**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Mordo is now bugged vs Blade [Not a Bug]

Comments

• DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    So back to the Domino interaction, shouldn’t Mordo be the perfect counter to her since Mordo is immune to AA reduction? If I’m reading what @Kabam Miike said correctly. Or does her luck/unlucky not count as AA reduction? I’m confused
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Guys

Mordo
    Is
    Not
    A
    Dimensional
    Being
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Guys

Mordo
    Is
    Not
    A
    Dimensional
    Being

Can’t tell if sarcastic or genuinely don’t understand that AA reduction is part of danger sense, which with the correct synergy extends to all villains or mystics, of which mordo is both
  • Apocalypse189Apocalypse189 Posts: 1,128 ★★★
    Guys

Mordo
    Is
    Not
    A
    Dimensional
    Being

Can’t tell if sarcastic or genuinely don’t understand that AA reduction is part of danger sense, which with the correct synergy extends to all villains or mystics, of which mordo is both

Trying to remind you all but I'm well aware of the synergies.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    MSRDLD wrote: »
    Ability accuracy reduction on immune champs is a part of danger sense by that description. No sensible person could determine otherwise by that ability statement. If this is not what they intended then they need to rewrite the ability.

I will pass that along to the team. We can see if they can make it easier to understand.

I'm confused how there's something to understand. In writing it says Ability reduction is part of Danger Sense.

The same is also stated here:
    https://playcontestofchampions.com/champion-spotlight-blade/

Mordo’s astral form ensures that every ability properly activates, resisting against Ability Accuracy effects.
    •Mordo gets one bar of Power over 5 seconds, every 8 seconds. Opponents can interrupt the Power Gain when landing a hit on Mordo.

When against Dimensional Beings, Danger Sense activates and grants Blade 1053.6 Attack Rating while also reducing the opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 40%. This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings’ Immunities.

Pretty clear if you ask me. Mordo resists his danger sense.
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    @Apocalypse189
    He
    Is
    A
    Mystic
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Ability accuracy reduction on immune champs is a part of danger sense by that description. No sensible person could determine otherwise by that ability statement. If this is not what they intended then they need to rewrite the ability.

I will pass that along to the team. We can see if they can make it easier to understand.

I'm confused how there's something to understand. In writing it says Ability reduction is part of Danger Sense.

Mordo’s astral form ensures that every ability properly activates, resisting against Ability Accuracy effects.
    •Mordo gets one bar of Power over 5 seconds, every 8 seconds. Opponents can interrupt the Power Gain when landing a hit on Mordo.

When against Dimensional Beings, Danger Sense activates and grants Blade 1053.6 Attack Rating while also reducing the opponent’s Ability Accuracy by 40%. This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings’ Immunities.

How is it clear that "This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings' Immunities" is NOT a bonus from Danger Sense? It's included in the same bullet point as the rest of the description of Danger Sense and refers directly to only Danger Sense's ability accuracy reduction, which would lead players to believe it is a bonus of Danger Sense. The synergies make all Danger Sense bonuses apply to non-dimensional beings as well as long as they are either villains or mystic. Semantically speaking, Mordo's AA reduction immunity should be ignored. However, it should only ignore it IF the reduction is a bonus of Danger Sense which is unclear based on Miike's responses thus far, we're still waiting for final word from the game team.
    Grimv717 wrote: »

How is it clear that "This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings' Immunities" is NOT a bonus from Danger Sense? It's included in the same bullet point as the rest of the description of Danger Sense and refers directly to only Danger Sense's ability accuracy reduction, which would lead players to believe it is a bonus of Danger Sense. The synergies make all Danger Sense bonuses apply to non-dimensional beings as well as long as they are either villains or mystic. Semantically speaking, Mordo's AA reduction immunity should be ignored. However, it should only ignore it IF the reduction is a bonus of Danger Sense which is unclear based on Miike's responses thus far, we're still waiting for final word from the game team.

Mordo its a dimensional being.. There isn't any immunities to ignore.
  • JZ734JZ734 Posts: 95
    So if the AA reduction from danger sense is only supposed to apply to dimensional beings and isn't carried over by synergies, why does it stop juggernaut from gaining unstoppable when paired with ghost rider?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @Grimv717 gets it! Correcto.

And again, for those that don’t, (why do people keep ignoring this), it works with the mephisto/dormammu synergy expanding to mystics. If it works there, it should work when expanded to the villain synergy with GR too.

Passive:
    When against Dimensional Beings, Danger Sense activates and grants Blade 1053.6 Attack Rating while also reducing the opponent's Ability Accuracy by 40%. This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings’ Immunities.

Spirit of Justice
    Blade: Danger Sense bonuses expand to include all Villain Champions.
    Ghost Rider: +50% chance to place a Judgment.

Yes but Mordo is a villain. Can you tell me where it says in Blade's champion spotlight that "This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings’ Immunities." specifically doesn't get passed on by synergies? Danger Sense only applies to Dimensional Beings in the first place so in your very narrow field of view, Mordo doesn't activate Danger Sense in the first place. But the reality is that he does. These synergies make Danger Sense work against Villains (Mordo) and Mystic champions (Mordo) exactly the same as it does against Dimensional Beings. This means it SHOULD work by REDUCING Mordo's ability accuracy and IGNORING his immunity to it THE SAME WAY that it does against Mephisto. That is the most direct and clear way to interpret Blade's abilities if interpreted directly and literally as written.

