**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

5* Awakening Gem - To use or Not to use

Help! I have a 4* Iceman at 5/50, awakened, sig somewhere around 25. As luck would have it, shortly after taking him to 5/50... I pulled a 5* version thank I then took to rank 3. I also earned a 5* mutant awakening gem from infinity dust... which leads to my question:

Do I use the mutant 5* awakening gem on Iceman? Between generic and mutant stones, I could pump him up to somewhere around sig 100 if I did. I'm just not sure if it's worth having a r5 4* and a r3 5*, as I believe that puts them pretty close in overall health/power/etc.

Comments

• DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    WyattEarp wrote: »
    Help! I have a 4* Iceman at 5/50, awakened, sig somewhere around 25. As luck would have it, shortly after taking him to 5/50... I pulled a 5* version thank I then took to rank 3. I also earned a 5* mutant awakening gem from infinity dust... which leads to my question:

Do I use the mutant 5* awakening gem on Iceman? Between generic and mutant stones, I could pump him up to somewhere around sig 100 if I did. I'm just not sure if it's worth having a r5 4* and a r3 5*, as I believe that puts them pretty close in overall health/power/etc.

Save it for Sabretooth or Bishop. At 5* Iceman’s sig ability is only good for fighting evade champs in AW, doing legends runs (r5 max sig ability), or unavoidable damage on AW defense (r5 max sig ability). He doesn’t gain enough compared to other 5* mutant champs to be awakened.
  • Make1DavidMake1David Posts: 56
    I agree, Cyclops is the best Mutant.
  • WyattEarpWyattEarp Posts: 66

Save it for Sabretooth or Bishop. At 5* Iceman’s sig ability is only good for fighting evade champs in AW, doing legends runs (r5 max sig ability), or unavoidable damage on AW defense (r5 max sig ability). He doesn’t gain enough compared to other 5* mutant champs to be awakened.

Kind of where my thoughts were going as well. I'm sure I'd drop the awakening gem on him, then pull Archangel immediately after. Or something to that effect.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★

Unless you put him on AW Defense. Then the cold snap comes in extra handy.

Unless you put him on AW Defense. Then the cold snap comes in extra handy.

I've been putting the 4* 5/50 on defense in AW. Been using the 5* r3 for questing.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    In all seriousness I would use it on icey
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    There are worse choices than Iceman but as other enlightened players have said the best choices are Cyclops and Colossus
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    don’t listen to these clowns about Cyclops and Colossus. In reality AA probably gets the biggest boon from his sig. don’t know too much about Bishop and Sabretooth but they are most likely good options, too. Or you could use it on the unique Goldpool if you manage to get him and get the second highest prestige in game.
    V1PER1987 wrote: »
    don’t listen to these clowns about Cyclops and Colossus. In reality AA probably gets the biggest boon from his sig. don’t know too much about Bishop and Sabretooth but they are most likely good options, too. Or you could use it on the unique Goldpool if you manage to get him and get the second highest prestige in game.

@V1PER1987 - Thanks. Believe I'll just hang on to it. Would be different if I didn't just r5 that 4* version and awaken him. So frustrating you can't more easily take champs down and push the resources upwards. Kabam 101 I guess. If by the time I have resources to take 5* Iceman to r4, and I'm still sitting on the gem... I'll revisit using it.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

@V1PER1987 - Thanks. Believe I'll just hang on to it. Would be different if I didn't just r5 that 4* version and awaken him. So frustrating you can't more easily take champs down and push the resources upwards. Kabam 101 I guess. If by the time I have resources to take 5* Iceman to r4, and I'm still sitting on the gem... I'll revisit using it.

Kabam 101 is pretty much what happened to you. As soon as you invest those resources and rank up a lower tier version, you get that champ at the higher tier.
  • PellucidumPellucidum Posts: 26
    Grats on the rare 5* mutant gem. Please save for AA or Rogue.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★

Don't awaken him for rank 3. Only use a 5* awakening gem when you are ready to take to r4. Especially since you have the 4*. I wouldn't hesitate to awaken him at 4/55 though.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    Save it for Domino
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    edited June 2018

Kabam 101 is pretty much what happened to you. As soon as you invest those resources a0nd rank up a lower tier version, you get that champ at the higher tier.

For me it works backwards. I get the 4* rank to 2/20. Immediately get the 3* and wait till the level up event.
  • JC_JC_ Posts: 517 ★★★
    I have a mutant gem, and a 5 star rogue and AA...I’m saving it hoping to pull a 5 star iceman.
  • AcuTarAAcuTarA Posts: 139
    The best option is Archangel, but you will be waiting a long time before you pull a 5* one, maybe not.
    The nice thing about Iceman's Signature ability is that with auto coldsnap you will destroy oponents that evade
  • NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Save it for Domino
    A million times this
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    I would use it on Iceman if you are taking him to R4.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★

I have the same set up and no the 5* is much more powerful, just look at the stats, in menu, plus 5* has the longer lasting and its always good to have to strong characters .
  • LoPrestiLoPresti Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    I would awaken him as soon as you r4 him. At that point he's much better than your 4 star. I wouldn't use the gem on him when he's at r3 though.
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    Save the gem, Iceman doesn't need to be awakened to be a monster.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    With R4 use it for sure. For AW offense being duped makes him way stronger; instant damage, no evade and faster shield regen if you decide to L2.
  • doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Personally, I would save it for AA.
    He is a killer on offense.
    His bleed, poison, neurotoxin does huge amounts of damage.
    And when all 3 kick in, I play defensive and let the enemy slowly die.

Especially since you already have a powerful 4* Iceman.
  • EmmanuelcoastEmmanuelcoast Posts: 170
    save for when you pull motherflippin domino man, shes unreal