**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

30 MIN TIMERs HAVE BEEN GREAT

Comments

• KeonexKeonex Posts: 296 ★★★
    Kpthagreat wrote: »
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    30 minute timers are a actually terrible for me everything feels rushed and generally hours im hardly available. Then I get free time and my allaince is done with aq.

I’m sorry but this is an extremely poor excuse. It sounds like you have an activity problem and it seems your only worried about how it effects you versus 90% of the player based. Wow man, just wow..

Sounds like you have a problem only care about your group screw the guys not like you

Wow man,
    Just wow

See how quick that turned around your saying I have a problem while you ask for something more catered to YOU

If you actually read my posts, you see I stated 90% of the player base.

I think its more like 99% that would prefer 30 min timers, regardless of what TIER in AQ they are, only one person replied against, not sure if its even believable or just trolling.

Buticanseewhygold1
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    Many times this has come up and every time Kabam have said no, they wont ever change on this and it really sucks!!! (for want of a better word).

Summoners are obviously happier when we have 30min timers in Alliance Quest, this allows Summoners the chance to have a MCOC Life balance, this reduces the stress placed on Battle Group leaders/Officers with regards to organising and coordinating movements.

A Simple permanent implementation of 30 minute timers goes along way to summoner happiness.

What have you Kabam?

P.S. They wont change it #MakeAQGreatAgain
  • Sometimes it gets really hard to keep up because of the waiting , I was thinking of quitting the game because altogether when the game was down few days ago. But kabam implementing this 30mins for he AQ has been a dramatic change I begging to love this game again.. thank you... but I have to put this out there I reckon the 2* champions we get every Sunday is not right... I reckon it should be minimum of 3* champion in the reward section
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Keonex wrote: »
    30 minute timers are a actually terrible for me everything feels rushed and generally hours im hardly available. Then I get free time and my allaince is done with aq.

I’m sorry but this is an extremely poor excuse. It sounds like you have an activity problem and it seems your only worried about how it effects you versus 90% of the player based. Wow man, just wow..

Sounds like you have a problem only care about your group screw the guys not like you

Wow man,
    Just wow

See how quick that turned around your saying I have a problem while you ask for something more catered to YOU

I think its more like 99% that would prefer 30 min timers, regardless of what TIER in AQ they are, only one person replied against, not sure if its even believable or just trolling.

Buticanseewhygold1

This debate has come up so many times I'm almost hesitant to reply, but.....
    It's not a matter of for or against. I would also question that 99% as being not accurate, but anywho.
    The Timers are designed for 1-hour, and in that, there is ample time to finish with organization. They tried making the shorter Timers permanent, but there were issues.
    Besides the fact that they add extra pressure for people to move more often, which is contrary to the argument that they want people to log on more often, there are also people playing different Maps in different areas of the world. Some are logging on when we are logging off. Which means it's usually done before they can even participate. Now, those who want to finish as fast as possible don't see that as valid, but it's valid to the people who live in those areas.
    It's also still open for 24 hours, which means we're waiting regardless. No doubt people like to finish faster, but some have lives and can't log on every half an hour like the rest of us.
    Those are a couple reasons, and there are others, but just because people don't agree with them doesn't mean they're trolling. The system doesn't need to shortchange some because others want to do Map 5 and 6 faster, without having to wait for people to move. It's a team challenge, not a race.
  • SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,378 ★★★★★
    That's assuming that you have to move every 30 minutes, which I hope is not the case for your alliance.

Don't you arena MOST of your day anyway lol? So you have a lot of free time, no?[/quote]

Ok so I arena and half hr timers take me away from that more often. Still not a fan[/quote]

• GabbrosGabbros Posts: 156
    edited July 2018
    Community has always voiced in support of 30min timer. But Kabam wont do it. Prob they wanna keep using 30 min timers as a compensation... Next time something goes wrong and people demand for compensation, what are they gonna do?

imo though, if 30 min timer becomes permanent....not many would ask for compensation.
  • NikoBravoNikoBravo Posts: 447 ★★★
    They should stay for good, therefore they won’t.

#Kabamlogic
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    It’s not about finishing it faster. It’s about how 30 minute timers remove stress from the game and add back in enjoyment.

I despise running AQ. It’s been the same for over a year the only change is bad by adding sentinels. At least with shorter timers it seems to go but faster and I/we can get back to more enjoyable aspects of the game.

It’s not a race it’s a team working together and having fun. 1 hour timers in this AQ are not fun.
    How is it stressful? You wait, you move. If you're busy, you move when you can. Not hard.
    So, you mean the stress people place on themselves within Allies is the fault of the system? If someone is sleeping, work around it. Then they can move when they get up. 24 hours is enough time to finish a Map.
    I'm not even going to address the comment about Map 3 because even Map 6 is doable without stress. Part of being a Leader and an Officer is organizing around the schedules and availability people have. That doesn't have to involve chomping at the bit. It just involves knowing what you have to work with. The stress is added from people pushing to go faster.
  • RobinfifthRobinfifth Posts: 56
    So, you mean the stress people place on themselves within Allies is the fault of the system? If someone is sleeping, work around it. Then they can move when they get up. 24 hours is enough time to finish a Map.
    I'm not even going to address the comment about Map 3 because even Map 6 is doable without stress. Part of being a Leader and an Officer is organizing around the schedules and availability people have. That doesn't have to involve chomping at the bit. It just involves knowing what you have to work with. The stress is added from people pushing to go faster.

