**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Iron man too Overpowered

Comments

• mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Tempest wrote: »
    So, it turns out IMIW is not OP at all now... I guess we should all have waited to play him before passing judgment!

It goes to my other thing which is driving me away from the game... the BS nodes that champs end up on.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    So, it turns out IMIW is not OP at all now... I guess we should all have waited to play him before passing judgment!

It wasn’t that he was too OP as an attacker, it was about defence. At least read the thread before acting so high and mighty.

Don't get you.. he is not OP either way (attack or defense)... his armor falls off quick... and it is not an easy rotation to get the plasma, you think that AI playing for you on defense is gonna get it? Don't forget the uncollected version was on a buffed node that included kinetic reactor and enhanced armor up amongst other things.
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Can’t wait to see this guy on node 24, he’ll be the new favourite replacing Medusa. Sick of the cash grab mechanics, to be honest. Auto-block is cheap and not fun at all, no wonder players are losing interest.
  • Username1583Username1583 Posts: 165
    On the explosive personality it's impossible to face him in war. That dude is crazy...
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★

It wasn’t that he was too OP as an attacker, it was about defence. At least read the thread before acting so high and mighty.

Don't get you.. he is not OP either way (attack or defense)... his armor falls off quick... and it is not an easy rotation to get the plasma, you think that AI playing for you on defense is gonna get it? Don't forget the uncollected version was on a buffed node that included kinetic reactor and enhanced armor up amongst other things.

When he reaches 15% health he will be awful. He has a 24% chance to gain one stack of armour on a hit, even if you wait it out he still has a 24% chance to parry you. That’s 1 in 4. So every 4 hits he will stun you and then have a full combo. In Aw that’s enough to Ko you.

Imagine if Spider-Man stunned you every time he evaded you, that’s what we are looking at with IMIW.

The issue isn’t plasma, the issue is waiting out his armour, then hitting him and having a 24% chance to be parried. The uncollected boss had enough people complaining about him and he couldn’t even parry you. The fact you can’t see this being an issue means you either are ignoring how bad this will be or you don’t fully understand.

No it isn't 1 in every 4, the odds aren't based like that. It's 24% chance on every hit, do that doesn't mean 2 hits it goes to 48% chance.

It could happen 4 hits in a row, and then it could not happen 20 hits in a row.

Just because it says a 24% chance it doesn't go up in % with each hit after the first.
  • ApacheApache Posts: 558 ★★
    enjoy spending money to get him and spending money to beat him lol
  • Username1583Username1583 Posts: 165
    Palanthrax wrote: »
    Can’t wait to see this guy on node 24, he’ll be the new favourite replacing Medusa. Sick of the cash grab mechanics, to be honest. Auto-block is cheap and not fun at all, no wonder players are losing interest.

Not node 24, Void can get him easily. On node 38 is unbeatable.

When he reaches 15% health he will be awful. He has a 24% chance to gain one stack of armour on a hit, even if you wait it out he still has a 24% chance to parry you. That’s 1 in 4. So every 4 hits he will stun you and then have a full combo. In Aw that’s enough to Ko you.

Imagine if Spider-Man stunned you every time he evaded you, that’s what we are looking at with IMIW.

The issue isn’t plasma, the issue is waiting out his armour, then hitting him and having a 24% chance to be parried. The uncollected boss had enough people complaining about him and he couldn’t even parry you. The fact you can’t see this being an issue means you either are ignoring how bad this will be or you don’t fully understand.

What is the issue with waiting out the armor? My main point was that his armors fall off very quickly compared to the UC version. At 15% health, he will gain 1-2 bars of power (depends on sig level), just make sure that he has less than 1 bar of power and you're fine. Also, only 2 of his 4 autoblocks can parry. And also stacking to 4 stacks of armor is actually not easy given how fast they drop off. And his specials are easy to evade.

He's not a bad champ, he has a lot of utility, just not "overpowered". His damage isn't very high comparatively, unless you can get the rotation right to get shock/ incinerate/ plasma.

