**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW seasons - Should punishments be more SEVERE ?

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
Aw season just need to dish out harder and more severe punishments.

Most people jump ship wich in this case a lot of alliances did after they got hit for cheating. Sure there was a lot of allainces piloting chasing rewards but they can easily get into other alliances.

I seen it all from alliance disbanding mid season, to alliance moving to another alliance, ever since only alliances that have been getting hit a lot of people left and tried to join other alliances...even the cheaters

why not punish the alliance and message the player who was responsible saying "you" cheated and kabam will need to punish that individual harshly like taking away that person eligibly to play in seasons. Why would they continue to play in a plat 1 alliance if they cannot get any rewards because that 1 person got caught?

because if 1 person can bring the entire alliance down, why not bring that 1 person down aswel?

1. cheating is cheating even if its 1 person, just like getting caught cheating on test 1 time is cheating, stealing 1 time from the store is stealing. 1 crime is 1 crime....and even a more severe "example" case 1 murder Is still 1 murder. You getting caught will be on your record.

2. alliance will take a hit for sure, but if that 1 person gets hit and get severely punished why would they stay for the rewards if it was literally stripped away from them?

3. just like u inputed the function where we can see if someone is online, why not give that person a symbol saying that person cheated. so we all know they did something bad.

the cheating person can easily leave the alliance and hop into another alliance showing off his roster/skills/prestige etc to get into an alliance. But if people knew if that person has a track record of cheating then people will passup on cheaters altogether.

Another example is people saying they don't know who the cheater is from the alliance, that person needs to be taged on the profile it will prevent that person from trying to join an alliance and make that person think of what they did to a more harsher degree.

SO many people was trying to get into the june 15th cutoff. only reasonable if we know the kind of people we are recruiting.

I know any master/plat/ and even gold alliance would not want to bring a cheater if they know that person is a "cheater" trying to join there alliance

Comments

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    I didn't say I would want to bring them in my Ally. However, branding them is not appropriate either.

LOL and how would u know if they cheated and join ur allaince? they can easily say they never broke the rules and easily lie,

When you don't even know what they did or past action don't against them?
    sure and every alliance who got hit by kabam said they didn't pilot, obviously didn't pilot, they just moving to another alliance.

go look at the top 50 war rating allainces and see how many fallen alliances are there that people abandoned.

also go even check the alliances that was masters in season 1, and see how many of the same ones are in masters this season. obviously theres way to many of them to track and not everyone can keep track of them and people also do name changes to escape what they have done also.

There was a person in an alliance who single handedly knew he was going to get kick and he was an officer, he booted almost half the alliance, and left the alliance, then changed his name, we know his new name

only matter of time till he can change it again to escape.

• AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Agree 100% on everything you said op
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam will never brand a player with a cheater tag as that is a huge contradiction to their privacy policy.

The best you can probably hope for is something like an opt in or opt out of AW button that individual players control and that Kabam can change to opt out for a set period of time due to violations of the ToS. This would give the aire of maintaining privacy while preventing cheaters from placing other alliances at risk while also punishing offenders for a season.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Put bars in their summoner profile like Kabam does to players on the forum
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    They do handle the forums very differently. I wonder why.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    edited June 2018
    Put bars in their summoner profile like Kabam does to players on the forum

Yeah I agree and we wouldnt know how they violated TOS. But if i said ive taken the time to read their privacy policy i would be lying.
  • Reaper213Reaper213 Posts: 167
    If you pilot in aw or use a mod to hack and cheat you should be permanently banned.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    It’s easy to say “all cheaters should be banned from game and season” but it needs to be looked at from a developer and player perspective. First off, what are you constituting a cheater as? There are many forms of cheating, some more severe than others. In my opinion, any hacking/mods must be the most severe form, followed by account piloting, followed by search manipulation. I might be missing others too. Believe it or not, the current punishment of war points being docked and war rating reduction is quite significant already and no slap on the wrist. Season 1 is long over, the amount of piloting has gone way down. There are not AS many cheaters as people here speculate. If an alliance gets caught, they’re not going to do the same thing twice (unless they’re stupid). We’re still waiting to here from Kabam’s word on 2* wars. Maybe they investigated and found way too many cases for them to know how to proceed. Whatever they do, I just want them to be consistent.

But Kabam’s policy is to not even disclose to alliance leaders which players were found in violation (probably cause they don’t want alliances to know how accounts were caught). If they don’t want to disclose that, they for sure won’t go forward with a cheater label. If an alliance is caught in search manipulation, do you punish every single player in that alliance even if they weren't involved? Season rewards are the best rewards you can get in the game. Kabam put this huge prize infront of everyone before fixing the flawed system it was going into. If an alliance cheats for 1 war, they get points docked for that war. If they cheat again they get docked again. The biggest gap right now is how to compensate alliances who have been cheated against, and there’s no simple answer to that problem.
    I don't think they should be perma banned from the game. Should they receive a harsher punishment than just moving to a different alliance and doing the same stuff? Yes, absolutely.

I think anyone person caught cheating should receive 1 week ban and be removed from his alliance by Kabam.

