**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Drax update - His main ability is now useless

Comments

• Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    Peppel ther where ranking Drax to counter evade to Main ha a sens it was Not icdens to be sry my english com from Danmark.

If I could offer a friendly suggestion as I appreciate your enthusiasm.

I want to read what you have to say, but the combination of words being out of order (language) and words being misspelled (typos) make it exceedingly challenging. Perhaps typing out your responses in your native language and running them through Google Translate before posting would help you get your point across more effectively.
  • Options
    PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    I took my 5* drax to r4 and this was one of the 2 reasons why. He was my go to for Mordo.

While his fury stacks and bleed are pretty good, i would not have ranked him up without the astral evade counter ability.

I'm tired of Kabam changing things like this. Will you change everything that helps players?? It sure seems that way.

They confirmed that his "counter" to astral evade was an bug many many many times so you ranking him up cause of that is on you.

Yet it took them this long to make the fix? whatever, we are taking a risk whenever we rank champs up. No need to drive the heel in further
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    If Drax actually had some other sort of use then it wouldn’t be a big deal. We all still have skills enough to do these fights the hard/slow/painful way.

But the thing is it was ALL Drax had going for him. And now he has nothing at all going for him. I struggle to think of any other champ with less use and utility. Drax was a reasonable character before. Definitely not top tier, but a good bit of extra utility to have in the arsenal. Now he is bottom tier for sure.

Rank down tickets should absolutely be issued, but they should also grant the awakening gem and signature stones back as well.

Kabam values 5* awakening gems so so highly. That’s why they cost 7million dust to get ONE of them of a random class. Using a 5* awakening gem is a big deal in this game. In my mind it’s more important than the T2 alphas. Although the T2 alphas are close to the most valuable commodity in game themselves.

I think all Kabam employees with personal accounts should be forced to use their first generic 5* gem on Drax, and forced to choose him as their first R5 5* champ. Then maybe they’d realise how useless he is now.

I'm not sure I'd go quite that far as he does have decent bleed and fury BUT that doesn't take away from the fact thsat his niche has always been bypassing those things.

Apparently kabam is on a champ niche manhunt currently!
    There is zero chance he’s worthy of R4 and awakening now.

My R4 5* Blade pumps out way more damage than Drax. But that’s ok, Drax doesn’t need better or equal damage output because he has better utility than Blade now...um...right?

Seriously there is no situation in this game where I would choose Drax in my team anymore. Anything he can do, most everyone else can do better. (Which isn’t hard cause he can’t do anything anymore).

I believe Kabam have simply released too
    many characters in this game and know they are out of ideas. The only way for them to keep releasing new characters is to remove the functionality of old ones we’ve invested in and release new characters we don’t own yet who will have that functionality.

I get what you're saying. I just don't agree that he's the most useless now. I also didn't R5 my 4* or r4 my 5* Drax so I am not out the resources that others are. He served me fine as he was personally.
    Comparing him to Blade is a straw-man argument. You could use that to make most champs to be garbage even if they're not.
    That said, I clearly also do not agree with Kabam removing his ability to bypass evades including AE. So we have that in common for sure.
  • Options
    StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    Tbh, I thought they "fixed" this a few months ago.
    Can't remember what update it was, but I specifically remember this exact conversation in like feb or march.

Sorry that you ranked up a champ based on this particular skill set only for it to be changed, bug/nerf or whatever you want to call it.

• Options
    NOOOOOOOOPEEEEENOOOOOOOOPEEEEE Posts: 2,803 ★★★★★
    Plantesan wrote: »
    I took my 5* drax to r4 and this was one of the 2 reasons why. He was my go to for Mordo.

While his fury stacks and bleed are pretty good, i would not have ranked him up without the astral evade counter ability.

I'm tired of Kabam changing things like this. Will you change everything that helps players?? It sure seems that way.

They confirmed that his "counter" to astral evade was an bug many many many times so you ranking him up cause of that is on you.

