**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Magik as AW boss and Ultron

EBG78EBG78 Posts: 122 ★★
Something had been bugging me about Magik as AW boss and the damage that she does from limbo. According to the stats of any rank 4 5* Magik, her limbo should only cause 430.25 damage per second. However, in AW, with her as a boss, she does 881 damage per second. This would lead me to believe that the attack percentage increase node would also affect her limbo. The part that is off for me is that if you were to use Ultron against her, he does not convert this energy attack into power and health like his signature ability is supposed to. So, either Magik's limbo is an energy attack (boosted by nodes in AW) and Ultron should regenerate from it, or it is not considered an attack (Ultron would not regenerate) and her limbo should not be boosted by AW nodes.

Comments

• Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Third choise: Limbo increases with Magik's attack, and Ultron shouldn't regen from it since it is direct damage, not and attack
  • Options
    PsyCriPsyCri Posts: 19
    Limbo is energy damage per second it s not direct damage at least this is written on her stats,EBG78 has so right I never thought that..
  • Options
    MrW3Ak___MrW3Ak___ Posts: 43
    They've commented on this a long time ago. Not gonna change.

Electros shock damage is now labeled as energy damage. Does nothing for ultron either.
  • Options
    OGHeRRoOGHeRRo Posts: 113
    This is also interesting to me as well @EBG78. Sig abilities should remain the same regardless of game play modes. Kabam stated that attacks will scale with the boost of the nodes your champ is placed on. Limbo can only be boosted if it's considered an attack, and if it's an attack ultron should convert it into power and energy no questions asked. Also you can't use the "it has to be a physical attack" because ultron coverts Doc's sp2 attack which is not a physical attack like a punch from magneto.
  • Options
    Limbo is direct damage. No questions about that.
    To heal, ultron needs to be attacked directly.
  • Options
    @MrW3Ak___ , do you remember what their reason was?
  • Options
    eXtripa69 wrote: »

EXACTLY! It has to be an attack. The boss node only boosts ATTACK. NOT all abilities. Also, her limbo is a flat number. It doesn't say anything about being based on attack.

• Options
    @eXtripa69 , I understand your point, I scratch my head because electros attack is direct no power or regen for ultron. docs attack is not direct and ultron gains power and regen from his s2
  • Options
    DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    I dont see why Kabam cant have consistency across their champs

Ultron being able to heal off Limbo will actually give us a viable solution to fighting Magik
  • Options
    @DJRipster I agree 100% consistency is what is always preached but we haven't seen much of it lately as a community. Also it's a big deal especially now that ultron will be available in the 5* crystal.
  • Options
    EBG78 wrote: »

EXACTLY! It has to be an attack. The boss node only boosts ATTACK. NOT all abilities. Also, her limbo is a flat number. It doesn't say anything about being based on attack.

Thats because everything that was based on attack is still based on attack. Limbo, bleed, poison, etc.
    Thats how it is supposed to work
  • Options
    OGHeRRo wrote: »
    @eXtripa69 , I understand your point, I scratch my head because electros attack is direct no power or regen for ultron. docs attack is not direct and ultron gains power and regen from his s2

Dr. Strange special 1/2 hurt Ultron directly. If it was like that, then no projectile attack should heal ultron.

Electro static shock is a defensive ability. It needs to be offensive in order to heal ultron
  • Options
    @eXtripa69 so limbo is based on attack but is not considered an "attack" still hits like an attack but ultron can't gain power or health from the non"attack that scales like an attack energy attack." That makes my head spin.
  • Options
    Thats because everything that was based on attack is still based on attack. Limbo, bleed, poison, etc.

The problem is that it doesn't say anything about being based on attack. It just says "causes 430.25 energy damage". Now if it said something like "causes 25% of attack as energy damage", then I could see it scaling up with attack.
  • Options
    EBG78 wrote: »

The problem is that it doesn't say anything about being based on attack. It just says "causes 430.25 energy damage". Now if it said something like "causes 25% of attack as energy damage", then I could see it scaling up with attack.

It was that before the update. Kabam still needs to fix it
  • Options
    @eXtripa69 , for electro I was referring to his s1 or s2 attack. Ultron doesn't gain anything from those attacks. Nevertheless Im assuming there's some sort of logic to the madness but apparently there isn't.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    The problem is if they change her limbo to not scale people will get through AW without buying revives and heals. Not that that's a huge issue they are a business after all. She's literally everywhere in high rated T1 AW's.
  • Options
    OGHeRRo wrote: »
    @eXtripa69 , for electro I was referring to his s1 or s2 attack. Ultron doesn't gain anything from those attacks. Nevertheless Im assuming there's some sort of logic to the madness but apparently there isn't.

Just tested it. My ultron is regen from electro sp1 and sp2
  • Options
    @Riegel , yep and that's where my alliance is at. AW is basically a mystic war of Magjik as the top middle and bottom plus main boss and then a couple spideys or nc's here and there.
  • Options
    @eXtripa69, that's interesting my ultron is sig 99 I couldn't get him to convert it. I just tried. I'm submitting a ticket. It's good to know it's working for someone though..
  • Options
    Riegel wrote: »
    The problem is if they change her limbo to not scale people will get through AW without buying revives and heals. Not that that's a huge issue they are a business after all. She's literally everywhere in high rated T1 AW's.

I don't know. Just the fact that her health would still be so high, and she'd be stun immune, she'd still trigger limbo a decent amount and still get a bunch of KO's.
  • Options
    RbvojtikRbvojtik Posts: 113
    I think the reason Ultron won't convert limbo damage to healing is that it would require the programmers to try and make something function in the game as it is described. The mods will say it's because it's a passive ability doing passive damage. Kind of like how Mordo and Doctor Voodoo each have energy resistance when blocking, but Mordo's functions completely different because, though it was written the same, is "intended" to be different.

I would love consistency in the game, but that is something that kabam has been going away from for so long. A buff is a beneficial effect that a char procs giving him a benefit in the fight... unless they say it's passive (even though it shows identical to a buff). Same thing with debuffs. Healing abilities don't interact with nodes in AW, but it does in AQ. There was a conversion to flat rates for some stats, but not others (as many champs are still released with percentage based values in the description).

Just listen to the reason the mods give, nod your head, roll your eyes, and go back to playing. It doesn't have to make sense for the game to still be fun.
  • Options
    Rbvojtik wrote: »
    Just listen to the reason the mods give, nod your head, roll your eyes, and go back to playing. It doesn't have to make sense for the game to still be fun.

But with all of the bugs right now, and how long it's taking them to fix things that don't benefit them, the game isn't that fun anymore. Well, at least for me.
  • Options
    @Balm82 so SS lowers limbo significantly? I hadn't heard that one before. Also Magjik can rewind YJs power sting I had that happen to me before. Also yj has a precision buff that triggers MD. How much does SS lower limbo damage? I'm really curious about this as I've pondered fully unlocking SS.
  • Options
    Good to know I didn't know anyone who even had SS at lvl 1. I also didn't figure that the 960 or SS lvl 5 of 5 was the actual damage reduction number.just figured it factored into some on silly equation that still wouldn't really reduce limbo.