The other champs you listed dont do what mordo does. Theybdont have AA resist in their abilities. Best cause would be to test aginst a different champ that has AA resistance and see if it works the same.
  • Grimv717Grimv717 Posts: 96

Passive:
    When against Dimensional Beings, Danger Sense activates and grants Blade 1053.6 Attack Rating while also reducing the opponent's Ability Accuracy by 40%. This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings’ Immunities.

Spirit of Justice
    Blade: Danger Sense bonuses expand to include all Villain Champions.
    Ghost Rider: +50% chance to place a Judgment.

Yes but Mordo is a villain. Can you tell me where it says in Blade's champion spotlight that "This Ability Accuracy reduction ignores Dimensional Beings’ Immunities." specifically doesn't get passed on by synergies? Danger Sense only applies to Dimensional Beings in the first place so in your very narrow field of view, Mordo doesn't activate Danger Sense in the first place. But the reality is that he does. These synergies make Danger Sense work against Villains (Mordo) and Mystic champions (Mordo) exactly the same as it does against Dimensional Beings. This means it SHOULD work by REDUCING Mordo's ability accuracy and IGNORING his immunity to it THE SAME WAY that it does against Mephisto. That is the most direct and clear way to interpret Blade's abilities if interpreted directly and literally as written.

The other champs you listed dont do what mordo does. Theybdont have AA resist in their abilities. Best cause would be to test aginst a different champ that has AA resistance and see if it works the same.

Gee if only Mordo weren't literally the only instance of this. Mordo is an easy fight with or without the ability reduction. This is more about setting a precedent for future villain/mystic champions that aren't dimensional beings and might have ability accuracy reduction immunity. From Blade's release up until the May update Danger Sense was reducing Mordo's ability accuracy and it made sense based on his abilities, nobody batted an eye at it. Then suddenly this was changed and it wasn't listed as a change to Blade, which is the whole point of this entire thread, to figure out if this is a bug or intended, and if it's intended then why weren't we better informed of Blade's abilities all this time? It was no secret that Blade reduced Mordo's ability accuracy, no players out there thought it was a bug.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    now blade isnt safe anymore? mcoc community i hope you guys are listening. we need your input!
    @Blitzkilla420
    It was gonna happen sooner or later and this is just the beginning once they are finished with blade I wonder what other champions will get their spirits broken.
  • pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    this is not right what you guys are doing there. It is clearly a silent nerf that you guys use as an excuse to change its function.

Danger sense primarily function is to turn off 40% of AA, if it doesn’t work that way, then who cares bout the bonus of just bonus damage alone is given to blade, he’s completely useless if that is true.

Just imagine all the heroes we r5 just to match his synergies all go to waste. This is rubbish if you are telling me it’s supposed to be that way after 9 months later. Complete nonsense and a huge scam move.

Another disgusting move that should be stopped!

• mydnightmydnight Posts: 671 ★★★
    Oh, btw. 3 NTs from AA also shut down his power gain......maybe they'll "fix" this too.
  • RodsteinRodstein Posts: 207
    @Kabam Miike to recap:
    1- Mordo is launched with a 90% ability reduction resistance
    2- Blade with danger sense makes immune to ability accuracy reduction, lose that immunity, provided they are dimensional beings
    2.1- The exceptuon been the synergies, since they state that danger sense extends to mystic(w/mephisto/dormammu) & villains(w/ghost rider)
    3- Phrasing changes(bc devs want to) and makes mordo oblivious to the rider's synergy
    4- You say the previous behaviour was a bug and now is fixed(which isnt bc either is still there or is not been applied correctly)
    4.1a You will delete my comment
    4.1b My conment will live
    5- (Most likely scenario they will "fix" the 2nd part of the bug, the mystic, saying all goes well now)
    6- You will deny us of any compensation, bc we are at fault of not understanding your poor phrasing and the changes made along the way, even though people saved for him and grind arena like crazy.
  • pigupompompigupompom Posts: 110
    i’m not sure if anyone noticed but danger sense against all villain has been defective. I’ve tried on MODOK and his shield will never turn off like it used to be.

is it confirmed that Blade danger sense has no effect to all non dimensional beings? seriously this is not a joke. if this is the case, blade synergy is totally a joke. If mordo can’t be turned off alone that’s fine cuz he’s immune to AA reduction, but imagine all other supposedly Villain and mystic doesn’t affect by Blade, then what is Blade now? more like R5 plastic blade!
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    I expect this to be fixed as quickly as the 1.1.5 revive spawn. Thank you.

Sorry, but I had to laugh hard at this one lol
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    Hey All,

Mordo is immune to Ability Accuracy reduction, and Blade's ability to reduce the AA of Champions immune to AA Reduction (could that be more confusing to say?) does not apply to his Synergies, only his inherent abilities. This means that since Mordo is NOT a dimensional being, he will not have his Ability Accuracy reduced by Blade's Danger Sense.

So why are they reduced for Domino????
    HEY KABAM WHAT HAVE YOU DONE I JUST USED BLADE AGAINST MEPHISTO AND MEPHISTO IS DOING WHATEVER HE LIKES I CANT STOP THE NODE ANYMORE AND I CANT STOP ANY OF HIS ABILITIES.
    Now I have no more revives.
  • Dean9300450Dean9300450 Posts: 85
    Than how is blade able to bypass bleed nodes? Without him being bleed immune
This discussion has been closed.