Appreciation

Comments

• BitterSteelBitterSteel Member Posts: 9,264 ★★★★★
    Sirnoob wrote: »
    U can call a duck a fish won't change the fact it's a duck

But this is asking for something. Not calling something that is pre existing. Continuing your metaphor, I'm not calling a duck a fish, I'm asking for a duck or a fish

The point of that was to show u u can say something nice like a politician does but in the end everyone knows the truth u can say I want this as appriciation but in the end u just want a free do over

I would like this because I don't think people had enough time to figure out the new system. I think there was enough time to figure out the new champs because yeah, there were only 7 nerfs, so that's 7 champions to use for 45mins to test them, and see what's changed. Easily achievable in a month. But for the system you have to test all your champs to see what's changed. I have 70 4* and 12 5* so 45 minutes each is 60 hours to spend testing champs. It's simply not enough time to do in a month especially with Aq/Aw going on.

That argument will always be MADE tho some people take more time then others like I said at one point a decision has to be made on a time frame

I just think a month is clearly not long enough. And kabam owes it to their customers (who have been having a pretty **** time recently with lags, bugs etc) to just say, you know what? We can afford to give a few little items out that won't upset the balance of the game, since we will give them equally out to everyone, and that won't cost us anything because they're digital item. I'm just saying 1 3*, 2 4* and 1 5* rank down ticket would not kill the game.
  • SirnoobSirnoob Member Posts: 952 ★★★

But this is asking for something. Not calling something that is pre existing. Continuing your metaphor, I'm not calling a duck a fish, I'm asking for a duck or a fish

The point of that was to show u u can say something nice like a politician does but in the end everyone knows the truth u can say I want this as appriciation but in the end u just want a free do over

I would like this because I don't think people had enough time to figure out the new system. I think there was enough time to figure out the new champs because yeah, there were only 7 nerfs, so that's 7 champions to use for 45mins to test them, and see what's changed. Easily achievable in a month. But for the system you have to test all your champs to see what's changed. I have 70 4* and 12 5* so 45 minutes each is 60 hours to spend testing champs. It's simply not enough time to do in a month especially with Aq/Aw going on.

That argument will always be MADE tho some people take more time then others like I said at one point a decision has to be made on a time frame

I just think a month is clearly not long enough. And kabam owes it to their customers (who have been having a pretty **** time recently with lags, bugs etc) to just say, you know what? We can afford to give a few little items out that won't upset the balance of the game, since we will give them equally out to everyone, and that won't cost us anything because they're digital item. I'm just saying 1 3*, 2 4* and 1 5* rank down ticket would not kill the game.

Why rank down tho why not rank up gems?
  • chunkybchunkyb Member, Content Creators Posts: 1,453 Content Creator
    Ok fine. Rank ups, then. Lol. I thought rank downs were more fair. But I'm down with the rank ups hahaha

A rank down ticket is a lot more versatile to help satisfy people. A rank up gem is specific to a certain rank. And like, I want to rank down gambit because the new system made him weak, I think my t2 alphas were wasted on him. And anyway, if it was a rank up gem, the only way I'll be happy about it is if it were a 5* from rank 3 to rank 4 and A) I know that would never happen and B ) nor would I want it to happen, because then that gives me an extra free rank 4 5* which actually would put the prestige game out of whack.
  • Dave2442Dave2442 Member Posts: 109

Isn't that already a thing? In the Arena if you score the top 800 you get a gem that looks like (To me at least) a rank up gem. Am I wrong?

A rank down ticket is a lot more versatile to help satisfy people. A rank up gem is specific to a certain rank. And like, I want to rank down gambit because the new system made him weak, I think my t2 alphas were wasted on him. And anyway, if it was a rank up gem, the only way I'll be happy about it is if it were a 5* from rank 3 to rank 4 and A) I know that would never happen and B) nor would I want it to happen, because then that gives me an extra free rank 4 5* which actually would put the prestige game out of whack.

