**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Account sharing

When you guys are making blanket statements saying account sharing is cheating, what statements are being made regarding the adults that play this game and have a life? In any alliance of worth, they can't afford even a few days without everyone being at 100%, let alone someone being gone a week on family vacation. How do you expect to keep loyal, paying players when they get booted from alliances all the time so there's "non-piloted" coverage?

Comments

• Options
    ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Once Kabam fixes ALL of the bugs within the game then account sharing can be the main focus

uhh no? There will always be bugs in the game. That's just the reality of games these days.

And there are many people willing to compete right now so kabam should do everything they can to stop cheating.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    It's cheating because the game is meant to be played fairly, within the capabilities of one person per Account. When you have more than one running one Account, you have people earning Rewards unfairly, while others are playing fairly. It is cheating.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Mdntpny23 wrote: »
    When you guys are making blanket statements saying account sharing is cheating, what statements are being made regarding the adults that play this game and have a life?
    I'm still missing the point of how this is cheating.

Kabam doesn't say account sharing is cheating. Kabam says account sharing is prohibited.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I'm still missing the point of how this is cheating. Champs aren't any stronger just the person's ability using them. Sounds like people are mad because they aren't great fighters. Do the work, put in the time and learning the AI patterns and your skill can be the same as someone else. Quit whining because you can't hack it in a place where someone is better. The best aspect is getting to play with champs you don't have. Why would I try for a champ that I don't see a use for? Use that champ and like it, them maybe grind for it.

I am confused it is cheating because people don't rely on their own skill they rely on others
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    It's cheating because the game is meant to be played fairly, within the capabilities of one person per Account. When you have more than one running one Account, you have people earning Rewards unfairly, while others are playing fairly. It is cheating.

Thai statement literally makes no sense.
  • Options
    Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    Run477 wrote: »

It makes perfect sense
  • Options
    DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

I know Grounded sometimes puts words together in odd ways, but I'm pretty sure that language is still English.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    OP. Just don’t do it, it’s a violation of the terms and not worth the penalty. Or do. Honestly, none of us care if you or the person get punished for cheating, whether or not you think it is or not. Not only do you risk your account, but the other persons and penalizing your entire ally. This is why Kabam is taking a no-nonsense approach with penalizing entire alliances... cause no matter how many warnings they give, people still think it’s ok. It’s not and more people suffer in the long run than just you when (not if) you get caught.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Account sharing is prohibited and against Kabam’s TOS. How Kabam enforces their TOS and punishes violators is another story. If you read Kabam’s latest message about piloting, you’ll see clearly what they deem the most harmful form of it is. Some will say to you account sharing is account sharing no matter what, and while that is a true statement the degree Kabam enforces their TOS may vary. Look at how “piloting” is punished and you’ll get your answer.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★

Your response to his statement literally makes no sense.
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    I mean they only really care about piloting at the moment, mercs for Labyrinth and legend runs are still running wild