**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

GAME IS DOWN [RESOLVED]

Comments

• GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    Im tired of your lies
  • DukeZmanDukeZman Posts: 604 ★★★
    Hershy wrote: »
    We have a war starting in 30 minute and I was trying to set the map and have our last member join. Hope it is back up very soon or we’ll be Kabamed!

Nope you’re kabammed, sorry bro. Happened to us before
  • Well- it certainly isn’t helping with the “umm yeah”, coming up...
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Yea as usual, it's been having issues for the past 10 minutes and seems like it's about to go down yet again.

Honestly I don't get why they don't update or migrate their severs to a better one already because these ones are absolutely terrible and extremely unstable.

It is probably a bit more complicated than just upgrading the servers to the non-crashy kind.

Even if it's complicated they still need to do it, even if it's a lot of work they still need to do it, even if it costs a lot of money they still need to do it.

Because there's no excuse for not doing it, this is an old game and probably using very antiquated serves that are extremely unstable and go down way way to often for everyone's liking usually at important times.

Sometimes they go down multiple times a day for hours upon hours which is absolutely horrendous when you think about it and compare it to other games and when you take into account how much revenue they make off of us.

It's time for a new server or an upgraded one.

They are probably using cloud-based front ends to virtualized backend servers, so what you are suggesting them to do is probably literally impossible. The mental model you have for how computing works doesn't apply to large cloud-based distributed virtual platforms. Virtual server instances don't have dedicated hardware, and distributed application clouds don't even have any sense of running on specific hardware at all.

Persistent crashes like this rarely have anything to do with the server infrastructure per se. They are more likely due to system faults. When they are related to the underlying infrastructure, it is often something you can't just trivially upgrade. For example, IOPS stalling can cause all sorts of wonderfully weird problems, but you cannot just buy an unlimited amount of IOPS.

Why can’t you? And how do IOPS relate to IBOP, formerly known as IHOP?
  • SpaddictedSpaddicted Posts: 222 ★★
    I’m afraid that things are going out of control for Kabam. It should be alarming that they can’t keep the game going for 2 weeks in a row without emergency maintenance.
  • MaidrilMaidril Posts: 288
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    That's Ihob. Not Ibob

Yes, that’s what I meant. But it could be international bath of pancakes. Maybe.
  • NamelezNamelez Posts: 992 ★★★
    Someone say iHop ?
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Aren't people on a boycott right now anyways lol
  • SillyCaitlinSillyCaitlin Posts: 535
    And I just beat Ant-Man. FML.

Chapter 4 in that challenge? Ouch, I'd be pissed.

Yes. And I am pissed.
  • David12364David12364 Posts: 62
    Thank you all for reporting this! We have ensured the Team is aware, and they are currently investigating the issue. Should more information become available, you will be able to find updates in this
    stickied thread. Thank you so much for your patience while our Teams work to resolve the issue and get The Contest back up and running!

We don't have anything from your: "Thank you" every time...or anyone else from your team.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    VTA92 wrote: »
    This happens when too many players are doing things at the exact same time....... I think.

Yea, I suppose they’ve only had 3 years to sort these things out. We should be more patient.

Right!! I defiantly should be more patient...... before pulling out my wallet. A lesson I learn more and more each day.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Maidril wrote: »
    Yea as usual, it's been having issues for the past 10 minutes and seems like it's about to go down yet again.

Honestly I don't get why they don't update or migrate their severs to a better one already because these ones are absolutely terrible and extremely unstable.

It is probably a bit more complicated than just upgrading the servers to the non-crashy kind.

Even if it's complicated they still need to do it, even if it's a lot of work they still need to do it, even if it costs a lot of money they still need to do it.

Because there's no excuse for not doing it, this is an old game and probably using very antiquated serves that are extremely unstable and go down way way to often for everyone's liking usually at important times.

Sometimes they go down multiple times a day for hours upon hours which is absolutely horrendous when you think about it and compare it to other games and when you take into account how much revenue they make off of us.

It's time for a new server or an upgraded one.

They are probably using cloud-based front ends to virtualized backend servers, so what you are suggesting them to do is probably literally impossible. The mental model you have for how computing works doesn't apply to large cloud-based distributed virtual platforms. Virtual server instances don't have dedicated hardware, and distributed application clouds don't even have any sense of running on specific hardware at all.

Persistent crashes like this rarely have anything to do with the server infrastructure per se. They are more likely due to system faults. When they are related to the underlying infrastructure, it is often something you can't just trivially upgrade. For example, IOPS stalling can cause all sorts of wonderfully weird problems, but you cannot just buy an unlimited amount of IOPS.

Why can’t you? And how do IOPS relate to IBOP, formerly known as IHOP?

IHOB doesn't usually concern itself with IOPS except during all you can eat pancake month.
  • polverine15polverine15 Posts: 191
    What happened to the days when the game went down and The Collector would apologize for the game not being up to his standards and we would get e few small items for the inconvenience?
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Maidril wrote: »
    Free 6* for all

Yeah a free 6* for all sounds reasonable for Kabam not being able to occupy your time in the bathroom.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    Quoted post removed by moderation.

Tenebrous is doing her job. She isn’t who you’re angry at. This is just rude.
  • GrimmbananaGrimmbanana Posts: 711 ★★
    they warned me again XD
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    Run477 wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll have it up soon. I get that it's frustrating when you're in the middle of something. Just saying.

Have you beat the collector yet?

Care to impart what that has to do with the servers? Unless they run on Collector Kills, I'm afraid that really doesn't pertain to the topic.

I don’t know what’s funnier @GroundedWisdom getting flagged for spam on every post of his or carnage’s crappy damage 😂😂 nothing personal, I promise. Just funny is all man

Oh I don't take it personally. If people want to spam the Flags, it's their Accounts.
  • Captain_KandiceCaptain_Kandice Posts: 222 ★★
    What happened to the days when the game went down and The Collector would apologize for the game not being up to his standards and we would get e few small items for the inconvenience?

After the thirty-five thousand nine hundred eighteenth time someone kicked the Collector's butt for a shinier yellow crystal, the Collector said screw you guys, I'm going home.

I figured it was because his brother took over and that guy is more of an a-hole. XD
  • zackb213zackb213 Posts: 84
    Would be nice to know what the maintenance is for but Kabam doesn’t do that so why am I asking
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★
    kinda odd emergency maintenance during a time most are grinding in arenas
  • What is a pirates favorite restaurant??

AAAAARRRRBY’s....

aye aye Captain
  • bm3epps wrote: »
    kinda odd emergency maintenance during a time most are grinding in arenas

Things that make you go.... hmmmm
This discussion has been closed.