Reduce Energy Costs for Act 4

2

Comments

  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    Ivanka wrote: »


    Lol. Get over it, everyone else had to.
    "Waaaa waaaa waaaaa, paths are so long, make it easier for me waaaa waaaa waaaa, infact just give me the rewards and auto complete it for me please."

    Why is it there is such a high negative correlation between a poster's level of rudeness, smugness, and condescension... and the value, relevance and accuracy of their posts? It's like the more wrong you are, the more bold you get in expressing that wrong opinion.

    Nobody is whining here. We have a few thoughtful people posting constructive well reasoned ideas that would make the game better.

    Pointing out someone whining about the length of Act 4 paths isn't wrong, that's exactly what they're doing. Making it easier/cost less energy doesn't make it better, that's a lazy option.

    That's not how things work. You don't come into something people have been playing for years and say "Hey, I only just started, any chance you could just make this section easier for me?"

    Sounds like you have no idea what lazy game development is vs. non-lazy. it's lazy to leave the game as it is, and to not try to bridge the gap between new players versus veteran players. Veteran players gradually quit, whether newer players spend, is up to Kabam.

    If you meant, players are "lazy", because they think there is good idea in lowering energy cost for acts 1,2,3, or 4 to help newer players, I disagree. I think your argument "Things shouldn't change." is lazy.


  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    No one's arguing new players should get free handouts to catch up, but rather an acceleration of the game for players on all levels is welcomed.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 2,053 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    How do you think, how much time does it take for a new player to get past the gap to top tier players? Is it even possible? With how much time it takes to complete those act 4 and act 5. Plus AW seasons' rewards making that gap even greater by giving 6*, t5b and t2a.
    I'd say it's fair to reduce act 4 energy cost. But selling energy refiels makes them some money, so that might never happen
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Anthinho wrote: »
    I disagree strongly, older players felt with it spending their units on energy refills or waiting for energy, newer players shouldn't be given an easier time getting through the map, deal with it like everyone else has

    Couldn't disagree with you more on this. Just because old players went through something doesn't mean younger players do. Older players benefited from having awesome champs like Scarlet Witch, Thor, Doctor Strange and a much smaller pool of champions to get through it also. Does that mean younger players should have the same chance to use them. By that logic every country in the world would need to start World War 3 so that we know and feel the pain our ancestors. The game should be about growth and should adapt to changes.

    The game is a grind, totally get that, but Act 4 is grinding your nails on a chalkboard painful. It makes several players want to quit. On top of that, and the rising energy cost to complete AQ's every month (if that player is uncollected gotta do UC mode too now is all my point is on that) it makes for much less time to complete story quests to the building player.

    Lol. What about the ridiculous champs they have access to now? Blade, Quake, Ice man, AA. It should be more of a cake walk than ever.

    It's slow going but every month I manage heroic, master and uncollected and still manage some time at the end of the month to push through Act 4/Act 5 completion.

    you probably didn't play back then, and that's ok. but those champs I listed were much more powerful pre-nerf than any champion we have in game right now. and it wasn't intended to be a main point there because you missed it. Just because someone went through a hurdle prior doesn't mean the next one has to. They need to reduce the cost in Act 4, at least for the first two chapters.

    I've been playing since the game came out. I knew how awesome those champs were pre nerf but they're also easier to fight against now as well. So pros and cons to the Nerf. Ultron is now a shell of what he used to be, Juggy is pathetic in comparison to previously.

    I didn't address you other point because it's stupid. Start world war 3 ? What? Feel the pain of our ancestors? What? It's already established that the maps aren't that hard, they're just long, the newer players just need to deal with it like we did.

    People need to stop **** about the little things and focus on the fact people can't connect for long periods of time, the servers have sucked forever and every update brings a new batch of glitches but yeah, please keep begging for the paths to take less energy. Smdh.
  • zeezee57zeezee57 Posts: 2,437 ★★★★★
    hope4tg wrote: »
    @ivanka I agree with you with the fact that the energy requirements for ACT 4 are very high but there are other summoners who have already explored it 100% with the current requirements. Reducing the energy permanently now for future players isn't really fair now, is it?

    Maybe they could have like a week or so where the energy requirements are lowered for act 4 rather than permanently changing it. I believe they did do this once before, do correct me if I'm wrong.

