**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What About F2P?

WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
Look guys, I realize that money can get you ahead in this game... that's fine. What I don't appreciate is a complete lack of acknowledgement to all of the dedicated F2P in MCoC. I know there was absolutely no reason to expect anything, but still, it would have been nice to receive an email with some free gifts for the 4th. Instead you give all the whales opportunity to buy like 5 5* heroes... What the heck?!? What ever happened to balance? The rich get richer and the poor get poorer... great business model. It's really sad that you can't even do something to acknowledge the rest of us in the game who don't have the funds to throw at virtual 5* heroes but still support your game to this day.

Comments

• RJ03RJ03 Posts: 67
    edited July 2018
    well... you still have nice offers that you can buy with only units... and you don't need to waste money on units.. just start collecting them for the next big day...
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    If you're F2P, the unit deals were the ones for you. You should have a nice stack of saved up units to spend on those deals. Nothing is free, except compensation. lol
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Ok guys let's be honest though... what kind of F2P has 15k units lying around? I would hazard a guess at not many.
    Losspik wrote: »
    I'm sorry to say that although you 'support' the game by playing daily the time you spend playing does little to actually keep the game alive.

Unfortunately Money keeps it going like it or not.

Also there WERE unit deals available for F2P players, Units are available in game through normal gameplay, you can easily grind up 2-3k units in a month by playing arena and pushing daily events.

If you chose not to save your units that is down to your lack of foresight. I personally did not spend a dime on any deals as I am looking for a class specific Awakening gem BUT I did drop 5k of my ground out units on the unit deals.

I understand what you are saying but I don't believe that the extremely large pool of F2P doesn't help to support this game. If you only had the people that spend regularly playing this game it would be a small community. Also grinding 2-3k units a month is very unrealistic. That would be possible only if I had no job and no life. Another thing. Those unit deals weren't geared towards F2P. They were geared towards the spenders. If you noticed, none of the $100 offers had units in them forcing the whales to not only spend money on the 5* crystals, but also on the Odins pack. I really just wanted to point out that they are ignoring a large part of the MCoC community by pushing these expensive deals. It would have made sense to send out some free rewards to everyone just as a thank you and in celebration of the Holiday.
  • NewYorkSmittyNewYorkSmitty Posts: 67
    Werewrym wrote: »
    Ok guys let's be honest though... what kind of F2P has 15k units lying around? I would hazard a guess at not many.

The kind of f2p player that knew to expect unit offers to come in since last year. Everybody who planned for it had the units to buy the offers. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Kabam took a decision a long time ago to fund the game through less frequent big-spenders, rather than cultivating more frequent smaller spends by more people.

I'm not criticising or complaining - it's a perfectly effective business model.

However as a F2P player, what this decision means is that your only real value to the company is to provide opposition to their paying customers.

Hence, the deals available via units, which are more targeted at F2P, will tend to be less desirable than the ones you pay for. And hence the decision (still) not to offer any kind of F2P way of getting Red Deadpool. Those deals are for the people who pay for the game. The unit deals need to be enough to keep us playing, but (by design) won't be good enough for us to 'keep up'.

Personally, I'm happy for the whales; even grateful that the big spenders keep a game going which I enjoy, but only spend small amounts on for occasional special deals. I'd probably have spent more personally if the game was designed around small microspending; but it isn't so I haven't. I still get to have fun playing.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★
    I'm sorry to say that although you 'support' the game by playing daily the time you spend playing does little to actually keep the game alive.

Also there WERE unit deals available for F2P players, Units are available in game through normal gameplay, you can easily grind up 2-3k units in a month by playing arena and pushing daily events.

If you chose not to save your units that is down to your lack of foresight. I personally did not spend a dime on any deals as I am looking for a class specific Awakening gem BUT I did drop 5k of my ground out units on the unit deals.

