**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

LAUNCHING JULY 15: New Alliance Events Discussion Thread

Comments

• RonildasRonildas Posts: 63
    The change was needed and I would like to say congratulations on recent decisions!

If I can, I would like to say that, in the near future, would be nice to rise the availability of t3 class cats. The drop rate is really low on daily events. Maybe including them on the 1-day alliance events is a good thing to do.
  • HULK_BREAK wrote: »
    gqq1i28z7752.jpg

maybe are fragment ? :D

... Yes. Those should say fragments. I'll fix that.
  • LinK wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious

Will the 8 1-day alliance events be on a fixed rotation or will they be on a random rotation?

They will be on a fixed rotation, as they are right now.
  • Vivek_786Vivek_786 Posts: 217
    Shut down of duel event is a self compensation
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    For me the SA fells like it wuld Award so less 5 Stars if u Not Can get over 500k point with is a shame for peppel ther didt hav thah much problems. It fells we only get 150 for rank rewards if u reach it then from peak rewards is 350 with is the same pliz buff it.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,554 Guardian
    Deadly2016 wrote: »
    am i the only one realizing you get less 5* shards from the 3day events now if your not rank 30 or lower?

I'm wondering if this is compensated for by virtue of the fact that we now also have one day events running concurrently, so you can theoretically be earning milestones and rewards for two different alliance events simultaneously. For example, if the one day item use event is running during the three day item use event, then you will be earning normal milestone rewards for the one day event and peak milestone credit for the three day event with the same effort.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    am i the only one realizing you get less 5* shards from the 3day events now if your not rank 30 or lower?

I'm wondering if this is compensated for by virtue of the fact that we now also have one day events running concurrently, so you can theoretically be earning milestones and rewards for two different alliance events simultaneously. For example, if the one day item use event is running during the three day item use event, then you will be earning normal milestone rewards for the one day event and peak milestone credit for the three day event with the same effort.

I believe the 75 5* shards is a part of the final milestone in the 3-day event itself, along with extra 4* shards and whatever rank rewards you qualify for. It's not perfect for alliances that used to be in that 1% to 50% range in the old format, but not horrible either.
    Thawnim wrote: »

I believe the 75 5* shards is a part of the final milestone in the 3-day event itself, along with extra 4* shards and whatever rank rewards you qualify for.

I believe the poster I quoted is saying that hypothetically speaking an alliance that places, say, at 1% in the three day event now would get 125 5* shards for the rank rewards (and none in any of the milestones), but in the new system they are likely to get 75 5* shards for the top peak milestone and no 5* shards for the rank rewards, a net drop in 5* shards.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »

I believe the 75 5* shards is a part of the final milestone in the 3-day event itself, along with extra 4* shards and whatever rank rewards you qualify for.

I believe the poster I quoted is saying that hypothetically speaking an alliance that places, say, at 1% in the three day event now would get 125 5* shards for the rank rewards (and none in any of the milestones), but in the new system they are likely to get 75 5* shards for the top peak milestone and no 5* shards for the rank rewards, a net drop in 5* shards.

I think we meant the same thing. I was just editing my response to expand on what I meant before you posted your reply. :)
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike I haven't seen this answered anywhere yet, could you please tell us if we get JUST the milestone we reach at the end, or do we also get all the rewards for the milestones we pass along the way (and they just aren't delivered until it's over)?
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    FineDog wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I haven't seen this answered anywhere yet, could you please tell us if we get JUST the milestone we reach at the end, or do we also get all the rewards for the milestones we pass along the way (and they just aren't delivered until it's over)?

It’s just highest milestone you reach and it’s delivered like rank rewards are.
    FineDog wrote: »

The rewards are peak milestone rewards, as stated in the announcement. Kabam explicitly announced and explained what peak milestone rewards are just prior to making these newer announcements. I don't think it is necessary for Kabam to specify that the way they just described how peak milestones work will also apply to the very announcement they stated was coming afterward.
  • Summoners,

Due to some overheating and performance issues that we are investigating following our 19.0 release, we will be delaying the release of our new 1-Day and 3-Day Alliance Events, our new iteration of Alliance Quests and our update to the Glory Store.

We do not currently have an ETA for these new Events and Alliance Quests, but will let you all know as soon as we have more information regarding their release, and the results of our investigation surrounding our 19.0 release.