    Thank You

    Although the ''it would not be fair for older players'' argument works for some cases, I believe it does not for this one. Players who have completed act 4 long ago with 3 energy per path already used the rewards and progressed high and above the level of act 4. That is the price you pay for early adoption, being among the first ones to complete content and speed in games that are progressive with their content and power level like MCoC.

    Look at World of Warcraft. If you want to be on the cutting edge of the raiding scene you have to face un-nerfed bosses with low gear. But that is why it is cool, you get to say '' I did it when it was cool''. After the cutting edge raiders complete the raids, the bosses are generally nerfed and some catch up mechanics for inexperienced and newer players are added. That is the price cutting edge raiders pay to be, well, cutting edge.

    The ''it would not be fair for older players'' argument makes sense for feats of strength where the difficulty of the challenge is static over time. However in this case, act 4 is very easy and the energy requirement is not a feat of strength but rather an annoyance.

    I 100% it maybe a month or so ago with about 600 units spent on energy refills. Pulled 4* Spidergwen and the 5* shards got me to a Howard dupe. The energy requirement is basically what separates hitting 100% exploration from other content, so no reducing energy now doesn't make sense. It's a major pain in the A but that's the whole point. I took the crazy long paths as an indication that Act 4 is meant to be completed over time and not just breezed through, hence giving players something to work towards between completing a monthly EQ and the start of the next one. So again no, reducing energy costs now because you dont feel like using the energy needed/spending the time required to complete it doesn't make sense.
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    They already made an energy discount on act 4 last year september 2017. 2 energy per move. Duringg that period AW was closed due to the new map layout.

    I did 100% act 4.3&4.4 during that period. Cost me roughly 1.6k unit ( which i save from arena grinding ) for energy refill only.
  • gabmucs_MYgabmucs_MY Posts: 143
    Act 5 is kinda a lilttle shorter is kinda true. BUT for initial completion of act5 .. man you’ll smash your phone. Act 5 is much worst. I can only 100% act 5.1. Initial completion 5.2-5.4 ( which took roughly 24 hours of gameplay indirectly ) , energy refill is quite a lot. Needed boost all the time because i dont have a r4 5*. Just bring my maxed out 4*.
  • Dezz_1Dezz_1 Posts: 111
    I think people should focus on what they want to without anybody telling them what to focus on. I am going to say this again "It's foolish to complain about people complaining." The comment was for Kabam's staff not the poor souls that play this game. That's the problem with community, everybody is worried about what someone else has a problem with. Start your own topic and stop taking a dump on everybody else.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Anthinho wrote: »
    U guys are so lazy the quests aren't hard and u haven't even seen the light and horror of act five, just grow some balls and wait for your every to fill up, I hope you guys have something else to do besides the game

    I've fully explored Act 4 and completed Act 5 already. Now I'm making a constructive suggestion that would make sense, improve the game, and help newer players. I hope you have something else to do besides try to play amateur psychologist on the Internet.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    edited July 2018
    EliasOrg wrote: »
    I have been playing for 7 months now and I still have not fully explored the last chapter of act 4. In my opinion, I think that act 4 rewards are MASSIVE(4* awakening gem, t4b, t1a, t2a, mastery points, 5* sards etc), making current energy cost and time almost mandatory. Also, do not forget the fact that act 4 rewards have been buffed...


    Overall, I do not consider act 4 quests difficult at all when using a good 4* 4/40 team and extremely easy with maxed out 4* and 5*. Personally, I have not used any units for potions and energy refills(working on it for 3 months with constant breaks for monthly special events) while I only used some healing potions on 4/3/1(damn starburst)...

    It's not that Act 4 is too difficult. It's that when it was made it was the end of the game. There was nothing else to do after it so the game designers made it super long to keep people busy playing it a long time. The rewards at the time were far more valuable (4*s are not very important in an environment with 6*s) But now there's stuff after it, the game has evolved and is bigger than it used to be. But energy is still capped. It makes sense to reduce the energy. It's not because it's too hard.

    And all of the players who have already completed Act 4 are not missing out on anything. As another poster intelligently pointed out, those players have had 1 or 2 years or more to enjoy the benefits of all the rewards that came along with Act 4, enhancing their position and increasing the strength of their roster.

