**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Version 19.0 Discussion Thread

Comments

• BlackFreQuencyBlackFreQuency Posts: 91
    19.0 looks interesting in a good way but still no CARNAGE BUFF ?!! i don't know if you guys understand how hard is to play a game that you love when you can't use your favorite character because he's too weak to be used in any part of the contest.. you see KABAM i'm excited for the changes with (AQ , Glory store , Peak Milestones and..) not happy about AW.. all these positive changes and i can't enjoy my favorite character with it.. you always say you wanna be fair.. take a look at new champions like Domino or IMIW then take a look at Carnage doesn't look fair.. i don't wanna be negative so please help me understand is it because you can't make more money with Carnage ? your focus is on new champions only and it's exciting for you guys to introduce them i understand that but please be what you say you are.. be fair

#CarnageBuff2018
  • GSTAR21GSTAR21 Posts: 168
    richo82 wrote: »
    I am laughing my ass off right now reading this constant complaining about Drax.
    It was announced in no uncertain terms here that his attack is not designed to bypass evade, and the development team are trying to fix it. Seems to have been down the list of their problems since it took so long to correct.
    If you were dumb enough to rank up a champ based on a glitch, don't go complaining when they fix it.

Oh dear lord please actually read what people are complaining about before complaining about them complaining. A lot of people don't care about the Mordo counter, it was an unintentional bug we understand.

However, Drax was brought out long before Mordo and countered evade because of how quick the first and second impact of his first medium were. They've now removed this meaning he is no longer a partial counter to evade and it devalues him by quite a bit.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Not only astral evade. It was never intended for Drax to bypass any evade mechanic in the game
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Not only astral evade. It was never intended for Drax to bypass any evade mechanic in the game

Care to tell us where you found this piece of information? Cause I'm pretty sure no mod has ever said this. On the other hand, I remember a mod saying that Drax disabling Quake's evade was intended and that he was counter to it
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    GSTAR21 wrote: »
    So we can only get the highest milestone we reach and not the others earned? Sounds like we are being punished for trying to reach higher milestones. And also when is Drax going to be fixed. He can’t bypass mordos astrial evade anymore.

He is already fixed. He never was supposed to bypass evade the way he did it before

you really believe that a champ that has functioned that way for 3 years was not meant to do it and they never thought to tell anyone in that time and just remove it, lot of people were ranking him specifiaclly for that ability, there has been loads of threads on him over the years and not once did any one from Kabam think to say it was a bug so dont rank him for that.

We actually did mention it multiple times. Drax was never meant to be able to bypass Astral evade, and never did it consistently, as it was device and frame rate dependent.

I am getting so sick of this Drax change, it's a nerf just admit it. It's not about frame rate, he was 100% consistent for me for countering astral evade and I have fought a lot of Mordo's. It was highlighted as a unique feature and was the main reason I and many other people leveled him up so either issue rank down tickets to those who have a Drax or update him so the "unique feature" of his 2 hit medium counters evade.

Otherwise you're heading down a very slippery slope, people pay hundreds of pounds on your offers only to have the champion they upgraded nerfed, you have to take responsibility when you make a significant change to something that people have effectively payed for!

They did in fact state repeatedly going back a long ways that this behavior was unintended and due to timing issues. There was no reason to lie about it way back then. And in fact, it wasn't just Drax that was able to do this, many other champions could do this but with different success rates. Drax was just the one with the best success rate. But the fact that others could do this less than 100% of the time demonstrated conclusively to me that this was, in fact, not a deliberate effect just as Kabam indicated all along.

The players can't demand transparency from Kabam and then ignore the one time they were actually transparent about intent.

Every champ that could bypass astral evade could do it 100% of the time. It was absolutely not a frame rate issue. How they "fixed" this bug is that now every time a champ evades the first hit of Drax's medium, Drax's champ model slides back at the same time as the evading opponent and doubles the distance between him and the opponent. As a result, the second hit of the medium can't connect anymore and stop the evade. It also doesn't only affect astral evade. Drax can no longer bypass Quake's concussion evade (from her heavy) and OG Ultron's evade (several people used drax to beat him in 5.4). You'll also get cornered more quickly now when fighting evaders with Drax. This was a Drax specific nerf against evasion and he lost one of his unique features (being able to stop evades with his medium attack)

Define “Every champ that could bypass astral evade could do it 100% of the time”. Do you mean champs like Iceman and Karnak where their abilities actually state that opponents cannot evade under circumstances? Then yes I would agree with you. But are you talking about obscure champs that never had the ability to counter evade champs like Drax, X-23, and Elektra? Then no, that’s incorrect. Drax never bypass astral evade 100% of the time for me, and people mentioned X-23 and Elektra being able to evade with their heavies, too. That’s sort of correct. But if I had to estimate, their heavy attacks would only work maybe 50% of the time. All 3 became so inconsistent that I didn’t even bother using them anymore for Mordo. And why would I because Mordo is not really that hard of a champ to fight anyway. Especially in AW when his attack is amped up and there’s MD to deal with, why take the chance to try and bypass astral evade and degen into oblivion. Honestly the outcry for Drax, regardless of whether it’s solely against Mordo or any other evaders, is unreasonable. The issue was addressed many times and it’s not part of his ability kit.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    miracle85 wrote: »
    So we can only get the highest milestone we reach and not the others earned? Sounds like we are being punished for trying to reach higher milestones. And also when is Drax going to be fixed. He can’t bypass mordos astrial evade anymore.

