**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

My ArchAngel Story and Request for Clarification

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    And I know I think the as fix was necessary but kabam should not of said it was working as intended but give them a break it was probably a miscommunication between the mods and the game team it happens
  • MongooseSuicideMongooseSuicide Posts: 45
    And I know I think the as fix was necessary but kabam should not of said it was working as intended but give them a break it was probably a miscommunication between the mods and the game team it happens

Miscommunications happen all the time, and I fully understand that, and don’t hold it against them at all.

However I can hold them accountable for what happens after a miscommunication, and so far the response to this whole situation has been lacking in my opinion, we’re all here discussing it, trying to solve, trying to understand, and we’re the ones negatively impacted by this, I’m out my time and materials, so I would say give the player base a break.

Hopefully the mods weigh in soon to offer more clarity on the path they’ve taken here, I assume they’ve been reading as comments have been removed.
  • DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    @shadow_lurker22 I’m not talking dot, although that is a way to get around safeguard. BW can totally bypass it with normal hits. There are others and other ways. My point is that it’s not as simple as saying “it’s a stun immune node so you shouldn’t be able to stun” same goes with the interaction between AA’s neurotoxin stun and limber.
  • DiirxDiirx Posts: 48
    The stun from neurotoxin was passive (and is still described under the header “passive” after the update) so it did makes sense that it worked that.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    SL is everywhere defending Kabam kinda like GW weird they are making clones
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Diirx wrote: »
    The stun from neurotoxin was passive (and is still described under the header “passive” after the update) so it did makes sense that it worked that.

Just because an effect is listed as a passive, doesn't mean every other effect that effect triggers should be assumed to be passive. In fact, that's generally false. Yellowjacket's biosting stun triggers after biosting expires; biosting is a passive, the stun is active. Medusa's signature ability allows her to periodically gain fury stacks: the signature ability itself is passive, but the fury buffs are active.

Something should only be assumed to be passive if the game explicitly states that it is passive. The default presumption when the game says nothing is that the effect is active. And effects triggered from other effects should not be assumed to inherit the properties of the triggering effect. That's not true in general, and is therefore not a reasonable assumption.
    Same with you every conversation
    Small group of people saying same exact thoughts to counter every discussion here
    Unfortunately these conversations couldn’t happen before the “fix” was made so the debate doesn’t really matter although the handful countering the argument doesn’t represent the people who invested their money, grind time, and decision making based off of factual info from these forums which is the OP at the end of the day I spent $100 for a gem and earned my t2a to invest in a false product not asking for anything from anyone no action will encourage quitting the game like many are doing in high end alliances I could care less if anyone feels or interprets what AA should do we were told by the company and if that should be trusted a disclaimer should be added to every comment they make saying what we say today may not be true tomorrow
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I don't need a rank down ticket because I don't have a ranked 5* AA but they should be given out for him.. It's not about intended or bug or Nerf.. it's about treating your customers right. People made decisions based on information given to them by Kabam and they pulled the rug out from under everyone. Right and wrong seems to be a hard concept for some companies to grasp though.
    Your absolutely right @DaMunk well said
    Logan wrote: »
    a disclaimer should be added to every comment they make saying what we say today may not be true tomorrow

That disclaimer already exists: every game operator makes pretty much the same disclaimer:
    4. Right to Modify. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Websites, the Materials, the Services, or any part or parts thereof with or without notice. You agree that Kabam will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension, or discontinuation.

While Kabam's track record in general when it comes to communicating game information has been sketchy, even when I've played games where I was on a first name basis with the actual developers, there was always the presumption that anything they told me was subject to change at any time without prior notice. That's just the way these kinds of games function.

The problem here isn't that what they said yesterday isn't true today. The problem that I think warrants discussion is that what they said yesterday wasn't even true yesterday. And while I can't say with certainty what the result of that should be, I think Kabam or any game company should consider such errors to be not the normal course of affairs, and should treat it as an extraordinary situation.
    Right I get what your saying but u make absolutely zero sense on this issue...who cares if u have been on a first name basis with a developer you troll every discussion here it doesn’t mean you add any value you just perpetuate the problem, not providing a solution while you think you are some sort of expert....just because you exchange with a developer doesn’t validate you stop saying what you feel and provide facts
  • Drummer16Drummer16 Posts: 324 ★★
    I agree with the OP 100%. Sadly, I have lost the fight in me. Kabam doesn't care about its customers. It has shown ever since NetMarble acquired it. So, you have to play the game with the assumption that anything can change at any time now, or not play at all. 12.0 was the first disaster that completely changed the game for me. Pretty much every week there are several things that affects me negatively, and kabam is almost always silent. Even right now...let's see what issues have affected me in the last 2 days:

- I came 125 Dark Artifacts short of my 3rd crystal because kabam messed up in the beginning
    - assassin assignments and merc missions don't work
    - the game still crashes constantly on iOS and the load times are unbearable
    - somehow in 18.1 the arena, crystal pages, and character screens are unusable
    - last but not least, I spent how many units ranking up MD, and look, it's being changed for god only knows what reason when mystics are at their lowest point in AWD

So...I am sorry about the resources OP, but if you are going to play this game, get used to disappointment. In the 12.0 days, we used to boycott to get kabam's attention. Sadly, people keep spending their life savings on GMCs giving kabam plenty of money and no incentive to bother addressing any issues in a timely manner. Hell, we don't even get a response nowadays (they even delete posts about issues like crashing on iPhone 6+). Sadly, you have to either get used to being screwed over or quit the game.
  • Hollywood_Hollywood_ Posts: 70
    edited June 2018

