**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Upcoming Changes, Game Meta and rank up offers

Its come to my attention that there is a movement where a group of players will be choosing to do something else on a particular date other than log in to MCOC, if this is the case, can Kabam please release a one day arena so I can have an increased chance to get said feature champion, better yet, make it so that by achieving all milestones in said arena that all players get the feature.

Game Meta, what does that even mean? does this mean those who spend and those who don't? Please clarify

I need more rank up offers, since my previous account was banned I've been trying to play catch up, I"m almost there, please give us more rank up offers so I can buy them all.

Thanks

Comments

• MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    Its come to my attention that there is a movement where a group of players will be choosing to do something else on a particular date other than log in to MCOC, if this is the case, can Kabam please release a one day arena so I can have an increased chance to get said feature champion, better yet, make it so that by achieving all milestones in said arena that all players get the feature.

Game Meta, what does that even mean? does this mean those who spend and those who don't? Please clarify

I need more rank up offers, since my previous account was banned I've been trying to play catch up, I"m almost there, please give us more rank up offers so I can buy them all.

Thanks

Game Meta refers to the current state of the game and defines everything that "is."

What works and what doesn't.
    Who are good champs and who are bad champs.
    What are good rewards and what are bad rewards.
    What are good deals and what are bad deals.

An instance of a negative change to the Meta is Kabam keeping us in a state of limbo as to the nature of alliance wars.

An example of a change to the Meta that is 100% needed is a buff to rewards across all aspects of the game (Gold, catalysts, etc.) The rewards we get from arena, AQ, AW, solo quests, and solo content are objectively not as useful to most players as they were a year ago and a year before that.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    META= Most Effective Team Available
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    MC1111111 wrote: »
    Game Meta refers to the current state of the game and defines everything that "is."

Actually, as used in the context of video games, the "meta" refers to the metagaming situation of the game. Metagaming describes the tactics and fundamental approaches the players use to play the game that are not encapsulated within the rules or implementation of the game.

For example, the game specifies the scoring system for alliance war. But the strategy of placing a maximally diverse defense, or a maximal strength defense, or a hybrid defense, are metagaming strategies. When the players were saving up shards to go for Blade in the last featured 5* crystal, they were employing a metagaming strategy.
  • MC1111111MC1111111 Posts: 88
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    MC1111111 wrote: »

Actually, as used in the context of video games, the "meta" refers to the metagaming situation of the game. Metagaming describes the tactics and fundamental approaches the players use to play the game that are not encapsulated within the rules or implementation of the game.

For example, the game specifies the scoring system for alliance war. But the strategy of placing a maximally diverse defense, or a maximal strength defense, or a hybrid defense, are metagaming strategies. When the players were saving up shards to go for Blade in the last featured 5* crystal, they were employing a metagaming strategy.

Metagaming is really it's own term. Meta in the context of gaming =/ metagaming necessarily.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Thanks for all your replies regarding the clarification of the term "META", I think I understand now....well, I get the idea.

Kabam: any word on this one day arena or has this since changed now that Defender Diversity is now back on?

Also, as an Idea, maybe consider rolling out lots and lots of changes at once and just accidentally remove Defender Diversity, claim that it was a mistake and take 6 months to fix it?