**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Drax update - His main ability is now useless

Comments

• Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★
    edited June 2018
    gohard123 wrote: »
    Lambda1 wrote: »
    No. But do you see the fact Kabam admit the Drax's specific ability with his first or not?

Pretty tired to explain to ppl who don't get game mechanics.

Lmao "people who don't understand game mechanics". You cant be serious, you cant even tell the difference between Vulture Decoy and mordo's astral evade. Vulture's Decoy is closer Hoods invisibility where attacks miss (not evaded), in vulture's case the miss is only on the first hit. It is not the same as an evade. Its always Gold 1 alliance members that think they know everything.

Once again... It's not about Mordo or Vulture. it's about how. Drax. works. That's it.

If Kabam wants to keep Mordo evading with his astral evade, fine, he's got magic powers, not a big deal. But why the [Removed by Mod] would they be changing how Drax double hits his opponent with his medium? Spidey has a chance to evade the first hit of the medium and another chance to evade the second part. Why changing that? Drax has got 6 hits in his combo so each hit would have a chance to land Spidey's face.
    Post edited by Kabam Rose on
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Mcord117 wrote: »
    I am not sure what response people are looking for. They decided randomly, that now is the time to take drax down a peg. It could be because they view domino as the next big defender in aw and drax would bypass her lucky evades but who knows. Regardless this was clearly a direct attack towards his long held known ability to bypass evade with his first medium. They have fabricated a completely false narrative about fixing frame rates. Anyone who plays drax post update knows more than this was done.

In a way they have created another bypass for evaders outside of mordo. Because they have completely altered the dash back length of an evade vs drax the ai is now completely open to a shallow intercept. I posted a video a couple post back. If you watch, when classic ultron evades, I throw an additional light attack, when he attempts to punish me after his evade he dashed so far back that when he dashed back in he is tagged by the light. Evaders can never punish drax after an evade in this way but always be mindful of their power bar

^^^^ Very well stated...

The timing of the auto-evades has been changed, some evaders have doubled their evade distance, and then intercepting immediately after the second hit would have normally landed and before the light hit in a normal attempt to combo.

There is a big difference between Drax's double hit and x23/Electra's. Drax's double hit is a single motion and significantly faster (no animation pause) then either x23 or Electra's double hit heavy. x23 and Electra's animation motion for the double hit heavy introduces a significant pause between first and second hit which is why their's would never be as reliable.

Either way, a change to the game has been made which has significantly reduced the usefulness of Drax. It doesn't matter If the change was intentional or not, it has happened and there is a lot of of us that are angry about it.

I don't want RDT, I want his usefulness restored.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    I'll leave this idea here.

Kabam: How about, previously intended or not, just make Drax's double hit work on evade and Astral evade. Just give to the community and give him the ability officially. Make the ability official and put it in his description and surprise the heck out of everyone. Why not, honestly?
    No one should be upset by this since we have all already assumed this to be working properly.
    You could use some PR. Win win.

Think about it.

My suggestion is to let his double hit work on evade champs but not on astral evade.
    Wolfe wrote: »

My suggestion is to let his double hit work on evade champs but not on astral evade.

That would be fair indeed. It would follow game mechanics and logic.
  • 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    Otter, it’s obvious that grounded wisdom/websnatcher is trolling you, and trying to hijack the thread. Just ignore him; he logs on for the sole purpose of opposing everybody. Think Gerald from south patk
    edited June 2018
    Lambda1 wrote: »
    Wolfe wrote: »

That would be fair indeed. It would follow game mechanics and logic.

I would have to go the other way...

Let it work on astral evade, but not regular evade and this why.

Astral evade Mordo is stunned, and the evade motion is started by the first hit motion, but the second has always landed before his motion is completed AND the blast fired off. In other words Mordo's astral evade is 2 step process, Drax is interrupting the second part of the 2 step process. It intercepted the second part of the evade motion.

• 0chris9999999990chris999999999 Posts: 137
    I’m done with this game. I already finished every single piece of content - except the remaining paths of LoL. After I do beta I’m out. It’s actually the best send off, doing something that will hopefully help player base. Good luck to you guys dealing with these silent nerds...oh boy
  • I ranked up my 5 Star drax to rank 4 just due to the fact that his double hit dash attack(unique ability) which was working as intended, helped fight annoying champs like mordo(countered astral evade), spidey, nightcrawler, og ultron, and black widow. He was able to help counter the evades and make the fights a little easier. Now not only does he not counter the astral evade or any kind of evade he still has the double hit, which leaves him open longer than most champs to getting hit after an evade.

