**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What changes were made during “emergency maintenance “

Every time the game goes down it just seems to me that it comes Back just a bit different to me. What gets done to restore the game or are things having to be changed to get it up and running again?

Comments

• IAMSHAZAM215IAMSHAZAM215 Posts: 48
    I noticed that as well my block an parry aren't working correctly every maintenance u **** us over
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Neck_down1 wrote: »
    Every time the game goes down it just seems to me that it comes Back just a bit different to me. What gets done to restore the game or are things having to be changed to get it up and running again?

Nothing changed. It's all in your head. You want there to be something wrong but there really isn't. This outage was not their fault.
  • 1966SG1966SG Posts: 45
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

Nothing changed. It's all in your head. You want there to be something wrong but there really isn't. This outage was not their fault.

Unless "the big one" hit and I missed it in the news, yes it is their fault. Look at all the server problems they have over the last...many weeks! They have had ample time to upgrade or replace their servers over the past months.
  • Neck_down1Neck_down1 Posts: 20
    Server owner= kabam
    Result is not in my head Demonsfyre, I don’t do the programming or host the server. And if there’s nothing wrong there won’t be a patch or update saying sorry
  • GAM3RGUYGAM3RGUY Posts: 203
    The guy is true my alliance members including me experienced dropped blocks in AQ
  • chefred1chefred1 Posts: 2
    So they make a bunch of "changes" then have to back pedal on those changes because of ppls outrage and a day later the game goes down for 8 f'n hrs for emergency maintenance and it's all in our heads, give me a break and plz don't insult my intelligence. We r suppose to suck it up cause it's "NOT" kabams fault. THEY R A MULTI MILLION DOLLAR MONEY MACHINE. It's there job to fix this. Giving us 30 timers after that much time down is an insult to to mcoc community!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    No changes were made. The server crashed. They had to deal with Google all night.
  • Exactly. Like @GroundedWisdom said, it was at Google's end. Not Kabam's. Perhaps lodge a complain with Google as I heard this game wasn't the only one effected.
  • OldgearOldgear Posts: 19
    It force you being yourself and make you back to your own life for an entire 10 hours ,how about that?
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Server owner= kabam

First, I doubt this is true. I've seen posts in the past that indicated they were renting servers from Amazon.

Second, you're assuming this was a "server" problem when it's easily as likely to have been a DNS issue. That could well be out of their hands.

Either way, nothing changed in game.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,864 ★★★★★
    Server owner= kabam
    Result is not in my head Demonsfyre, I don’t do the programming or host the server. And if there’s nothing wrong there won’t be a patch or update saying sorry

They dont own the severs. They've stated this over and over.
  • DankestChefDankestChef Posts: 420 ★★★
    Our thoughts on spending money
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    A lot of recent bug fixes no longer seem to work. Like Vision not stealing power. Magik her power steal is wonky again. I didn't check SW but she might very well also be not working as intended.

It's not so much that they changed something, but more that they undid stuff. It looks a bit like putting an old version back online.

Edit: autocorrect
  • testghhtestghh Posts: 7
    one thing i noticed today and it never happend before is the decreased rewards from daily quests as i am used to do all of them especially the class ones and i am used to get at least 1 fully formed t3cc from running both sides once today i did the both sides like three times and in total couldn't have 1 fully formed t3 tech catalyst and i asked my alliance and its not only me. please share if it happend to you too as i think this is one of the changes.
    There haven't been any changes. The server crashed last night, and a good number of us were on chatting most of the night with the Mods while they had to deal with Google trying to get them back up again.
    As for the Proving Grounds, it's RNG. It's random. There's not always a guarantee to get a Cat. You can keep trying and it might drop.
    RNG is not Random if you have pre-determined the outcome within certain limitations this is just a way to hide the control over resource drops and the idea here is that you think its luck but it is never that, it is just math to force a certain outcome. anyway i am kind of had it that the game is all around pouring lots of money for very little, changing rules to stress more on the base and so on, off course players who have developed a good roster based on previous more generous environment don't feel that especially that they benefited from things that have been reduced now. the evidence is beyond doubt i have seen the same tactics over several games which will result in lowering the game ratings and eventually the end of the game itself. I have seen people dumb thousands of dollars for just a very tiny rewards which if they used in other ways they could end up with hundreds of better things
    testghh wrote: »
    RNG is not Random if you have pre-determined the outcome within certain limitations this is just a way to hide the control over resource drops and the idea here is that you think its luck but it is never that, it is just math to force a certain outcome. anyway i am kind of had it that the game is all around pouring lots of money for very little, changing rules to stress more on the base and so on, off course players who have developed a good roster based on previous more generous environment don't feel that especially that they benefited from things that have been reduced now. the evidence is beyond doubt i have seen the same tactics over several games which will result in lowering the game ratings and eventually the end of the game itself. I have seen people dumb thousands of dollars for just a very tiny rewards which if they used in other ways they could end up with hundreds of better things

