**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

v18.1 Discussion Thread

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    @DNA3000 Actually Kabam Miike has stated that ranked down tickets are for character changes.

Yes he did. But he did not say that changes to champions actually justify rank down tickets. If he said that compensation packages were used to address unscheduled downtime, that would not mean all unscheduled downtime justifies compensation packages. The purpose of something and the threshold for justifying their use are two different things.

That statement doesn't contradict other statements made elsewhere that stated that rank down tickets would not be issued simply because a champion has changed, and that they were initially and continue to be a special case thing only, and likely rarely if ever given out.
  • RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    Hopefully there can be a RED DEADPOOL offer for 3* with an access to 4* red Deadpool arena.
  • Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    Rank down tickets for AA please. Make it champion specific.
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 183 ★★
    Can we get more info on the side missions? This sounds way too much like the valor missions that randomly started for your alliance. I really hope this isn't the case as those were awful.

That’s how it sounded to me also. Clarity would be appreciated
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Rank down tickets for AA please. Make it champion specific.

How many people are going to rank down their AA? Be serious. He's a god-tier champ without that one little side bonus of his stuns not being a debuff.

I'm not happy they're changing course on him, but I'm not surprised either.
  • SlappapowSlappapow Posts: 130
    Hey Everybody,

I'm sorry to report that a moderator gave you incorrect information when this was first reported. We know how important it is for us to be sure that we are giving you the most accurate information that we possibly can.

This was a bug, and although it was a long standing one, it doesn't mean that we didn't have to fix it. Archangel’s Stun was not acting like every other stun in the game.

The issue with having a Stun that does not act like a debuff is that it was causing a lot of problems, and with more new content and modes being added, this was becoming a bigger and bigger problem. Archangel was not only able to bypass Stun Immune nodes, but his stun would bypass other Champions abilities, like Agent Venom's Tenacity or Black Panther (Civil War)'s Reflect Stun, as well as not interact with Masteries like Willpower.

With this interaction becoming more and more prevalent in different game modes, we started seeing more of these problems come up, and this bug was one that became more of a priority.

We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

Technically, Archangel's stun should bypass Black Panther (Civil War)Z's reflect stun because it isn't a stun that triggers on contact.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    A lot of valid points have been raised in regards to AA and I sincerely hope Kabam considers them. I do agree that the issuance of RDTs might be an overkill since AA is technically not severely affected but giving players the option to rank him down specifically would really be appreciated.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,623 ★★★★★
    Changes to champs that are not an exploitable bug should be made public now for the change to take effect next month.

People rank champs for many reasons, I'm not saying AA is ruined by this change but clearly there will be some who make decisions based on areas of the contest they need the champ in.

Someone who ranked last week based on the ability to stun where no other champs can can rightly feel aggrieved, especially since incorrect information was already supplied by a member of staff no less, about this particular "bug" and that is was working as intended almost 6 months ago.

There should be NO changes to the way a champ operates unless the individual has had the opportunity to decide whether that change reduces the value of that champ and are able to make rank up decisions accordingly.

In the case of the dorm change, to me an instant change is acceptable due to that being exploitable across the entire contest regardless of circumstance.

Archangel is nerfed and what makes it worse than any other champ change is that Kabam were informed and responded contrary to what is being done now.

• phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,623 ★★★★★
    Edit to add a comma, post pending approval.

Looking after the big picture, kudos.