**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Iron-Man Infinity War has broken Alliance Wars...

TRETRE Posts: 66
Congratulations design team!!! You finally created a defender that will stop alliances from completing your Alliance War maps 100%. IMIW on node 38 has done it!!! BTW, more congrats on designing a 4* version that has no problem shutting down 5* R5 champions!!! Again, node 38.

Well played!

Comments

• Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Good if stark spidey can be the best offense character then iron man the guy who made the suits can be the best annoying defender. (Should be the other way around)
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,028 ★★★★★
    Next months EQ is IMIW in UC on node 38. Only node 38 for the entire quest for those complaining about him.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    @Demonzfyre
    How did you get that kind of information already?
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Clearly some people haven't tried fighting him with a simple armor break champ on node 38. I'm not saying he broke the game but I can't ever remember a champ that was this difficult right from the start. I'll figure out something to handle him though.
  • Options
    Marzipan87Marzipan87 Posts: 44
    you can kill him in two runs , if your good enough , with a 4* , in tier1
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,028 ★★★★★
    @Demonzfyre
    How did you get that kind of information already?
    I hope you are joking.....like I was clearly....
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Idk I sort of like this because it gives me an excuse to use the Inhuman synergy. All I need now is for BB to get some sort of buff. (Is kinda interesting the few champs they recommend against IMIW are the 3rd and 4th newest champs in the game that few have, and KM crystals popped up again).
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    https://youtu.be/RVr0EK5DAAQ You’re welcome
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »

Stand your ground can parry heavy attacks
  • Options
    MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314

Ok use that vs a 5/65 Iron man on AW with almost 120K health and u most likely will time out...
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    ^^^ Only up to 50% of the time depending on how many points they have in that mastery.
  • Options
    RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    ez fight, ez life.
  • Options
    Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    Use an armor break champ like you're supposed to and he's hard but not game breaking. Everyone is just salty that they can't run Stark Spidey, Blade and GR like they used to and still cake walk through it.

You have no clue what you talking about, Go take an L on node 38 for 3-4 wars, then come back.

Irony aside, before posting make sure you know what's going on.
  • Options
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Clearly some people haven't tried fighting him with a simple armor break champ on node 38. I'm not saying he broke the game but I can't ever remember a champ that was this difficult right from the start. I'll figure out something to handle him though.

The armor stack bugs out on 38 if he's the defender, hence armor breakers won't do jack there. untill and IF they fix the node itself.
  • Options

Stand your ground can parry heavy attacks

Again like in other posts you're litrally out of context, and clueless. The problem is not the char, but its interaction with node 38. you can easily destroy him in any duel but the war fight on that node is another world.

And again, stand your ground requires you to be blocking, can't activate if you heavy during the opponent's heavy animation.
  • Options
    Ronin916Ronin916 Posts: 85
    We'll all waste resources and possibly money on it for 2 months until Kabam releases a perfect counter to him for that node, causing people to spend hundreds of dollars going for that champ, and simultaneously pissing off the people who spent hundreds of dollars going for IMIW
  • Options
    ArcDeAngelusArcDeAngelus Posts: 209
    Oh no they created a defender that you just can't roll over with the trinity. He is not impossible just difficult, go in with a viable plan and you can still solo him. We only had to face one in a t2 war so far and that guy only lost once to it because he wasn't a fool who tried to bulldoze through him after the first time failed.
  • Options
    DaleManguDaleMangu Posts: 48
    He isn't hard at all with hyperion or corvius.
  • Options
    Vale84 wrote: »

Again like in other posts you're litrally out of context, and clueless. The problem is not the char, but its interaction with node 38. you can easily destroy him in any duel but the war fight on that node is another world.

And again, stand your ground requires you to be blocking, can't activate if you heavy during the opponent's heavy animation.

Some of my comments about how to counter IMIW on node 38 in tier 1-3 AW were way off. That being said, I remember Medusa auto-blocking/auto-parrying my Hyperion's heavy attack in arena when he landed the 1st hit of his heavy attack while she was stunned. The Medusa AI was not stunned for the 2nd-5th hits of Hyperion's heavy attack and had living strands active, it made me think of how Spider-Man and Nightcrawler can be hit by the 1st hit of multi-hit attacks while stunned and then evade later hits of the same attack. I can't re-check this like I did to find out Mordo and Morningstar don't work against node 38 IMIW because we can't assess other players' masteries.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Vale84 wrote: »

Some of my comments about how to counter IMIW on node 38 in tier 1-3 AW were way off. That being said, I remember Medusa auto-blocking/auto-parrying my Hyperion's heavy attack in arena when he landed the 1st hit of his heavy attack while she was stunned. The Medusa AI was not stunned for the 2nd-5th hits of Hyperion's heavy attack and had living strands active, it made me think of how Spider-Man and Nightcrawler can be hit by the 1st hit of multi-hit attacks while stunned and then evade later hits of the same attack. I can't re-check this like I did to find out Mordo and Morningstar don't work against node 38 IMIW because we can't assess other players' masteries.

MS has an unblockable L2 so his autoblock is irrelevent
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
  • Options

Was able to test this by dueling a 1/25 Hyperion with my 5/50 Medusa. I was wrong, great news because that means the heavy attack strategy against IMIW on node 38 always works.

danielmath wrote: »

Morningstar's sp2 does not remove passive buffs for extra damage. It would damage IMIW on node 38 but possibly not enough to KO him before time runs out.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★

Was able to test this by dueling a 1/25 Hyperion with my 5/50 Medusa. I was wrong, great news because that means the heavy attack strategy against IMIW on node 38 always works.

Morningstar's sp2 does not remove passive buffs for extra damage. It would damage IMIW on node 38 but possibly not enough to KO him before time runs out.

Dude, that node has explosive armor. Hit into his block 4 hits, SP2, get a ton of power back from MD and repeat. It's a joke fight with her.
  • Options
    CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    How about ronan? Can you stun chain him to death? The more buffs the enemy has the more attack and stun duration Ronan gets.
  • Options
    Dude, that node has explosive armor. Hit into his block 4 hits, SP2, get a ton of power back from MD and repeat. It's a joke fight with her.

IMIW activates auto-blocks with a 100% chance that parries when he has 4 armor buff of any kind. If you hit him while he blocked 4+ times you'd get auto-blocked/auto-parried. 66% armor counts as 1 armor buff, 4 blocked hits with explosive personality would give 4 armor buffs, which makes 5 armor buffs without counting IMIW's passive molecular armor buffs and node 38's "armor: regeneration" passive armor buffs.

Glad to see other players are thinking about how to counter node 38 IMIW instead of complaining the matchup is too hard. I had said in another thread that the hard part about using Morningstar would be getting 2 bars of power before the armor: regeneration node armor to the point where IMIW had 4+ armor buffs. An advanced power boost would help accomplish that.
  • Options
    FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Next months EQ is IMIW in UC on node 38. Only node 38 for the entire quest for those complaining about him.

Be careful what you wish for. Kbm may grant it.
  • Options
    PincheChingonPincheChingon Posts: 99
    Km+ WS Synergy grants true strike on intercept. Then just go ham. Then do the same on Medusa boss
This discussion has been closed.