    It's like if you bought a 2005 Mustang in 2005. At the time maybe it seemed fast. You took it to the track and won a few races. In 2010 you had all the winnings from the past 5 years, but then the '10 Mustang comes out with 50% more horsepower. So you get one of those.
    Someone coming along to the race track in 2010 shouldn't have to pay the same amount that you did for the '05 Mustang. It's not as fast compared to what else is out there anymore. It's the same car but the environment has changed, the value has gone down. You didn't lose anything- you still have those 5 years of winnings in your pocket.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240

    mum_m2 wrote: »
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    Anthinho wrote: »
    I disagree strongly, older players felt with it spending their units on energy refills or waiting for energy, newer players shouldn't be given an easier time getting through the map, deal with it like everyone else has

    Couldn't disagree with you more on this. Just because old players went through something doesn't mean younger players do. Older players benefited from having awesome champs like Scarlet Witch, Thor, Doctor Strange and a much smaller pool of champions to get through it also. Does that mean younger players should have the same chance to use them. By that logic every country in the world would need to start World War 3 so that we know and feel the pain our ancestors. The game should be about growth and should adapt to changes.

    The game is a grind, totally get that, but Act 4 is grinding your nails on a chalkboard painful. It makes several players want to quit. On top of that, and the rising energy cost to complete AQ's every month (if that player is uncollected gotta do UC mode too now is all my point is on that) it makes for much less time to complete story quests to the building player.

    Lol. What about the ridiculous champs they have access to now? Blade, Quake, Ice man, AA. It should be more of a cake walk than ever.

    It's slow going but every month I manage heroic, master and uncollected and still manage some time at the end of the month to push through Act 4/Act 5 completion.

    you probably didn't play back then, and that's ok. but those champs I listed were much more powerful pre-nerf than any champion we have in game right now. and it wasn't intended to be a main point there because you missed it. Just because someone went through a hurdle prior doesn't mean the next one has to. They need to reduce the cost in Act 4, at least for the first two chapters.

    I've been playing since the game came out. I knew how awesome those champs were pre nerf but they're also easier to fight against now as well. So pros and cons to the Nerf. Ultron is now a shell of what he used to be, Juggy is pathetic in comparison to previously.

    I didn't address you other point because it's stupid. Start world war 3 ? What? Feel the pain of our ancestors? What? It's already established that the maps aren't that hard, they're just long, the newer players just need to deal with it like we did.

    People need to stop **** about the little things and focus on the fact people can't connect for long periods of time, the servers have sucked forever and every update brings a new batch of glitches but yeah, please keep begging for the paths to take less energy. Smdh.

    Again, you don't address any arguments, just say people are "begging." and adding nothing to what you said before.
    Clearly, you only care about concerns that affect you.

    No one's arguing server outtages need to not be looked into.

    You need to understand, talking about other topics ok, especially those that may affect the longevity of the game or players beyond themselves, even if it seems to offend you.

    Selfish and short-sighted.

    I can make the same argument as you, why should people be concerned about giving feedback to improve the game, when there are problems in the real world? Assuming people don't care about real life? See how it sounds incredibly dismissive?
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Ivanka wrote: »


    Lol. Get over it, everyone else had to.
    "Waaaa waaaa waaaaa, paths are so long, make it easier for me waaaa waaaa waaaa, infact just give me the rewards and auto complete it for me please."

    Why is it there is such a high negative correlation between a poster's level of rudeness, smugness, and condescension... and the value, relevance and accuracy of their posts? It's like the more wrong you are, the more bold you get in expressing that wrong opinion.

    Nobody is whining here. We have a few thoughtful people posting constructive well reasoned ideas that would make the game better.

    Pointing out someone whining about the length of Act 4 paths isn't wrong, that's exactly what they're doing. Making it easier/cost less energy doesn't make it better, that's a lazy option.

    That's not how things work. You don't come into something people have been playing for years and say "Hey, I only just started, any chance you could just make this section easier for me?"

    I've been playing for years and nobody is whining. So you're wrong about not being wrong.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Aleor wrote: »
    How do you think, how much time does it take for a new player to get past the gap to top tier players? Is it even possible? With how much time it takes to complete those act 4 and act 5. Plus AW seasons' rewards making that gap even greater by giving 6*, t5b and t2a.
    I'd say it's fair to reduce act 4 energy cost. But selling energy refiels makes them some money, so that might never happen

    If a top tier player continues playing hard and spending like a whale it's still next to impossible to catch up because there is such a huge huge gap between awards for the top few alliances in AW and AQ and those at lower tiers.

    But it's not completely impossible, because it takes a lot more resources to grow at the top end of the game than it does in the beginning or intermediate stages. This is by design and it's intelligent game design on Kabam's part- it's how it should be.

