**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

I think this is it. I Quit!

StripesWaterkatStripesWaterkat Posts: 28
edited May 2018 in General Discussion
I just wasted the last three days grinding the life out of me in the arena trying to get the 4* Nightcrawler. The only character I love the most and I hoped my 1.7M would be enough, but nope, only ended in the 11% ranking, thus, more useless shards. The one character, ONE, character I wanted the most and I can't get him cause there are just so many other people with higher levels and more time then I have to waste life grinding away all day and night. I stayed up till 6am for two of the three days grinding away, did the best I could between working, sleeping and eating, you know, the necessities of life and still, STILL, couldn't get enough. I'm tired and done! I don't have to time or money to waste on this game any longer. The crystal drop rates are pathetic, the amount of shards needed to get the higher level catalyst crystals and alpha catalysts are insane and impossible to get. The level of points needed to win a arena contest is beyond ridiculous, plus the time needed to achieve 2,3,4 million points in absolutely insane. I don't have time for this nonsense. Someone let me know when the requirements come down to some acceptable level where a casual player can get some enjoyment out of the game.

One character, ONE! That's all I wanted and now I'm out three F* days. Thanks. I QUIT!

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I just wasted the last three days grinding the life out of me in the arena trying to get the 4* Nightcrawler. The only character I love the most and I hoped my 1.7M would be enough, but nope, only ended in the 11% ranking, thus, more useless shards. The one character, ONE, character I wanted the most and I can't get him cause there are just so many other people with higher levels and more time then I have to waste life grinding away all day and night. I stayed up till 6am for two of the three days grinding away, did the best I could between working, sleeping and eating, you know, the necessities of life and still, STILL, couldn't get enough. I'm tired and done! I don't have to time or money to waste on this game any longer. The crystal drop rates are pathetic, the amount of shards needed to get the higher level catalyst crystals and alpha catalysts are insane and impossible to get. The level of points needed to win a arena contest is beyond ridiculous, plus the time needed to achieve 2,3,4 million points in absolutely insane. I don't have time for this nonsense. Someone let me know when the requirements come down to some acceptable level where a casual player can get some enjoyment out of the game.

One character, ONE! That's all I wanted and now I'm out three F* days. Thanks. I QUIT!

You'll get him if you play the game. Quit if you want but if you don't, don't grind arena for champs lol.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

Max all your 3*s and you’ll be able to put up a lot more points with the infinite streak strategy in basic arena. Most players have gone all out for an arena champ and not scored high enough to get that champ. It’s almost a rite of passage with gaining MCOC experience.
  • Nerfed2DefNerfed2Def Posts: 292 ★★
    He’s got a point. The game is diminishing no pin intended. @StripesWaterkat you have people spending hundreds of dollars on a character and spending on arena champs is no different. I’m not saying you were out spent in this arena, but in the game in general. Now you face these champs in AW that you simply can’t afford. Your in the back of a long line of people leaving this game. I hope I get in it soon enough.
  • StripesWaterkatStripesWaterkat Posts: 28
    edited May 2018
    The people who beat you out for Nightcrawler did not have way more time than you did: it sounds like your current roster strength is not quite high enough to efficiently score points in the arena. Nightcrawler went for about 1.9 million and in the basic arena that would take me about an hour a day.

- I think the lose of time is what upset me more then not having enough points. If I could do 2M points in just an hour a day, I don't think I would be as upset, some win, some lose, but I also lost three days.

You'll get him if you play the game. Quit if you want but if you don't, don't grind arena for champs lol.

- What other way is there aside from the dismal drop rates of the crystals (2% on average or 10%, if you buy a crystal, for a 4* chance) and the monthly stories?
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    The people who beat you out for Nightcrawler did not have way more time than you did: it sounds like your current roster strength is not quite high enough to efficiently score points in the arena. Nightcrawler went for about 1.9 million and in the basic arena that would take me about an hour a day.

- I think the lose of time is what upset me more then not having enough points. If I could do 2M points in just an hour a day, I don't think I would be as upset, some win, some lose, but I also lost three days.

