**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Can people please calm down about the changes to Dormammu and Archangel?

BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
People seem really pissed about this. AA’s Neurotoxin stunning un-stunable enemies was a bug that needed to be fixed. Dorm being able to spam heavies to win was an exploit (a REAL exploit, not like the revive thing) which has now been fixed. Coming from someone who uses both of the characters, please calm down.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Can’t bw do the same thing with an sp3? I remember she used to be able to stun with it
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    It is not constructive to point out if past comments by mods where not accurate. Let’s please focus on positives......

It's central to the current topic of whether or not a rank down ticket is appropriate.

Believe that was sarcasm ;)
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    I wasn’t aware that AA’s stun wasn’t a bug, but I’m glad they changed it in that case (again, coming from someone who’s uses him). Being able to stun an enemy who’s immune to stun is kind of stupid.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,424 ★★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    It is not constructive to point out if past comments by mods where not accurate. Let’s please focus on positives......

*were
  • AlexanderpspAlexanderpsp Posts: 150
    I have AA and love it , I will see what s happening after June 4 , but 100% people that asking for rank down tickets will not rank down AA :wink: , it will be cool if they really get rank down tickets these guys should be obligated to rank him down and not be able to rank him back up till they are ranking 4 another 2 champs . In this situation they will use their t2 alpha and have to work hard to get another 4 to rank him up ahahhah
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    edited May 2018
    The change isn’t crippling to AA, but it does make you wonder which champs that are “working as intended” today will be nerfed under the guise of a bug fix in the future. That said, this game is my favorite beta test ever.
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »
    We were told it wasn't a bug and made rank up decisions based upon what we were told.

Now we're told it was a bug and they've removed the ability.

That's fine, but everyone who ranked up AA for this specific utility and was misinformed by the staff here clearly deserves access to a rank down ticket. AA is still pretty good but I don't really want mine at r4 anymore after this change. I'm not sure I would've ever sunk t2a into him without this ability. Since the stafff gave incorrect information to the player base and the player base then made rank up decisions based upon this incorrect information, this is a clear cut case of a situation that merits a rank down ticket.

You don't want him at rank 4 because you now realize he's a niche champ and not worth the t2a, don't lie and say it's because of this change
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    Nope what I’m most concerned about is them changing or giving the wrong information. People make mistakes, but they’ve clearly known this was an issue for a while seeing as they’ve fixed it. Not once did they ever come out and correct that post or notify people that it was an issue they were looking at. Not saying they will, but it sets the precedent that they could do this with anything else anytime they want. That’s my concern
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    Bahamut wrote: »
    Being able to stun an enemy who’s immune to stun is kind of stupid.

now, back to the original topic, let me offer a new point of view:
    one reason why people might be angry is because kabam choose to spend time/effort/resources on fixing these bugs instead of spending said time/effort/resources into fixing bugs that hinder us and/or otherwise are more important and should be higher on the priority list

I do agree with that. But I find it ridiculous that people are asking for AA specific rank down tickets because he’s got the same limitations as everyone else who can stun.
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    Sn1pes130 wrote: »
    Nope what I’m most concerned about is them changing or giving the wrong information. People make mistakes, but they’ve clearly known this was an issue for a while seeing as they’ve fixed it. Not once did they ever come out and correct that post or notify people that it was an issue they were looking at. Not saying they will, but it sets the precedent that they could do this with anything else anytime they want. That’s my concern

Addressed Miike directly in the update thread and voiced this exact same opinion. It's a very dangerous precedent that can only be bad for the players. No answer as of yet.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★

How long you been playing this game? Cause them giving wrong info or changing a champ happens a good bit. People are really trying hard to make this much more then it is.
  • Sn1pes130Sn1pes130 Posts: 82
    DL864 wrote: »

How long you been playing this game? Cause them giving wrong info or changing a champ happens a good bit. People are really trying hard to make this much more then it is.

Feel free to look me up in game to find out, in game name is the same. As I said earlier mistakes happen, however I feel they could’ve done a much better job with this and this sets a bad precedent. You have the right to disagree tho if you really think this is no big deal
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    People are really trying hard to make this much more then it is.
    to be fair, this isn't exactly something small

Yes it is. It’s very small
  • nopenope Posts: 134

You have an example of a full 180 on a specific matter such as this? 1 mod says working as intended, no other updates or discussions, then... Surprise! "sucks for you but the exact opposite of what we told you is now true"
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Oh right, so because they spread misinformation often it’s fine every time they do it? Just shrug and say “oh well this happens a good bit.”