I didn't mean for the map 3 comment to be taken offensively. My alliance runs 55543 so I know from experience map 3 is not stressful at all. I don't know what maps you run I just know for myself and my alliance the amount of times we are completing map 5 with 30 minute or less left on the clock is stressful. I also have plenty of times that we complete the map with over 5 hours remaining and its a walk in the park. I just think it is a lot less stressful when you have 30 minute timers. My alliance falls apart at the end of each alliance war season so recruiting new people and learning there schedules and adjusting your lane assignments so people are unlinking eachother while they are both available can be a lot of work. This allows for much shorter windows to be required for them to be on simultaneously.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    @GroundedWisdom quote. The Timers are designed for 1-hour, and in that, there is ample time to finish with organization. They tried making the shorter Timers permanent, but there were issues.

When did they ever try and make 30 min timers permanent? I have been playing this game 3 years and the only time you get 30 min timers is when they had an issue. The reason the game is designed for 1 hr timers is to keep players logging in throughout the day. 30 min timers mean less times you have to log in. I actually log in less with 30 min timers. I will agree with you that it definitely should not be stressful with 1 hour or 30 min timers.
    Badrose wrote: »

Wow man,
    Just wow

Buticanseewhygold1

It's not a matter of for or against. I would also question that 99% as being not accurate, but anywho.
    The Timers are designed for 1-hour, and in that, there is ample time to finish with organization. They tried making the shorter Timers permanent, but there were issues.
    Besides the fact that they add extra pressure for people to move more often, which is contrary to the argument that they want people to log on more often, there are also people playing different Maps in different areas of the world. Some are logging on when we are logging off. Which means it's usually done before they can even participate. Now, those who want to finish as fast as possible don't see that as valid, but it's valid to the people who live in those areas.
    It's also still open for 24 hours, which means we're waiting regardless. No doubt people like to finish faster, but some have lives and can't log on every half an hour like the rest of us.
    Those are a couple reasons, and there are others, but just because people don't agree with them doesn't mean they're trolling. The system doesn't need to shortchange some because others want to do Map 5 and 6 faster, without having to wait for people to move. It's a team challenge, not a race.

That is the most pathetic excuse we have heard from kabam (and from you, of course). People playing in different areas of the world need to change their ally or their ally is not competitive at all so we don't care.

Imagine a guy from EU (like me) in an U.S. based ally with 6-9 hours difference in Time Zone, how can they play? Your 6PM ET is my midnight, you are in full activity while I'm already dreaming a sunny beach and a drink with a half naked beautiful woman and not removing any node in AQ/AW. Is that even possibile? No, so this is a false problem, and maybe a 30 min. timer would even help the few people (if any) who plays in different areas of the world.

So, the only ones who matter are the ones playing competitively, and if it negatively affects others, they should switch Allies? Lol. Right.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    Badrose wrote: »

Wow man,
    Just wow

Buticanseewhygold1

That is the most pathetic excuse we have heard from kabam (and from you, of course). People playing in different areas of the world need to change their ally or their ally is not competitive at all so we don't care.

Imagine a guy from EU (like me) in an U.S. based ally with 6-9 hours difference in Time Zone, how can they play? Your 6PM ET is my midnight, you are in full activity while I'm already dreaming a sunny beach and a drink with a half naked beautiful woman and not removing any node in AQ/AW. Is that even possibile? No, so this is a false problem, and maybe a 30 min. timer would even help the few people (if any) who plays in different areas of the world.

So, the only ones who matter are the ones playing competitively, and if it negatively affects others, they should switch Allies? Lol. Right.

How would 30 minute timers have a negative affect?

This past 30 Minute AQs this round my alliance has had equal participation. Map 5 has taken us an “overnight” just as normal. But has not rushed people through dinner then kid time, or waking up early, or long baño breaks at work. And we play from USA to UK to India and farther.

So yeah tell me how everyone participating and no one hunting down other players to move is negative. How oh how is it bad for anyone?!?! You don’t have to log in every 30 minutes. This allows you to walk away for a bit and take care of life and when you do log in have plenty of time to clear nodes.
    There's plenty of time to finish at 1 hour. There are some people playing lower Maps who don't even get to play by the time they log on because of shortened Timers. I already explained that.
  • PlantesanPlantesan Posts: 335 ★★
    Drop it to the happy medium of 45-minutes. 30-min definitely relieves the stresses of having to check in as often as we have to (this is also coming from a somewhat stable alliance when it comes to the AQ runs, my apologies newcomers)

If the alliance is stressing to get it done quicker, they need to either chillax or choose another AQ roster that won’t hinder them from other content.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★

Wow man,
    Just wow

Buticanseewhygold1

No they didn't try to make them permanent. They never did. I posted way back when when they first offered them and had the whole community,leaders from many alliances and the masses rallying around it, and it was a big FU right back. Huge a$$ thread. Tons of well thought out responses and pleas. And in turn we all got the big finger.

This thread is pointless. Shame this was before the new forums started or I would point you to the thread.
    crogs wrote: »

Wow man,
    Just wow

Buticanseewhygold1

No they didn't try to make them permanent. They never did. I posted way back when when they first offered them and had the whole community,leaders from many alliances and the masses rallying around it, and it was a big FU right back. Huge a$$ thread. Tons of well thought out responses and pleas. And in turn we all got the big finger.

This thread is pointless. Shame this was before the new forums started or I would point you to the thread.

Actually, they did try making them permanent. Commented by Adora. I would cite it, but the old Forum is no longer up.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Never did they try and make them permanent. I hate when people make things up just to try and justify their stance.
This discussion has been closed.