I understand what you are saying but I don't believe that the extremely large pool of F2P doesn't help to support this game. If you only had the people that spend regularly playing this game it would be a small community. Also grinding 2-3k units a month is very unrealistic. That would be possible only if I had no job and no life. Another thing. Those unit deals weren't geared towards F2P. They were geared towards the spenders. If you noticed, none of the $100 offers had units in them forcing the whales to not only spend money on the 5* crystals, but also on the Odins pack. I really just wanted to point out that they are ignoring a large part of the MCoC community by pushing these expensive deals. It would have made sense to send out some free rewards to everyone just as a thank you and in celebration of the Holiday.

um... "the $100 deals" most certainly had units with them.

Still not sure how free rewards makes sense. So because I spend, I should be given more opportunities to spend? Lol.

Losspik is correct in that F2P doesn’t offer the same value to Kabam as paying pantera do, hence the opportunity to cash in on the cash and unit offers.

The point is this, I often find that when players have criticisms or requests like these, it hasn’t little do with Kabam and more to do with Thierry own personal situation. In your case you said 2-3k units per month is unrealistic because of life. Then so be it. If you don’t have the time and you won’t spend then you have to accept that your progression will be slower, or you have to find another game.

• LiamSeanLiamSean Posts: 5
    10k offer seemed too expensive I reckon, u can buy total 5k unit deals if u have save enough... I personally managed to save up to 8k-9k grinding arena, doing all quest including uncollected, open uncoll arena crystals, etc...Kabam always come up with a good deal t4b offer I can't resist so mostly i can save up around 3k now...getting units is easy as long as u know how to get it from and u have time for playing mcoc bud
    Ok I can see you all are reading this as a complaint... it really is not one. It is me pointing out as a free player that in everything that happened with the holiday yesterday F2P were basically ignored. I know we aren't owed anything but it would be good business to give away some free stuff on a big holiday like the 4th. Instead the spenders got the opportunity to buy themselves 5 5* champs and F2P were ignored. My point here is that regardless of whether we support the game with our money, we are still supporting it with our time and that should count for something.
    Stewman wrote: »

Not the ones with 5* crystals.
  • AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    edited July 2018

True, but as others have mentioned unit offers have appeared many times before on days like July 4th. So any knowledgeable FTP player would hoard units for days like these.I didn't buy any of the cash offers, but I had 10k units from arena grinding and quickly lapped up the 1k and 4K unit offers.

A full t2A, 1 5* crystals and a bunch of t4b and t1a from basically a month's worth of grinding? Thank you very much.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

I had. And I bought the offers yesterday.
    Is just a matter of pacience in grinding and not spend the units. I had 30k units at the beginning of kast month, enough for 2x of these offers

Still not sure how free rewards makes sense. So because I spend, I should be given more opportunities to spend? Lol.

Losspik is correct in that F2P doesn’t offer the same value to Kabam as paying pantera do, hence the opportunity to cash in on the cash and unit offers.

The point is this, I often find that when players have criticisms or requests like these, it hasn’t little do with Kabam and more to do with Thierry own personal situation. In your case you said 2-3k units per month is unrealistic because of life. Then so be it. If you don’t have the time and you won’t spend then you have to accept that your progression will be slower, or you have to find another game.

I understand my progression will be slower and I'm fine with that. I am a good enough player that this doesn't really effect me. My point here is that Kabam ignored a large portion of the player base in releasing these offers. Regardless of whether we support Kabam with our money, we still support them with our time and that should count for something.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    edited July 2018
    I'm a casual spender I would say and this game is definitely not geared towards f2p players as far as progression goes. I bought a couple of the 4th deals. And spend an Odin every now and then. And I'm still far behind the whales of this game. They have to keep them happy. Cause why would you want 1 million players spending 20 bucks per deal when you can have 1 whale spend 20k per month on the same deal. Just saying.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

I understand my progression will be slower and I'm fine with that. I am a good enough player that this doesn't really effect me. My point here is that Kabam ignored a large portion of the player base in releasing these offers. Regardless of whether we support Kabam with our money, we still support them with our time and that should count for something.

u playing the game as a f2p is not benefting them at all,

u should of saved ur units for units offer.

here a head start....and a hint

start saving ur units for these kinds of offers. also ima guess another 4th of july deal next year!
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    Wasn't the one t4b deal. With a bunch of shards only 1000 units? That seemed doable for f2p people. Don't know what they really expect otherwise. People want to progress like the spenders and feel slighted when they can't and complain they can't catch up or compete and so on.

