**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

IMIW and Domino are game breaking champs

Comments

• ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    JK171386 wrote: »
    disagree....imiw just takes practice with every champ either get good or it will keep being a problem for you..same with domino ...sorry just get good at fighting...and practice til you are sick..

For me (and others) its not about learning how to fight her, its all the unavoidable damage she can cause just because her ability interacts with masteries. You block a hit and take energy damage because it wasnt a perfect block, you dodge and still get hit because the dex mastery fails. At least with a similar champ like dorm there is a way around it by not using champs that rely on buffs but with domino there is LITERALLY no way around it save for undoing all your masteries and using champs with no abilities

Just for the record i never had a problem with IMIW save for the very first time i fought him and even the first time i fought domino i had no problem learning her hit animations and fighting her I simply died cause of the massive energy damage that would proc every time i coughed

Exactly -- I don't think people are seeing this yet.

Sometimes, you can roll through a fight against the character. No issues.

But when the character is proccing...nobody can "git gud" against RNG and unavoidable damage

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    My main problem is hav ther doing so domino Can caules your mastry suck as dex. Ther no skil if u try to evade but get smaks in yours face Them ther say doiminl is esay yeah she esay but if u get unluck and she just tourn of your evade ups u take a hervy. Ups she Not brokke. At all stop with tha get good she abilty to tourn of you mastry is Bs and need cancge
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    Gamer wrote: »
    My main problem is hav ther doing so domino Can caules your mastry suck as dex. Ther no skil if u try to evade but get smaks in yours face Them ther say doiminl is esay yeah she esay but if u get unluck and she just tourn of your evade ups u take a hervy. Ups she Not brokke. At all stop with tha get good she abilty to tourn of you mastry is Bs and need cancge

I agree. The fact that she has a chance to disable basic masteries like Parry and Evade is way too strong. It needs to be changed.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,126 ★★★★★
    LoPresti wrote: »
    Gamer wrote: »

I agree. The fact that she has a chance to disable basic masteries like Parry and Evade is way too strong. It needs to be changed.
    no skil only luck eithe u is unluck. Why kabam wont so much rng one the game it soon a game only Rich Can play.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Iron Man isn't breaking war. Fewer kills every war. We'll see about Domino. She looks broken but let's not freak out until we know more lol
  • AshburnAshburn Posts: 270
    Why is NOBODY suggesting hulk ragnarok? He's the perfect counter for her and no one seems to be acknowledging it.
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Stop talking about Uncollected Domino. She's easy. Face her as a boss in AW. Literally as any boss
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,650 Guardian
    ESF wrote: »
    Domino. Yeah. People should maybe be a little concerned about this one

I don't know enough to draw a definite conclusion yet about Domino, but based on what I do know if I had to give odds on Domino being changed in some way for game balance reasons in the next six months, I'd currently give those odds as about 30% in favor. For context, I think the odds of IMIW being adjusted for game balance reasons in the next six months are less than one percent.

I should point out that doesn't reflect whether I think Domino needs adjustments or not. That reflects the odds that Domino is determined to be sufficiently outside the acceptable range of performance that the developers would have no choice but to change her. But I'm mostly analyzing Domino on paper, I have limited experience with her so far.
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Domino. Yeah. People should maybe be a little concerned about this one

I don't know enough to draw a definite conclusion yet about Domino, but based on what I do know if I had to give odds on Domino being changed in some way for game balance reasons in the next six months, I'd currently give those odds as about 30% in favor. For context, I think the odds of IMIW being adjusted for game balance reasons in the next six months are less than one percent.

I should point out that doesn't reflect whether I think Domino needs adjustments or not. That reflects the odds that Domino is determined to be sufficiently outside the acceptable range of performance that the developers would have no choice but to change her. But I'm mostly analyzing Domino on paper, I have limited experience with her so far.

See, here's the thing: In a perfect world...man, I absolutely HATE nerfs. I don't want characters to be weaker. I would actually like many characters to be stronger.

Domino is just really hard to explain -- I am honestly kinda stunned the character was released like this. When people get the character on Sunday and start testing...you have to see some of the damage and utility in action to believe it.

I can't even imagine fighting this character in a Boss Rush or Challenge with some of the nodes they can put on her. My gosh, just a Power Gain node alone and she starts proccing Lucky repeatedly...man.

Can she be killed? Sure. There are weaknesses. Not poison immune, for example. She's not that sturdy, either -- chip damage gets after her pretty good.

