**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• HatshipuhHatshipuh Posts: 146
    Can't blame Kabam if you sacrifice your phone and still keep playing.
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    @Kabam Miike Please advise on AW season 3 start date in light of this issue.
  • MFreiheitMFreiheit Posts: 15
    So Kabam, what about taking the community‘s issues and concerns serious and about better communication between Kabam and the community you told us after the AW defender diversity announcement?
    We need some Information! What are you planning to do about the issue, what are your next steps and how long would it take to solve the problem? That are just a few of all the questions we have and you haven‘t answered one of them yet!!!
  • Matt_KMatt_K Posts: 16
    Phone is heating up and crashing after ~ 10 minutes on latest update....
    ios 11.4
    Iphone 7

An update would be appreciated as the issue is stopping me acquiring the 4* basic from the arena. In fact its stopping me playing all together as I am not willing to risk my phone being bricked.

I hope we will be suitably compensated for this inconvenience and the basic heroes that run while the issue exists are re-run in future.
  • Macoi30Macoi30 Posts: 2
    I have been having the same issue as WiMak. Phone heats up like crazy, then starts to lag and freeze. I tried pressing the home button but was unresponsive. Did a hard reset to turn off my iphone and let it cool down for a while. My battery drains fast whenever i play too.

Device Model: IPhone 6S
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Cellular Network
  • Hyperbolein_1Hyperbolein_1 Posts: 67
    At least they should give apple players compensation,because we can’t play....
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Guess I should throw my hat into the ring as well. These might be the worst couple of months this game has ever seen. Can't even make it through a Winter Soldier fight without crashing now.
    Iphone 7
    iOS 11.4
    Verizon
  • KingDKingD Posts: 21
    edited July 2018
    iPhone 7 Plus

App crashes: (white spinning wheel either freezes and needs restart or it goes to spinning wheel and then asks for password)
    In game: Graphic issues/performance issues/input lag
    App freezes phone: You play the game and multitask to another app and the phone freezes, sometimes fixes itself or needs a restart.

ios: 11.4

Background: Game crashed once every blue moon give or take where the white spinning wheel would appear and then a password would be asked. Besides that no other of these issues would take place and phone did not have any issues outside of 19.0 update.

Besides lack of play its arena streaks being lost/arena downtime, event time loss. This is one of the worst updates in terms of bugs, and probably the worst update in terms of potential hardware problems.

This is not just an issue of the game crashing, it has potential hardware (phone) damage.

Note:
    I am in Australia so if hardware needs to be replaced by going into apple, this better stretch globally. And this is not a joke, the heat that happens is a joke and having to buy a new phone because an app broke your phone is some BS.

Compensation for this has to be sufficient for the longevity of player base, potentially damaging others hardware and to keep the player base you have happy in turn keeping them playing/purchasing.
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    Can we get an update on the status of this please? @Kabam Miike

Experiencing overheating, Black screens w spinner, game crashes, unresponsive controls in game, unresponsive physical buttons on phone, severe lag, parry/evade not triggering, battery draining faster than it can charge, random dash backs when hitting attack.
    All game modes on iPhone 7+ with latest iOS and game version.
  • K923K923 Posts: 1
    Any update yet on how far the solution is? My battery heats up and my phone bugs out. Really enjoy the game but I won’t stand for this.
  • Zer0bitsZer0bits Posts: 104
    Possible to add graphics options to game (to reduce them and eliminate strain on phone)? Personally I would much rather play a game that runs smoothly and bug/lag free instead of eye candy graphics.
  • ASV27ASV27 Posts: 91
    This HAS to be fixed before you all leave for the weekend.
  • EmmanuelcoastEmmanuelcoast Posts: 170
    My phone is overheating like crazy!
    Lag is unreal, I died in AW because mid combo my screen just completely froze for a full 2 seconds. I did the easy path of LOL because with the deals for 4th July, I had enough units. Was lagging during the last few fights. Also lags very bad in arena and fairly bad in AQ. Either way, my phone is overheating pretty bad and i have to turn off the game so it cools down. I have an iPhone 8+ and I’m running iOS 11.4
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Lags have been happening on the iPad Mini 2 since the last version. I believe it is related to iOS 11.4 update.