He is already fixed. He never was supposed to bypass evade the way he did it before

you really believe that a champ that has functioned that way for 3 years was not meant to do it and they never thought to tell anyone in that time and just remove it, lot of people were ranking him specifiaclly for that ability, there has been loads of threads on him over the years and not once did any one from Kabam think to say it was a bug so dont rank him for that.

We actually did mention it multiple times. Drax was never meant to be able to bypass Astral evade, and never did it consistently, as it was device and frame rate dependent.

Where's the rank down tickets at then I guess I understand aa but drax would not be ranked up tbh if not for that

What? They told us AA was working as intended, and then when they changed him they said that they misinformed us and he wasn’t working as intended all along. On the other hand they always said Drax vs Mordo was not working as intended and now it’s fixed. While I think it’s stupid that they fixed this, how do you understand why AA isn’t rankdown worthy but you thing Drax is? That makes no sense.
  • Smitty138Smitty138 Posts: 104
    • Fixed an issue where some Champions could start a new Combination against an Opponent that has been knocked down

So you are nerfing Magik now? The way she has always functioned is an "issue"? This is garbage.

I interpreted that as there as a bug where when the champion was just lying down on the floor and you could hit them to continue. I don’t think it’s about magik timing the hit well as they stand back up.

This is correct. It was a bug that was introduced a couple releases ago that we have a fix for now. Basically, this allowed Champions to continue hitting/use a special on a Champion that was still on the ground.

However, I have never personally done this "standing intercept" you guys are talking about with Magik. Could you explain it? I can ask the team if it will be affected as well.

Will this also effect AA's ability to use special 1 as the opponent stands?? Takes perfect timing similar to Magik..
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,542 ★★★★★
    No fix for Domino breaking blocks?
  • Gwm83Gwm83 Posts: 72
    I have cosmic mystic and mutant tier4s that will expire in a few days. I'm not ranking 4*s anymore or **** 5*s I'd take more 5*s yo rank 4....if only I had more alphas...lol any chance we can get a longer stash time or store more items for ranking....most of the time they are hard to come by...
  • FixxxFixxx Posts: 234
    Domino's block break is similar to Black Widow's. May I know why the next patch has no fix for it?
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

I am getting so sick of this Drax change, it's a nerf just admit it. It's not about frame rate, he was 100% consistent for me for countering astral evade and I have fought a lot of Mordo's. It was highlighted as a unique feature and was the main reason I and many other people leveled him up so either issue rank down tickets to those who have a Drax or update him so the "unique feature" of his 2 hit medium counters evade.

Otherwise you're heading down a very slippery slope, people pay hundreds of pounds on your offers only to have the champion they upgraded nerfed, you have to take responsibility when you make a significant change to something that people have effectively payed for!

They did in fact state repeatedly going back a long ways that this behavior was unintended and due to timing issues. There was no reason to lie about it way back then. And in fact, it wasn't just Drax that was able to do this, many other champions could do this but with different success rates. Drax was just the one with the best success rate. But the fact that others could do this less than 100% of the time demonstrated conclusively to me that this was, in fact, not a deliberate effect just as Kabam indicated all along.

The players can't demand transparency from Kabam and then ignore the one time they were actually transparent about intent.

Every champ that could bypass astral evade could do it 100% of the time. It was absolutely not a frame rate issue. How they "fixed" this bug is that now every time a champ evades the first hit of Drax's medium, Drax's champ model slides back at the same time as the evading opponent and doubles the distance between him and the opponent. As a result, the second hit of the medium can't connect anymore and stop the evade. It also doesn't only affect astral evade. Drax can no longer bypass Quake's concussion evade (from her heavy) and OG Ultron's evade (several people used drax to beat him in 5.4). You'll also get cornered more quickly now when fighting evaders with Drax. This was a Drax specific nerf against evasion and he lost one of his unique features (being able to stop evades with his medium attack)

Define “Every champ that could bypass astral evade could do it 100% of the time”. Do you mean champs like Iceman and Karnak where their abilities actually state that opponents cannot evade under circumstances? Then yes I would agree with you. But are you talking about obscure champs that never had the ability to counter evade champs like Drax, X-23, and Elektra? Then no, that’s incorrect. Drax never bypass astral evade 100% of the time for me, and people mentioned X-23 and Elektra being able to evade with their heavies, too. That’s sort of correct. But if I had to estimate, their heavy attacks would only work maybe 50% of the time. All 3 became so inconsistent that I didn’t even bother using them anymore for Mordo. And why would I because Mordo is not really that hard of a champ to fight anyway. Especially in AW when his attack is amped up and there’s MD to deal with, why take the chance to try and bypass astral evade and degen into oblivion. Honestly the outcry for Drax, regardless of whether it’s solely against Mordo or any other evaders, is unreasonable. The issue was addressed many times and it’s not part of his ability kit.

