**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Nerf Domino

Comments

• Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I find this character...interesting.

My thing is this: I don't mind the character and the abilities. It just baffles me how this character can be released like this but so many other characters have these crazy limitations -- I mean, I just posted a few days ago about the first-iteration StarkTech characters that were clearly throttled on base damage. Clearly.

If you can release Domino like this, then you can release any character into the wild as is -- I have it as a three-star, and I will just say this: Domino is as close to pre-12.0 as we have had

Wait until you folks see what this character can do. Wow
  • Options
    To be clear: I don't want Domino nerfed. I really don't.

What I really want is for the powers that be to look back at the characters that are really struggling and say, "OK. There's no reason now for Doctor Strange to have taken the hit he did in 12.0," or "There's no reason for OG Iron Man to not hit as hard as Gwenpool."

Again: I have Domino. I like the character.

But when everyone gets this character, even as a three-star, you will see exactly what I mean
  • Options
    St333lll wrote: »
    Il_JooO wrote: »
    She is OP, nothing else to add.
    She's the NEW Scarlet Witch plus she can nullify domains like dexterity and parry!
    Come on men, she's ridiculous!

I gotta admit. I'm not the best player. But I used 5/50s against her, got 0 hits on me and she killed me within 10 of my attacks. Shes beyond God Tier chaps.

I laughed last night. The best character to kill Domino is Domino

• Options
    CanarioCanario Posts: 167
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Canario wrote: »
    Iv smashed master,uncollected and merc missions and haven't had any bother what so ever and if shebis broken then its not a nerf she needs it will be a fix,there is a difference between nerf and fix but im sure you all knew that.

Please feel free to share a video of you smashing her to bits without taking a ton of unwarranted damage. When you're losing a majority of your health while never getting hit something is wrong.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/73758/just-verifying-that-domino-is-working-as-intended#latest

Ahh see thats were your wrong as not once did i say about not getting damage off me,i smashed her indeed,so go back and read that post again,all it took was interceptions a combo repeat then S1 for sting damage
  • Options
    RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    I think they should leave her as is and return SW Dr strange, thor, BW and others back into their original pre 12.0 state.
  • Options
    AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    I think they should leave her as is and return SW Dr strange, thor, BW and others back into their original pre 12.0 state.

Sh** even they couldn't do it. They'd get unlucky with armor break, random buffs and debuffs, and Strange would fail his cycles
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Iv smashed master,uncollected and merc missions and haven't had any bother what so ever and if shebis broken then its not a nerf she needs it will be a fix,there is a difference between nerf and fix but im sure you all knew that.

Please feel free to share a video of you smashing her to bits without taking a ton of unwarranted damage. When you're losing a majority of your health while never getting hit something is wrong.

http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/73758/just-verifying-that-domino-is-working-as-intended#latest

thanks for linking my post........

lz3vh9cbwbj6.gif

i could show the whole video that shows this was fight #1 against her. she was on 100% when this fight started....
    so clearly i was giving it to her and i was clearly on top......

She wen to charge a heavy.... so i went to dexterity..... it failed and i got flogged for 11k dmage plus critical failure..... took me all the way from 72% - 21% because my champ was not allowed to move.....
    i then proceded to hit her block and die from explosive personality.

Point is the whole fight got turned around becuase of nothing in my control.....

So.....
    When domino goes to throw a heavy at you what do you do???
    A - nothing and hope that stand your ground mastery kicks in???
    B - attempt to dex and hope that critical failure doesnt kick in???
    C - just give up....

i went back in and polished her off wih my 5/50 GR never got hit and took no damage.....

so yes i can smash her... and have done...

but still she is crazy next level insane and it makes no sense why she is like this and others are piss poor... remember wolvie cant be a 5* cus his regen is too op......
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    She's the NEW Scarlet Witch plus she can nullify domains like dexterity and parry!