- What other way is there aside from the dismal drop rates of the crystals (2% on average or 10%, if you buy a crystal, for a 4* chance) and the monthly stories?

If you play the game and are in an active alliance that runs 3 battlegroups in war you'll open a lot of 4* crystals. It's possible you won't ever get him. I still don't have wolverine. But I have most of the 4*s and a lot at max sig. You'll probably get him multiple times. Also, he'll be in the area again and if you really want him you'll be more equipped to get him next time. I haven't gone for many arena champs but actually did like 7.2 million or something the first time he was a basic champ. I won't grind for champs now.
  • OnerednovemberOnerednovember Posts: 47
    I've been playing this game for nearly 3 years. I cleared a lot of game content using 2 star champions and I spent a lot of hours grinding for 3 star champions as they were precious back then. What I'm trying to say is: don't put a lot of effort in arenas. Invest in champions that are useful to clear content and, in time, put some effort ranking the champs u love.
  • flygamerflygamer Posts: 344 ★★
    few weeks ago I grinded to 2.6 mill trying for mephisto. didnt get him. the game giveth, and the game taketh.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    Most of us have been there. Its frustrating to miss the mark. Keep Grinding. As a general rule, if you think you're safe, push harder. Believe me, the Basics used to be much higher.
  • AnimatronicstoAnimatronicsto Posts: 194

Brooo hahahah. This is one of the easiest arenas ever. Incredibly small points. Not sure what your roster looks like but i could put up 4 mil in the basi arena easily
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    You put in alot of effort no doubt maybe for 4* they could just consider a milestone amount instead of the imaginary finish line that has always been the arena...need to keep new people playing in order to sustain the contest....I have no use for any 4* except blade so why hold them back from the new community
  • RajutedaRajuteda Posts: 565 ★★
    I love hows its in injustice...real time you can see which rewards bracket you are in after every fight and put in the effort accordingly if you didnt reach the rewards you wanted...

Why cant kabam implement this?
  • bloodyCainbloodyCain Posts: 910 ★★★
    As an arena grinder and had some misfortune missing several FEATURED 4* in the past, I think you didn't do these 2 things. Again, FEATURED 4*. I had missed several FEATURED 4* arena by a small margin of point.

1) You didn't do a thorough research on previous 4* basic arena of the old champs since Killmonger (that's when 5* Featured was introduced). You will notice that all the old champs have a cutoff between 1.6 - 2mil. It means 1.7mil is not a safe area.

2) You didn't spend your units and arena boost on your top champs. From your post alone, I know your rosters aren't strong enough to grind for a 4* Basic casually. By casually, means you can still grind in a 4* basic without sacrificing much of your daily life activity especially sleep.

My advice, rank up your champs especially the 3* to max. If you wanna do the grind again, remember to use some arena boosts and units to refresh them. Be patience my friend.

PS: don't open your 4* crystal when you have 1. Hoarde them like up to 10 and open them all so that would help in lessening the stress a little bit. I mean, there must be at least 1 or 2 good champs out of 10.
    I really appreciate all the advice and constructive criticism from everyone.

The naysayers, haters and egotists can go jump off a bridge somewhere, we don't need you here.

But those that gave great advice and encouraged to press on, thank you, I really appreciate it. I think I will keep going a bit longer, see what I can make of it.

Thank you.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure the only champ that has gone for 1.7m in the Basic arena was Joe Fixit about a year ago.

I've been in the OP's shoes before and it sucks. Especially when you're throwing your whole roster at it and every unit/boost you can to maximize points. I will say that as time passes and your roster grows, the grind only gets easier. I'm at a point now where I only use 4/40 champs in arenas (3* 4/40 in the 3* Featured and 4* 4/40 in the 4* Basic) and can get all of the milestones in only a few rounds.

