**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

AA and Maggie 'nerfs' make perfectly good sense!

FOR ONCE, the so-called 'nerfs' make excellent sense. Yes, you may legitimately be upset that you have received information previously that everything was working as intended and that it was not a bug, but as such the adjustments are great, make for more balanced champs, and are entirely logical. As to the latter, here is why:

That AA can no longer, and should not, be able to inflict his stun upon a stun immune enemy is entirely logical for that has nothing to do with AA's attributes (and hence does not constitute a '100% ability reduction of his stun ability), but rather with the attributes of the other champion, whether conferred by a node or not. If the champion you face is simply unable to be stunned, it does not matter how much you can stun, because it has nothing to do with you. It is that simple.

As to the outrage over the alleged Maggie nerf, pause and think about it. A continuous, de facto permanent, power lock? That is almost as ludicruous as a permanent stun lock. What's more, it makes perfectly good sense that your 100% chance to power steal 33% power cannot operate if the opponent has no power. You cannot take what does not exist. It is as simple as that.

Let's hope logic is applied to Mr. Unagi too within the near future, because, whilst it makes sense that danger sense reduces incoming damage or sometimes even permits you to escape it entirely, there is no logical explanation as to why something that reinforces Mr. Unagi's ability to detect danger should prevent the activation of other champions' abilities. Oh.. and btw.. Maggie? Not a dimensional being. Just sayin'.

Comments

• charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    AA was also mentioned in patch notes,The fact that Magiks change isn't announced in patch notes,Effectively a 'silent nerf' infuriates the lot of us.
    edited June 2018
    PS it seems Blade is already Nerfed.THANKS
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    So when is Quake getting fixed? And Voodoo? Oh wait, that's right. Leave them broken, cause they are actually costing us revives and potions when they don't work properly.
  • Thestoryteller6Thestoryteller6 Posts: 153 ★★
    You've missed the point entirely. It's the way the nerfs were done that angers people. People have spent real money and time upgrading these characters. Suddenly they're changed quickly and quietly. No communication, no refunds. It's like investing in a country and then overnight the government rewrites the rules and seizes your assets. Of course everyone is angry.

It happened with 12.0 as well. Everyone agrees that the god tier champs were overpowered. But suddenly nerfing them right after selling rank up packages for real money was what made people really angry.
  • SSofLimboSSofLimbo Posts: 148
    Could the people who are basically saying this is a illogical ability/ bug fix so get over it, please tell us who their favourite or best champions are so we can point out their illogical abilities/bugs that needs to be fixed asap.

No? Didn't think so.
  • Losspik wrote: »
    Ok so you clearly do not have a high level AA or havnt tried to use him in LOL, I personally have a 5/65 AA which I took up specifically for LOL, with his stun as a passive you could get off guaranteed 1.5 sec stuns when the neurotoxins expired without effecting limber. This was confirmed to NOT be a bug in the forums in January as such I ranked him up to help me clear LOL.

I tried him after updating last night, with his stun lo longer being passive it counts as a stun to limber effectively lessing the amount of parries you can get in a fight & making him considerably less useful for the end game content I ranked him up for.

Understand the problem before saying our concerns are meaningless.

Did I bawl like a baby because my Maggie got nerfed? Nope. You are just crying your eyes out because you can no longer use an ability that never made sense. 😂
  • zeezee57 wrote: »
    All due respect, just because something makes sense or doesn't to you doesn't make you correct. AA overcoming stun immune under specific circumstances is a unique ability, making him special in that specific way. You still have to fight well and apply the neurotoxin to inflict the stun. Blades danger sense ability, while admittedly seems overpowered at times, is what makes him unique and desired. The same way Crossbones has his unique ability to overcome nodes like safeguard and inflict regular damage where the node says you can't.

Erasing the very few unique ways to overcome specific nodes and abilities is stupid and essentially makes every champion equally qualified for all content, thus eliminating the desire for new and different champs due to the areas they specifically excel. Why are we stripping unique abilities away from champs who have been in the contest for some time now, that more players actually have, while stacking new champs with awesome abilities that the vast majority of players can't use?

IW Iron Man has insane defensive abilities no one else has, IW Cap does monster damage, has glancing like Antman to lower incoming damage and blocks like WW2 Cap all but eliminating block damage. Killmonger has reverb, true strike, unstoppable and indestructible charges and gains power at a crazy rate, and the list goes on. Don't worry though, once more players have these champs we'll see them stripped down like AA and Magik and like you want for Blade while the new batch we need to spend to get come with new overpowered abilities and the cycle continues.

TLDR enough with stripping away champs abilities and stacking new champs we have to pay for.

In fact, reading the ability description and understanding the ordinary meaning of the words utilised makes me clearly right, so yes, because it makes sense it does make me right. 🤣😂
  • MannysmokerMannysmoker Posts: 314
    To be honest I only clicked for the Maggie title
  • You've missed the point entirely. It's the way the nerfs were done that angers people. People have spent real money and time upgrading these characters. Suddenly they're changed quickly and quietly. No communication, no refunds. It's like investing in a country and then overnight the government rewrites the rules and seizes your assets. Of course everyone is angry.

