**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    Iphone 7 plus
    IOS 11.2.5
  • DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Game has started crashing again during after fight animation.
    Phone - Moto G5 plus
    OS-android 7.0
  • drgarbonzowitzdrgarbonzowitz Posts: 21
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 6s
    Running iOS 11.4

Phone getting extremely hot.

Game drains battery much faster than usual.

Both of these issues new since v19.0 update.

Better fix this game before people stop playing because their devices are fried.
  • Dmonster69Dmonster69 Posts: 15
    Since update, while playing mcoc my volume shuts off completely and my phone crashes to black screen. It is very hot and battery is draining way faster then it ever has! I’ve had to hard reset my phone multiple times now
    iPhone 7 Plus
    iOS 11.4
    Verizon
    WiFi
  • JediJones77JediJones77 Posts: 149
    OS - iOS 11.4
    Device Model - iPhone 6 Plus 64GB
    Carrier - Verizon
    WiFi or Cellular Network - WiFi

I've been dealing with some of the same issues as others for the last several weeks, including very slow loading of the Champion icons on any screen that shows them laid out, fights that experience lag, the phone getting very hot after a while, etc. The game was becoming unplayable but I was able to reduce these problems significantly by turning off "app background refresh" in the iPhone settings (this setting gets turned off for the entire phone and all apps). I already completely close out almost all other apps while playing MCOC.

This week's update to the game has made the existing problems worse and introduced more severe and bizarre ones. The fights are now experiencing choppiness even before the phone gets hot. I'm seeing this after playing about 10 arena rounds. The graphics start showing a weird, almost "strobe-like" effect, where the freezing and changing back to regular play happens so fast that I can see a rapid choppiness in the graphics that looks like strobing. This strobing never happened before this new game update. Eventually this becomes a more prolonged recurring lag that makes it impossible to play, similar to the lag that I was seeing in recent weeks. The phone also gets very hot by this time.

There was another first-time issue today which has never happened on my phone before under any circumstances. During a fight with the "Age of Ultron" background up (seems to be the background that has always caused the most lag), the sound just SHUT OFF in the middle of the fight. The up and down volume buttons on the side of the phone were completely unresponsive, not even resulting in a volume level bar appearing on the screen. As soon as I minimized the app, the volume came back, and the bar suddenly appeared as if it was coming back from a lag. Then the volume cut out the same way again in the very next fight. I haven't seen the issue happen a third time yet after playing some more fights.

Meanwhile other problems, such as slow graphic loading on various screens and slow loading of the start of a fight, seem to be coming back more prominently again. I think the hotter the phone gets, the slower everything about the game starts to get.
  • Jmac44Jmac44 Posts: 2
    Overheating causes shutdown when playing lol shortly after downloading version 19.
    iPhone 6s
    IOS 11.4
    Verizon
    Wifi
  • Darkstar4387Darkstar4387 Posts: 2,145 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Moto e4 plus
    Android

Phone is overheating.
    Battery is draining quickly.
    It won't charge properly while playing the game

As soon as I stop playing it starts charging again.
  • Sujeet_25Sujeet_25 Posts: 1
    Version 18 was fine, but since updating to version 19 my phone starts getting very very hot while I play and battery goes down 100 to 60 within 40 minutes.. i will not play until this problem solve..
    i phone-SE and 6s
    I OS-11.4
    Both wifi and cellular
  • MPKalaMPKala Posts: 40
    iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7
    Verizon
    WiFi and Data

