Should we get a rank down ticket for AA change

2

Comments

  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    People are just voting yes because they WANT a rank down ticket in general not becisse they’d use it for aa... they’ll say they deserve one for aa and then they’ll use t on someone else. I’d love to see how many people want the rank down gem if its locked only for use on aa and nobody else.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 1,983 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    People seem to be understating just how useful an expiring neuro and stun is in certain areas of the game.

    Just because some feel it is a minor change, it is still a change and it changed in a way that devalues AA, of that there can be no argument and to me it fits the very definition of RDT worthy.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 1,983 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    I'd take an AA specific RDT but I doubt it will happen and even if it does it will likely have an expiry placed on it which doesn't actually allow us to evaluate the change against new content.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,031 ★★★★★
    Miike also said rank down tickets would be given out when champs get changed, right?

    No. That statement would imply a never-ending supply of them because changes to Champs are not only necessary from time to time, they're part of an ongoing process of improvement. They said the Tickets were intended for major changes to how Champs function. Not that they would be given with any change. Major being the operative word. As in the same caliber as we saw with 12.0.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    my AA is r4 5*, yes I would like a rank down ticket.

    why? they said months ago AA was working as intended...what if blade is suddenly nerf because kabam suddenly wants to say he was bugged from the start?

  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    @GroundedWisdom I wouldn't say no one psylocke sp3 does. Also a mod clearly answered that question stating as intended. An aa specific ticket is warranted because of the length of time between that response and supposed correction. In saying that even if they gave me one I wouldn't use it but I can't speak for everyone as you state multiple times you have to choose who to use your resources wisely. How can you do that when kabam changes things after giving you an answer that they later say was wrong. Already ranked the champ can't go back.
  • Hollywood_Hollywood_ Posts: 70
    Rank down ticket only gives back tier 4 basic, tier 2 alpha and mutant T4CC, so Not just demanding rank down ticket, I also want back my 80 5*generic signature stones and 26 5* mutant sig stones + 4* generic awakening gem and 18 4* mutant sig stones and all gold which I used to rank him up. Which I used on both 4* and 5* AA.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,031 ★★★★★
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom I wouldn't say no one psylocke sp3 does. Also a mod clearly answered that question stating as intended. An aa specific ticket is warranted because of the length of time between that response and supposed correction. In saying that even if they gave me one I wouldn't use it but I can't speak for everyone as you state multiple times you have to choose who to use your resources wisely. How can you do that when kabam changes things after giving you an answer that they later say was wrong. Already ranked the champ can't go back.

    The length of time really has nothing to do with the nature of the fix itself.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    Hollywood_ wrote: »
    Rank down ticket only gives back tier 4 basic, tier 2 alpha and mutant T4CC, so Not just demanding rank down ticket, I also want back my 80 5*generic signature stones and 26 5* mutant sig stones + 4* generic awakening gem and 18 4* mutant sig stones and all gold which I used to rank him up. Which I used on both 4* and 5* AA.

    and I rank 4 my 5*
    those t2 alpha are rarest and most sought after material right now in the game next to t5b.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    Wil6541 wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom I wouldn't say no one psylocke sp3 does. Also a mod clearly answered that question stating as intended. An aa specific ticket is warranted because of the length of time between that response and supposed correction. In saying that even if they gave me one I wouldn't use it but I can't speak for everyone as you state multiple times you have to choose who to use your resources wisely. How can you do that when kabam changes things after giving you an answer that they later say was wrong. Already ranked the champ can't go back.

    The length of time really has nothing to do with the nature of the fix itself.

    Well, you're correct when you say that, but that isn't what the point of the post was - I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume that you're just being contrary, rather than being wilfully pig-headed.
    The length of time between Kabam stating that AA is 'working as intended' and the announcement that AA is bugged and will be fixed was over four months - four months in which countless players ranked him up, probably because he's a great champ, but also possibly because he has a guaranteed stun on stun immune bosses.
    Which made him VERY worthy of a rank up because it was a UNIQUE ABILITY that Kabam said was WORKING AS INTENDED.
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Only an AA specific one. Not a generic
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 141 ★★
    All right guys, don't get caught up in a nasty argument without end or this thread will be derailed. We're not here to argue with each other, we're here to put our point of view across to Kabam.

    Yes, there should be a rank down ticket. If possible it should be made specific to Archangel.