It happened with 12.0 as well. Everyone agrees that the god tier champs were overpowered. But suddenly nerfing them right after selling rank up packages for real money was what made people really angry.

Actually, if you go back and read the first paragraph of my post, you can see that I concede THAT point, i.e. that you may legitimately be upset because you have been misled or because the nerf was silent.
  • V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Nicknames are supposed to make long names shorter. I was trying to figure out who Maggie was and you actually made a short name longer for absolutely no reason.

Actually, there is no such rule, but even if there had been, so what? Sue me then.
  • MjolinarMjolinar Posts: 157 ★★
    I notice the pro-change people have their threads continue while those that oppose hidden changes get theirs deleted immediately. How transparent of the mods...
  • NDK13NDK13 Posts: 620 ★★
    @Lord_Grallähnstein your entire argument is flawed. AA was nerfed even after his ability was told to the community as working as intended.
  • AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    Nicknames are supposed to make long names shorter. I was trying to figure out who Maggie was and you actually made a short name longer for absolutely no reason.

This. Maggie is probably the dumbest/worst nickname that anyone has come up with for a character in this game. Thankfully, no one except the OP currently/will ever call her that.
  • PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 363 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Love kabam gang bangers.

How kabam as a company has treated everyone is completely wrong.

Silent nerfs, going back on what a face of the company said just so they don't have to give RDT is disgusting.
  • DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    AA’s stun ability does not read as passive but that is how it worked, and was confirmed to work. So it did make sense that it would bypass a stun immune node. Drom’s info does not state his degen is passive but that’s how it works. There are many nodes that can be bypassed, safeguard and masochism just to name two, so there is no real logic to say he shouldn’t be able to stun a stun immune champ. I have no problem with this change other then the communication on Kabams part. We try to use some kind of common sense based on what info we have and what other champs can do. When something new comes around that doesn’t follow what is “normal” we ask questions. With the way this was handled we can’t exactly trust the answers we get
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    Losspik wrote: »
    Ok so you clearly do not have a high level AA or havnt tried to use him in LOL, I personally have a 5/65 AA which I took up specifically for LOL, with his stun as a passive you could get off guaranteed 1.5 sec stuns when the neurotoxins expired without effecting limber. This was confirmed to NOT be a bug in the forums in January as such I ranked him up to help me clear LOL.

I tried him after updating last night, with his stun lo longer being passive it counts as a stun to limber effectively lessing the amount of parries you can get in a fight & making him considerably less useful for the end game content I ranked him up for.

Understand the problem before saying our concerns are meaningless.

Upvote to this guy i dont have but am very close to take mine r4, people should think 2wice before they talk about logic
    This game is made by kabam and if even by mistake they give wrong info, thats ok it sometimes happen but people like losspik who suffered due to companys mistake are not supposed to be liable to suffer them.
  • TaxTax Posts: 105
    I thought Maggie was Magneto. That would have at least made sense. I was curious to see how Magento was nerfed. He already sucks so bad I didn't think it was possible.
  • RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,440 ★★★★
    OneManArmy wrote: »
    FOR ONCE, the so-called 'nerfs' make excellent sense. Yes, you may legitimately be upset that you have received information previously that everything was working as intended and that it was not a bug, but as such the adjustments are great, make for more balanced champs, and are entirely logical. As to the latter, here is why:

That AA can no longer, and should not, be able to inflict his stun upon a stun immune enemy is entirely logical for that has nothing to do with AA's attributes (and hence does not constitute a '100% ability reduction of his stun ability), but rather with the attributes of the other champion, whether conferred by a node or not. If the champion you face is simply unable to be stunned, it does not matter how much you can stun, because it has nothing to do with you. It is that simple.

As to the outrage over the alleged Maggie nerf, pause and think about it. A continuous, de facto permanent, power lock? That is almost as ludicruous as a permanent stun lock. What's more, it makes perfectly good sense that your 100% chance to power steal 33% power cannot operate if the opponent has no power. You cannot take what does not exist. It is as simple as that.

Let's hope logic is applied to Mr. Unagi too within the near future, because, whilst it makes sense that danger sense reduces incoming damage or sometimes even permits you to escape it entirely, there is no logical explanation as to why something that reinforces Mr. Unagi's ability to detect danger should prevent the activation of other champions' abilities. Oh.. and btw.. Maggie? Not a dimensional being. Just sayin'.

Who the f is "Mr unagi"?

AKA Blade
    OneManArmy wrote: »

Who the f is "Mr unagi"?

It's what the OP calls Blade,Also made a post on him,Gonna kill the whales lol
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    AA was also mentioned in patch notes,The fact that Magiks change isn't announced in patch notes,Effectively a 'silent nerf' infuriates the lot of us.

A silent nerf doesn't constitute a fix. It's been known for some time. AA was believed to be working as intended, which would constitute including it in the notes.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Everyone talking about Magik being nerfed, but she's acting the same for me, still...
This discussion has been closed.