It's must be a personal thing then but for me sitting on a crazy amount of 4 40 and 5 50 4 stars and not having any 5 stars I want to rank would rather have something else as compensation for the bugs as rank down tickets would end up not being used on my roster

A rank down ticket is a lot more versatile to help satisfy people. A rank up gem is specific to a certain rank. And like, I want to rank down gambit because the new system made him weak, I think my t2 alphas were wasted on him. And anyway, if it was a rank up gem, the only way I'll be happy about it is if it were a 5* from rank 3 to rank 4 and A) I know that would never happen and B) nor would I want it to happen, because then that gives me an extra free rank 4 5* which actually would put the prestige game out of whack.

It's must be a personal thing then but for me sitting on a crazy amount of 4 40 and 5 50 4 stars and not having any 5 stars I want to rank would rather have something else as compensation for the bugs as rank down tickets would end up not being used on my roster

Thing is, rank up gems are adding extra things to your account. Rank down tickets helps you rearrange items you've already earned and fought for. I wouldn't have thought someone against things being handed out would rather rank down than rank up. Since rank up is like an extra 5 basics and 3 class, and rank down is nothing extra, only what you've earned.
    edited June 2017

Thing is, rank up gems are adding extra things to your account. Rank down tickets helps you rearrange items you've already earned and fought for. I wouldn't have thought someone against things being handed out would rather rank down than rank up. Since rank up is like an extra 5 basics and 3 class, and rank down is nothing extra, only what you've earned.

Where talking about the ability to get free res would much rather the ability to skip the middle man and just get things over with
    Ad it stands I have no need for s rank down tickets hell I'd take the memory lane crystal over it and tbh don't care either way about getting a rank down gem would be nice but still meh to me will prob get those res anyway
  • ThreedeadkingsThreedeadkings Member Posts: 97
    To be fair, I had not played a mobile game where the devs provide you multiple chances to fully recoup level up resources when they decided to nerf champions. (Well perhaps I'm not playing the right mobile game if indeed rank down is common or it exists). Hence I'm nonchalant with action taken by Kabam due to 12.0.

But that's not what I wanted to share with this post. I'll admit firsthand I exploited those rank downs when they were provided due to 12.0.
    I didn't rank down the alleged God-tiered champs. Not a single one. But instead, I stripped my
    4* R5s whom I have acquired their 5* variant (ie Storm, HE, BP, IF, Spider-Man, Cyclops, Ronan, Drax) or any latest acquired 4*/5* champs.

Simply put, (as some here would term it) I rearranged my entire profile and prestige. For someone like me with 93 4*, 21 5* and 105k pvps it's a no brainer requiring 720 hours to decide (well at least thats me) whom I should rank up or down due to 12.0.

I was so elated that I actually didn't even have to use too much any of my hard earned rank up resources during the period, be it alphaT1, alphat2, T4CCs, T4Bs or ISOs and gold!

Whilst I can understand some here would want rank down for whatever reasons you tried very hard to convince yourself as valid, I simply and honestly cared very little. But I do want to wholeheartedly thank you in advance if Kabam ever does 'appreciate' the player base with more regular rank down again in the future.

I'll simply exploit and milk every bit of it again and rearrange my champ profile every single time Kabam provide a rank down. Seriously, why would I ever want a 4* R5 CapAm anymore if I can R4 5* CapAm with a very minimal use of new resources, right?

Hey, no prestige gain but who the hell cares when class resources drop rates are so uncertain and alphat2 is so scarce to obtain currently? Hell, I won't even need to play AQ6x5 anymore for those pesky and insanely difficult to get alphat2 shards. And I certainly won't even need to run those measly 1.1mil milestone for one t4b anymore. Or better yet, never will I ever need to open any of my unopened 60 t4cc and 300+ t4cc shards at stash IFrank down tickets are ever made cyclical or even into an arbitrary providence in the future.