    More than that, there should be a statement on steps that will be taken to avoid this situation in future. A very simple one would be to have a consolidated list of bugs in the "Bugs and Known Issues" pinned to the top. This list would be the official list of bugs that haven't been fixed yet. So, for example, "Stark Spidey cannot block following an evade" could hang around for 7 months through 7 versions but that's fine, at least people who rank Agent Venom up to kill Stark Spideys on AW defence know that they are exploiting a bug that will be fixed at some point.
  • Wil6541Wil6541 Posts: 273
    @GroundedWisdom the length has everything to do with it. If they corrected that statement the same day, or a week heck even 1 month I would accept it, but that amount of time it is just a Nerf nothing more and it's being covered up. Real reason that isn't kabam stance is the kettle of fish it opens. They admit they changed the champ if you are one of the people that want to rank him down so they have to give sig stones and awaken as well. Specially if you spent cash for that feature. Better to say mistaken than Nerf.
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Appleisgod wrote: »
    Only an AA specific one. Not a generic

    Make it mutant. I’mreferring to you, Gambit. Yes, you
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 4,128 ★★★★★
    I think, no. Here are my thoughts:

    1. First of all, the major issue here is that Kabam gave wrong information on this forum and just shrugged and moved on. To me that is really the only problem in this whole issue.

    2. The usefulness of Archangel has been diminished by the introduction of Void and Blade. I know people who want to rank him down now after using him in his era of dominance. I think that is the essential problem of rank down tickets that it advantages some people far more than others.

    3. The core mechanics of AA remains the same. If this wasn't incorrectly confirmed by a mod, it was an obvious bug.


  • IOSJasoNIOSJasoN Posts: 508 ★★
    Hollywood_ wrote: »
    Rank down ticket only gives back tier 4 basic, tier 2 alpha and mutant T4CC, so Not just demanding rank down ticket, I also want back my 80 5*generic signature stones and 26 5* mutant sig stones + 4* generic awakening gem and 18 4* mutant sig stones and all gold which I used to rank him up. Which I used on both 4* and 5* AA.

    And here in lies one of the major problems.. If rank down tickets are given it opens the door to players requesting their awakening gem and sig stones back.. (Something I've never seen them give back.. I could be wrong)
    This could be the reason their dead set against issuing rank down tickets and refusing to except any blame for the mistake their employee made..
  • FingfangfoomfanesFingfangfoomfanes Posts: 1,102 ★★★
    Thats what kabam is notorious for. You wont be suprised if imiw is nerfed the year after infinity war is over and marvel is at phase 5 already.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,031 ★★★★★
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    Miike also said rank down tickets would be given out when champs get changed, right?

    No. That statement would imply a never-ending supply of them because changes to Champs are not only necessary from time to time, they're part of an ongoing process of improvement. They said the Tickets were intended for major changes to how Champs function. Not that they would be given with any change. Major being the operative word. As in the same caliber as we saw with 12.0.

    Have to disagree..if9bs2f1lpik.png

    I see no mention of the word "Major" or reference to the exclusion of long standing "bug" fixes.. Maybe that was all mentioned in another thread (like Wolf stating it was working as intended)
    This change doesn't affect me (not having the champion) but it affects thoughs that do and they should be at least given the option to rank down..
    Even if the players except this is and always has been a bug that would mean a faulty product was introduced and sold to customers.. This is a business why wouldn't the consumer have a return warranty..

    There have been many responses to the requests for Tickets. The word major has been used many times. Typically in response to the endless requests for Tickets that have many different reasons behind them. There is a difference between explaining why they came about and guaranteeing they would come with every change. I've been around since their inception, and I know what they were intended for. It's not for every change to a Champ. They would only consider giving them with significant, fundamental, intended changes to Champs. We haven't seen any that would qualify since 12.0.
  • MikeHockMikeHock Posts: 1,746 ★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I think, no. Here are my thoughts:

    1. First of all, the major issue here is that Kabam gave wrong information on this forum and just shrugged and moved on. To me that is really the only problem in this whole issue.

    2. The usefulness of Archangel has been diminished by the introduction of Void and Blade. I know people who want to rank him down now after using him in his era of dominance. I think that is the essential problem of rank down tickets that it advantages some people far more than others.

    3. The core mechanics of AA remains the same. If this wasn't incorrectly confirmed by a mod, it was an obvious bug.


    RE #1

    Disagree. AA was released March 2, 2017. It's been 15 months since his release and they're just now realizing he's not working right? There are lots of major issues with the nerf; like them trying to sneak it into an update and giving us 5 days notice..... not just that gave us the wrong info a few months back.

    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-archangel/

  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    IOSJasoN wrote: »
    Miike also said rank down tickets would be given out when champs get changed, right?