Yet it took them this long to make the fix? whatever, we are taking a risk whenever we rank champs up. No need to drive the heel in further

Yes just like how it took them a literal year to fix the Quake aftershock stunning through specials glitch. Not everything can be fixed right away.
  • Options

Yes just like how it took them a literal year to fix the Quake aftershock stunning through specials glitch. Not everything can be fixed right away.

Indeed...now to see what other champ choices they decide to take a dump on (drax being the only decent cosmic at that point in time. The ae bypass was a plus, he is still good to fight Mordo with, just takes a minor adjustment in fighting...)
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Lol "Drax's main ability: to beat Mordo"

Seriously?
  • Options
    Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 628 ★★★
    they will never comment about this.
    there is nothing they can say that will make them look good.
    they tried to comment on the AA's nerf\bug fix thread and it just made them look worst for giving wrong information and losing the trust of the community.

the bottom line, they don't like the way you and others use drax to counter a broken ability like evade so they got rid of it. call it a bug fix, call it a nerf, it doesn't matter anymore.
  • Options
    Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Lol "Drax's main ability: to beat Mordo"

Seriously?

No. Main ability = partially counter evade champs and enhanced surviving capacity against them
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    I agree that this shouldn’t have been changed, but I don’t agree on the change making him useless. He’s still a heavy hitter.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Bahamut wrote: »
    I agree that this shouldn’t have been changed, but I don’t agree on the change making him useless. He’s still a heavy hitter.

It's not useless, but significantly less useful... like when they nerf'd Dr Strange... not useless, but significantly less useful
  • Options
    Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Bahamut wrote: »

True. But heavy hitters are common and better from now. Cap Marvel, Medusa, Angela, to mention cosmic champs
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Whatever it is they have done, and I wish I recorded it, GG just evaded Drax's double hit medium after getting hit with the FIRST hit...

That can not be right.
  • Options
    V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    If Drax actually had some other sort of use then it wouldn’t be a big deal. We all still have skills enough to do these fights the hard/slow/painful way.

But the thing is it was ALL Drax had going for him. And now he has nothing at all going for him. I struggle to think of any other champ with less use and utility. Drax was a reasonable character before. Definitely not top tier, but a good bit of extra utility to have in the arsenal. Now he is bottom tier for sure.

Rank down tickets should absolutely be issued, but they should also grant the awakening gem and signature stones back as well.

Kabam values 5* awakening gems so so highly. That’s why they cost 7million dust to get ONE of them of a random class. Using a 5* awakening gem is a big deal in this game. In my mind it’s more important than the T2 alphas. Although the T2 alphas are close to the most valuable commodity in game themselves.

I think all Kabam employees with personal accounts should be forced to use their first generic 5* gem on Drax, and forced to choose him as their first R5 5* champ. Then maybe they’d realise how useless he is now.

This is a bit melodramatic. Drax is still good in his own right. With just a couple fury his bleed hits incredibly hard. Also, nobody forced you to use an awakening gem on Drax. While it does considerably increase his damage output, it did not directly affect him bypassing astral evade. Bypassing evade as in the bug that has been said was a bug from the beginning. If you think about it, it’s actually a miracle. They allowed a bug in game that benefitted the players for like 2 years.
  • Options
    TaxTax Posts: 105
    It is one thing to slow down ridiculously overpowered champs compared to the rest of the field like Switch back in the day, but there is really no justification for taking away minor use abilities like Drax's evade counter and AA's stun counter. These are NOT overpowering abilities that the designers are being forced to make much harder content to challenge (the excuse for 12.0). This is just BS.

Once a champ has been out for several months and people have used resources on someone because of ANY ability that person happens to like, that character should not be changed. No justification.
  • Options
    M1k0rinM1k0rin Posts: 605 ★★
    If they keep Nerf old good champ become worse and makes new champ insanely strong, it's worth for us to get some t4cc and t4bc instead of rdt
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    I call shenanigans on the frame-rate adjustment being the thing that changed Drax.

Are we really to believe that a frame-rate adjustment to the entire game ONLY effected Drax's ability to bypass AE and evade champs? I don't believe it for a second. It doesn't even make logical sense unless, of course, a mod would like to explain how this works exactly? I would love to be corrected on this somehow.