P/S: thanks in advance if you actually 'flag' this post. What an amazing 'community'
  • winterthurwinterthur Member Posts: 8,058 ★★★★★
    Here is hoping the 4th special week long login bonus may have that elusive rank down or equivalent item.

• MalynoMalyno Member Posts: 4
    Would be cool if they gave at least a rank of 5 * and 1 of 4 * as a bonus or in the calendar
  • ChrisA19978ChrisA19978 Member Posts: 55
    The reason why they will not give anymore rank down tickets because too many people jeep asking for them. I am happy with my choices and sometimes you just need to wait a little before ranking someone up. I am up in the air for who I will rank up next but the odds are I will fill up my T4CC before I decide unless I get one of the few champs I really want. The odds are my next rank up will be a 5 star champ.
    That makes me sense
  • BronzeFallBronzeFall Member Posts: 60
    I honestly wouldnt mind rank down tickets. I have a 4/40 Psylocke and she isnt that great.
  • wray1976wray1976 Member Posts: 459 ★★

Even better!
    Wouldn't you rather see a rank down offer show up instead of that ridiculous sig stone deal?
    I see you @RichTheMan gv1qq10bws0l.png
    That's the most important point of all. They had the mindset of "this is the game now, deal with it" until the blowback happened. They've shown they won't react if they don't have to. Their hand has to be forced.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Member Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    I loved summoner appreciation especially the healing quests and increased gold and bcs. The bugs everyone was having never seemed to happen on my device as long as I had good service. To me this was free stuff for no reason
    I don't think appreciation is happening for any other reason than kabam appreciates having a large, loyal player base. It's not compensation for months of bugs. And while I'm glad you've experienced none, it doesn't make those bugs any less real for those that have experienced it.

For me, I use a pixel and have excellent coverage and wifi. The bugs aren't a user created thing.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Member Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited June 2017
    Honestly I don't feel very appreciated....so far the only real value to me was the sig stones. Still have tons of bugs and broken champs. It's gotten to the point we don't even expect champs to work properly, we just learn to deal with their quirks. I'm glad some people are enjoying it though.
  • Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Member Posts: 223
    Here's what I liked best about appreciation month:
    - alliance potions
    - arena chip boost
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I just want one rank down ticket to fix this aberrationhlvux1zelt2o.png

What happened? Did you accidentally rank her up? Or did you just think hmm black widows looking a bit green, ah well I'm sure she'll feel better soon. And then ranked her.
  • username92847username92847 Member Posts: 292
    edited June 2017
    Lots of good points in this thread....

I hope kabam listens & hears us saying

"We want more RDTs. !!!!!
    Please give us some for appreciation month"

But, we need more ppl to hit AGREE
  • ThawnimThawnim Member Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Snizzbar wrote: »
    I just want one rank down ticket to fix this aberrationhlvux1zelt2o.png

My friend made the same mistake when he was drunk.
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Member Posts: 2,884 ★★★★★
    She hulk can role through poison path on map 5 with ease, yeah that isn't much I know, but if you stun and use heavy she can get out 7-8k damage in a hit
  • RehctansBewRehctansBew Member Posts: 442 ★★★
    While I appreciate the OP, and the last two weeks have been nice. I think the thing that is still irking me is all the bugs and mistakes made in the updates 12.0 and beyond that has cost us significant resources and units. Then these weeks they give us all these great chances at rewards and potions as appreciation for the constant bugs. Just chaps me in the wrong way. It's not appreciation for being players, it's sorry we've sucked and now we want you to jump over the moon with all these awesome rewards.
  • Mwhitaker23Mwhitaker23 Member Posts: 332 ★★
    I could care less about rand down tickets I want a 5 star generic awakening gem or a class crystal
    #makeithappenkabam
    Agreed @RehctansBew. This appreciation month should NOT be seen as compensation for months and months of issues. By definition, that's not appreciation. This month has been "thanks for being a player/customer" only. It's not being taken by most as payback for the issues. Not by me, for sure.
    And rank down tickets would be a great way to show real appreciation by kabam.