50% or the time? Ok then, fight a Mordo with X-23 and parry and heavy attack him. Record the video and post that here. Let's see how many times it fails
  • Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 468 ★★
    #nerfdomino
  • Alliance war rating adjustment, we need to look into changing the way its running atm, we can’t keep getting these messages without any action or change, this could destroy many alliance, if you can’t tell the leader who did it then that member should be automatically kick out the alliance and can’t attend the AW season event.
  • UltimatheoryUltimatheory Posts: 520 ★★★
    So are we just slowly turning all old champs with active buffs into passive buffs? We're already looking into nerfing MD defensively, now we just need to do it offensively? Only a little at a time though, so the community doesn't get as mad as it could be.

Also, fix Domino breaking blocks already.
  • jp2835jp2835 Posts: 147
    There should be a fix on Domino's ability to not get debuffs and failure damage

It should be only for damage over time and ability reduction debuffs

What will be value of Parry mastery if you can't stun a target and in return you get a killing damage over time ?
  • Markosan22Markosan22 Posts: 4
    @Kabam Miike plz provide rank down tickets and provide more resources to get t1 alpha's it is difficult to build a five star roster or decrease the amount of t1 alpha's for five stars
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Can I please get an answer on why Domino puts a critical failure on AA when blocking with no bleed stacks on Domino? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. Was it in the 19.0 patch notes?
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

50% or the time? Ok then, fight a Mordo with X-23 and parry and heavy attack him. Record the video and post that here. Let's see how many times it fails

I've never seen a failure rate quite that high with X-23, but I have seen it fail with X-23. The failure rate has fluctuated over time and with different devices: it seems to be lower than average at the moment for me with the current build on an iPhone X. But I did manage to capture Elektra failing to avoid the degeneration from astral evade:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv_CYaxh7bI

Full disclosure: although the second parry fails, several previous fights had no failures: that fail happened after ten or eleven successful astral evade bypasses. I alternated between X-23 and Elektra until I got one to fail.
  • Lambda1Lambda1 Posts: 200 ★★

I'm sorry to tell you that but there are 2 possibilities :

1. You don't know the game.

2. You know you're wrong and you don't admit it.

https://youtu.be/aaFLy_eu39o?t=51

Tell me how this can be "framerate related" ? I really hope it #1 option.

So I'll ask for the billionth time : How can't you admit that Drax has been nerfed since he's pushed backwards fighting against passive evaders while they're evading?

BTW I don't care about Drax bypassing AE, but :

2v0uiw013xea.png

• KarinshiKarinshi Posts: 280 ★★
    @Kabam Miike why you stopped responding to people??
    we kept asking about Domino is able to break through block, and with the introducing of new node 27 + 28, this is basically an exploit you guys are talking advantage of, kindly fix her with 19.0 or don't activate those nodes until she is fixed!!
    this is a legit request!!!!!!
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    8racm0i562zj.jpeg
    Can you be a little more specific about what is being fixed w quake? I hope it doesn’t have to do w her being able to charge heavy to evade and then parry, since that is her basic mechanic.
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam Miike Its a bit bothersome to see you answering questions but intentionally ignoring the most asked questions, "What about Domino?"

IMO, and others as well, this is currently a severe bug that is costing many greatly in AW. I fail to understand why this bug is taking a while to be fixed. It definitely adds more to the whole "if a bug costs us money, it takes forever to get fixed."

Why is it players are forced to suffer and pay out for a developers mistake? You win, we lose....always
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    Maybe cause ita a harder bug to fix? Also cause they have to make sure that in the process of fixing that bug it doesnt create multiple other bugs?
  • R4GER4GE Posts: 1,530 ★★★★
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    Maybe cause ita a harder bug to fix? Also cause they have to make sure that in the process of fixing that bug it doesnt create multiple other bugs?

Its more the fact that the question was being ignored and its yet another bug slip through that costs us greatly. We are paying out and nothing coming back our way for a bug thats out of our control. It just piles on to all the other major VERY NOTICEABLE bugs that slip through that ruin the experience and can cost people wars, items, units, & money. A rare bug like this is deserving of patience from players, unfortunately this just hasn't been a rare thing and just stacks up with everything else that is always hurting us.

As far as the process of time to fix a bug, just be more thorough on testing and quit rushing garbage out to meet deadlines for things like movie releases and we wouldn't need to worry about extended periods of suffering while a bug is fixed. We have stated we would rather not have something than have something broken plenty of times.
  • HYAGHALHYAGHAL Posts: 34
    I would like to know if you are going to help or give some compensation for the server crash last June 29th. It hurt because I could not get the mark of some arenas due to the system crash, will we receive fragments of 3 *, 4 *, 5 *? I wonder ...
  • Bloodpack2k2Bloodpack2k2 Posts: 2
    Installed the update and not the AQ timers are reset to 60 minutes instead of 30 minutes!!! Can ya fix that!
  • Hyperbolein_1Hyperbolein_1 Posts: 67
    I can’t connect to the game,gj Kabam