**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

LAUNCHING JULY 15: Peak Milestones and Alliance Quests Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,033 ★★★★★
    So dont understand peak milstion and rank rewards. But how im understand it we get rekt of greter glory cystal with a smail amute. Tier4c fregement cystal. The pich is so cunfuseing
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    What other events will you introduce peak milestones in? Like 3 day events? or solo events?
  • ctp1223ctp1223 Posts: 290
    botonox03 wrote: »
    Will there be any changes to map 6 in terms of rewards for completion (will there be return of battle chips and gold as in quests such as map 5)?

Also, will there be a cap on the amount of glory one can accrue over a number of alliance quests? If so, what will that be?

We don't have any plans to adjust the rewards for completion of Map 6 right now, but this is something that I will talk to the team about for our next season, as we are working on that right now.

There is a cap for Glory that has not changed since it was introduced, which is 15,000

Are you sure of that cap? I thought it was 10k. I think I may have capped out once at 10k.

And what was the reason behind giving rewards after the event? I know you are giving more, but what is the reason? Is it to make AW harder? This is where we need your communication.
    Further, we need to have a supply a glory to circumvent the loss in glory over the course of the AQ cycle. Otherwise you would have to spend at a higher cost at the end of the week.
  • Gustafah88Gustafah88 Posts: 62
    No more Glory Crystals and Great Glory Crystals from the Ranked rewards? or just not listed?
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    DroidDoes wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

We've just posted an Announcement on an exciting new feature coming to The Contest next week! Find out what you need to know about Peak Milestones in our post here, and then ask your questions!

So to confirm, we won’t get any rewards until the event ends? So for AQ for example, we’re not getting any glory or map crystals day by day anymore?

Also can you show some examples of non-AQ related events with peak milestones?

This is correct. While you won't be collecting small rewards along the way anymore, you will get a much bigger payout at the end of the event.

I will talk to the team about getting some Non-Alliance Quest examples, because we do have some of those coming too.

This is a great change Miike. I knew those memes about you were wrong ;) The Alliance Event changes are even more exciting as they haven't been updated since I have played the game. I would love to know the timeline on these. 1 day or 3 days events or both?
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    @Kabam Miike Not sure if it has been addressed but I am guessing you must be in the alliance when AQ ends to get all the milestone awards that are accumulated?
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    edited June 2018
    Kindly address the issue about problem it will arise for the players who had to move to another ally or intentionally get kicked in between the AQ, what about them, will they be getting the rewards to which they obviously contributed too or with the kicked message or they get nothing? @Kabam Miike
    I can see it will be a total bummer
  • Fml....you folks there at HQ really do a stellar job of continuously making the game less enjoyable to play

Increase the difficulty, make the rewards a waiting game...and deal w it for another 3-4 months?....yeah...no
    Somebody in here said it best, the first week might be a bit harder (that first week is during the off season, and there's still an Alliance Quest series before this takes effect), but after that, if you budget your Glory throughout the week, this will result in you having more Glory, still being able to buy the Alliance Potions, and then maybe some other materials as well!

Can you send us some glory so it isn't "difficult" on the first week. Just through in game mail or something? or perhaps half cost the glory for this week? We have about 50 minutes until AQ starts.
  • ctp1223 wrote: »
    Somebody in here said it best, the first week might be a bit harder (that first week is during the off season, and there's still an Alliance Quest series before this takes effect), but after that, if you budget your Glory throughout the week, this will result in you having more Glory, still being able to buy the Alliance Potions, and then maybe some other materials as well!

Can you send us some glory so it isn't "difficult" on the first week. Just through in game mail or something? or perhaps half cost the glory for this week? We have about 50 minutes until AQ starts.

Oh, this week isn't when the changes take place. These will take effect NEXT series, the one that starts on July 7th.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,374 ★★★★★
    Did you triple check the other guy's comment?
    ctp1223 wrote: »

Oh, this week isn't when the changes take place. These will take effect NEXT series, the one that starts on July 7th.

I know... lol. You missed my point. You said the first week of this is going to be "difficult" since we won't get glory until AQ is over. So since it is going to be "difficult", can you circumvent that difficulty by supplying us now with the resources we need such as a straight injection of glory, or perhaps half cost to the glory store.

