**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

GAME IS DOWN [RESOLVED]

Comments

• David12364David12364 Posts: 62
    It works for me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288 β˜…
    Game is up
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 β˜…β˜…

Looks like we found Kabam’s favorite ;)
  • ThespusThespus Posts: 45 β˜…
    This is the boycott. Lol
  • WyldstyleWyldstyle Posts: 38
    I'm experiencing the same
  • David12364David12364 Posts: 62

Looks like we found Kabam’s favorite ;)

I was ironic bro 😝
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 β˜…β˜…
    edited June 2018
    3aqu70itar7a.png
    Maidril wrote: Β»
    Game is up

Oh really πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ Maybe my network is just down still
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Their about to shut ur post down bro and tell u to post that comment somewhere else. Instead of answering the real problem. Why are they down ? Where's are rewards ? And why does this happen every week ?
  • I've just spend almost 50 € in this game and I can't even think of those spending 1k.. To have such results.. :o
    Haha oops I meant our rewards
  • MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,091 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I think we stick to the plan July 4th.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Run477 wrote: Β»
    I'm sure they'll have it up soon. I get that it's frustrating when you're in the middle of something. Just saying.

Have you beat the collector yet?

Care to impart what that has to do with the servers? Unless they run on Collector Kills, I'm afraid that really doesn't pertain to the topic.
  • BrutalMiraBrutalMira Posts: 235
    They probably got upset with the communities reaction and just shut the game down.

Your right this is 1st time that we reported here that the game is down and they still not fix it almost an hour now no action from kabam
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 β˜…β˜…
    kabam is boycotting us :(
  • Primetime_769Primetime_769 Posts: 118 β˜…
    Why would they shut this down? I’m asking a real question that deserves a real answer.
  • Smitty138Smitty138 Posts: 104
    Ridiculous
  • You would think with as much money as they scam off of the community they would at least invest in descent servers so they could continue milking everyone..
    D A M N!
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    30 minute timers for AQ plz
    Hmmmm. Well Kabam knows the servers are down. Now the next steps are. Get the servers back up. Give us compensation for all the drama and server outages were dealing with ! The fact they don't compensate us for dealing with their problem is a slap in the face to the community.
  • HershyHershy Posts: 149 β˜…
    zeezee57 wrote: Β»
    No response, no suprise

It's been like 15 minutes. I'll openly criticize where it's warranted but mods not responding within minutes of a post isn't one of those times.

They responded to me and another guys post saying
    ngxghmwkoas3.jpg

Amazing they respond to this, then put in CAPS the game is down but dont bother to address it here and give a timeline or explanation. I dont criticize Kabam often but Kabam Rose dropped the ball!
    Bc they want to avoid the problem bro. They shut down most things they don't agree with tbh...
  • BigDaddyJoeBigDaddyJoe Posts: 357 β˜…β˜…
    sb82o1opdvoh.png
  • HershyHershy Posts: 149 β˜…
    I certainly don’t advocate or suggest EVERY person create a Game Down thread but that seems to be the only thing getting a response.
  • AndyBaron7AndyBaron7 Posts: 292 β˜…
    I’d like a free aq week with 30 minute timers and the rewards also from the map lol guys died as a result of instability and were competitive dying isn’t cool. Maybe the points from the map also ? Or is that just to much lol
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: Β»
    Yea as usual, it's been having issues for the past 10 minutes and seems like it's about to go down yet again.

Honestly I don't get why they don't update or migrate their severs to a better one already because these ones are absolutely terrible and extremely unstable.

It is probably a bit more complicated than just upgrading the servers to the non-crashy kind.

Even if it's complicated they still need to do it, even if it's a lot of work they still need to do it, even if it costs a lot of money they still need to do it.

Because there's no excuse for not doing it, this is an old game and probably using very antiquated serves that are extremely unstable and go down way way to often for everyone's liking usually at important times.

Sometimes they go down multiple times a day for hours upon hours which is absolutely horrendous when you think about it and compare it to other games and when you take into account how much revenue they make off of us.

It's time for a new server or an upgraded one.

They are probably using cloud-based front ends to virtualized backend servers, so what you are suggesting them to do is probably literally impossible. The mental model you have for how computing works doesn't apply to large cloud-based distributed virtual platforms. Virtual server instances don't have dedicated hardware, and distributed application clouds don't even have any sense of running on specific hardware at all.

Persistent crashes like this rarely have anything to do with the server infrastructure per se. They are more likely due to system faults. When they are related to the underlying infrastructure, it is often something you can't just trivially upgrade. For example, IOPS stalling can cause all sorts of wonderfully weird problems, but you cannot just buy an unlimited amount of IOPS.
This discussion has been closed.