    No. That statement would imply a never-ending supply of them because changes to Champs are not only necessary from time to time, they're part of an ongoing process of improvement. They said the Tickets were intended for major changes to how Champs function. Not that they would be given with any change. Major being the operative word. As in the same caliber as we saw with 12.0.

    Have to disagree..if9bs2f1lpik.png

    I see no mention of the word "Major" or reference to the exclusion of long standing "bug" fixes.. Maybe that was all mentioned in another thread (like Wolf stating it was working as intended)
    This change doesn't affect me (not having the champion) but it affects thoughs that do and they should be at least given the option to rank down..
    Even if the players except this is and always has been a bug that would mean a faulty product was introduced and sold to customers.. This is a business why wouldn't the consumer have a return warranty..

    They would only consider giving them with significant, fundamental, intended changes to Champs. We haven't seen any that would qualify since 12.0.

    1. If they only consider giving them for changes then tell me again why we got some at Christmas?
    2. This change is significant AND fundamental. He is the ONLY champ that can do this and they are going to change it AFTER saying it was intended. This AA situation ticks ALL of the previously stated boxes as to why Kabam would give out a champion-specific RDT. All of them.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 24,031 ★★★★★
    They gave them ONCE at Christmas, as a gift. Probably because they wanted to do something nice for people because they never stop asking for them.
    As for significant and fundamental, it's been clarified that he shouldn't be doing it, so it's a fix. Significant and fundamental would alter him in a large way. That is not the main functionality of AA.
  • jojodeth101jojodeth101 Posts: 480
    I totally agree we should have the choice. Based on our decision to rank him up at the time

    was that Kabam's fault?
  • nopenope Posts: 134
    You won't change a contrarian's wrong opinion with facts. Just let them be wrong. It's their right.

    Fact is, (almost) everyone here knows this AA situation is ridiculously shady. The way it was communicated to us was terrible and the mod silence after just makes it worse. But USUALLY the silence seems to mean the company is deciding on their plan. So this might be a good thing.

    You simply can't create a champ, be questioned about abilities, clearly state in a public forum that ability is intended and working properly, then say that exact ability is a bug after allowing customers to invest extremely rare resources in the champ for this many months. NOT TO MENTION THE FGMC CRYSTAL. It's extremely likely they were in the middle of this so-called fix while the fgmc was available. So whatever harsh language you're using to describe them is completely appropriate.

    So let's make sure we're clear on what resources the player has used when they took kabam at their word that his abilities were all working as intended... Because some players haven't gotten to a place where they can r4/r5 a 5* yet and some of us that have may have forgotten the time/effort/resources that went into theirs... Attached is a pic of the rank costs in gold/iso/cats for a 5* Champion (credit to MumMe).

    And if you've used an awakening gem and/or signature stones on this champ, the overall cost skyrockets... But since that's different for each player... I'd suggest those players post the amount of signature stones they've used on him and what type of awakening gem. Also let us know which content you grinded out for your awakening gem. Let's see what the true total cost was for you. Tell us how many units you spent on the fgmc too. It will be helpful to see the overall picture. x4y4eef7g4rk.png
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,396 ★★★★
    MikeHock wrote: »
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    I think, no. Here are my thoughts:

    1. First of all, the major issue here is that Kabam gave wrong information on this forum and just shrugged and moved on. To me that is really the only problem in this whole issue.

    2. The usefulness of Archangel has been diminished by the introduction of Void and Blade. I know people who want to rank him down now after using him in his era of dominance. I think that is the essential problem of rank down tickets that it advantages some people far more than others.

    3. The core mechanics of AA remains the same. If this wasn't incorrectly confirmed by a mod, it was an obvious bug.


    RE #1

    Disagree. AA was released March 2, 2017. It's been 15 months since his release and they're just now realizing he's not working right? There are lots of major issues with the nerf; like them trying to sneak it into an update and giving us 5 days notice..... not just that gave us the wrong info a few months back.

    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-archangel/


    took them 15months to fix a champion that was already amazing to get a nerf.

    Yet we are sitting with champion pool that is NO longer useful to the meta
    (champs not worthy to be r4, like why would u r4 venom,carnage etc over a medusa, UNLESS you love that character)

    yet maybe it will take them 15 months after the release of carnage,since they released him not as intended to be SO BAD...(kabam even said they nerfed him because he was to strong before his release)
  • I totally agree we should have the choice. Based on our decision to rank him up at the time

    was that Kabam's fault?

    Yes because what he’s been able to do as a passive ability is now gunna be a debuff when it clearly states it won’t act as a debuff or poison I think that is changing the character . Put aside bypassing stun immune - but I feel yes they are changing the character might not be huge but is still being changed
Sign In or Register to comment.