**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Out of touch rewards

RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
edited May 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
Yes... this is another vanquishing blows post, but maybe a little unlike the others. I'm not going to say, the event is too time consuming to hit milestones, too difficult to complete... in fact today's in particular might be the most easy vanquishing blows event we get.

This will be significantly more frustrating if you have to do this with a mutant and light attack... it's not always easy to end a fight with a low damage attack, and don't take in a bleed champ, in case you accidentally end a few fights with damage over time, anyway I digress.

Let's get rid of the standard argument that always follows, yes, I am aware I am not forced to do the event. It's not mandatory and it's only a game.

The game rewards you for effort put in. No effort, very little reward (hey, there are still freebie login calendars). Let's get into numbers. Some of the rewards are seemingly very out of touch with the level of effort put into achieving them and vanquishing blows is a prime example. Infinity dust is an in-game currency. For 75 fights, I am going to accumulate 80,000 dust (milestones + minimum rank = 60,000 + 20,000 approximately). In the Infinity Dust store, I can buy a T4B for 400,000 dust.... which means I need to complete milestones 5 times.

Coincidentally, 75 fights breaks down into 25 rounds of arena, which give or take a few rounds is probably what you need to bash out 1.1 million in the T4B arena. Except I get a full T4B from this. Do this time, does this level of effort match up?

Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    Kabam needs to fix all solo events by lowering the amount of points needed to qualify for rewards.
  • Options
    albanyaussiealbanyaussie Posts: 80
    Such a joke how they scale the rewards for difficulties, time spent, etc. For example they lowered the total 5* shards in this months EQ because there's only one path on the last map. Kabam, stop punishing people that have real life responsibilities.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    Hey there,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts regarding the current event's rewards! We understand that it is important for the rewards to match up to the effort, specially when you do have to consider time spent in the event takes away from time spent in other areas of the game, such as Arena. Understand that we do take all this feedback into consideration and will be looking into the way rewards are currently implemented. This doesn't guarantee a change, and if we do decide to work this into something different it might take time to implement.

We would love to hear more about how you feel on this. What type of rewards do you think would scale well for the milestones? Give exacts, share your thoughts on why you feel they would be balanced with the current difficulty to achieve them, and share if maybe the issue is that the milestones for these are too high. We look forward to hearing what you and your fellow Summoners can come up with!

Thanks for taking the time to look at this, and thank you for asking for suggestions.

I do not think that the vanquishing blows event is too time consuming (it's much better compared to last time). I do think that the solo event rewards are very out of date. I wont post what they currently are, but below is an idea of what I'd like them to be.

Suggested solo event milestone rewards:

1: Greater solo crystal shards x 1000; (rework GSC: remove xp boosts, arena boosts; add L3 health pots, gold)
    Golden crystal x 1;
    ISO Sphere x 1 (new "crystal": chance of getting t3b iso - t4c iso {2 bricks})
    Level 2 health pot x 2

2: Greater solo crystal shards x 1500;
    Lesser solo crystal x 1000;
    ISO Sphere x 2
    T3b catalyst x 1

3: Greater solo crystal shards x 1500;
    Golden crystal x 2;
    Basic catalyst crystal (new crystal: chance of getting t2b - t4b frags)
    Level 1 revive x 1
    4* Signature stone crystal

4: Loyalty x 2000; (Yes, a solo event loyalty reward)
    Arena boost crystal x 2
    Golden crystal x 2
    Units 25

5: Alliance crystal x 2; (Yes, alliance crystals, do you remember the last time you bought one?)
    Golden crystal x 2
    T3C catalyst fragment crystal x 10
    Signature stone crystal (new crystal: chance of getting 3*-5* sig stone)
    3* hero crystal shards x 1000 (if not uncollected)
    Grandmaster crystal shards x250 (if uncollected)
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    @Kabam Rimehaven Thanks for taking the time to look at this, and thank you for asking for suggestions.

I do not think that the vanquishing blows event is too time consuming (it's much better compared to last time). I do think that the solo event rewards are very out of date. I wont post what they currently are, but below is an idea of what I'd like them to be.

Suggested solo event milestone rewards:

1: Greater solo crystal shards x 1000; (rework GSC: remove xp boosts, arena boosts; add L3 health pots, gold)
    Golden crystal x 1;
    ISO Sphere x 1 (new "crystal": chance of getting t3b iso - t4c iso {2 bricks})
    Level 2 health pot x 2

2: Greater solo crystal shards x 1500;
    Lesser solo crystal x 1000;
    ISO Sphere x 2
    T3b catalyst x 1

3: Greater solo crystal shards x 1500;
    Golden crystal x 2;
    Basic catalyst crystal (new crystal: chance of getting t2b - t4b frags)
    Level 1 revive x 1
    4* Signature stone crystal

4: Loyalty x 2000; (Yes, a solo event loyalty reward)
    Arena boost crystal x 2
    Golden crystal x 2
    Units 25

5: Alliance crystal x 2; (Yes, alliance crystals, do you remember the last time you bought one?)
    Golden crystal x 2
    T3C catalyst fragment crystal x 10
    Signature stone crystal (new crystal: chance of getting 3*-5* sig stone)
    3* hero crystal shards x 1000 (if not uncollected)
    Grandmaster crystal shards x250 (if uncollected)
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    @Riegel Thank you for adding something constructive on the thread. Like you, I suggested that the event is not necessarily time consuming. In my original post, I outlined the RTTL way to achieve the milestones, which would have got you done in around 30 minutes. I just think for that number of fights the one fifth of a T4B is out of sync other areas of the game.

Unfortunately because I referred to the method as a "h4ck", the useful information was deleted from my post.
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    all rewards need a revamp. aq for sure then the daily and 3 day and ally milestone rewards. aw rewards are fine as they are the only rewards that match the effort and stress that go into it
  • Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    300 5 star shards for the last milestone, that seems very reasonable to me. @Kabam Rimehaven

Maybe also 300 4 star shards for the milestone before, but not as necessary because 5 stars are now much more valuable than 4 stars.
  • Options
    NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    Still no update to the aq rewards. You guys put sentinel but still didn't update the rewards.
  • Options
    GladtoKillGladtoKill Posts: 15
    #Rank rewards calculations have some bug kabam need to fix it
    Tell me what is the minimum time taken to reach 640000 #milestone points in 3v3 event. I played 3v3event where domino 3* was a prize for rank rewards completed this event in 3 days. Rank rewards was 11-25%.
    Last week completed Askani Son 3v3 event within 8 hours of event launch 10pm IST. Still rank rewards is 11-25% category. How is this possible??
    I am facing list issue from last 4 events. Before these events I won
    3*captain America infinity war
    3*corvus glaive
    3*Hulk range on
    3*hela
    3*nebula
    3* void
    3*Thor rangrok
    3* iron man infinity warrior.
    In 3vs3 events when I finished game within 1 or 2 days of event launches. So if I am completing events now is less than I took to complete earlier events. I think definitely there is a bug or cheating being done in rewards calculation. I think the players who buy champions from kabam are considered before the players who don't buy. I haven't purchased a single champ or units till date from ksbam in my 4 months playing tenure of Contest of Champions.
    Friends do support me in this so that the efforts and time of the players dedication in this game is considered by kabam an stop this injustice to players who don't buy.

• Options
    TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Also I assume you may be newer player - you are in different brackets for month 1, month 2 and then month 3+... As you move towards veteran bracket (month 3+), the 3* feature is usually around 1M. The first two months you are in brackets competing with people who have played similar length of time