But when she is proccing...man. It almost doesn't matter what you do, in some scenarios. People who are saying "git gud"...LOL

Said it in another thread, but she feels about as close to a pre-12.0 character as we have seen. I only have the 3-star. I can't even fathom what a 5/65 Domino could do

Domino is just really hard to explain -- I am honestly kinda stunned the character was released like this. When people get the character on Sunday and start testing...you have to see some of the damage and utility in action to believe it.

I'm putting my game design hat on for a moment. What Domino can do or not do today is almost irrelevant. It *hints* at the problem, but it also suggests something else: that all future content is going to have to factor in Domino's "reverse ability accuracy" degen. To me, it seems like a giant land mine waiting to blow up under future content designers.

Consider the recent change to Archangel. The problem wasn't just the fact that he could stun champions that were stun immune. The more serious long term problem was that Archangel was a permanent loophole around the ability for any future content designer to ever make anything capable of avoiding being stunned, because any attempt to give that thing the ability to be immune to stuns, even sometimes immune, or even to reduce the duration of stuns, Archangel would just ignore. It would be almost as if Archangel was a developer with the final say over future content. That simply could not continue.

Domino "feels" like it could be like that. All future champion designers have to consider that every power they make that has any random chance to happen could interact with Domino in a way that causes that champion to commit suicide under the right conditions. Given how they are continuing to increase the complexity of newer champions to make them more interesting, this seems to be a potentially nasty problem you're dropping on the future design of the game.

To put it another way, it matters a little whether *we* can work around Domino or not. But it matters a great deal more if the *developers* can work around her or not. The former is something that might get changed. The latter is something that they will be forced to change, period.

There it is -- you just summed it up. Because as best I can tell, it might be interacting with Masteries, too -- see, that's the thing. Because of the RNG nature of some of it and the fact that you are trying not to get hit, you are never sure in a fight if what you thought you saw is actually what happened.

I'm just gonna put this out here: As best I can tell -- and I could be wrong -- I would swear that Domino is Block Breaking like BW used to, while keeping Evade from proccing. Again: Not every single time. There's RNG in all of it.

But that's some of the stuff about why I haven't written a character review yet -- some stuff that happens with her, it's almost like "this can't be happening, at this level of damage, with this suppression of all abilities."
    DaMunk wrote: »

I'm putting my game design hat on for a moment. What Domino can do or not do today is almost irrelevant. It *hints* at the problem, but it also suggests something else: that all future content is going to have to factor in Domino's "reverse ability accuracy" degen. To me, it seems like a giant land mine waiting to blow up under future content designers.

Consider the recent change to Archangel. The problem wasn't just the fact that he could stun champions that were stun immune. The more serious long term problem was that Archangel was a permanent loophole around the ability for any future content designer to ever make anything capable of avoiding being stunned, because any attempt to give that thing the ability to be immune to stuns, even sometimes immune, or even to reduce the duration of stuns, Archangel would just ignore. It would be almost as if Archangel was a developer with the final say over future content. That simply could not continue.

Domino "feels" like it could be like that. All future champion designers have to consider that every power they make that has any random chance to happen could interact with Domino in a way that causes that champion to commit suicide under the right conditions. Given how they are continuing to increase the complexity of newer champions to make them more interesting, this seems to be a potentially nasty problem you're dropping on the future design of the game.

To put it another way, it matters a little whether *we* can work around Domino or not. But it matters a great deal more if the *developers* can work around her or not. The former is something that might get changed. The latter is something that they will be forced to change, period.

Yeah she has pre 12.0 Switch all over her but with incredibly stupid unavoidable damage. Do I want her... absolutely... because she looks like she can make life easier. Won't be able to stun chain like old SW but when defenders abilities quit working things will nice. We will end up in another situation a year or so from now where she has to be FIXED because she not working as intended. People will be upset. Of course I could be completely wrong.. I don't have her yet but everything about her gives me pause. Honestly if she didn't have the unavoidable damage I would still be concerned but wouldn't say anything, I absolutely hate that mechanic.

If I had to bet...nerf. Six months, max

People are gonna be MAD
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    I think the issue is just HOW SPECIFIC the “counters” are

This game is largely checks and balances where Blade Trinity counters most mystic and villain defenders, IMIW/Domino are direct responses in HEAVY checks to Blade and other champs can kinda check them and those guys don’t really need proper balancing because they’re so specific about checking them that it’s unneeded.

