**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Who to 2nd 5/65? Doctor Voodoo, Ghost Rider, Star Lord, Iceman (all duped)

I can rank up my 2nd r5 5 star. My options are 5 star Voodoo, Ghost Rider, Star Lord or Iceman. I already have a Blade at r5
Who to rank up and why?

Comments

• vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    I would do GR just because you invested in blade already.

Or hold out to see what is most useful in act 6 or LOL2 whenever that comes.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    I’m considering SL because I want to get serious about LOL. Something to consider if that’s on your radar.
  • TJ107TJ107 Posts: 79
    @vinniegainz Thanks! This is the type of input I was looking for. I don't think I can be patient enough to NOT rank any of these though, so one of them is definitely going up 😉
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,480 ★★★★★
    I think I would wait.

It’s not too hard to see the winds of change shifting away from the Trinity being the answer. It would be a shame to have invested some of the most sought after resources only to see Act 6 and next AQ season rife with villainy nodes, heal block, Sp1 lock, etc.

Dr. Zola
  • KennadoKennado Posts: 991 ★★★
    EvilEmpire wrote: »
    I’m considering SL because I want to get serious about LOL. Something to consider if that’s on your radar.

I came in here to tell you exactly that. If you want to have LoL and possibly LoL2 covered, Go SL. You wont regret it.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    DrZola wrote: »
    I think I would wait.

It’s not too hard to see the winds of change shifting away from the Trinity being the answer. It would be a shame to have invested some of the most sought after resources only to see Act 6 and next AQ season rife with villainy nodes, heal block, Sp1 lock, etc.

Dr. Zola

Yeah agree with this blade is another r5 option for me and I’m very hesitant because we’re already seeing a lot of new defenders and nodes that he doesn’t really work for. Having said that those champs will be very good but they won’t be the cheat code they were s1 and a lot of s2 AW.
  • oakoak Posts: 43
    Barogs wrote: »
    TJ107 wrote: »
    I can rank up my 2nd r5 5 star. My options are 5 star Voodoo, Ghost Rider, Star Lord or Iceman. I already have a Blade at r5
    Who to rank up and why?

My vote is voodoo. My 5/65 has never let me down and he can stand up to just about every defender cause of his odd combo reduction. Amazing standalone champ with so much utility. But consider also your war path when you make your choice, as war is the most important mode because of the rewards. But I do not think you will be disappointed with Voodoo at all at 5/65.

I've never been a big fan of GR. I know what he is capable of doing but I have always felt his utility requires too much work (build up judgments, have to use a heavy for regen, have to get to a special 3 to reset judgments). The damnation is awesome but you gotta get up to it lol.

From what I have read, a 5/65 SL is a waste of resources but that is pure conjecture and I cannot agree with certainty that that is true.

But I am sure you will be happy with any of them. Good luck

Great advice there ^^ Also would like to add that Iceman is triple imune and amazing for attack and defense in AW. You have great options to choose from, each of them have amazing atributes and will help you a lot in AQ, AW and LOL. I think you need to consider what is more important atm.

AW def. Iceman
    AW attack - all will serve you well depending on the paths you take
    AQ map6 - Voodoo over any other imo
    LOL - SL is still a monster to me. Blade is awesome but you will have to deal with longer fights than with SL
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    Wait for a god tier champion to come in arena ,and then just do it .
    Else if you have maxed md go with doc voodoo
    If you don't like above suggestion go for iceman.
    I think Gr is sufficient on r4.
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    GR, the trinity is still the best AW team in MCOC.
  • belli300belli300 Posts: 704 ★★★
    Gr you always want blade with gr and since blade is your top champ makes sense to have his number 1 team mate get ranked up too
  • Gr the trinity is one of the best synergys
    GR, the trinity is still the best AW team in MCOC.

true but voodoo has awesome utillity and special features like poison and power drains great for /aw attack
  • TJ107 wrote: »
    Who to rank up and why?

Voodoo
  • Hit_me_TwiceHit_me_Twice Posts: 36
    Iceman in die of all these Biohazard Points that surely will come in Future
  • ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    I wouldn't do Iceman, Emma Frost is literally the new and improved version of Iceman. Dr Voodoo, if you love playing him go with him. He's an amazing champ just not for me. SL could be a solid option, regardless of what anyone says he has massive damage in long fights. the only thing is that in act 6 and LOL2 you would have to expect more buffs to the defenders, and that's where SL isn't useful. GR is great just his damage output needs to be pushed up. He doesn't need to be r5 at all. Blade and Stark yeah great options but GR not in my opinion. If I were you I'd wait for Corvus, Medusa, Domino, Void, etc. Just could really serve you better in the long run.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited October 2018
    Voodoo because:

- 4/55 SL is plenty for LOL unless you're terrible at keeping combos
    - Ghost Rider is best for questing, you already have 5/65 Blade for that
    - Iceman is very much worth r5 but he doesn't gain as much as Voodoo when maxed

The Holy Trinity's reign is over, they're a solid team but the Unholy Trinity and Infinity Trinity outshine them in high tier AW. Mystic defenders are placed much less on AW defense and the MD mastery's effectiveness for AW defenders has been halved.

Voodoo's ability accuracy reduction and power burn make him a solid option for nearly every AW node/defender combination. You can't say that about the Holy Trinity, they struggle against debuff immune defenders like IMIW, all or nothing defenders like Hyperion, and Korg everywhere. Their versatility will be further exploited if Kabam adds more "Aspect of...." nodes to AW, while Voodoo's versatility will be further showcased because of how well he mixes power control with intercepting.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Voodoo = trash for LOL
    Ghost Rider = another pile of trash for long fights and LOL
    Iceman= ok for LOL but fights will be 800 hits.

Star Lord= best choice ever for LOL. LOL is you priority so do SL. Do not believe the people telling you a 4/55 is enough because you wont have room to use utility or high proficiency block team for unlimited Parries. Trust me on this. I got LOL 100 percent done with 5/65 SL and some path costed me 3000, the harder ones 4000. 100 percent cost of less than 20,000 units for the 7 paths and I am not the best player or even top. I am average.