**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Drax update - His main ability is now useless

Comments

• Options
    Julius_SeizureJulius_Seizure Posts: 99
    In all seriousness though...can anybody please tell me a reason for Drax to exist in the game anymore?

People say he has high damage output. Well
    my R4 5* Drax has a base attack of 1,754. This happens to be the exact same base attack as my R4 5* Magik and my R4 5* Ultron.

Everyone is constantly talking about how Ultron’s damage output is terrible, but at least he makes up for it with loads of utility. Well his “terrible” base attack is the exact same as the base attack of Drax.

I’ve been paying attention to Drax’s damage numbers. They’re not great. Especially considering he has literally NOTHING else besides those damage numbers now.

And for comparison...while Drax, Magik and Ultron are all sitting together on 1,754 base attack... my R4 5* Blade is sitting on a base attack of 1,992.

Honestly they should just remove Drax from the game at this point. He is the single most useless character in the game at this point. Even Groot is better than Drax now. At least Groot can sit in the squad and be called up if there’s a bleed node.

Someone please tell me why Drax is in the game.

Very melodramatic. I’ll trade you my 5* Hulkbuster and Carnage for Drax any day, considering your Drax is more “useless.”
  • Options
    Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    I think Drax was a worthy champion, I ranked him too based on his abilities.. I am surprised that I have yet to see a mod address these posts.. @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Two things. First of all, Drax was never meant to counter Mordo in that way. It was an unintended side-effect, and they've been upfront about that for as long as it's been brought up. If you Ranked based on that, you took a gamble.
    Secondly, make friends with Evade and Intercept. Any Champ can counter Mordo if you forego the Parry.
  • Options
    TachyonShadowTachyonShadow Posts: 118
    Two things. First of all, Drax was never meant to counter Mordo in that way. It was an unintended side-effect, and they've been upfront about that for as long as it's been brought up. If you Ranked based on that, you took a gamble.
    Secondly, make friends with Evade and Intercept. Any Champ can counter Mordo if you forego the Parry.

Your points are valid yes but fact of the matter is that every evade champ now evades further back then they used to specifically when fighting drax, now i don't particularly care about the mordo thing cos that was slated as a bug but making a change and then not being transparent about it and then giving an excuse about frame rate that has nothing to do with distance and just speed is not how you build any sort of trust, if you change something come out and say you changed don't hide behind some excuse that does not hold water visually
  • Options
    We're talking about Drax. That's the topic. Not the distance of Evade. Honestly, this whole bandwagon is gaining momentum. Paranoia is rampant because a couple Champs who weren't meant to perform a certain way now perform as they were intended.
  • Options
    We're talking about Drax. That's the topic. Not the distance of Evade. Honestly, this whole bandwagon is gaining momentum. Paranoia is rampant because a couple Champs who weren't meant to perform a certain way now perform as they were intended.

Did you not read the part where i said specifically for drax? They are the same distance when using everyone else besides drax how is a change that is specific to him not talking about drax?
  • Options

Also another point I don't actually care about them changing it which was also in the message just be bold enough to say you are changing it instead of a fake excuse
  • Options
    I would be curious how you quantified that they were all the same distance besides Drax.
  • Options
    I would be curious how you quantified that they were all the same distance besides Drax.

If you are looking at something and in one instance they move one screen away and in another its less than a quarter of the current screen what would your deduction be ?
  • Options
    There’s no problems with my evade and parry skills. I have cleared act 5 100% and can pull out super long combos on Spiderman, Mordo, etc and not take single hit of damage using any champ in the game.

Doesn’t change the fact that for as long as I’ve been playing the game Drax has been able to make all these fight much easier/safer, particularly if you have to consider secondary nodes in the fight like bane, etc.
    Easier, perhaps. Not by intended design.
  • Options
    xxxsidewinderxxxxxxsidewinderxxx Posts: 74
    Kabam can you kindly send me a rank down ticket so I can rank down my Drax since he is no longer the champ I invested so much into. Thank you
  • Options
    In order to nerf it, it would have to be a part of his design. Which it wasn't. The fact that a Mod suggested using him as he was then doesn't give license to oweing something if he's fixed. All this is about is Tickets. Any avenue possible. I wish they never introduced them. The bottom line is Drax was designed long before Mordo was even introduced. He wasn't made for, or designed for, being a counter to Mordo. It's not reasonable to expect Resources back because that's what people use him for.
  • Options
    Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    Bahamut wrote: »
    I agree that this shouldn’t have been changed, but I don’t agree on the change making him useless. He’s still a heavy hitter.

