**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Node 38 + IMIW =bugged A broken champ for a broken node.

Comments

• SeetheevilSeetheevil Posts: 66
    Riegel ahahaha

Today i met with him and now i am seeing dead IM IWs :)
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Does Medusa’s armor shatter work? I normally have her on defense and I can’t find someone with a IWIM duel that can withstand me using my L1 without killing him (like a 1/10 iwim)
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    edited May 2018

linux wrote: »
    Vale84 wrote: »
    I think @YoMoves is correct, aggression node provides buffs that can be only removed by hitting them, every buff has the same interaction.
    Like these buffs can be nullified by mystics
    They don't interact with MD
    Mephisto 's soul imprisonment doesn't stop it
    Magik's l3 doesn't work
    So yeah if you're not hitting him, his armors from the aggression node aren't going away.

Also please remember that modok was bugged when he was released and they took their own sweet time fixing it.

Again rather than speaking by theory (im armors are passive too and get removed by AB), you should rather see for yourself.

465uba6b946i.jpeg

w9dbvh6fxoaf.jpeg

That ia armor up from the node (every 2 seconds). The whole video has CG break all armors and easily smashing through ultron.

So no, armors from node arent unremovable and
    YES, armor break removes them

But not if iron man ia on the node.

Actually, on the left side it looks like there's a timer on the armor up. The Aggression: Armor buffs don't have timers, so I think that's Ultron's Armor -- not from the node. If you look at the screenshot you posted earlier with 22 armor breaks and 22 aggression: armor buffs, you can see there's no break in the light blue background for the latter -- if you look at the Ultron one, there's a break in the solid color to the left.

All of this isn't to say that node 38 isn't broken wrt IMIW -- but the real problem is that Aggression: Armor buffs are treated the same as molecular armor. (Well, I'd also say that the fact that a single stack of molecular armor triggers autoblock is also a problem, but if Aggression: Armor buffs didn't trigger that and if they didn't trigger power gain, at least he'd be less broken.)

That is the problem: the armor ups buffs mixes each other. Ultron triggers armor getting hit, doesnt start with it. The armr you see was the node one after 2 seconds (2:57 amof on timer). As for the buffs differences, i noticed they change too, but that counts for IM. SO i am as clueless as you on that.
  • PizzabeatPizzabeat Posts: 239 ★★
    @Hammerbro_64 try dueling “Fuelish”
  • Archit_Tandon498Archit_Tandon498 Posts: 325 ★★
    Vale84 wrote: »
    I think @YoMoves is correct, aggression node provides buffs that can be only removed by hitting them, every buff has the same interaction.
    Like these buffs can be nullified by mystics
    They don't interact with MD
    Mephisto 's soul imprisonment doesn't stop it
    Magik's l3 doesn't work
    So yeah if you're not hitting him, his armors from the aggression node aren't going away.

Also please remember that modok was bugged when he was released and they took their own sweet time fixing it.

Again rather than speaking by theory (im armors are passive too and get removed by AB), you should rather see for yourself.

465uba6b946i.jpeg

w9dbvh6fxoaf.jpeg

That ia armor up from the node (every 2 seconds). The whole video has CG break all armors and easily smashing through ultron.

So no, armors from node arent unremovable and
    YES, armor break removes them

But not if iron man ia on the node.

I think you converted the armors from explosive personality node and not the aggression Armor node here, unless you could provide the link to the video.
  • Romario26Romario26 Posts: 97
    Does Medusa’s armor shatter work? I normally have her on defense and I can’t find someone with a IWIM duel that can withstand me using my L1 without killing him (like a 1/10 iwim)

His armor is a passive so her armor break and armor shatter doesn’t work 😶
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Crossbones destroys Iron Man IW, I’ve heard the same about Proxima Midnight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJEgVwbxzCU

Couldn’t add this to my last comment
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    If he's not duped a duped Iron Fist works great. If IMIF is duped iron fist works until 15% then your toast.. Electra seems to have some possibilities. But from what I've seen there's definitely a weird interaction on 38, at least from the screenshots being posted. DT is also right Crossbones seems to work better than anything else I've tried. Proxima will work well if you can keep her true accuracy up.. easier said than done though.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    It’s got to be broken because I could armor break (yes the passives)up until he got to 15% and he had 4 stacks with armor shatter active. @DTMelodicMetal I’ll give that a shot in a minute
  • YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    Born wrote: »
    He is really easy to fight and counter, even on node 38. And you don’t need any specific champ, you can take him down with just about anyone. Some in particular make it much easier, and I’m not talking about champs with true strike or armour break either. It’s just a matter of figuring it out.