I think any alliance caught cheating should be unable to queue for AW for 1 week. Any member of this alliance should be unable to qualify for rewards in any new alliance for the remainder of that season or 2 weeks whichever is longer.
    Riegel wrote: »
    I think anyone person caught cheating should receive 1 week ban and be removed from his alliance by Kabam.

I think any alliance caught cheating should be unable to queue for AW for 1 week. Any member of this alliance should be unable to qualify for rewards in any new alliance for the remainder of that season or 2 weeks whichever is longer.

Really like these ideas. AW Seasons is more of a comedy than a competition when players are able to jump ship for piloting, then jump ship again because their team of pilots/piloted accounts can't hang in tier 1 playing fairly, and then jump ship again with 5+ wars remaining to still get master tier rank rewards.
  • The issue is that most, if not all, penalties have come with enough time for a player or entire alliance to jump ship and receive full season rewards in a new alliance.
  • VoltolosVoltolos Posts: 1,120 ★★★
    I don't think they should be perma banned from the game. Should they receive a harsher punishment than just moving to a different alliance and doing the same stuff? Yes, absolutely.

This is a bad idea, my alliance has been punished because one of our guys cheated, but we didn't know about it. So if we'd lose an entire week of rewards bacause of something we can't control then thats unfair
    edited June 2018
    Voltolos wrote: »

This is a bad idea, my alliance has been punished because one of our guys cheated, but we didn't know about it. So if we'd lose an entire week of rewards bacause of something we can't control then thats unfair

thats why my entire post said, we NEED to know who broke the rules. sad to see ur entire allaince punished but that should come with it if u house...a person who broke the rules...

BUT...if u knew this guy had some sort of way to tell u....he is a cheater. wouild u let him in your allaince the first place if it shows u that this guy is a cheater ? prob not!

(this is the whole reason of my post so that PEOPLE like this...dont go to allaince and MESS everything up..) if i knew someone was cheater and trying to join my allaince i WOULD not let them in!
    edited June 2018

Implementing more severe punishments during the AW Seasons offseason could make it clear that cheating will no longer be tolerated without unfairly punishing alliances when AW rewards matter the most
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    It’s easy to say “all cheaters should be banned from game and season” but it needs to be looked at from a developer and player perspective. First off, what are you constituting a cheater as? There are many forms of cheating, some more severe than others. In my opinion, any hacking/mods must be the most severe form, followed by account piloting, followed by search manipulation. I might be missing others too. Believe it or not, the current punishment of war points being docked and war rating reduction is quite significant already and no slap on the wrist. Season 1 is long over, the amount of piloting has gone way down. There are not AS many cheaters as people here speculate. If an alliance gets caught, they’re not going to do the same thing twice (unless they’re stupid). We’re still waiting to here from Kabam’s word on 2* wars. Maybe they investigated and found way too many cases for them to know how to proceed. Whatever they do, I just want them to be consistent.

But Kabam’s policy is to not even disclose to alliance leaders which players were found in violation (probably cause they don’t want alliances to know how accounts were caught). If they don’t want to disclose that, they for sure won’t go forward with a cheater label. If an alliance is caught in search manipulation, do you punish every single player in that alliance even if they weren't involved? Season rewards are the best rewards you can get in the game. Kabam put this huge prize infront of everyone before fixing the flawed system it was going into. If an alliance cheats for 1 war, they get points docked for that war. If they cheat again they get docked again. The biggest gap right now is how to compensate alliances who have been cheated against, and there’s no simple answer to that problem.

Playing down cheating in the game I see. I smell a tag incoming.

This would only affect the person in your case and not the alliance as a whole. What I want is for individuals to get removed from their alliance so an alliance can know who to replace. This way an alliance can make sure they arent unknowingly cheating every war.
    Well these guys picked a bad time to cheat then. It is no ones fault bu their own.

thats why my entire post said, we NEED to know who broke the rules. sad to see ur entire allaince punished but that should come with it if u house...a person who broke the rules...

BUT...if u knew this guy had some sort of way to tell u....he is a cheater. wouild u let him in your allaince the first place if it shows u that this guy is a cheater ? prob not!

(this is the whole reason of my post so that PEOPLE like this...dont go to allaince and MESS everything up..) if i knew someone was cheater and trying to join my allaince i WOULD not let them in!

They already said they will never tell you. IMO the best solution for individual cheating is being removed from the alliance. If the cheater remains in the alliance then that alliance may be punished again.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    edited June 2018

This would only affect the person in your case and not the alliance as a whole. What I want is for individuals to get removed from their alliance so an alliance can know who to replace. This way an alliance can make sure they arent unknowingly cheating every war.

this i would agree with have the individuals removed take away the war rating from the alliance war that was affected and make it so the person who cheated can't join another war for a week

if the individual keeps doing to perms ban from wars

this way u can keep alliances from mass cheating by punishing them but also this gives them the chance to not cheat and play legit
    Exactly!
    Well these guys picked a bad time to cheat then. It is no ones fault bu their own.

They already said they will never tell you. IMO the best solution for individual cheating is being removed from the alliance. If the cheater remains in the alliance then that alliance may be punished again.

how will u find the cheater?
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★

how will u find the cheater?

if the guy is removed from the alliance not by a officer or leader then that is a good sign