**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

R-O-G (Platinum 1, Rank 7) Kabamed by Matchmaking

I am the leader of R-O-G, currently rank 7 in Platinum 1, and my alliance was unable to find a third match in Alliance Wars after searching for 1 hour and 42 minutes before matchmaking was disabled at 7 pm PDT. We searched immediately after our last alliance war ended and had ample time to find a third match, but the matchmaking system is flawed and did not match us. This is extremely unfair for us and will jeopardize our opportunity at reaching Master bracket since we will lose out on over 1 million points from not getting a third war. Once other alliances finish their third war, we’ll drop to the bottom of Platinum 2. Welp we’ve been Kabamed!

oqaf0zf0e70q.png
b1qflmphnyz8.png

Comments

• XyxChromeoXyxChromeo Posts: 2
    This is a shameful technical error on Kabams part and their generic nonsensical responses about these issues are a clear demonstration of how little they care for the time and money spent by their player base to keep the contest equitable!

We also had the same issue with matchmaking as a rank 11 Masters Alliance D69 and have gotten nothing but auto responses from Kabam.

Whereas if there is an error on Kabams part that might benefit their player base they immediately put up emergency maintenance to address the issue! If you care so little for our patronage we will extend you the same courtesy. @kabam miike etc.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    Well since it’s such a terrible problem that only affects a few alliances I can personally assure you that based on previous similar situations kabam will sort this out for you.
  • SligSlig Posts: 326 ★★
    No they won’t.
  • Str8flushStr8flush Posts: 2
    edited May 2018
    The same thing hapened last season to some of the big name alliances and they were compensated by being given the points that they were missing. However in this case they are telling us that there is nothing to be done. Why is it that some allys get compensated while others do not. The precedent has already been set in season 1. Our hopes of making Master tier have been destroyed by the failure to find a match. Platinum 1 may no longer even be a possibility. It just doesn’t seem fair to get one less war than everyone else due to an error on their matchmaking system. They can easily look at our last 10 wars and come up with an average point total then award us that amount. We will still be missing the individual war rewards but at least that’s something..
    Thanks
  • MaybeThisIsNotMeMaybeThisIsNotMe Posts: 141
    If AW seasons are supposed to be a fair contest then Kabam should correct this. It’s not like the search was started late. It was started 1:45mn before the lock down. That should be more than enough to match. 1 million points is a huge amount of point to lose out because of a flawed system
  • SligSlig Posts: 326 ★★
    There’s a huge difference between what they should do and what they will do.
  • AWfocusedAWfocused Posts: 131
    Emailed Kabam. So far they’ve struck down a few of my peers with automated responses.
  • NevvBNevvB Posts: 287 ★★★
    Same happened to us last season. Pretty much told us it was our fault for not starting war asap.
  • KyrieRedKyrieRed Posts: 287 ★★
    Cry me a river
  • The_WafflerThe_Waffler Posts: 3
    Stinks that this happened, but they made an adjustment for ONE alliance last season. My alliance I was in had the same issue we ended up missing plat 1 and the team fractured. So I wouldn’t expect anything from
    Kabam. As a take-away, for everyone reading, always start your search as soon as it opens. Don’t wait.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Change your alliance tag so Kabam thinks you’re the one alliance who deserves compensation?
  • shortpkershortpker Posts: 72
    Stinks that this happened, but they made an adjustment for ONE alliance last season. My alliance I was in had the same issue we ended up missing plat 1 and the team fractured. So I wouldn’t expect anything from
    Kabam. As a take-away, for everyone reading, always start your search as soon as it opens. Don’t wait.

We didn't wait. We started first war at 2pm. Each war it searched for over an hour. It's ridiculous
    shortpker wrote: »

We didn't wait. We started first war at 2pm. Each war it searched for over an hour. It's ridiculous

Even if each war took 2 hours to search, if you started searching when war starts, you should still have made the 3rd war.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    The biggest flaw with the AW season structure and the AW searching system is:
    Allowing alliances to choose when to start matchmaking.

Make it so all alliance wars start at a set time like AQ, say 11am PT (when matchmaking opens). Prior to that officers/leader can choose to opt-in / opt-out of the war. Kabam can change the time wars start if they want (like 11am, then 12pm, 1pm etc) or lessen the total time of wars to allow a period between AW for alliances to make personnel changes.