Entire phone resets after about an hour of playing without closing the app. Noticing other apps failing to load after playing this game for about an hour. Phone is very hot at this point. Seems to cause some choppy frame rates once it reaches a certain tempurature.
  • Sman74Sman74 Posts: 95
    Same as others. No previous issues but since 19.0 game has suddenly crashed and phone goes to black screen with white spinning loading circle. All buttons unresponsive for well over a minute. Don’t play with sound on so I don’t know if it went away prior to black screen. I did notice increased lag and choppiness prior to crash.
    iPhone 7+
    IOS 11.4
    Verizon
    WiFi
    Game is not playable for any length of time now before overheating. This is obviously a widespread issue based on the length of this thread. This needs to be focus by the game team. Thanks and keep us in the loop with updates.
  • L3pa_DL3pa_D Posts: 60
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7+ / iPad Pro
    iOS 11.4
    Carrier EE/WiFi
    Version 19.0
    Any mode of game play as soon as I updated to 19.0 (EQ, arena, SQ, AQ, AW etc) phone is overheating and shutting down.. phone was getting unbearably hot after it restarted and taking longer and longer to restart so I went over to my iPad Pro (brand new) same thing happening (made sure no other apps running in background in both) this is not happening when running any other apps I have even simultaneously (minus This game) and batteries draining much faster.. this looks like it could potentially be very dangerous and will also break my brand new iPad and phone. Please look into this ASAP.
    Thanks
  • iOs 11.4
    iPhone SE
    Wifi

Phone is heating and consumes battery faster.
  • BDVMBDVM Posts: 67
    edited July 2018
    6 month old Iphone 6S with latest IOS update. Since the new V19.0 update, major heating detected after 1 boss fight of 100 hits or more. Previous to the MCOC update, my phone only heated up after many hours of playing with "multiple" 250 hit plus fights. Does anyone have the updated recommended phone hardware spec's "before" and "after" V19.0 update from Kabam? This is clearly "not a hardware issue" but a software issue due to a performance uptick in graphics settings from the game itself. It is easy to notice the increased picture detail and motion effects of characters while playing the game since the release of V19.0. Heat output is exponentially worse the lower the charge gets on the phone battery. I have also attempted to play with the phone plugged into AC power and that is also problematic as the heat is still many times greater than when I used to do this in a pinch with pre-V19.0 MCOC. No matter what is done by Kabam to fix this, could there not be a graphic settings option for the player in the Setting Tab?
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    L3pa_D wrote: »
    iPhone 7+ / iPad Pro
    iOS 11.4
    Carrier EE/WiFi
    Version 19.0
    Any mode of game play as soon as I updated to 19.0 (EQ, arena, SQ, AQ, AW etc) phone is overheating and shutting down.. phone was getting unbearably hot after it restarted and taking longer and longer to restart so I went over to my iPad Pro (brand new) same thing happening (made sure no other apps running in background in both) this is not happening when running any other apps I have even together (minus This game).. this looks like it could potentially be very dangerous and will also break my brand new iPad and phone. Please look into this ASAP.
    Thanks

Lol.. happens to your brand new iPad...Wow that's crazy. 18.0 introduced a little lag but this is crazy, actually could be damaging phone it's so bad. They need to fix this yesterday.
  • L3pa_DL3pa_D Posts: 60
    iPhone 7+ / iPad Pro
    iOS 11.4
    Carrier EE/WiFi
    Version 19.0
    Any mode of game play as soon as I updated to 19.0 (EQ, arena, SQ, AQ, AW etc) phone is overheating and shutting down.. phone was getting unbearably hot after it restarted and taking longer and longer to restart so I went over to my iPad Pro (brand new) same thing happening (made sure no other apps running in background in both) this is not happening when running any other apps I have even simultaneously (minus This game) and batteries draining much faster
    Before this happens game stutters in frame rate and glitches and freezes in mid fights .. this looks like it could potentially be very dangerous and will also break my brand new iPad and phone. Please look into this ASAP.
    Thanks
  • AEGONAEGON Posts: 9
    iPhone 6 running ios 11.04, heating up like hell after this 19.0 update its really ruining the gaming experience
  • PiiitiPiiiti Posts: 13
    edited July 2018
    Terrible issues for me too:
    - overheating, especially when charging and using phone at the same time
    - extreme battery draining
    - charging goes very slow
    - warning from phone it emergency rebooted due to unexpected peak in power demand, auto activated energy management function
    - WiFi broken (switches to 4G and doesn't find any WiFi networks when re-activating WiFi)

Phone: iPhone 6S
    iOs: 11.4 (issue started pre-update, updating iOs did not fix issue)
    Lag seems slightly less after iOs update though

You really need to do something guys, this nonsense has made my phone useless.