    Reducing energy costs for Act 4 would give developing players a tiny boost, but it would still be a very difficult uphill climb for them to try and get to the top tiers of the game and would still take years of hard work.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    gabmucs_MY wrote: »
    Act 5 is kinda a lilttle shorter is kinda true. BUT for initial completion of act5 .. man you’ll smash your phone. Act 5 is much worst. I can only 100% act 5.1. Initial completion 5.2-5.4 ( which took roughly 24 hours of gameplay indirectly ) , energy refill is quite a lot. Needed boost all the time because i dont have a r4 5*. Just bring my maxed out 4*.

    Act 5 is MUCH more difficult than Act 4. But in terms of energy cost it is literally about half as much if you count up all the paths. My suggestion would make energy costs more equitable maintaining the ramp up in both difficulty and energy costs from Act 1 through Act 5. I don't think it makes sense that Act 4 costs twice as much energy as Act 5. It should be less or about the same, not more. Difficulty is good.
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    Ivanka wrote: »
    Ivanka wrote: »


    Lol. Get over it, everyone else had to.
    "Waaaa waaaa waaaaa, paths are so long, make it easier for me waaaa waaaa waaaa, infact just give me the rewards and auto complete it for me please."

    Why is it there is such a high negative correlation between a poster's level of rudeness, smugness, and condescension... and the value, relevance and accuracy of their posts? It's like the more wrong you are, the more bold you get in expressing that wrong opinion.

    Nobody is whining here. We have a few thoughtful people posting constructive well reasoned ideas that would make the game better.

    Pointing out someone whining about the length of Act 4 paths isn't wrong, that's exactly what they're doing. Making it easier/cost less energy doesn't make it better, that's a lazy option.

    That's not how things work. You don't come into something people have been playing for years and say "Hey, I only just started, any chance you could just make this section easier for me?"

    I've been playing for years and nobody is whining. So you're wrong about not being wrong.

    Literally whining about the length of the Act 4 while saying you're not whining. You can't make this up.
  • SundogSundog Posts: 20
    I agree, ive been working on act 4 100% inbetween AQ for the past month and champter 2 is only done :/
  • AnthinhoAnthinho Posts: 241
    Sundog wrote: »
    I agree, ive been working on act 4 100% inbetween AQ for the past month and champter 2 is only done :/

    Oh well that's what everyone else did
  • Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    Nah you need to earn it like everyone else. 4 T2A not worth it? Feel free to not fully explore act 4 and move on to act 5. They’re not gonna nerf lab of legends just because it’s hard and the rewards were of higher relative value a while ago than they are now. Still gotta earn your way.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Ivanka wrote: »
    Ivanka wrote: »


    Lol. Get over it, everyone else had to.
    "Waaaa waaaa waaaaa, paths are so long, make it easier for me waaaa waaaa waaaa, infact just give me the rewards and auto complete it for me please."

    Why is it there is such a high negative correlation between a poster's level of rudeness, smugness, and condescension... and the value, relevance and accuracy of their posts? It's like the more wrong you are, the more bold you get in expressing that wrong opinion.

    Nobody is whining here. We have a few thoughtful people posting constructive well reasoned ideas that would make the game better.

    Pointing out someone whining about the length of Act 4 paths isn't wrong, that's exactly what they're doing. Making it easier/cost less energy doesn't make it better, that's a lazy option.

    That's not how things work. You don't come into something people have been playing for years and say "Hey, I only just started, any chance you could just make this section easier for me?"

    I've been playing for years and nobody is whining. So you're wrong about not being wrong.

    Literally whining about the length of the Act 4 while saying you're not whining. You can't make this up.

    Some ignorant person spouting off like he knows what he's talking about when he doesn't, all while ineptly using the word "literally" in a context where it doesn't apply. You don't have to make this up because it happens all the time. Anyway thanks very much for your valuable contribution to the thread.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Do the people that come along to threads like these just assume that others are whining and trying to get handouts because that's the only reason that they would post themselves? This is the "suggestions and requests" forum. Used properly, it's the place where people who enjoy the game and would like to see it grow and do well can come to make constructive suggestions on how to improve or enhance the game. People who are thoughtful and think about game design can share ideas they have here with Kabam's designers if they read the forums, and it can improve the experience of the game for everyone. How deranged do you have to be to read what I originally posted, which is exactly what I just described, and in your head you see "Waaahh!! Act 4 is too long!! Make it shorter!! I want free stuff!!" .... bizzare.

