Domino Mercs

1234568

Comments

  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    So you’re upset because she has the same Buffs as all the other bosses but her abilities scaled up are more significant than the others?

    Addendum: this is further compounded because you haven’t learned to counter her yet… no?

    Take some low champs into master or uncollected and get good at fighting her. Aside from the energy it’s good training
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,777 ★★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Take some low champs into master or uncollected and get good at fighting her. Aside from the energy it’s good training

    This is one of the best ways to improve your skills in MCOC. Don't use items and you're forced to improve against stronger champs when you have no room for error.
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 44
    @GroundedWisdom I'd think you would have foresaw how this thread would go - and tbh, a lot of it is deserved (not all). Your issue, as you see it, wasn't in the champ itself, as you say, but (more or less) the final product. Fine. I'll concur. Domino is the hardest boss I've faced in Merc Missions, but aside from the first time facing her (still haven't explored any EQ) I haven't had the problems that you did.

    Work on your intercepting, learn to evade her specials. I deal with the CF, and try to choose a champ that doesn't rely on buffs and limit parry unless I have no choice. I think that's why so many are saying Vision works perfectly for her. At this point, we have had enough missions that you should have a strategy to deal with her. I haven't lost a champ in a few times (although she obviously gets her damage in) and I haven't lost almost my full team to her since the very first mission. Even though "git gud" seems rude and out of touch, it honestly is the correct answer. At least, if you're okay with the character and her design. I personally think she's a flawed character, but I haven't had to use a single consumable on these modes and I'm honestly usually done with all 4 in about 10 minutes.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    Why is it everytime someone comments on the degree of challenge, people jump in with the same response about getting better? That's not really adding anything constructive.

    (In my best Jon Lovitz voice) Pot...meet kettle.
  • PureRage13PureRage13 Posts: 164
    For the record, I somewhat agree. I think her design is BS. But, I found the uncollected version much easier than the heavily buffed adventure assignment or merc mission versions and I have been able to one shot her with the right champs (mostly Angela).
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    Oh @GroundedWisdom not to bother you but I’ve found her:
    Sp1 is almost identical to Gwenpool’s Sp2

    Her Sp2 is a dead ringer for Taskmaster’s Sp1


    And her projectile basic seem to be based off Yondu if not for allowing all 3 lights to be projectile and not just the 1st and 3rd. Meaning she is parried by parrying her dash or intercepting, both fine choices.

    (All theee should be easy to learn if you “practice, practic, practice” no?)

    After that, taking Vision or perhaps Rocket Raccoon should make fighting her much easier. Or perhaps a niche pick lick DocOck or Vulture? Punisher 2099 is all business without any random chance abilities too (and as a plus his special attacks either increase his attack or lower he armor making her much easier to take down). Once these are accommodated she is just another champ ready for the smack down from an undoubtably gifted summoner like yourself.

    I hope this advice proves beneficial in your endeavors against this detailed and powerful champion. Ciao ✌️
  • Spurgeo14Spurgeo14 Posts: 1,145 ★★★
    Not all events are made for all players. If you can't do the hardest difficulty try the easier paths to hone your skills. More time on the game and less on the forums would work wonders on everyone's lives.
    😂😂😂
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    It was a very simple question, people. Do you feel the same or not?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    That's not what I said at all. I said what I thought. There's no other interpretation. I have no issues with strong Champs. I didn't say she's too strong. I said she is adding a challenge level that is noticeably more than the other Bosses, and it feels not worth the Rewards, and not scaled. That's about it. If you want to put words in my mouth and make your own interpretations, that's up to you.
  • SnakeDocSnakeDoc Posts: 32
    All of you saying you have no trouble against her prove it. I don’t ever defend “grounded wisdom” aka websnatcher lol but she sucks.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    SnakeDoc wrote: »
    All of you saying you have no trouble against her prove it. I don’t ever defend “grounded wisdom” aka websnatcher lol but she sucks.

    I’ll prove it by stating I haven’t spent any units or Revives on her.