True. But heavy hitters are common and better from now. Cap Marvel, Medusa, Angela, to mention cosmic champs
  • Options
    Ryuichi_01Ryuichi_01 Posts: 123
    I want to see his new abilities like Invisibility and Stand Still lels. Just for fun's sake hahahaha
  • Options
    txthreetxthree Posts: 32
    People were complaining about certain champs not able to block in time after evading. Before the "fix", starky, BW, ultron and other evade champs were safely blocking fast projectiles like sp2 of WS or punisher, then an evade procs and suddenly they lost their block. It is a "frame rate" issue that was "fixed" few days ago, giving these evade champs enough milliseconds to react and block after evading. Now it affects Drax's medium attack because it also behaves as an instant secondary attack.

Clearly it is a bug not a feature because there's nothing in his description that says that he bypasses evasion. And the OP judges drax as a useless champ just because he cant bypass mordo's astral evade anymore is like saying that he is not skillful enough to take mordo with any other champ. Drax's has bleeds and fury stacks. One of the top hard hitting champs. Drax is not a useless champ. For a useless player who just relies with the holy trinity, it might be.
  • Options
    Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    txthree wrote: »
    People were complaining about certain champs not able to block in time after evading. Before the "fix", starky, BW, ultron and other evade champs were safely blocking fast projectiles like sp2 of WS or punisher, then an evade procs and suddenly they lost their block. It is a "frame rate" issue that was "fixed" few days ago, giving these evade champs enough milliseconds to react and block after evading. Now it affects Drax's medium attack because it also behaves as an instant secondary attack.

Clearly it is a bug not a feature because there's nothing in his description that says that he bypasses evasion. And the OP judges drax as a useless champ just because he cant bypass mordo's astral evade anymore is like saying that he is not skillful enough to take mordo with any other champ. Drax's has bleeds and fury stacks. One of the top hard hitting champs. Drax is not a useless champ. For a useless player who just relies with the holy trinity, it might be.

Drax is not useless you are correct. My one star Spider-man isn’t useless either. I can still kill loads of stuff with my one star Spider-man.

It’s just that there’s zero reason I would ever use him in my team as he can’t do anything that most of other champs can do better. Just like my 5* Drax now.

If I wanted raw damage I would rather run my 4* Stark Spider-man or Starlord. But I don’t need to do that as my other champs are plenty strong enough. Raw damage is such a generic skill to have as your only skill, particularly when so many champs with utility have better damage!

Drax isn’t useless. He is just useless in comparison to pretty much anyone else I could put in his spot.

And it’s not just his counter to Mordo that he lost. He also lost his ability to counter Ultron, Spider-man, etc. Basically his ability to counter a huge selection of the most annoying champs in the game.

It’s not about having skill to beat them with another champ. It’s about the fact Drax has lost the only thing that gave him any purpose in my roster.

It’s equivalent to saying Wolverine without his bleeds and regen isn’t a useless champ. He isn’t. I could still clear very hard content with him. It’s just I would have no reason to ever choose to do so and even less reason to invest tier 2 alpha in him (if he was a 5*) if that were the case.

Exactly. I never said Drax became useless. But his unique way to double-hit his opponent is now gone. And it was the main reason why I ranked up 5-star version up to rank 4.

OK he still hits heavy, OK he still triggers big bleeds. But with no immunity and no special ability he's now placed in my locker next to HB and Colossus.

#RankDownTicketForDrax
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

Did you not read the part where i said specifically for drax? They are the same distance when using everyone else besides drax how is a change that is specific to him not talking about drax?

See that's where the change is really is...

Anything that auto evades is now acting very different against Drax specifically. Mordo's astral evade, spiderman, cosmic spiderman, ect. (Only one that doesn't seem to be different is NC). It over exaggerates the evade, and it triggers faster then before...
This discussion has been closed.