Frame-rate adjustment would affect pretty much all mechanics of game-play for LOTS of champs across the entire game, including ALL of the other bugs mentioned on the forum, like whiffing, combo hits missing, blocking in the middle of a special, parry window, intercept window, attack after special window, or anything timing related, etc.

It actually doesn't seem all that unusual to me. For one thing, they've been saying for a long time that this was not an ability, it was due to a local timing issue. Race conditions often hinge on very odd and unusual circumstances. The other reason why I've always believed Kabam was correct in this instance is that while Drax's behavior seemed pretty reliable, other champs with similar effects like Elektra and X-23 were not: they *sometimes* worked and sometimes didn't work against evade, in unpredictable fashion. That supported Kabam's assertion that this was not a true ability, but just a wonky unintended behavior.

And extremely tiny and subtle changes to the way the game client processes timing and events can have difficult to predict effects. Every time they make a change to the underlying engine and a small percentage of the players start claiming that parry is broken or something similar, while everyone else doesn't notice anything, demonstrates how sensitive the game is to individual circumstances. The idea that every game change will affect everything consistently doesn't seem to be true. If game changes can affect different players in different ways, it can certainly affect different animation sequences in different ways.
  • Options
    TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I call shenanigans on the frame-rate adjustment being the thing that changed Drax.

Are we really to believe that a frame-rate adjustment to the entire game ONLY effected Drax's ability to bypass AE and evade champs? I don't believe it for a second. It doesn't even make logical sense unless, of course, a mod would like to explain how this works exactly? I would love to be corrected on this somehow.

Frame-rate adjustment would affect pretty much all mechanics of game-play for LOTS of champs across the entire game, including ALL of the other bugs mentioned on the forum, like whiffing, combo hits missing, blocking in the middle of a special, parry window, intercept window, attack after special window, or anything timing related, etc.

It actually doesn't seem all that unusual to me. For one thing, they've been saying for a long time that this was not an ability, it was due to a local timing issue. Race conditions often hinge on very odd and unusual circumstances. The other reason why I've always believed Kabam was correct in this instance is that while Drax's behavior seemed pretty reliable, other champs with similar effects like Elektra and X-23 were not: they *sometimes* worked and sometimes didn't work against evade, in unpredictable fashion. That supported Kabam's assertion that this was not a true ability, but just a wonky unintended behavior.

And extremely tiny and subtle changes to the way the game client processes timing and events can have difficult to predict effects. Every time they make a change to the underlying engine and a small percentage of the players start claiming that parry is broken or something similar, while everyone else doesn't notice anything, demonstrates how sensitive the game is to individual circumstances. The idea that every game change will affect everything consistently doesn't seem to be true. If game changes can affect different players in different ways, it can certainly affect different animation sequences in different ways.

While you may be right with most of that a change to frame rate specifically would not change distance it would change timing because all frame rate is is the speed at which something is done so if an evade happens faster and that is what caused him to miss thats explainable by a frame rate change but that would not change a short evade to one that ends on the other half of the screen
  • Options

Yet it took them this long to make the adjustment...whatever, we are taking a risk whenever we rank any champs up. No need to drive your heel into it
  • Options

Yet it took them this long to make the adjustment...whatever, we are taking a risk whenever we rank any champs up. No need to drive your heel into it

They are saying they didn't make any change to Drax. They are saying his ability to bypass astral evade was a circumstantial effect not an actual ability, and a change to the engine caused this ability to no longer function. But they didn't take any long to make the adjustment, because they made no adjustment to Drax. If it was a side effect of a race condition, then it was bound to disappear eventually without any explicit change to Drax.
  • Options
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    With high sig and fury stacks his damage ramps way past either magik or ultron

On average he tends to have at least one or two stacks of fury, which would make his average attack 50% - 75% higher than his base attack. It would be difficult to not notice that if someone was paying close attention to Drax and Ultron's damage numbers.
This discussion has been closed.