    But I will also admit she sucks and is a horrible broken cash grab from Kabam. The fact she counters masteries is BS.

    But Grounded Snatch(er) opened this bag of worms on himself. He talks the talk but can’t walk the walk.

    Where were you GW when Icephonix was release? Oh that was ok was it? 15k+ unavoidable damage on uncollected was OP, but you don’t know about that since you haven’t danced with the Collector.

    You can’t have it both ways, stating she is fine as a champion but also complaining about her on nodes.

    And all of the Assassin and Merc quests are not worth the rewards. Heck most aren’t even worth the time and energy spent on them.
  • SnakeDocSnakeDoc Posts: 32
    I didn’t spend any units either but my 4/55 SL died only because he didn’t proc fury. That’s just insane.
  • SnakeDocSnakeDoc Posts: 32
    Someone’s feelings are hurt
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Saying you have no problem with the other bosses is like saying I have no problem fighting DD but I think Medusa.. modok.. km needs to be ramped down.. Yeah she’s tougher than the easy bosses.. some are harder than others and newer champs are trickier since you’re not used to them. That being said it takes me one champ to take her down, 2 if I mess up. All 5 down, does seem to indicate there’s some skill or champion rank/level that are the issues... uncollected event bosses range in difficulty. Gold pool is a cake walk.. thanos.. Ice Phoenix were tougher. If you enter and the boss is domino then skip that one. I personally think she’s not that difficult.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 20,472 ★★★★★
    I'm not engaging with the childish personal comments in this Thread. It's abusive and inappropriate, and that was not the purpose of opening it. If you want to discuss the topic I posted, that's fine. I have no issues discussing it in a respectful way. If you want to tell me to just get better, ignoring what I brought up, or you want to monopolize some sort of opportunity to make it about me as a person, keep it to yourself because I can't be bothered. Period.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    Anyone else have anything constructive to add?

    Acting self righteous isn’t going to get you anywhere.

    How do I get the notifications for this post turned off? I’m tired of seeing this trolls drivel pop up in my browser.
  • _ASDF__ASDF_ Posts: 1,145 ★★★★
    I'm not engaging with the childish personal comments in this Thread. It's abusive and inappropriate, and that was not the purpose of opening it. If you want to discuss the topic I posted, that's fine. I have no issues discussing it in a respectful way. If you want to tell me to just get better, ignoring what I brought up, or you want to monopolize some sort of opportunity to make it about me as a person, keep it to yourself because I can't be bothered. Period.

    More gas lighting. Seriously. Are you unfamiliar with the term?
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    GroundedWisdom: everyone has adapted and found ways around Domino. She might be annoying but no one else thinks SHE is the reason the rewards aren’t worth it.

    If you use a tech champ you can treat her like Yondu and she goes down easy. Are the Assassin Assignments worth the trouble of fighting a Domino boss? No. The Assassin Assignments aren’t worth the energy period but she’s still not bad. In the Mercenary Mission however she just feels harder because she’s new, fast, and has defender heavy abilities that are daunting at first and has noded double immunity.

    But using Star Lord or any tech champ I mentioned earlier you can treat her like a Yondu and dispatch her easily.
  • SnizzbarSnizzbar Posts: 1,263 ★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    If you can't do it then your not ready. I breeze through them.

    This was the second post in the thread. Ignore the other nine pages mocking you, and take this on board. It contains all the advice you'll ever need regarding Domino.
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,267 ★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    GroundedWisdom: everyone has adapted and found ways around Domino. She might be annoying but no one else thinks SHE is the reason the rewards aren’t worth it.

    If you use a tech champ you can treat her like Yondu and she goes down easy. Are the Assassin Assignments worth the trouble of fighting a Domino boss? No. The Assassin Assignments aren’t worth the energy period but she’s still not bad. In the Mercenary Mission however she just feels harder because she’s new, fast, and has defender heavy abilities that are daunting at first and has noded double immunity.

    But using Star Lord or any tech champ I mentioned earlier you can treat her like a Yondu and dispatch her easily.