Actually I'd approve leaving domino as is if it meant bringing in 5* scarlet witch as a counter! :)

5* SW wouldn't counter her. In fact, Domino is the counter to 5* SW... all those buffs and debuffs? Domino wouldn't even move and SW would drop
  • Options
    Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    edited June 2018

Actually I'd approve leaving domino as is if it meant bringing in 5* scarlet witch as a counter! :)

5* SW wouldn't counter her. In fact, Domino is the counter to 5* SW... all those buffs and debuffs? Domino wouldn't even move and SW would drop

not quite. because although SW has a buff/debuff chance on every hit she has an almost 100% chance of doing something.
    so even with dominos aa reduction it SW would still have a 85% chance of causing a buff/debuff meaning only a 15% chance of crit failure. and it is very likely that she would regen to recover majority of lost health whilst having a huge crit hit sp2 to take domino down quickly.

the champs that suffer the most from doino are not those with the most abilities.
    it is those that have the abilities with the lowest chance to procure.
  • Options
    TranminhbaoTranminhbao Posts: 127

I like your comparison. She is literally Scarlet Witch. Exactly! Why did Kabam nerf SW, take that reason and nerf Domino..
    Nerf Domino like nerf Scarlet Witch, it's easy, lower the chance to trigger Lucky- Unlucky, say 10%. And nerf her soon before people spend a fortune on her, although Kabam prefer the opposite.
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Nerf Domino like nerf Scarlet Witch, it's easy, lower the chance to trigger Lucky- Unlucky, say 10%. And nerf her soon before people spend a fortune on her, although Kabam prefer the opposite.

I think they should actually look at it first, there's no way it's a 15% chance... it procs WAY too frequently; then she's breaking blocks and goes right into a full combo which kills you. If she doesn't break blocks and you mange to hit her, well here are some critical failures - take damage anyway.

The game sucks when I play almost perfectly and still take damage from nothing, meanwhile the AI just blatantly cheats by breaking blocks, triggering a 15% proc every single opportunity... come on. I know Seatin pretty much one-shot hit entire Uncollected run but damage for playing near perfect?
  • Options
    Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    Every month when new champs come out there are always people complaining about how OP they are,dude be like everyone els and learn to fight them.

how about no? this isnt the way it should be
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,193 ★★★★★
    why is everyone whining about a champ when its them using the wrong champs or not getting good at fighting her? Get good for crying out loud use a tech champ stop being stubborn and learn that tech champs aren't affected by the unlucky and half her things are easy to evade learn to evade learn to fight stop spamming these posts and cluttering the forums ...
    First of all your mastry not always works and u Can end op get Craps one so stop yours stupid thing with get god Thah just wgonr from you
  • Options
    rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    why is everyone whining about a champ when its them using the wrong champs or not getting good at fighting her? Get good for crying out loud use a tech champ stop being stubborn and learn that tech champs aren't affected by the unlucky and half her things are easy to evade learn to evade learn to fight stop spamming these posts and cluttering the forums ...

She's broken, her attacks are breaking blocks.

I'm posting proof below. My skills may not be top notch, but they are ok.

• Options
    BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★
    Don't nerf Domino, ERASE her from the game!
  • Options
    DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★

relax, kabam will nerf her after they milked the oil sheiks and oligarchs for lots of money, it is how kabam devs buy a new ferrarri each week

Absolutely they will and they'll probably take a couple others with her... we'll get to deal with her for a year or so then she'll get nuked and everyone will be mad. I just hope I pull her sooner rather than later. I'll probably be one of those people who finally gets her and uses a gem on her then a few days later she gets nerfed.
  • Options
    Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    Clearly they don’t know how to make champions anymore...apart from iw cap
  • Options
    This happens just about every challenge that comes along. People see the Champs on Uncollected where they're Noded up and meant to be a challenge, and then think they will be game-breaking. We've seen it happen time and time again. We adjust to new Champs.

When @GroundedWisdom is not on the money.

Sadly, she's easy in Uncollected but hard as other bosses.
  • Options
    This happens just about every challenge that comes along. People see the Champs on Uncollected where they're Noded up and meant to be a challenge, and then think they will be game-breaking. We've seen it happen time and time again. We adjust to new Champs.

In general, that's the case. Reaction is still the same. They're not going to release a Champ that is so game-breaking there is no counter to it. History tells us that. We've also seen the same reaction many times. Every Champ that seems challenging at first. Then things balance out, and people get used to them. Personally, I welcome new challenges. Otherwise we're playing a game that doesn't challenge us and becomes repetitive.

I don't know if you're high brother, but I posted a video above showing how she breaks a block.

She also can stop your dex but I wasn't able to capture that.

A champ that breaks masteries such as dex and a base mechanic like block is intentional??

If you can counter something that breaks your block randomly then I'm all ears. Basically the only way to play is intercept and dex.