Care to share, then? How do you beat this IMIW WITHOUT timing out, in tier 1 node 38 with anyone? Because I argue that, without proof to the contrary, it simply can't be done. His specials have long animations and you cannot punish him out of them. That alone is very likely to force 4 passives up and thus make the autoblocking terror a reality.

So please. Tell us your ways.
    YoMoves wrote: »
    Care to share, then? How do you beat this IMIW WITHOUT timing out, in tier 1 node 38 with anyone? Because I argue that, without proof to the contrary, it simply can't be done. His specials have long animations and you cannot punish him out of them. That alone is very likely to force 4 passives up and thus make the autoblocking terror a reality.

Seeing is believing but my guess is 5* Crossbones, 5* Captain America IW, 5* Proxima Midnight, 5* & 6* Killmonger, 5* and 6* Karnak, 5* Elektra, and possibly a non-bugged 5* Corvus Glaive would work.
  • BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    He is really easy to fight and counter, even on node 38. And you don’t need any specific champ, you can take him down with just about anyone. Some in particular make it much easier, and I’m not talking about champs with true strike or armour break either. It’s just a matter of figuring it out.

I actually don’t care to share. We may or may not place him there ourselves. Don’t want y’all waking over our IM lol.
  • Romario26Romario26 Posts: 97
    edited May 2018

Seeing is believing but my guess is 5* Crossbones, 5* Captain America IW, 5* Proxima Midnight, 5* & 6* Killmonger, 5* and 6* Karnak, 5* Elektra, and possibly a non-bugged 5* Corvus Glaive would work.

Killmonger doesn’t work cause you can’t attack him after a special to get true strike, I doubt captain america will work too lol maybe Karnak 😂
  • notornotor Posts: 12
    I actually don’t care to share.

I agree with you. It can be done (has been done). You don't even require an armor break champ for that. You just need to think a bit and come up with a solution. Personally I hope many alliances are too lazy to learn it fast

• TempestTempest Posts: 295
    Yes, many people have already figured out how to beat him with any champ even on node 38.

Regarding the armor breaks and armor being removed on node 38, I wanted to discuss that..

In IMIW description, it says his molecular armor is UNIQUE, and it is removed by armor break.

However, the armor up provided by that node is NOT molecular armor. Therefore, an armor break would not remove the armor up provided by the node, only the one acquired by him hitting you or you hitting him.

I tested Corvus against an imiw duel target and it worked fine. His armor ups would be completely removed. But they were not removed when testing him against imiw on node 38 in AW.

I don't really understand why LOL Ultron armor ups would be removed by armor breaks. Anywhere in his description says it would be? Do you mind providing some screenshots or something like that? Thanks.
  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    Working as intended.
    do50e7mv60vd.jpeg
  • Vale84Vale84 Posts: 308 ★★★
    bump. this shouldnt go unnoticed.
    Romario26 wrote: »
    Killmonger doesn’t work cause you can’t attack him after a special to get true strike, I doubt captain america will work too lol maybe Karnak 😂

You're right. If players who place IMIW on node 38 don't have stand your ground many champs can solo him. If they do have stand your ground Hyperion and a duped Dr. Voodoo with an advanced power boost can still solo him.
  • TempestTempest Posts: 295
    @linux the node says one of the armor ups is removed every hit the defender receives. It's not because of the armor break. That may be what you're seeing.

If the armor ups provided by the node were molecular, one parry from Corvus would have removed them all.. But since they aren't, he's just removing them one per hit like everyone else, while still applying the armor breaks. He will remove all the molecular ones though.

So many people have now discovered ways to beat IMIW on node 38 (and with old champs) so I don't think this is really a problem anymore..
    Well with people figuring out Morningstar will do that he will start showing up on other nodes..lol... very cool interaction for that boney gal.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    Two things.

1. Thanks for the Morningstar video. I thought ms may be a good champ for that fight with her l2s.

2. That’s not tier 1-3 bc iron man isn’t getting the armor ups from aggression. However, as long as you are on point with your heavies, doesn’t matter.

3. Your ms is a 5* r4. I guess your ally doesn’t put her on defense?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    Two things.

1. Thanks for the Morningstar video. I thought ms may be a good champ for that fight with her l2s.

2. That’s not tier 1-3 bc iron man isn’t getting the armor ups from aggression. However, as long as you are on point with your heavies, doesn’t matter.

3. Your ms is a 5* r4. I guess your ally doesn’t put her on defense?

That's actually not my video, i just saw it. The armor ups don't do anything against the SP2 energy damage, he can have all the armor his little heart desires. Also, my MS is a 5/65, though i haven't used her against him (or on offense.....yet).
    That's 3..lol