    As much as I appreciate the suggestions, I wasn't asking for advice on how to beat her.
    I asked if people felt the same way about her in Assignments that I did. I find she's much more challenging than any other Boss. That makes it feel disproportionate to me. I'm capable of trying ways, and I could always ask for advice on here. That wasn't the point of the Thread. I really mean no disrespect in saying that. I just wasn't looking for ideas. Somehow everyone jumps in, assumes I'm unskilled or don't know how to fight her, and then proceed to tell me how to improve. Not what I asked. Do you find the degree of difficulty with her is more than the other Bosses, to the point that the Rewards don't feel worth it? You don't agree, so that's fine. That was really all I was asking.

    Out of curiosity, can you tell me any other kabam event where they changed the rewards for the identical event but for a different boss?

    The whole premise underlying your thread is borderline nonsensical and it really comes down to the fact that domino is a bs cash grab champ but you can’t find it in yourself to criticize a decision kabam has made, so you have contorted yourself into this bizarre position where she is (1) way harder than the other bosses, but (2) it’s not bc she’s overly difficult or broken
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,017 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    I'm not engaging with the childish personal comments in this Thread. It's abusive and inappropriate, and that was not the purpose of opening it. If you want to discuss the topic I posted, that's fine. I have no issues discussing it in a respectful way. If you want to tell me to just get better, ignoring what I brought up, or you want to monopolize some sort of opportunity to make it about me as a person, keep it to yourself because I can't be bothered. Period.

    More gas lighting. Seriously. Are you unfamiliar with the term?

    For all intensive purposes, no he does not.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254
    Sounds like someone doesn't like it when he gets him comeuppance.
  • DaddyDDaddyD Posts: 75
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    GroundedWisdom: everyone has adapted and found ways around Domino. She might be annoying but no one else thinks SHE is the reason the rewards aren’t worth it.

    If you use a tech champ you can treat her like Yondu and she goes down easy. Are the Assassin Assignments worth the trouble of fighting a Domino boss? No. The Assassin Assignments aren’t worth the energy period but she’s still not bad. In the Mercenary Mission however she just feels harder because she’s new, fast, and has defender heavy abilities that are daunting at first and has noded double immunity.

    But using Star Lord or any tech champ I mentioned earlier you can treat her like a Yondu and dispatch her easily.

    As much as I appreciate the suggestions, I wasn't asking for advice on how to beat her.
    I asked if people felt the same way about her in Assignments that I did. I find she's much more challenging than any other Boss. That makes it feel disproportionate to me. I'm capable of trying ways, and I could always ask for advice on here. That wasn't the point of the Thread. I really mean no disrespect in saying that. I just wasn't looking for ideas. Somehow everyone jumps in, assumes I'm unskilled or don't know how to fight her, and then proceed to tell me how to improve. Not what I asked. Do you find the degree of difficulty with her is more than the other Bosses, to the point that the Rewards don't feel worth it? You don't agree, so that's fine. That was really all I was asking.

    Have you beat the collector yet?

  • JRock808JRock808 Posts: 1,149 ★★★★
    I’ve not used a single item on any domino, although she has killed a champ or two in Merc Missions with a stronger linked node buff,

    The biggest problem is an r4 starlord can play perfectly and end the fight 50 hits to 0 yet be at 50% without blocking an inordinate amount.

    But she’s not that bad really. Learn how you can parry her, and when. Bait heavies, easy to punish.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom

    I’m telling you that if you use a tech champ she’s basically just Yondu. Yondu is easy to kill. A little patience goes a long way
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,267 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    JRock808 wrote: »
    I’ve not used a single item on any domino, although she has killed a champ or two in Merc Missions with a stronger linked node buff,

    The biggest problem is an r4 starlord can play perfectly and end the fight 50 hits to 0 yet be at 50% without blocking an inordinate amount.

    But she’s not that bad really. Learn how you can parry her, and when. Bait heavies, easy to punish.

    Would love to know when to parry her. Any input? Most of my parries just get ignored
This discussion has been closed.