**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Ranking up "stuck" heros

Hey guys,
I currently have a huge surplus of catalysts that I cannot use. I keep getting the message, "Your catalyst inventory is full. Use them now to rank up your champions and come back!". However, every champion I have is unable to use any of the catalysts I own. Additionally, my level 20 Colossus, which I enjoy fighting with, is unable to receive any upgrades. Nor is he able to rank up as he is at his highest lvl for a one star, I assume.
Continuing to get this message to use my catalysts, without being able to actually use them, is VERY frustrating in addition to not being able to rank up, or upgrade one of my favorite champions.

Any assistance in fixing this is appreciated.

Thanks!
StrongstVngr

Comments

• Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    You should probably contact kabam
  • Marvel2289Marvel2289 Posts: 1,008 ★★★
    As for the catalyst problem, the catalyst that you have may be the wrong tier
  • StrongstVngrStrongstVngr Posts: 11
    Marvel2289 wrote: »

Actually, I just got a science catalyst and I'm still unable to rank up my hulk. Even though he is only two star and not "maxed upgraded".

Ya really think this is a kabam issue?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Marvel2289 wrote: »

Actually, I just got a science catalyst and I'm still unable to rank up my hulk. Even though he is only two star and not "maxed upgraded".

Ya really think this is a kabam issue?

There are different tier catalysts. It’s possible you don’t have the correct tier catalysts to rank them.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    There are different tier catalysts. It’s possible you don’t have the correct tier catalysts to rank them.

I understand about needing the specific catalysts to rank specific champions. My point is how am I going to get my champions ranked, IE: move them up to a higher ranking, if I am unable to add any updates or rankings to them?

Maybe I should just send this thread to the Kabam help desk people...
  • Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    Just asking... you levelled the champion up fully for that rank?
    Just asking... you levelled the champion up fully for that rank?

Yes. it's a one star Colossus. I emailed support. If/when they get back to me, I'll update this thread.
    FYI guys, I have an excess of catalysts and I'm not able to rank up any of my champions. Like I said, I'll update.
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    Take a screenshot of your "stuck" champs after you select upgrade so we can see what you are missing.
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 446 ★★
    Yes. A screen shot of the affected champs would be great.
    I have included the following for any help. I am still waiting to here back from support with any actual helpful information.. LOL.
    I fully understand that Colossus is only a one star champion but, whats the point of having all the catalysts I have, for ranking my champions, if I am unable to use them... kinda frustrating.
    As you can see, I am not able to rank any of my other champions either. (For the time being)

Any help would be appreciated.

0zli2923et0h.jpeg

ygn3wf1rarmb.jpeg

084ysr0cjrxi.jpeg
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    keep working! some of the higher tier cats are for the higher star champions. Theres nothing wrong here. The colossus is maxed out, thats it for him. You need 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 star colossus if you want a stronger one
  • Morning_GoryMorning_Gory Posts: 44
    Also you can sell your lower lever catalyst in exchange for some gold and higher tier catalyst shards
  • TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127
    Don't worry dude, those catalysts will expire after 28 days, you will be able to use them before expiring.
    When you go to event quest, you'll see the class catalyst quest. Currently it's cosmic class. And your 2* Spiderman is in Tech class. Good news for you is that tomorrow will be tech catalyst event, go back and find some, then upgrade you spiderman.
    You bring me back to memory of five months ago, I got Colossus as my first 1^ and I loved him, he's so tanky. And go to youtube to learn to evade, your spiderman is the best champions in this game.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Someone needs to give him the pic of the cats needed for ranking so he can understand what catalysts are needed for what tier champs to go to each rank. If I had it, I'd post it.
    Hopefully that will square him away.
    Thanks for all the information guys. Couple things. Because my Colossus is only a one star, and apparently, there is no way to "rank" him up to more stars, he's basically done?
    Second, I found out about the "type specific" cat events today, before I checked this again. So, I'm doing that. I'm HOPING that once I get tech cats, that are for Spidey, I'll be able to rank him up to a higher star champion. Is that possible?