It's literally always been random drops. The Proving Grounds has never guaranteed a Cat. Changing rules doesn't apply.
    Now, we could get into a debate about how RNG is pseudo-random, but it's really not the Thread for it. There are parameters, yes. Percentages, drop rates, call them what you want. There's an outcome generated randomly based on probabilities. Not totally random, but not subject to being altered because of it. Bottom line is, they didn't change anything because the servers crashed.

It's literally always been random drops. The Proving Grounds has never guaranteed a Cat. Changing rules doesn't apply.
    Now, we could get into a debate about how RNG is pseudo-random, but it's really not the Thread for it. There are parameters, yes. Percentages, drop rates, call them what you want. There's an outcome generated randomly based on probabilities. Not totally random, but not subject to being altered because of it. Bottom line is, they didn't change anything because the servers crashed.

well how can you be sure are you one of the developers of the team to make such a statement with confidence? I really wonder?

oh and by the way others have confirmed similar results and i think we will see more about that in the future unless there is another changes made
  • olegpetrov80326olegpetrov80326 Posts: 284
    again, the game is buggy , it Angers

well how can you be sure are you one of the developers of the team to make such a statement with confidence? I really wonder?

oh and by the way others have confirmed similar results and i think we will see more about that in the future unless there is another changes made

I've been around a long time. The Mods themselves have said the Cats drop randomly. It's common knowledge. In fact, the subject comes up whenever people don't roll a full Cat. It's random. You could get one everytime, or have to redo it 6 times.
  • SagnikfurySagnikfury Posts: 104
    More bugs
  • SpeedbumpSpeedbump Posts: 1,520 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    That's an understatement!

I've been around a long time.

Speedbump wrote: »
    That's an understatement!

I've been around a long time.

I was just making the point that I've seen it discussed a number of times.
    edited July 2018

I was just making the point that I've seen it discussed a number of times.

well and i know how the code is written and how algorithms are built and have seen it in many games and i can notice changes anyway its pointless to go into specifics but the main point here is that the game developer keeps changing with or without notice and we have to pay for it thats why i posted that and i really don't know why every game now tries to force gambling elements to increase profit and they keep reducing the RNG drop rates to force more money.
    anyway i think investing so much time and money in a game like this is useless (imo) as they keep changing the rules without prior notice. thats what made a lot of the community angry as it turns out the competition is more about money more than skill

oh by the way i played todays event quest hard for the tech t3c about 10 times and couldn't even a single one in total what are the odes here!!
    I'm sorry, but that's just pure conspiracy.
    OK let the community decide and they will be the judge for that
    edited July 2018
    Not much of a decision to be made. The claim comes up whenever someone has a hard time getting a full Cat from T3. They claim it's changed, and that they always get one. However, it's always been based on RNG, and all their evidence proves is that it is. They drop randomly.
    For that matter, I highly doubt there is much lucrative motive behind lowering the rate of the T3CCs. Not exactly a moneymaker.
    for lower tier players it is obvious force them buy 2 fully formed ones for 400 units or more instead of wasting time in trying the so called RNG as the trend now is to make players buy the resources they need and forcing them to buy potions by buffing nodes and so on squeeze them more to milk them imagine after spending several hundred dollars and getting only one or two good characters out of a 100 or more so you can pay several hundred more for catalysts that they even force you through rng again to get catalysts you may not need and again the so called RNG for an awakening gem that you may not be able to use and again after getting through all of that you suddenly find out that your whole investment in upgrading this is useless due to the fact it have been either nerfed or fixed or there is a new character that make it useless so you go through the whole process again and the milking goes on.
    or you have to wait for several months if you want to get it upgraded.
    oh and RNG again to get a ticket which may have cost you thousands of units to eventually face a game outage what a fun story.
    -.-