We apologize for this delay.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Please hold off on starting new AW season until this is fixed. I can tolerate an occasional arena and solo quest crash, but playing Russian Roulette in alliance war diring seasons is unreasonable. @Kabam Miike
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    @Thawnim @DNA3000 yeah exactly i usually look at the rewards behind the top spots to estimate buff or nerf on rewards.
    for the 3/1 day events its looking like you get less 5* shards when your rank31- top 15%.
    dont get me wrong the rest of the rewards are going up, i do like the energy refill in the reward too (thats 30 units). and sure its not the big earner of the 5* shards either, but for the top1% after the rank30 you get 2/5th less than before (50 shards less). in an active ally thats ranking top1% each time that number adds up to about 500 shards a month they miss out on due to the change.
    the 1 day event may compensate a little but the rewards there arent changing so no 5* shards from those.

i dont mind if kabam is rewarding the top 0.01% a little more then the top 5%, but with aw, aq, sa and 3day its getting quite frustrating for any player that trys to catch up without being in an ally that expects you to spend 2-3k units a week. the guys below top 30% may actually profit from most changes but its the 5%-30% range that sees the rewards drifting apart with each update.
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Summoners,

Due to some overheating and performance issues that we are investigating following our 19.0 release, we will be delaying the release of our new 1-Day and 3-Day Alliance Events, our new iteration of Alliance Quests and our update to the Glory Store.

We do not currently have an ETA for these new Events and Alliance Quests, but will let you all know as soon as we have more information regarding their release, and the results of our investigation surrounding our 19.0 release.

We apologize for this delay.

Will you put back the “old” events until releasing the new ones?
    It seems like today events were skipped.
  • @Kabam Miike is the delay going to effect the normal alliance events? Haven't seen any starting at all. The rewards are small but getting none will affect sa points for some
    i dont mind if kabam is rewarding the top 0.01% a little more then the top 5%, but with aw, aq, sa and 3day its getting quite frustrating for any player that trys to catch up without being in an ally that expects you to spend 2-3k units a week.

If you're trying to catch up with the top players in the game, stop. You're not going to. The fact that you're complaining about the effort required to catch them means you're never going to catch them. You need to set more realistic goals for your game progress. You had no hope of doing so before the reward updates, and you had no hope of doing so at any other point in time in the game. The top players are the ones that out play, out grind, and out spend everyone else. The game is not now, nor ever, going to give you a way to catch up to that without actually doing that.

The top alliances are constantly shuffling their own ranks, dropping players who are already at those levels to make room for even more grindy more spendy players. Being a top player in the game doesn't guarantee you that spot indefinitely, or alliance memberships would never change. If you don't want to outspend them now to catch up to them, you have no chance of maintaining that position even if it was handed to you. The reward system isn't making anything impossible that wasn't already impossible.
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    If these changes were set to start up in the next few days how do they correlate to the overheating issues? Also will the glory store costs be changed or are they delayed too? Sorry I'm just not seeing how finally implementing positive changes relates to the issue of certain devices overheating. I understand prioritizing that issue before these others, I'm just not getting why both can't happen simultaneously, especially since the changes to AW are still going into effect.

If it was just a question of overheating, I'd still be cautious about pushing any new features live with potentially unstable clients just after an eight hour downtime. But it isn't just about overheating and shutdowns. My phone isn't overheating or shutting down, but I've been experiencing very strange behavior since 19.0 in lots of different parts of the game. I'm not convinced there isn't a broader problem at play here involving either the game client or a combination of the game client and the instructions coming from the game servers. If I was in charge, it is the decision I would make myself.

The ultimate answer to why I would do that is pretty simple. I would rather a million game players blame me for delaying an update than a million game players blame me for crashing the system for the second time in a month. I would rather be stubbornly conservative than an idiot, even at a hundred to one odds.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike couldn't the glory store prices be adjusted now? That change neither seems complicated nor likely to worsen the overheating issues.
  • Deadly2016Deadly2016 Posts: 75
    i dont mind if kabam is rewarding the top 0.01% a little more then the top 5%, but with aw, aq, sa and 3day its getting quite frustrating for any player that trys to catch up without being in an ally that expects you to spend 2-3k units a week.

If you're trying to catch up with the top players in the game, stop. You're not going to. The fact that you're complaining about the effort required to catch them means you're never going to catch them. You need to set more realistic goals for your game progress. You had no hope of doing so before the reward updates, and you had no hope of doing so at any other point in time in the game. The top players are the ones that out play, out grind, and out spend everyone else. The game is not now, nor ever, going to give you a way to catch up to that without actually doing that.

The top alliances are constantly shuffling their own ranks, dropping players who are already at those levels to make room for even more grindy more spendy players. Being a top player in the game doesn't guarantee you that spot indefinitely, or alliance memberships would never change. If you don't want to outspend them now to catch up to them, you have no chance of maintaining that position even if it was handed to you. The reward system isn't making anything impossible that wasn't already impossible.

sorry to say that but thats just wrong... if you are dedicated to grind hard you could get quite close to the big guys.
    sure no amount of arena can equal out 10k+ $ a week spenders like COW, but if you put in the time to get arenas done, finish the content on a regular basis and get into an ally in the top 500 the difference wasnt that bad.

i started late, july '16, but i managed to grind out every basic from '17 onward, and i can get any 4* featured as well as most older 5* if i can find the time.
    the big guys just having more r4/r5 (and the spenders more 6* sure) champs.
    you might run behind them but they still where in sight.
    thats whats changing now, with top 20 aq getting half a t2a a week, aw rewards ranging from mats to r5 a 5* champ down to not even r4 a 4* and now even the quests widening the gap you see them jumping on motorcycles and driving away while your still running.
  • crogscrogs Posts: 764 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    KoperBoy wrote: »
    Minimum points for rank rewards just switched from 265k to 320k...