Either save your units for the big things when they pop up or accept your fate and progression in the game. Acceptance is key. Otherwise you are just continually frustrated with unrealistic expectations. They didn't create the game because they know your love of marvel. They are in it to be profitable. I drop $20 once in a while because I look at it like gambling. I take $200 to the blackjack table. If I can play for 3 or 4 hrs and break even or take a small loss, I've been entertained and paid for that entertainment. If I win its bonus. Just like apps in the store. If an app has a free and paid version, and I use the free one regularly, I pay for it to get rid of the ads or the improved features and to support the developer. We all make choices. You just need to learn to live with yours and not get annoyed when they don't live up to your expectations.

start saving ur units for these kinds of offers. also ima guess another 4th of july deal next year!

Ok well I disagree that F2P don't benefit them at all. We play the game don't we? As for saving, yeah maybe I will... but then again we will see how much it costs to run the new AW maps. Grinding arena doesn't work for me, and I usually run just the uncollected monthly EQ, so no units there either.

Sure it counts, so much so that you can continue to play this ad-free game for free. What more do you want?

Sure it counts, so much so that you can continue to play this ad-free game for free. What more do you want?

For Kabam to start acknowledging the entire player base. Is that too much to ask? Lol

For Kabam to start acknowledging the entire player base. Is that too much to ask? Lol

I see. So you don’t get the 4hr crystal or the daily crystal. You don’t get the calendar rewards. You get no rewards from the solo or alliance events. You get nothing from AQ. You get no milestones from arena. Compensation doesn’t show up to your inbox when it’s sent out. You don’t get offers for just units. Your energy doesn’t refill to 70 time.

Is that correct?
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,860 ★★★★★
    Stewman wrote: »

Not the ones with 5* crystals.

If you buy the $100 Offer, it was a Odins vault unit pack. 3100 units, t2A shards, t5b shards and a 5* hero crystal.
    I can see that at least on the forums I am in the minority. Let me just say I understand and can say that you all make fair points. Im just pointing out, it would have been good buisiness to give out some rewards to everyone, however small that would be.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★

Saving those kind of units is unrealistic and you know it. This only works if you're an incredibly skilled player and time all events out perfectly to fit into your daily schedule. This game is hard. You say otherwise then you are spending to win. These whales that spend so much spend for progress. They definitely have the skill. So if you're not at that kind of skill level you can easily spend what little units you earn in this game on staying alive and completing content. I just bought 5k units. They will all be gone soon just on finishing Act 5 (maybe) and this months EQ. I'm not the best player. Harder fights might take me a revive or two and that's not cheap.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    Nothing is free and if it isn't worth much and you get what u payed for lol
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91

If you don't have the foresight and patience to save for deals, don't complain when you don't have the units to buy them.

I see. So you don’t get the 4hr crystal or the daily crystal. You don’t get the calendar rewards. You get no rewards from the solo or alliance events. You get nothing from AQ. You get no milestones from arena. Compensation doesn’t show up to your inbox when it’s sent out. You don’t get offers for just units. Your energy doesn’t refill to 70 time.

Is that correct?

That is beside the point. Yes of course we get everything that the game offers. However to celebrate the holiday Kabam failed to include everyone in their "celebration" as such. It would have been in their favor to do something for the entire community and not just cater to the spenders and people saving units for years

Saving those kind of units is unrealistic and you know it. This only works if you're an incredibly skilled player and time all events out perfectly to fit into your daily schedule. This game is hard. You say otherwise then you are spending to win. These whales that spend so much spend for progress. They definitely have the skill. So if you're not at that kind of skill level you can easily spend what little units you earn in this game on staying alive and completing content. I just bought 5k units. They will all be gone soon just on finishing Act 5 (maybe) and this months EQ. I'm not the best player. Harder fights might take me a revive or two and that's not cheap.

Okay but Act 5 is your priority at the moment. If it weren’t, you’d he able to hang onto your units. Also, that argument about what’s realistic and unrealistic doesn’t fly. It’s just about how you manage your time and if stacking units is important to you or not.
This discussion has been closed.