Where drax is at this point he went from Demi-god tier to garbage. I want to see either fixes to drax or some kind of rank down tickets. Ranking up my drax to 5 star rank 4 is a total waste now. I would like my materials back(since they are still a decently rare items to obtain) so I can rank 4 a different champ, specifically someone that isn’t worthless to my roster anymore.

Normally I go with the changes and don’t say anything because most people that get nerfed I’m not lucky enough to get, but this time is different considering my mediocre roster just got another **** champ added to it, not only wasting my materials but wasting the time I invested into drax for him to change to garbage. He wasn’t even close to full god tier before now he sits with the trash.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    We lost

fet9utdse56z.png
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,093 ★★★
    I say if they are not going to fix drax back to where he was then we should get rdt’s. The one and only reason I r4’d my 5 star was specifically to fight mordo. Now he’s useless.
  • The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    We lost

fet9utdse56z.png

Appreciate the input and pic but with Kabam there doesn't appear to be an "official" anything. Even if they officially comment it on the forum.
    That Includes a complete "official" change log.

It isn't until the players officially discover these changes (a lot of them) that anything is even brought up. Then it is a long series backtracking and cut and paste to get to the truth.

I will give you this. It does appear that we are officially losing despite some really great points being made.

Appreciate the input and pic but with Kabam there doesn't appear to be an "official" anything. Even if they officially comment it on the forum.
    That Includes a complete "official" change log.

It isn't until the players officially discover these changes (a lot of them) that anything is even brought up. Then it is a long series backtracking and cut and paste to get to the truth.

I will give you this. It does appear that we are officially losing despite some really great points being made.

Yea at this point it's just venting our anger and frustration here. I have a feeling this thread is basically being left by the mods to wither and die along with my desire to continue to play.
  • Fausst58Fausst58 Posts: 3
    Yes this is a nerf not a bug fix. Another champ manipulated by KABAM. Once again everyone that used money and time to bring up Drax wasted. Another disappointment.
  • I don't understand nerfing old champs. If anything old champs should be updated to be more effective in the game and keep up with the newer champs. Drax's medium wasn't a glitch, nor was it something the players were exploiting. It was built in to the character, and the same goes for Karnak's heavy. This new round of nerfs (AA included) with made up excuses is exhausting. I would like some rank down tickets for this, but really I would prefer to just have my Drax back, AA too.
    #RankDownTicketForDrax
    There's an old programmers joke...

"A Feature is a bug with seniority"

Seems appropriate here
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,242 ★★★★★
    -.-
  • Woody_federWoody_feder Posts: 584 ★★
    Still no comments from a mod?? I see where a post was edited but no post left?? @Kabam Rose @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Loto I just wanna see some clarity on the mater.. Some might even call clarity transparency...
  • BarogsBarogs Posts: 59
    edited June 2018
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    We lost

fet9utdse56z.png

I would agree with you. but given a previous mod's comment on the forums that AA stunning through stun immune was "working as intended", this post by Miike doesn't mean much to me. If another mod misstated how a champ works, doesn't that mean it's possible Miike misstated this too? Be consistent across the board Kabam. But that'll never happen. All this inconsistency tells me is they make up the rules as they go, when they see fit to and call it whatever they want to call it (a bug, frame rate, exploit, etc) It's getting out of control lately, to be quite honest
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    Could anyone actually link the post or send a ss of where Kabam recommended Drax as a counter to Mordo? A lot of people have claimed that they said that and I do think I recall seeing it somewhere myself, but I can't seem to find it and the forum search engine doesn't work right.

Also on a more related note, does anyone have evidence of blade reducing mordo's ability accuracy (successfully hitting a stunned mordo, completely turning off power gain) so we can prove to Miike that blade was previously reducing mordo's accuracy? I specifically recall that blade could at least turn off the power gain
    eu8vau10r7dj.png

Happy to see that mods read this thread. So any answer planned?
This discussion has been closed.