Happy to be corrected, I don't have any issue admitting I am wrong if I am. BTW, also happy to receive a ranked up IMIW duel target (not sure if can be posted here so PM?) so I can further test it out.

Palanthrax wrote: »

Not node 24, Void can get him easily. On node 38 is unbeatable.

If you don't mind me asking, what tier are you at/ what war rating are you?
  • DarthCorleoneDarthCorleone Posts: 41
    He is very tough in Uncollected Event. I found that Iceman does extremely well against him towards the end. His Coldsnap helped me win against him. You have to dodge his random unblockable SP1. That is a pain.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Kabam really trying to profit on Aw at the moment. Releasing new characters with autoblock that can parry you. There’s no skill that comes from it, 100% chance to parry you if he has one stack of armour which if you wait out the armour he has a 1 in 4 chance to trigger anyway. That’s like if spidey stunned you every time he evaded, and we all know how often it seems like he evades.

Just watch Kabam start releasing more champions with true strike, so they can make money off people trying desperately to counter autoblock.

Isn't it 4 stacks when he gets the chance to auto-block? which is manageable.

The only issue I see is with sig ability, which gives him 8 instantly.

So with his sig it gives him 8 instantly, which auto blocks and gives him power. I just wait for those to expire, but after they do expire when he’s under 15% and gets even one stack of armour he autoblocks anyway

So this is from Seatin’s stream. You see Iron man with 1 stack of armour here
    53u8qjf8b5yj.png

And this is when the hit connects, iron man actually uses his special anyway, but regardless you can see that he autoblocks with 1 armour stack
    gyhel22wdkev.png

https://youtu.be/ChPgQDR61XE
    Here’s the video if you want to check around the 20 minute mark.

@Tempest the proof was in this thread, I quoted the post above so check it out. He auto blocks even when you hit him with one armour. There’s no issue waiting out the armour and that’s not what I said. The issue, which you seem to be ignoring is that he has a 24% chance to parry you. End of.

Even after the initial 8 armours, even if he has one stack of armour he will parry you and he will gain power continuously. yao6twuj6avb.jpeg

“Under the effects of AN armour effect” not under the effects of 2 armour.

Why would the armour fall off quicker than uncollected? Was there a node that increased beneficial effect?
    Regardless, the issue with iron man is that when you hit him under 15% after waiting out the armour you have a 24% chance to get parried anyway. That is ridiculous.
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Have you seen a r4 5* on explosive personality node? It’s even harder than buffet. Smh kabam, do you even test the content you create?
    edited May 2018
    Why would the armour fall off quicker than uncollected? Was there a node that increased beneficial effect?
    Regardless, the issue with iron man is that when you hit him under 15% after waiting out the armour you have a 24% chance to get parried anyway. That is ridiculous.

Hmm, there was definitely "enhanced armor up" and kinetic reactor.

Also you get 8 stacks with lvl 99 4* I believe, if you have a low sig, you could get only 1 stack. I believe with low sig you can gain about 1 bar of power (maybe a bit less?) and with lvl 99 it was about 2 bars of power.

About autoparry in last bit of fight (if he is duped), in theory you are right, though it does not show this in the video (as you mentioned, he got special-ed to death, not autoparried). you have to save your special to finish off that last sliver of health, or take your chances, 76% is still pretty much in your favor.. this is probably why his damage is on the lower side, since he has other utility. That balances him out. He's good, just not super OP. Medusa has incredibly high damage in addition to living strands. Dorm has MD and degen.

Also by the time this kicks into effect, he's already pretty much almost dead...

On attack, he is also a ramp up damage kind of fighter, sort of like Void...
    NevvB wrote: »
    Have you seen a r4 5* on explosive personality node? It’s even harder than buffet. Smh kabam, do you even test the content you create?

Isn't this the one where you take damage if he blocks your attacks 5x? If so, why not just avoid hitting his block?