You should probably leave a recommendation that we should save some glory for next week in the announcement thread. Or at least leave a disclaimer that the first week will be "difficult"
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

We've just posted an Announcement on an exciting new feature coming to The Contest next week! Find out what you need to know about Peak Milestones in our post here, and then ask your questions!

So to confirm, we won’t get any rewards until the event ends? So for AQ for example, we’re not getting any glory or map crystals day by day anymore?

This is correct. While you won't be collecting small rewards along the way anymore, you will get a much bigger payout at the end of the event.

I will talk to the team about getting some Non-Alliance Quest examples, because we do have some of those coming too.

I guess I'm a little confused as why you would take this away. By taking milestones away(in regards to alliance quest) you take away glory you get throughout the week. I'm curious as to why and how you thought this would benefit players?

The primary benefit in the context of AQ is reward appropriateness. In the old system when the game gave out rewards like crystals, it had to decide what to give you at milestone one before knowing how many milestones your alliance would actually reach. But the appropriate reward to give an alliance that reaches 30 million isn't the same as the appropriate reward to give to an alliance that ultimately reaches 120 million. In the past, the game had to give everyone the same reward at 30 million due to the way milestones work. Now, the game can decide what to give a 120 million alliance completely independently from what it decides to give a 30 million alliance.

@Kabam Miike this advantage seems to mostly make sense with non-currency rewards. Would it not be better if Kabam continues to offer glory as normal milestones, and only shift the non-fungible rewards (i.e. crystals) into the peak milestone system? This is always possible, because the glory rewards can always be broken down by individual milestone to add up to the correct vallue: the amount of rewards the game hands out would be exactly identical either way.
  • DNA3000 wrote: »
    Ascoop24 wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

I guess I'm a little confused as why you would take this away. By taking milestones away(in regards to alliance quest) you take away glory you get throughout the week. I'm curious as to why and how you thought this would benefit players?

The primary benefit in the context of AQ is reward appropriateness. In the old system when the game gave out rewards like crystals, it had to decide what to give you at milestone one before knowing how many milestones your alliance would actually reach. But the appropriate reward to give an alliance that reaches 30 million isn't the same as the appropriate reward to give to an alliance that ultimately reaches 120 million. In the past, the game had to give everyone the same reward at 30 million due to the way milestones work. Now, the game can decide what to give a 120 million alliance completely independently from what it decides to give a 30 million alliance.

@Kabam Miike this advantage seems to mostly make sense with non-currency rewards. Would it not be better if Kabam continues to offer glory as normal milestones, and only shift the non-fungible rewards (i.e. crystals) into the peak milestone system? This is always possible, because the glory rewards can always be broken down by individual milestone to add up to the correct vallue: the amount of rewards the game hands out would be exactly identical either way.

Unfortunately, this just isn't possible in game at this time. We can't have both Peak Milestones and Regular Milestones in one event simultaneously, but I will pass this on to the team as well.
  • InfantryInfantry Posts: 110
    Our alliance walks away with 24 map 5 crystals at the end of aq and if I'm reading this right we will only get 9 now which gives t4b and t4cc I don't see how this is a better rewards system
  • GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    So I have a question if we want T1A we can't get it anymore through map3 because even with a full map3 week we make 10mil it means map4 and map5 crystal. IS THAT RIGHT?
  • Earth_Rick_c137Earth_Rick_c137 Posts: 147
    @kabam
    Will we still be receiving crystals, gold, and chips for daily completion?
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    Darkness82 wrote: »
    @kabam Mike What are the peak Milstones and what ally event will we see them in?

What about reading the announcement first?

Did you delete my comment? I don't think anything was inappropriate. Maybe just a glitch

Anyway, you did not address my suggestion, or you missed it. You said the first week of this update is going to be difficult. So to circumvent this difficulty can you supply us with some extra glory this week or perhaps reduce the cost of glory in the store for this week?
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    You mention these will come to alliance events, does this mean that rewards will be updated to be relevant to the current state of the game? At present, rewards are pretty obsolete for most long-term players. Especially the single day events.

And can we expect an overhaul to rewards to the rest of the contest? It would be nice to see rewards keeping pace with everything else.