**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mordo is now bugged vs Blade [Not a Bug]

Comments

• Options
    Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    Hey All,

Mordo is immune to Ability Accuracy reduction, and Blade's ability to reduce the AA of Champions immune to AA Reduction (could that be more confusing to say?) does not apply to his Synergies, only his inherent abilities. This means that since Mordo is NOT a dimensional being, he will not have his Ability Accuracy reduced by Blade's Danger Sense.

So everything about Danger Sense is extended by synergies, except this one thing? Seems like an odd decision. Can you double check this with the game team for me? If this is indeed how Blade is intended to work, why did it take 7 months for them to fix it? He's been the most popular champ bar none since his release, and he was reducing Mordo's ability accuracy the whole time, not a single person thought that Blade WASN'T supposed to do that.
  • Options
    PearlyWhitesPearlyWhites Posts: 39
    Hey All,

Mordo is immune to Ability Accuracy reduction, and Blade's ability to reduce the AA of Champions immune to AA Reduction (could that be more confusing to say?) does not apply to his Synergies, only his inherent abilities. This means that since Mordo is NOT a dimensional being, he will not have his Ability Accuracy reduced by Blade's Danger Sense.

That has got to be one of the stupidest things I have heard about abilities yet. His synergies say the his danger sense is expanded to include either villains or mystics. This means whatever was stated in his abilities now apply to them as well.

I can see why it's confusing, but that part of the ability is not part of Blade's Danger Sense. That is a completely different ability in and of it's own that applies to Danger Sense. It is not a property of Danger Sense itself.

It is literally the 1st sentence of his passive ability.oi2a21afa826.jpg
  • Options
    MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    Ability accuracy reduction on immune champs is a part of danger sense by that description. No sensible person could determine otherwise by that ability statement. If this is not what they intended then they need to rewrite the ability.
  • Options
    Well, Miike is essentially the voice of the dev team. It's not him coming up with this stuff.
  • Options
    Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 477 ★★★
    Hey All,

That has got to be one of the stupidest things I have heard about abilities yet. His synergies say the his danger sense is expanded to include either villains or mystics. This means whatever was stated in his abilities now apply to them as well.

I can see why it's confusing, but that part of the ability is not part of Blade's Danger Sense. That is a completely different ability in and of it's own that applies to Danger Sense. It is not a property of Danger Sense itself.

So, are you saying he gets the Attack rating increase and the 40% AA reduction still, but will not ignore immunities of villains and mystics that are immune to AA reduction through the synergies? In other words, no AA reduction for those that are immune to reduction besides dimensional beings.

If that is how it is supposed to work, whatever I guess, another thing that was left out of the patch notes again.
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    Hey All,

then why blade can't reduce mordo ability to trigger power gain anymore he toggle it everytime now maybe u should rename his denger sense to denger attack instead
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike so this was changed recently is what you are saying? Cause what we are saying is that it worked on mordo since the start and only stopped working recently. So can we get confirmation that the ability was changed to not include mordo now?
  • Options
    Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    As the OP, I'd like to take a second here to say that while I don't always agree with Miike, I don't think we should turn hostile towards him over this. If what you're saying is in fact the final word on the matter @Kabam Miike I would like the clarification to be made that ignoring AA reduction immunity IS NOT a bonus for danger sense. Otherwise it SHOULD be extended by the synergies which pass along ALL bonuses of danger sense to other non-dimensional being champions.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Kabam why are you trying to make an excuse for this there are a lot of people who will not fall the tricks this time he ignores the immunity meaning he should ignore mordos aar immunity it is simple as that please stop trying to make it look like it was intended when it clearly wasn't.
  • Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    Nonsense. How was he stopping Mordo's power gain and Mephistos Aura from activating then?
  • Options
    RotellyRotelly Posts: 774 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Acanthus wrote: »
    Nonsense. How was he stopping Mordo's power gain and Mephistos Aura from activating then?

Exactly, he use to prevent Mordo from gaining power from power gain buff
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike
    Ummm so why does it apply when using Dorm or Mephisto synergy... expanding to mystics (Mordo)

But not when using GR synergy... expanding to villains (Mordo).

Oh wait.... I see what’s gonna happen now.

Why is this being overlooked? If the mephisto/Dorm synergy works, why is it just GRs that doesn’t?

• Options
    Ch1efsterCh1efster Posts: 477 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike
    Ummm so why does it apply when using Dorm or Mephisto synergy... expanding to mystics (Mordo)

But not when using GR synergy... expanding to villains (Mordo).

Oh wait.... I see what’s gonna happen now.

Why is this being overlooked? If the mephisto/Dorm synergy works, why is it just GRs that doesn’t?

Shhhhh! Apparently it's not supposed to work either. Sure that will be fixed as fast as the Rage nodes.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »

Mephisto is a Dimensional Being, so Blade's abilities (without synergies) are able to stop him from Activating his Aura of Incineration. As for Mordo, I don't think Blade should ever have been able to stop that from happening, but I will talk to the team about it.

He may not have been supposed to, but he most certainly did, So it should’ve been added to the patch notes.
    Really not hard to have a complete set of patch notes for an update, other games that have a lot more changes per update are capable of this whilst also explaining thoroughly there thoughts behind the changes, but let’s just start with getting a complete set of patch notes each month please :)
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    @TitoBandito187 because they don't know what they are talking about.

@Kabam Miike he should be able to if he has the syngery to stop mystics since danger sense ignores immunties and mordos is an immunity it is common sense why try to make it look intended all of a sudden?

I noticed in the game event quest deadpool also said blade is overpowered why keep making him look like a threat there are people who invest in blade ya know.

Whats next? Is mephisto gonna become an angel so blade can't fight him anymore?

Are all the villain tags gonna be changed to bad people to prevent danger sense?

• Options
    @MSRDLD
    That is the true process.
  • Options
    spaceoak wrote: »
    It is confusing that it worked before and now you say it never should have. I used Blade against Mordo 3-5 times a month in AQ when Mordo was a mini-boss. We know it worked. We know it changed. We know we were not told about the change. That is the main problem.

When you use Blade against Mordo for AA reduction and you have done it successfully dozens of times then it stops working with no warning it is really frustrating.

Like what happened to Drax and Mordo?
  • Options
    Are you done talking to your "team" about this bug because it is a bug after all not intended.
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    Ability accuracy reduction on immune champs is a part of danger sense by that description. No sensible person could determine otherwise by that ability statement. If this is not what they intended then they need to rewrite the ability.

I will pass that along to the team. We can see if they can make it easier to understand.

I'm confused how there's something to understand. In writing it says Ability reduction is part of Danger Sense.

The same is also stated here:
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-blade/

This discussion has been closed.