So miscommunication between mods and game team is our mistake ? Are we responsible for this that miscommunication ?? Better if they fix this bug in the same month when he released then no one could have this problem with this bug. I bring up to AA rank 4 for LOL cus he can bypass limber, now why I have to pay for this ?? And why need to spend more units and money ??
  • Hollywood_Hollywood_ Posts: 70
    Those people only say no to RTD who finished LOL or not have 5* rank 4 AA, or just a beginner !! As per my personal opinion, but seriously they s**ks.
    I just wish communication would be more open and transparent
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,563 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018

Give them a break?! He’s been out for 15 months and they tried to sneak a change to his abilities. 15 months of incompetence on this subject.
  • RixobRixob Posts: 505 ★★
    Guys, i understand your frustration. You guys have every right to be upset about these changes to the characters.
    But you guys also have to understand that this is what Kabam does. All they are going to do is come out with new characters that have these abilities they are taking away.
    And everyone will go nuts over the new characters and Kabam will make a ton of $ when people cash out to get the new characters.

Just know that no RDT are coming, no reverse nerfs or anything like that. You guys are wasting your time.
    It should be pretty obvious to all that Kabam and its merry band of moderators are reading our constant calls for greater teansparency and clarification but they simply don't care. I have all the comments in this post and I must tip my hat. There are so many well articulated and educated comments, I honestly believe you gave baffled Kabam with your well thought arguments for RDT's.

We can only pray that Kabam scales things right back for July so they can concentrate on rebuilding our beloved game.

I agree that conversation here has been great, and I have to hope the mods don't' "not care"

Hopefully the clarification I've requested comes soon and they can prove themselves to care
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    We see it so often though.... the whole not understanding the impact their changes are going to make on day to day playing... It's down right infuriating at this point
    We see it so often though.... the whole not understanding the impact their changes are going to make on day to day playing... It's down right infuriating at this point

It definitely can be, that’s why I’m trying to channel my energies into a constructive conversation about it.

I’ll repeat again that I would like some clarification directly from the team on this, it takes two to tango.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    They have explained it, in the 18.1 thread. If you want the full quote tap on the link thingy by Miike’s name. Furthermore this forum isn’t meant to be for direct correspondence with Kabam that is what support is for so trying to describe them in anyway (specifically as not caring) for not answering someone directly on the forum is way off.
    We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

Hollywood_ wrote: »

So miscommunication between mods and game team is our mistake ? Are we responsible for this that miscommunication ?? Better if they fix this bug in the same month when he released then no one could have this problem with this bug. I bring up to AA rank 4 for LOL cus he can bypass limber, now why I have to pay for this ?? And why need to spend more units and money ??

So u r saying if it was miscommunication then the change should not happen no that's not how it works and normally I would want a rank down tickets but seeing as Archangel is still a useable good champion there is no need for one
    edited June 2018
    And ur complaining is getting annoying the tos u agreed to states kabam can make any changes they seem necessary without even having to tell the player base
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    And ur complaining is getting annoying the tos u agreed to states kabam can make any changes they seem necessary without even having to tell the player base

here is lies the problem with click-wrap licenses... Kabam could have also put in there that you name any child born Kabam X where X is an increasing incremental value starting at 1 and then sue you for violating it if you didn't follow their child naming guidelines...

(that would also be hilarious to watch unfold in court).

here is lies the problem with click-wrap licenses... Kabam could have also put in there that you name any child born Kabam X where X is an increasing incremental value starting at 1 and then sue you for violating it if you didn't follow their child naming guidelines...

(that would also be hilarious to watch unfold in court).

Technically, the TOS is not a clickwrap license: it is a browse wrap license. A click wrap license agreement is one where the terms are explicitly shown to the user and the user is asked to agree to it. A browse wrap agreement is one where the user is told the terms are over there, read them if you want, but you have to agree with it to continue.

Clickwrap has generally been legally held to be a valid binding contract. Browewrap contracts have not always been held to be fully legal in all respects. However, this doesn't help game players much. If you and I get into a business agreement of some kind, there are a host of complex consequences that could happen if a contract between us is ruled to be void. But when it comes to TOS agreements in a video game, there really is only one thing that can happen if a player challenges the TOS and wins: the TOS becomes nonbinding and void between that player and the game operator, and in the absence of a valid agreement for service the game operator then is legally allowed to terminate service with that player. In other games that player might be able to escape having to pay for service, but in a freemium game like this one there isn't really any such thing to escape.

You can challenge the TOS but you can't write your own. Challenging the TOS of a game is generally the same thing as quitting the game, only more expensive.

But I doubt that a TOS with that condition would survive legal challege. It would probably fail a legal test called unconscionability in contract law.
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    They have explained it, in the 18.1 thread. If you want the full quote tap on the link thingy by Miike’s name. Furthermore this forum isn’t meant to be for direct correspondence with Kabam that is what support is for so trying to describe them in anyway (specifically as not caring) for not answering someone directly on the forum is way off.
    We don’t have any plans to distribute Rank Down tickets as this is resolving a bug and not changing an intended fundamental Champion mechanic in a significant way.

Thank you all for your opinions

I understand the purpose for the forums and the mods interactions with players.

I was just hoping they’d be willing to have a more in-depth conversation surrounding their reasoning to help us understand this decision.

But seeing as how it’s starting to go off the rails and if no mod wants to engage in this conversation which is not what I would hope but after this length of time it doesn’t appear they want to, then I would request they please close the thread.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto @Kabam Zibiit