**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Just verifying that Domino is "working as intended"...

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Svain wrote: »
    Here’s a gif of AA dying within seconds due to Domino. atplkn0vqjhm.gif
    ThatGuy214 wrote: »
    I wonder if the AA big is a result of his ability to proc poison if the opponent is bleeding @Kabam Zibiit

His ability to apply a Poison on block would seem to be the cause to me as well. I'll ask the team and get back to you once I have more information.

They need to be bleeding to apply poison on block 25% chance per stack of bleed 🙄. This actually really worries me that even the mods don’t know the basics of a widely used champion. Nothing personal.

I get your point but I bet he's right. AA has an ability to do something with his block and it's failing..so you take damage. This is horrible.

AA is not even trying to stack poison, he can't because the chance is 0% , if that's how it's gonna be then evade champs should trigger that damage on every move because theoretically they can evade every attack (even if they don't try to)

You are exactly right and she does. Absolutely horrible design. I hate half of her abilities and love the other half. She's incredibly cheap defensively. This is what cheating looks like.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    VTA92 wrote: »
    This is incorrect. Domino would need to have a bleed on her for AA to attempt to place a poison on block. You’d think after the eruption of the community based on the last time a MOD spoke to AA’s abilities you’d all take a minute to read up on them.

Domino SHOULD need to be bleeding, but it seems pretty obvious that no one thought this through (much less tested her ability in various modes and matchups). The whales have spent a fortune to get her from fgmc and people are putting up 50+M in feature 5* arena, but they have no clue what they're actually getting because she's clearly broken.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,281 ★★★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    VTA92 wrote: »
    ThatGuy214 wrote: »
    I wonder if the AA big is a result of his ability to proc poison if the opponent is bleeding @Kabam Zibiit

His ability to apply a Poison on block would seem to be the cause to me as well. I'll ask the team and get back to you once I have more information.

This is incorrect. Domino would need to have a bleed on her for AA to attempt to place a poison on block. You’d think after the eruption of the community based on the last time a MOD spoke to AA’s abilities you’d all take a minute to read up on them.

The scarier thought is the mod could be right and since aa has the ability to poison but is currently at 0% chance because of no bleed that all blocked hits register as failed. You really can’t make this **** up but it’s possible

@Mcord117 is right. Domino doesn't need to be bleeding. It says in his description that AA has a 0% chance to inflict poison if struck whilst blocking*.

*This increases by 25% per attack of bleed. So if you aren't bleeding, it remains at zero.

So he always fails, and burns up on the energy damage.

There are other champs with abilities almost as low, like Black Widow's 3% evasion and Moon Knights 5% at New Moon. The 4% perfect block you get from Masteries...

The devs clearly know that. The only possible explanation is that this is working as intended...

Mcord117 wrote: »
    Does this mean Medusa will critical fail if hit and she doesn’t auto block regardless if she has 3 fury

Probably
    My understanding is if a champ has a chance to proc an ability then there's a chance for Domino to proc critical failure. Her chance to proc is increased the lower your champs percent chance is to proc. Someone like Starlord is going to constantly get critical failure because his chance for fury is low and then Domino decreases it further. Hulk will have similar problems because he's trying to gain fury too. So champs like Void and RR that proc no abilities will be better but still eat Dex and Parry critical failures. Honestly I think she wouldn't be bad if she didn't mess with basic mechanics and masteries, that's what I have issue with. Then there would be more counters. I know I haven't given much thought to how many champs have abilities that proc, even less thought to champs that have abilities that proc with a low percentage. Honestly I'm not to worried about facing her in war because Void is my flagship attacker and I can bring Gulk needed but still think she's broken as can be. She is going to be incredibly powerful as an attacker and if she's constantly stopping abilities people will steamroll content. After everyone has ranked her up and Kabam has made money they will Nerf her. Funny thing is Kabams past behavior has deterred me from buying her crystals because I don't want to ride that rollercoaster. If I get her great but not using units.
    Maat1985 wrote: »

I was able to get confirmation that Domino's signature ability is activating due to Archangels ability to apply Poison on block. This ability will attempt to activate on every block, but starts at a 0% chance to activate; this chance will increase for every Bleed currently on Archangel's opponent. We will pass along everyone's feedback on the matter to the rest of the team, though.

just wow!!!!! 0% chance and he fails.... wow... how can he fail when he already has no chance!!!! wow...... domino is so broken......

Well let's try to see this from their side. AA has a 25% chance when the opponent has a bleed. With no bleed he has 0% chance then Domino probably reduces that farther increasing the odds of critical failure. I'm pretty disappointed with this one honestly. If it's not possible for you to do something you shouldn't trigger this. I absolutely hate she interacts with Dex and such but I think we've just seen the tip of the iceberg. She's so new that nobody has a clue what she's supposed to do.
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★

I was able to get confirmation that Domino's signature ability is activating due to Archangels ability to apply Poison on block. This ability will attempt to activate on every block, but starts at a 0% chance to activate; this chance will increase for every Bleed currently on Archangel's opponent. We will pass along everyone's feedback on the matter to the rest of the team, though.

This is crazy. Domino is broken. I don’t say that lightly. I’m not a complainer when it comes to champ releases. However, I can’t think of a champ release that is a messed up as this one. She’s interacting with parts of the game that make her ridiculous.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★

I actually believed the user might be using the perfect block mastery and that is what is triggering the critical failure, but as you can see the first medium blocked hit in the video hits a double 0, therefore infact this is triggering off the 0% poison chance or something else, which makes no sense. This is really broken.
  • Maat1985Maat1985 Posts: 2,237 ★★★★
    well it shouldnt trigger perfect block thats for sure... that is seriously f'd up.....
  • sawe5456sawe5456 Posts: 31
    let's stop discussing Domino interaction with Archangel block

As absurd as it sounds, failing on 0% chance, that's how they program him and her

But if we blow it up, they will change Archangel mechanic or even remove his blocking chance to trigger poison on bleeding opponent, no body wants this after recent nerf

zeezee57 wrote: »

I know you're getting tagged left and right in here and so it's tough to respond to everyone, but I would really like to know, as I'm sure the rest of the posters here would agree, is this how we should expect her to stay going forward or should we expect a change (really a fix) in the near future. I get that you're basically acting as a link between us and the game team here, but you have to see how absurd this character is as currently constructed. If this is the type of character design we can expect, taking constant damage no matter what you do, you're most definitely going to see a sharp decline in the size of your player base.

another option to "fix" her.... maybe leave her able to make everything fail.... but remove the DOT the failure on parry and dex and stuff is surely enough by itself....
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★

This is crazy. Domino is broken. I don’t say this lightly. I can’t think of a champ release that is a messed up as this.

wow what a joke..... seriously someone has no chance to do anything and they fail.... wow... lol.....
  • ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    Domino god tier comfirmed at least for defense.
This discussion has been closed.