I'm still learning the game but, there are a lot of things that don't make sense still. If one star champs can't get any more stars, if that is the case, what's the point in having them. (Unless I am missing something that does allow champs to get more stars.)

Thanks again for the help.
    Strongwon
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Thanks for all the information guys. Couple things. Because my Colossus is only a one star, and apparently, there is no way to "rank" him up to more stars, he's basically done?
    Second, I found out about the "type specific" cat events today, before I checked this again. So, I'm doing that. I'm HOPING that once I get tech cats, that are for Spidey, I'll be able to rank him up to a higher star champion. Is that possible?

I'm still learning the game but, there are a lot of things that don't make sense still. If one star champs can't get any more stars, if that is the case, what's the point in having them. (Unless I am missing something that does allow champs to get more stars.)

Thanks again for the help.
    Strongwon

Yes, once a champ has reached his final rank/level, he’s done. You cannot upgrade him to a higher tier. You have to open hero crystals and get them as a higher tier. Since there are 130 some odd champs now, using a 3* Colossus can still help get you through content because it could be years before you find a 4* or 5* version of the same champ. It kinda sucks but that’s the game.
    @StrongstVngr

That is a great question people ask especially when they start rolling out higher star champions. By your reasoning, yes, colossus is done.

Stark Spidey as a 2 star though you can gain sig levels. But he is also stuck at 2 stars. The way progression is in this game, always upgrade your higher stars first, they will help you out the most. Don't feel like you have to upgrade everything, and don't feel like you have to upgrade 1* first then 2*. Always upgrade whatever will help you most. Your first few 3 stars will carry you for awhile. Then your 4 stars can carry you through most of the current game.

As a side note: Don't worry about 'wasting' the catalysts you can get from daily events. Those are always there. The ones you eventually have to keep an eye on are the T1 alpha, t2 alpha, t4 basic, t4 class, and anything higher. These come in limited supply especially early in the game. T1 alphas are available easily, but it always takes so many to rank 5* and above champs
    So, as it sounds, since my one stars are done now, It may be better for me to move over to my original account. I started this one on another device and used a different email so I ended up having two accounts. However, As you can see from my screenshot, I think it would be better for me to stick with my StronstVngr account.
    Thoughts?

bbpm0ghv2boz.png
    The first profile you posted has a higher level, so I would stick with that one. It's early enough in both profiles that soon enough, none of those champs will really help you progress.
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    s4zyajxicyu7.jpeg

Here’s a pic of your favorite champ colossus that you can save as your wallpaper if you want :)
    Just rank up your Venom pool as much as you can to make questing easier. Use the twos for synergy. Focus on more threes and ultimately a 4*. When I made my baby account I pretty much focused on the highest tier champ I pulled. Ranked him as much as possible. Walked through completion of act 1 then 2. Never bothered finishing act 1 at that point. Rewards weren't worth it, and I could easily finish act 2. Of course if you pull better threes, shift your focus to them, or if you pull a 4 which happens quicker than it did before, focus there. Get completion and exploration rewards from questing. Build up the shards for crystals.

By the time I got to Thanos, it was a joke compared to my first go around, and I didn't have half the roster of my main account. And now I have more r4 5's on the baby account, mostly because I just can't seem to R4 Ironman. My finger won't press the button.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    You need 2 teir 1 tech catalsts. You get these from the tech training grounds map, easy map both paths 100% the teir 2 tech catalysts are in the medium map. teir 3 tech catalysts may be found in the hard map, but are also milestone rewards from solo and alliance events. Your in luck because Saturday is tech day. You'll be able to rank your thhuy tomorrow.

Your welcome.
    Thanks again for the input guys. I think ranking my venompool is sound advice. He seems pretty stout compared to ALL my othger champions. I’m guessing that’s because he’s a three star. @Immortal, can I have your Colossus? LOL
  • ImmortalImmortal Posts: 323 ★★
    ;) If I could, I would! DEFINITELY!