    I finished fully exploring Act 4 a year ago.
  • VimesVonlipVimesVonlip Posts: 177 ★★
    Ivanka wrote: »
    Ivanka wrote: »
    Ivanka wrote: »


    Lol. Get over it, everyone else had to.
    "Waaaa waaaa waaaaa, paths are so long, make it easier for me waaaa waaaa waaaa, infact just give me the rewards and auto complete it for me please."

    Why is it there is such a high negative correlation between a poster's level of rudeness, smugness, and condescension... and the value, relevance and accuracy of their posts? It's like the more wrong you are, the more bold you get in expressing that wrong opinion.

    Nobody is whining here. We have a few thoughtful people posting constructive well reasoned ideas that would make the game better.

    Pointing out someone whining about the length of Act 4 paths isn't wrong, that's exactly what they're doing. Making it easier/cost less energy doesn't make it better, that's a lazy option.

    That's not how things work. You don't come into something people have been playing for years and say "Hey, I only just started, any chance you could just make this section easier for me?"

    I've been playing for years and nobody is whining. So you're wrong about not being wrong.

    Literally whining about the length of the Act 4 while saying you're not whining. You can't make this up.

    Some ignorant person spouting off like he knows what he's talking about when he doesn't, all while ineptly using the word "literally" in a context where it doesn't apply. You don't have to make this up because it happens all the time. Anyway thanks very much for your valuable contribution to the thread.

    Literally: adverb, in a literal manner or sense; exactly.

    Whining: verb, complain in a feeble or petulant way.

    You are LITERALLY WHINING about the length of Act 4. Boom. Good day mate!
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,774 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    @VimesVonlip

    Again completely disagree with you here. Kabam cannot control server outages, it's through a third party. But they can make it easier for people to bridge the gap between a newer player and a veteran player. This actually benefits ALL parties here.
    1. The player gets to progress at a faster rate
    2. Kabam see that the player progresses faster, can make more money off end game content which is where the real money is
    3. the pool of talent for alliances increase to make it easier to recruit for. Having completed act 4 brings the player a certain degree of experience along with it. It's not act 5 by all means but there are many challenges along the way. Many players don't even bother with act 4 because it's so long, and that's the problem here.

    Your argument for that people need to stop complaining is not what these forums are for. It's to bring out a discussion with the community and Act 4 is major hurdle in the game, and a huge part of the game(If i had to guess the energy cost of Act 4 alone is somewhere around 40% of the entire game's energy cost outside of the EQ's with act 5 making up 33%). The only reason I can think of as to why Kabam hasn't reduced the energy cost for act 4 is to increase refill sales which they will get regardless if people are doing act 4 and doing EQ's
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    edited July 2018
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    the energy cost of Act 4 alone is somewhere around 40% of the entire game's energy cost outside of the EQ's with act 5 making up 33%).

    Well stated but I think it's even more extreme than what you state. Act 4 is very nearly double the total energy cost of Act 5. It should be less, not more, and certainly not double. If I had to guess at percentages I think it is more like 1% for Act 1, 3% for Act 2, 10% for Act 3, 30% for Act 5, and 56% for Act 4.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Or maybe it lies somewhere between the two estimates we each gave. This is the best (incomplete) data I could find:

    h8kkav7iv86p.jpg

    af3fy12yojb2.jpg
  • iamthegodofwariamthegodofwar Posts: 73
    Leave it. We completed act 4 with 3 energy each. Do the same.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    If they reduced energy costs for Act 4 from 3 to 2 then these would be the new energy costs to fully explore:

    4.1: 2020
    4.2: 2370
    4.3: 2956
    4.4: 2595

    slightly less for 4.1 and 4.2 compared to 5.1 and 5.2. I imagine that 4.3 and 4.4 would still cost more. But this would be much more in line with a natural progression and would make a lot more sense.

    And, for like the fifth time, I finished fully exploring Act 4 myself over a year ago.
  • IvankaIvanka Posts: 236
    Leave it. We completed act 4 with 3 energy each. Do the same.

    And my grandpa did all of his mobile gaming by detaching the tin can from the string and throwing it at cats. If it was good enough for him it should be good enough for all these dang whipper snappers!
  • hope4tghope4tg Posts: 149
    edited July 2018
    Just the fact that "act 4 energy cost is more than act 5" alone is absurd. With the amount of energy you spend on 4.3 exploration alone you can become uncollected and explore the first two chapters of act 5 completely. How does that make sense?
Sign In or Register to comment.