**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

With the new "pause to see buff/debuff" feature, isn't this the time to active war defender synergy?

spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
I had thought one of the reasons why defensive synergy was turned off was there was no practical way to 'announce' what synergies were in play? This seems to be a way to correct that.

Comments

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    4/55 Antman on vigor/burden of might with Doc Ock synergy
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    4/55 Antman on vigor/burden of might with Doc Ock synergy

This raises a bigger concern, are some of the nodes gonna be borderline ridiculous if the synergies work. Will the difficulty have to be reduced in some cases. I run lane 4 and that node can already be a problem if you don’t have the right champs. The good old days of blade and iceman crushing the map have certainly passed.
    Just realised that antman wont work. AA counters him easily, maybe on a different node he'd be an annoying defender
  • Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121
    Just realised that antman wont work. AA counters him easily, maybe on a different node he'd be an annoying defender

A bleed immune

A bleed immune

AA wasn't the topic, it was Antman and the thorns synergy with Doc Ock
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★
    Dear god please no, some of you don't understand how much harder war will be if this ever happens.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    danielmath wrote: »
    Dear god please no, some of you don't understand how much harder war will be if this ever happens.

Elaborate
  • spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
    Some of us look forward to the challenge
  • HarvesterSorr0wHarvesterSorr0w Posts: 112
    The synergies should work. Otherwise, why have synergies. I for one selected many of the champs i've upgraded based on synergies including for use defensively. Kabam could very easily code around the "too much difficulty" issue by having a cap on a nodes measured difficulty, no matter how that cap is reached (buffs, synergies, etc.). Those caps could also be different based on what defense map difficulty rating your team is in (hard, expert, etc.). There are ways around the challenges of making it work. But, synergies should be allowed to be active. And OP is right, this gets around the presented problem of not having a way to tell what's active.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Synergies will wreck the whole war landscape if they ever activate them. There are some crazy synergies out there which combined with nodes will turn it into a war of items.
  • Friendly_UserFriendly_User Posts: 121

A bleed immune

AA wasn't the topic, it was Antman and the thorns synergy with Doc Ock

Exactly. Put him on bleed immune. No bleed = more hits to kill.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    I had thought one of the reasons why defensive synergy was turned off was there was no practical way to 'announce' what synergies were in play? This seems to be a way to correct that.

The problem is you can’t react to it until it is too late. If War items weren’t so expensive that is one thing. It’s too much “surprise” even at the last minute.
  • Rich_RyderRich_Ryder Posts: 238
    Short answer, no. Long answer, nooooooooooooo.
  • Vegeta9000Vegeta9000 Posts: 204 ★★
    If they aren’t implementing defensive synergies to war, they need to remove them from the game entirely. Otherwise they have absolutely no use in the game. Who cares about thorn damage on antman for an offense hero?
  • Maximus0215Maximus0215 Posts: 128
    The whole point of war is to be difficult and Kabam said themselves to not 100% the map. I want war synergies. It’s boring to fight the same line with the same exact buffs/ debuffs 100 times. That includes AQ and War. It adds variety and challenge.