This would stop search manipulation, totally unfair matches, and late-night search misses. With much larger search pools to work with, the system can actually match the #1 alliance with the #2 alliance and so on. No alliance will be in the situation of missing searches because no match could be found. I understand that certain timezones might suffer from this change. But chances are they are starting war the same time everyone else is if they want the most season points. And if they’ve been able to adapt for AQ, they can adapt for AW (which AW takes less overall time/nodes to complete than AQ).
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    By this point everyone should be aware that the higher your war rating goes the longer matchmaking will take. This acts as sort of "assurance" in regards of matching super late to avoid finding equal opponents and get sorted with way lower tiered allies.

As ally you re nearly 3k rating. You have the opportunity to ista search every time war get paused every week. As platinum 1 fighting for masters starting search with barely 2 hrs left is a huge error, for which only you should be accounted responsible.

Everyone likes easier matches but that s the risk you take for them. Even if it was a casualty, again you re fighting for master. You should be in the search tab 5 minutes from matchmaking opening.
    NevvB wrote: »

Even if each war took 2 hours to search, if you started searching when war starts, you should still have made the 3rd war.

Doesn't always work. Several allys missed out this last war
    Vale84 wrote: »
    By this point everyone should be aware that the higher your war rating goes the longer matchmaking will take. This acts as sort of "assurance" in regards of matching super late to avoid finding equal opponents and get sorted with way lower tiered allies.

As ally you re nearly 3k rating. You have the opportunity to ista search every time war get paused every week. As platinum 1 fighting for masters starting search with barely 2 hrs left is a huge error, for which only you should be accounted responsible.

Everyone likes easier matches but that s the risk you take for them. Even if it was a casualty, again you re fighting for master. You should be in the search tab 5 minutes from matchmaking opening.

We weren't dodging anyone. We started as soon as war ended. Problem is each war is taking hours to find. Can't do anything about that.
    KyrieRed wrote: »
    Cry me a river

Constructive post. Kudos
    edited May 2018

Doesn't always work. Several allys missed out this last war

So you started war ~1-2 est when it always starts? If you started around that time you have 8-9 hour window of searching before matchmaking ends at 10est. The only way i see you missing if it takes a 3 hr+ search eveyday.

About 2 hours after. We will have to start at beginning due to rating now. And hopefully we match.
  • XyxChromeoXyxChromeo Posts: 2
    If there is a 2+hr delay to match the first war and a 2+hour delay to match for the second war then of course you’re starting matchmaking late on the 3rd.

The fact that their system can’t identify when two closely matched teams are searching at the same time shouldn’t disqualify teams from succeeding.

I Don’t understand what would be so difficult to ensure a set amount of wars fought each season...
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    They ought to just extend matchmaking provided you started the search before the shutdown. Easy fix.
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    If you where that alliance with multiple M’s & think have an X in it you’d get top 3 rewards for this bs! Something needs done, also nothing as changed pilot wise. Now everyone is just using VPN’s and or hiring individual mercs to run their paths. Ridiclous no one can play 30v30
  • ClintBeastwoodClintBeastwood Posts: 78
    My alliance is almost right next to you in season standings and our war rating is practically identical. Whats weird is we have never have matchmaking issues but, by reading this thread, its seeming like you have a pretty hefty delay in every matchmaking (about 2 hours each war). I wonder why that is?
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★

This isn't true.

We always have an officer set up to start war as soon as it opens on Wednesday. Matchmaking is started within 2 minutes of being available. It will take us an hour, often several hours, to get a match. Then we always start matchmaking immediately upon the end of a war...within 60 seconds. Despite this, our third war of the week wouldn't start until around 7-8pm EST, but we did get matched.

However, we didn't get our 3rd match on May 20th. It was the first miss all season and we moved WAY down in the rankings.

All that is to say that starting matchmaking immediately every time does not guarantee 3 wars per week.

• LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    They ought to just extend matchmaking provided you started the search before the shutdown. Easy fix.

Won’t work. Matchmaking ends at that time to make sure no wars are running during the weekly scheduled maintenance. If they extend it, people will be upset that maintenance occurred at the end of war.
  • edited May 2018
    I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the Matchmaking System. We are always working to improve it, but there is not absolute guarantee that you will be able to get all 3 Matches in during the week. To maximize your chances, you need to ensure that you start matchmaking as soon as it becomes available, and then again and again as soon as you can.

This is the way ensures that there is the largest possible pool of other Alliances to possibly be matched with. I know this isn't exactly the answer you wanted to hear, or the resolution, but unfortunately this is the case.

I've passed along your experience to the team so that they can keep this in mind when looking to improve the System further.
This discussion has been closed.