It sucks, but it does get better.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    If you keep going, at some point, you will be able to get 1.7M in 1 hour. But before that, we have to last through your stage, so it’s an experience that we all shared.
  • Kriss_IIKriss_II Posts: 64

For this reason, you're gonna quit? .Nightcrawler had one of the lowest cutoff. I don't what level are you or what your roster looks like. But I can say 1.7 million is such a low score only enough for getting 4-Star Abomi or Falcon. NC was about 1.9 M. I took 2.5 something. If you dont have enough champs to grind for a 4-Star basic arena. Instead play for 3 Star featured arena. And make a roster for 4-Star basic arena. You dont have to grind till day to night.
    This is such a silly reason to quit. I think you should continue gaming
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    I can get a mill in 1 and a half runs

Which if no lag is five and a half hours or so

You just need more characters

If you cAnt take the time don’t complain
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Goblin went for more than 1.6 mil. That was less then a year ago

I know not the 1.7 but you made it sound like was not possible
    1.7 ain't a big score as you said. If you cant grind for 4-Star basic, play 3-Star featured till you get a good roster. Or leave arenas. You should calculate an estimated cutoff before going for the champion.. Otherwise it'll be like taking 2.5 M for a 4-Star Blade and complaining this game for not getting. This is such a silly reason to quit. Continue this game if you like
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    Pretty sure the only champ that has gone for 1.7m in the Basic arena was Joe Fixit about a year ago.

I've been in the OP's shoes before and it sucks. Especially when you're throwing your whole roster at it and every unit/boost you can to maximize points. I will say that as time passes and your roster grows, the grind only gets easier. I'm at a point now where I only use 4/40 champs in arenas (3* 4/40 in the 3* Featured and 4* 4/40 in the 4* Basic) and can get all of the milestones in only a few rounds.

Bro, Abomithing was 1.649M LOL!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    I remember when I could only do 2-300k per Round. Now I'm at 800k or more at least, most times I don't play my full Roster. I don't run Suicides either. It just takes time to build a Roster. You just need to keep acquiring Champs and Ranking them.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »

Bro, Abomithing was 1.649M LOL!
    bloodyCain wrote: »
    As an arena grinder and had some misfortune missing several FEATURED 4* in the past, I think you didn't do these 2 things. Again, FEATURED 4*. I had missed several FEATURED 4* arena by a small margin of point.

1) You didn't do a thorough research on previous 4* basic arena of the old champs since Killmonger (that's when 5* Featured was introduced). You will notice that all the old champs have a cutoff between 1.6 - 2mil. It means 1.7mil is not a safe area.

2) You didn't spend your units and arena boost on your top champs. From your post alone, I know your rosters aren't strong enough to grind for a 4* Basic casually. By casually, means you can still grind in a 4* basic without sacrificing much of your daily life activity especially sleep.

My advice, rank up your champs especially the 3* to max. If you wanna do the grind again, remember to use some arena boosts and units to refresh them. Be patience my friend.

PS: don't open your 4* crystal when you have 1. Hoarde them like up to 10 and open them all so that would help in lessening the stress a little bit. I mean, there must be at least 1 or 2 good champs out of 10.

He could only score 1.7 in 3 days means he's no pro. SO you should open every 4-Star hero crystals when you get it. Otherwise you can't upgrade your roster and you can't score much in arenas. If you were a pro, you can save crystals as you want
  • juST4fUNjuST4fUN Posts: 172
    edited May 2018
    You may feel that lot of people are critisizing you....but they have a point. 1.7 mil is just not enough for good champs. Also if you grinded for 3 days & able to reach 1.7 mil that means your roaster is still not that strong. Some tips -

Work on your 3* , the more maxed 3* you have better chance of scoring higher
    once you reach 3X multiplier use your arena boost on your top champs( only ) this way you will score more points
    try to maintain infinity streak (google it) this way your multiplier will not reset to 1x
    Visit forum, trucos page where notmally people predict the cutoffs for arena , that way you have a clear idea how much you need to grind.

Hope you get him next time.
    Thanks man. Constructive criticism is a great thing and always appreciated. :D
  • DemonicStalkerDemonicStalker Posts: 303 ★★
    1.7m is and has been the threshold for 11-30% for longest time I've known. You won't get any champ with 1.7m, not even for colossus, magneto (marvel now), spider gwen, carnage, kamala khan, groot, she-hulk, hulkbuster, iron patriot...etc..

you have to do at least late 1.9m above to land even the worst of champs, let alone nightcrawler!
This discussion has been closed.