@Kabam Miike
    Also on Android the game is crashing,

- after every 10 Arena rounds.
    - While selecting heroes for questing
    - moving from one node to the next
    - defeating an enemy and returning back to quest screen

Basically, after every 30 minutes.

Android 7.1.1
    Motorola Z Play
  • ThePanThePan Posts: 9
    I just tried to play T4B arena. I better get my chips back. I can only play 3-4 series before my phone overheats and shuts down. I shouldn't have tried it but my only issues had been questing and were worse on autofight so I thought I would be safe.

Device Model: iPhone7 - A1660
    Carrier: Sprint
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Both
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Literally?
  • NeotwismNeotwism Posts: 1,803 ★★★★★
    My ipad 3 is running slow and overheqting also. I have to use my android phone.
  • TRETRE Posts: 66
    edited July 2018
    Ever since the latest update (19.0) I have been kicked out of the game multiple times per day and my iPhone 7 has been getting unusually warm.

iOS 11.4
    iPhone 7 (MN9H2LL/A)
    AT&T
    WiFi
  • Nikos72Nikos72 Posts: 12
    edited July 2018
    After all these reports, a serious company had to procced with version rollback, and warn the users not to use the app if they have the problem.
    Its unbelievable that nothing announced, neither commented...
    The possibility of Injuries due to a possible battery explosion isn't minor, but the company don't take any precaution measure.
    I really cannot understand it...

• BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    I have an iPhone X and since the installment of the latest update I can only play for about 15 maybe 20 minutes before my phone gets extremely hot and almost shuts down from it. Don’t know if this is happening to anybody else but it’s causing a lot of problems with endgame and AW war.
  • Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    choppman42 wrote: »
    Check your battery health on the phone. Mine dropped 41% since this came out. It was at 96%. Now it says 55% health.

:(

Folks, there is enough evidence on this thread: THIS GAME WILL BREAK YOUR IPHONE if you play for more than 5 mins at a time.

I am deleting the app from my device until this is addressed. I will watch this thread carefully in hopes that I can come back soon. Shame I have to do this but my $1000 plus phone is worth more to me than this game.
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Nikos72 wrote: »
    After all these reports, a serious company had to procced with version rollback, and warn the users not to use the app if they have the problem.
    Its unbelievable that nothing announced, neither commented...
    The possibility of Injuries due to a possible battery explosion isn't minor, but the complany don't take any precaution measure.
    I really cannot understand it...

I agree. Suspend download from the store. Put a warning (mail message and an announcement where you normally tell us abount content/crystals) in the game for those who have it, not just something they may find in the forum. Take precaution, be proactive, protect your customers and yourselves.
  • NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 544 ★★★
    Anyone else having their iPhones heat up really fast while questing in 19.0 or even in arenas?? Mine crashes and once it’s gets too hot and I lose some progress I made in a fight while questing. Any help or support to fix this from Kabams side would be helpful.
  • Phone overheating and getting black screen with loading icon. Anywhere from 20-30 mins of play in any mode.

iPhone 7+
    IOS 11.4
    AT&T
    Both WiFi and Cellular This happens
  • bckarlsenbckarlsen Posts: 1
    Iphone 7 plus 128 GB
    Latest IOS
    Telenor
    Wifi
  • Ldiddy857Ldiddy857 Posts: 2
    I have been having the same issues as many others have had. After playing for several minutes my battery drains extremely fast, game lags, I get the black screen of death and then to unlock code and the battery gets extremely hot.
    Device Model: iPhone 7
    Carrier: AT&T
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Both WiFi and Cellular.

Is it safe to keep playing MCOC or will this cause catastrophic device problems?
  • D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    Ldiddy857 wrote: »
    I have been having the same issues as many others have had. After playing for several minutes my battery drains extremely fast, game lags, I get the black screen of death and then to unlock code and the battery gets extremely hot.
    Device Model: iPhone 7
    Carrier: AT&T
    Wifi or Cellular Network: Both WiFi and Cellular.

Is it safe to keep playing MCOC or will this cause catastrophic device problems?

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
  • GeisønGeisøn Posts: 39
    @Kabam Valkyrie @Kabam Miike @Kabam Loto Iphone frying here and restarting. Would not it be an interesting solution to go back to the previous version until you solved the problem?
This discussion has been closed.