Hmm, there was definitely "enhanced armor up" and kinetic reactor.

Also you get 8 stacks with lvl 99 4* I believe, if you have a low sig, you could get only 1 stack. I believe with low sig you can gain about 1 bar of power (maybe a bit less?) and with lvl 99 it was about 2 bars of power.

About autoparry in last bit of fight (if he is duped), in theory you are right, though it does not show this in the video (as you mentioned, he got special-ed to death, not autoparried). you have to save your special to finish off that last sliver of health, or take your chances, 76% is still pretty much in your favor.. this is probably why his damage is on the lower side, since he has other utility. That balances him out. He's good, just not super OP. Medusa has incredibly high damage in addition to living strands. Dorm has MD and degen.

Also by the time this kicks into effect, he's already pretty much almost dead...

On attack, he is also a ramp up damage kind of fighter, sort of like Void...
    Neither of those nodes increase the time armour is up therefore making your point about armour falling off faster moot.

It doesn’t matter if he gets 1 stack or 8, he still autoblocks you and the armour isn’t consumed. So he just autoblocks you again and again, parrying you.

When fights in Aw get you 150k health that 15% health is a hell of a long time if you don’t get a good special in.

76% is in your favour yes, but that’s only assuming one hit. The chances that in a 5 hit combo he won’t trigger armour is 25%. The chances that after 10 hits he won’t trigger armour is 6%. He has a 75% chance to stun you in 1 combo and a 94% chance to stun you in 2 combos.

Again, I don’t know why you keep bringing this up. Literally nobody has said he’s Op in attack. I love his mechanics, the stacking and reapplying plasma. But his sig ability is frankly just moneygrabbing. It benefits the AI predominantly and is only there to remove the skill of a player as a factor. His sig needs to be changed so that he can’t parry on auto block. The normal 4 stacks of armour autoblock parry is fine.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    We have a 4* IMIF on defense. He’s gotten 28 kills combined from just 2 wars. We are a 2700+ rated alliance. People just don’t know how to fight him
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    He has to be bugged. Absolute roadblock in AW with instant parries on armor node. Auto-parry is the worst mechanic introduced into this game.
    edited May 2018
    Found a duel target "Fuelish". He's getting armor up while under armor shatter from Medusa and under GR fateseal. Awesome.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    Just frustrating that basicly the worst mechanic introduced in the game ( auto block into parry) keeps being added. Why can’t the developers listen to the playerbase? One more reason to quit the game soon, well done Kabam. P.S. I didn’t even use a single pot for IM in uncollected, non parry you can outskill him. With parry it’s just broken.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    Yup we are losing this AW because someone put a 5* one on an explosive personality node ... A few seconds is all it takes to auto block to reach the explosives limit. Yes more learning needed to reduce deaths since only our first fight with him but he is OP AF.
    Found a duel target "Fuelish". He's getting armor up while under armor shatter from Medusa and under GR fateseal. Awesome.
    The armour is passive so can’t be nullified, fate sealed or prevented by stagger, armour shatter or anything. Kabam have only done it for money grabbing in Aw, they know the pressure from Aw seasons is getting people to revive through nodes= money.
  • XepherXepher Posts: 17
    Search for the video of new Iron man vs mordo. Mordo will not be a counter
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Gains armor every 2 seconds, can’t hit into his block. After 4 armors auto parry to remove (1) armor and repeat.
    Balanced.

f9gf2ogsja89.png
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    If you google the youtube videos he's actually very underwhelming. I had high hopes for him but IW Cap blows him out of the water!
    The armour is passive so can’t be nullified, fate sealed or prevented by stagger, armour shatter or anything. Kabam have only done it for money grabbing in Aw, they know the pressure from Aw seasons is getting people to revive through nodes= money.

That is such garbage.
  • AspareAspare Posts: 76
    Really disappointed by the youtube videos... sure hes broken in defense but I was really hoping to see something amazing when it came to offense
This discussion has been closed.