The issue is when you create an arms war

MODOK and Medusa definitely shook the meta a bit but Blade tore it down to where top alliances wouldn’t really place villains or Mystics (medusa wasn’t effected by Blade but she’s similar to MODOK in defensive abilities)

To respond we got IMIW and Domino who need to be able to take him out quickly

To respond to those requires specific play and champs

Those don’t need balancing but the scales constantly tipping makes makes the game a mess at times especially when counters are so harsh they nearly break the scales. I’m for highly annoying/powerful champs but they ant just be “unavoidable damage and can’t hit me” while almost (ALMOST) no one can simply style on them like where using Luke Cage against Hyperion would be hilarious (and it actually is l, I know, I do it a LOT)
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★

What about Black Widow?
    edited June 2018
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    I think the issue is just HOW SPECIFIC the “counters” are

This game is largely checks and balances where Blade Trinity counters most mystic and villain defenders, IMIW/Domino are direct responses in HEAVY checks to Blade and other champs can kinda check them and those guys don’t really need proper balancing because they’re so specific about checking them that it’s unneeded.

The issue is when you create an arms war

MODOK and Medusa definitely shook the meta a bit but Blade tore it down to where top alliances wouldn’t really place villains or Mystics (medusa wasn’t effected by Blade but she’s similar to MODOK in defensive abilities)

To respond we got IMIW and Domino who need to be able to take him out quickly

To respond to those requires specific play and champs

Those don’t need balancing but the scales constantly tipping makes makes the game a mess at times especially when counters are so harsh they nearly break the scales. I’m for highly annoying/powerful champs but they ant just be “unavoidable damage and can’t hit me” while almost (ALMOST) no one can simply style on them like where using Luke Cage against Hyperion would be hilarious (and it actually is l, I know, I do it a LOT)

Very good points. Imagine how many more complaints Kabam would be getting if they nerfed champs instead of releasing new champs to try to balance the game.

Players who've completed multiple LOL runs have told me they feel that Blade makes their game worse at times because he steamrolls so much game content. Infinite regeneration and 50-60% ability accuracy reduction against so many champions is not exactly challenging. I think it's great that mystic wars is on its last leg, never would've thought that tech and to a lesser extent skill classes would be on the way to surpass the mystic class in terms of top AW defenders.
  • Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    So I guess this is the game's imbalance Kabam was talking about? Lols
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Second verse, same as the 1st. They both can be beat. They both require new skills and learning. Oh no, something that stops you from ran sacking the game. Yeah, IW Iron Man is tough. He decimated a few people in my Alliance. However, one of my old members sent us a video of him beating a 5* R4 duped IW Iron Man with his 3* Maxed/Duped Hyperion. Did it with ease. You just have to learn their quirks is all. Posts like this are a waste of valuable time. Instead of whining about how tough it is, spend some time learning how to win with what you got. People complained about Magik, Hyperion, Dormammu, Iceman, etc... then you figured out their weak point and used it. Domino can be beat pretty easily with Stark Enhanced Spider-Man or Star Lord. For every champ they make, there's always a counter. Just because you haven't found it yet, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

We'll all be waiting for the video of him doing in on node 38 with a 3* . Doing it in a duel is nothing
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★

What about Black Widow?

she does not stop parry..... she stops the stun that parry causes just as other ability reducers can.
    domino is stopping the entire block......

domino is not stopping the the buff from dexterity.. she is stopping you from moving causing you to eat an 11k heavy hit.

big difference between stopping the buff associated with these and stopping your champ from actually moving or making you to drop your block causing you to eat a combo.
    Maat1985 wrote: »
    she does not stop parry..... she stops the stun that parry causes just as other ability reducers can.

domino is not stopping the the buff from dexterity.. she is stopping you from moving causing you to eat an 11k heavy hit.

big difference between stopping the buff associated with these and stopping your champ from actually moving or making you to drop your block causing you to eat a combo.

@Maat1985 Black Widow disables parry and evade, that's why I brought that up
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    I'm sorry but there ain't no time for gitting gud against someone that makes a core master's primary function FAIL
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    Maat1985 wrote: »

@Maat1985 Black Widow disables parry and evade, that's why I brought that up

yeah but only the parry stun component.... not the actual block.......

and she stops passive evade..... not manual dexterity.......
  • wookehwookeh Posts: 147 ★★
    I don't think her defensive abilities are game breaking.

Her being able to proc a 12k per tick bleed with sp3 as a r3 5* is my concern