Edit: Issue acts up on both WiFi (when it shortly works after rebooting phone) and 4G
  • bharatgaurbharatgaur Posts: 6
    iPhone 7
    iOS 11.4
    phone screen goes black and then a circle appears rotating like buffering a video.
    Plus last time whole cell phone got stuck for several minutes ... i had to long press switch off button but even that didnt work out.
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    I’m having the same problem. I’ve had to hard reset my phone 4 times today. Unable to take screenshots, phone gets very hot, unresponsive to touch. Using iPhone 7+, wifi is Comcast and carrier is Verizon (it happens on LTE/WiFi), IOS is 11.4. This is just since the most recent update to the game.
  • DestroyerDestroyer Posts: 130

OS - 11.0.2
    Device Model - iPhone 8 Plus (MQ8G2LL/A)
    Carrier - No SIM, WiFi only
    Wifi or Cellular Network - Use ATT at home, Spectrum at office, Verizon Cellular Hotspot on the go.

The following has occurred only AFTER updating to 19.0:

Phone has started to become very hot after 30min of play and my battery is draining much faster than normal. Getting the lag and choppy play (frame drops?) that others have reported here. No other apps on this phone, it is dedicated to mcoc gameplay only. I have been shutting the game down when I feel the phone getting warm thanks to everyone reporting this issue, so haven't experienced the device freeze. This is happening on all three networks listed above. This device has run the game with hardly any issues for the past 8 months. I often play for 4 hrs straight, sometimes more, and have never experienced the device even getting warm. The only thing that has happened in the past is the random app shut downs that seemed to be rampant a few months back. Thank you for your attention to this matter!
  • Batang_xBatang_x Posts: 19
    Kabam!! Right in the kisser! Messing with my rhythm here kabam....

rg5qv2squmx3.png
  • Gjeodet1Gjeodet1 Posts: 14
    iPhone 7
    IOS
    Just burned out my phone with this game. Won’t open it anymore just lost almost 500$ for a stupid game... not your fault tbh I enjoyed my time but I won’t download it again in my new phone. 1hap8lydkyrf.jpeg
  • DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    Im playing on my daughter's low-end android and having a hard time in the arena coz I always lose hahaha. Right now Im exploring return-to-the-micro-realm heroic on auto-combat lol 🤪
  • DoonxDoonx Posts: 182
    Badly need update on ios version asap. Pls @admin
  • ZzSkyWaveszZZzSkyWaveszZ Posts: 27
    OS - 11.4
    Device Model - iPhone 7
    Carrier - Airtel
    Wifi or Cellular Network - Use Wifi at home and cellular when roaming

The following has occurred only AFTER updating to 19.0:

Phone has started to become very hot after 30min of play and my battery is draining much faster than normal. Getting the lag and choppy play (frame drops?) that others have reported here. No other apps on this phone, it is dedicated to mcoc gameplay only. I have been shutting the game down when I feel the phone getting warm thanks to everyone reporting this issue, so haven't experienced the device freeze.This device has run the game with hardly any issues for the past 2 years months. I often play for 2 hrs straight, sometimes more, and have never experienced the device even getting warm. The only thing that has happened in the past is the random app shut downs that seemed to be rampant a few months back. Thank you for your attention to this matter!
  • Andyw1968Andyw1968 Posts: 4
    Since the update both my iPhone and iPad have been having problems. My iPhone gets extremely hot when playing for only about 15 minutes and I have to stop playing. My iPad has shut down 3 times when playing. I get a black screen with a little circle as if something is loading and then screen goes blank.
  • ZzSkyWaveszZZzSkyWaveszZ Posts: 27
    Same other apps cant be opened after the phone is hot and i got the error same shown in the above pic
  • My battery is literally toasted by this game. After the update and some gaming yesterday, my battery is now losing power without me touching it, at a very high speed. yesterday it went from 100-zero power in 3,5 hours with just a few whatsapp messages. Im going to have to replace it. I have serious doubt to ever play this game anymore when i have a new battery.

The good thing is; i can easily skip all those deals cuz when i cant play, they are of no use!
This discussion has been closed.