This I don't get. They make a big deal about mentioning less need to hoard or save yet they raise the minimum needed to qualify. This makes ZERO sense. But I guess that's the norm for Kabam. We're a fairly retired alliance and go for every third SA and get rewards no issue. Now they're telling us we need to do the opposite and save for every fourth SA? I'd drop an F bomb if I knew my post wouldn't get deleted.

@Kabam Miike So which is it? Less need to hoard and save? Or more reason to because you raised the minimum another 55k for SA? And what is the justification of raising the minimum? We average about 280k or so, and now you're telling us we're screwed unless we save and hoard more unless we want to participate to in 4+ less SA's a year. Or am I missing something?
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    crogs wrote: »

This I don't get. They make a big deal about mentioning less need to hoard or save yet they raise the minimum needed to qualify. This makes ZERO sense. But I guess that's the norm for Kabam. We're a fairly retired alliance and go for every third SA and get rewards no issue. Now they're telling us we need to do the opposite and save for every fourth SA? I'd drop an F bomb if I knew my post wouldn't get deleted.

@Kabam Miike So which is it? Less need to hoard and save? Or more reason to because you raised the minimum another 55k for SA? And what is the justification of raising the minimum? We average about 280k or so, and now you're telling us we're screwed unless we save and hoard more unless we want to participate to in 4+ less SA's a year. Or am I missing something?

The idea is you get rewards without needing to achieve ranked now with SA
    crogs wrote: »

An alliance scoring 280k in SA was probably getting the lowest rank reward which was 200 5* shards, 375 4* shards, one level 1 alliance health potion, and four gold crystals. The peak milestone reward for the updated SA is higher than that: 200 5* shards, 400 4* shards, one tier 2 alliance team health potion, and six gold crystals.

You also have some better options than you did before in the new system. For example, if you average 280k every three weeks, you could instead try to hit 150k four times every six weeks, skipping two weeks out of six. 280k twice every six weeks generates 400 5* shards, 800 4* shards, two tier 2 alliance team potions, and twelve gold crystals. 150k four times every six weeks generates 500 5* shards, 1600 4* shards, two tier 1 alliance team potions, and sixteen gold crystals. Smaller alliance potions, more everything else, and you don't have as many weeks idle: players can rank up more often.

The critical threshold in the new system seems to be the 150k peak milestone threshold, not the 320k rank reward cutoff. That's the point at which you start to get 5* shards and alliance potions. More alliances can hit 150k more often than the older 280k minimum rank threshold.

As to your other questions, they were explicitly answered in the announcement:
    Some Alliances might still want to hoard or hold back on Ranking in order to place higher every second week, but that is up to each and every one of you. You’ll also notice that the Rank Reward cutoff has been raised to 320,000. Since we made Summoner Advancement itself easier with the addition of Peak Milestones, and shifted the focus to the milestone rewards, we wanted to raise the level of Challenge a little to achieve the threshold for the extra rewards you get in Rank Rewards.
  • Imthatdamnbad82Imthatdamnbad82 Posts: 181
    Can we get a schedule or at least the rotation of the events?
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    Why are there no rank rewards for the 1 day event? Just did 50% of the loyalty event buying one boost.
  • Imthatdamnbad82Imthatdamnbad82 Posts: 181
    ASV27 wrote: »
    Why are there no rank rewards for the 1 day event? Just did 50% of the loyalty event buying one boost.

There have never been rank reqards for 1 day events outside of Duels...
  • battleonebattleone Posts: 286 ★★
    edited July 2018
    I gotta be honest here. The lack of significant additions to the milestones is lame/disappointing on the 1 day events.
    Perhaps the loyalty event.... could pay... some loyalty? there's a novel idea.
    Do we really need an event that pays out t1 and t2 basic rewards? I mean realistically even for the newest player in the game, how long do these stay relevant. The arena crystal was a nice add..... more like this. This new 1 day events are a chance to make the rewards a bit more exciting and relevant. I am not asking for ridiculous stuff, just freshen it up a tad. Even t2 class crystals are appreciated for that new 3* you got and you don't need to go run some 1 day a week class t2 level......

freshen it up. make them have relevance for players for longer than like their first couple weeks in the game.