**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are Youtubers ruining this game

I like this game, but the time it now takes has forced me to leave my Alliance recently and the problem is caused by Youtubers.

Let's deal with why:

This game is modelled around slow and steady progression with content becoming progressively harder. This as a gaming model is a good sustainable business plan.
However, the current format allows certain players to progress far faster than the rest of the community and herein lies the problem.
A select group of individuals are manipulating the current format to attain a far superior line up of champions and then proceed to moan about lack of resources.
There is not a Gold/ Alpha/ Catalyst shortage. Your roster of champions is too large.
Stop opening 20 uncollected crystals a week this will solve the problem
Now all you have done is forced Kabam to add in further milestones to catalyst events adding more time that most people who are not sitting at home all day.

So, you have your extensive list of champions and the proceed to complain about the lack of challenging content. so what do Kabam do now to make it harder. They inflict sentinels/ Rage nodes Iron Man IW and countless other bs which makes the lives of the rest of the community a living hell just to try and get through content and progress. If you hadn't advanced quicker than you should have done we wouldn't be in this boat in the first place and this game would be more fun and challenging. Not riddled with unskilled based combat.

Sharing your accounts - I get this somewhat, as people do need time off, but the reality is this needs to end for the sake of everyone. If someone can't turn up or is out, tough. It is the same for every alliance and will even itself out over a period of time. Getting players to play for you or even doing quests you cannot complete has to stop. It speeds up progression and is counter productive.

So here are my suggestions for resolving this:

Lose the uncollected crystals - this will slow down progression or make them actual cash to stop people procuring units from dodgy sources and advancing illegally

Make the nodes on AW class specific and change them once a week. 30 nodes, 6 classes, 5 nodes per class. This will avoid the fiasco of my alliance has Iron Man IW on armour up node so we win.
Or as we have just had MODOK in Arena 10 MODOK's.

Restructure all the awards as you have done in AQ with Glory. Bigger amounts at the lower levels then less and less as you get higher. Do this with all rewards. AW/ AQ/ Arena.
This will allow the people who have jobs the ability to progress and avoid the ever widening gap of champions rosters.

Do not drop Alliances who share accounts down tiers in AW. This just ruins it for the lower tiers that end up playing them. Penalise them with a point loss that drops down their score at the end of the season and lowers their end rewards.

Oh and this is just a personal one. Stop penalising the UK with the price hike you put in 18 months ago with the Exchange rate. This has long since reverted so needs to go back to the original cost.

Kind Regards,
Pyramid1

Comments

• Options
    MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Nothing you stated supported your premise that the game takes too much time and that YouTubers are to blame.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    All around poor ideas honestly. Taking away UC crystals will do nothing to stop progression for high end players. Also you made this post about YouTubers and theres nothing about how they affect players at all.
  • Options
    AURELIUSAURELIUS Posts: 121
    Pyramid1 wrote: »
    I like this game, but the time it now takes has forced me to leave my Alliance recently and the problem is caused by Youtubers.

Let's deal with why:

This game is modelled around slow and steady progression with content becoming progressively harder. This as a gaming model is a good sustainable business plan.
    However, the current format allows certain players to progress far faster than the rest of the community and herein lies the problem.
    A select group of individuals are manipulating the current format to attain a far superior line up of champions and then proceed to moan about lack of resources.
    There is not a Gold/ Alpha/ Catalyst shortage. Your roster of champions is too large.
    Stop opening 20 uncollected crystals a week this will solve the problem
    Now all you have done is forced Kabam to add in further milestones to catalyst events adding more time that most people who are not sitting at home all day.

So, you have your extensive list of champions and the proceed to complain about the lack of challenging content. so what do Kabam do now to make it harder. They inflict sentinels/ Rage nodes Iron Man IW and countless other bs which makes the lives of the rest of the community a living hell just to try and get through content and progress. If you hadn't advanced quicker than you should have done we wouldn't be in this boat in the first place and this game would be more fun and challenging. Not riddled with unskilled based combat.

Sharing your accounts - I get this somewhat, as people do need time off, but the reality is this needs to end for the sake of everyone. If someone can't turn up or is out, tough. It is the same for every alliance and will even itself out over a period of time. Getting players to play for you or even doing quests you cannot complete has to stop. It speeds up progression and is counter productive.

So here are my suggestions for resolving this:

Lose the uncollected crystals - this will slow down progression or make them actual cash to stop people procuring units from dodgy sources and advancing illegally

Make the nodes on AW class specific and change them once a week. 30 nodes, 6 classes, 5 nodes per class. This will avoid the fiasco of my alliance has Iron Man IW on armour up node so we win.
    Or as we have just had MODOK in Arena 10 MODOK's.

Restructure all the awards as you have done in AQ with Glory. Bigger amounts at the lower levels then less and less as you get higher. Do this with all rewards. AW/ AQ/ Arena.
    This will allow the people who have jobs the ability to progress and avoid the ever widening gap of champions rosters.

Do not drop Alliances who share accounts down tiers in AW. This just ruins it for the lower tiers that end up playing them. Penalise them with a point loss that drops down their score at the end of the season and lowers their end rewards.

Oh and this is just a personal one. Stop penalising the UK with the price hike you put in 18 months ago with the Exchange rate. This has long since reverted so needs to go back to the original cost.

Kind Regards,
    Pyramid1

Oh so what im reading is basically the ones who became uncollected and have these "stacked" rosters are to blame WHY you can't progress. Yeah sure maybe it has to do with skill. Im uncollected near 350k roster but im not complaining cause i dont care about how quick my roster builds cause at the end of the day its a game.
  • Options
    Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    What you're missing is that those people paying all that $$$$$$ to buy all those crystals are what keeps the lights on at Kabam and allows the rest of us to play for free. If the whales aren't happy, nobody is happy.
  • Options
    PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    0uhuynd3ya3z.jpg
    d15s0wxy7v7s.jpg

I have problems with gold,T4b and T1a. As you can see my roaster is not huge or no where near top. Im also only 210k rating and still yet to 100% act 5 and I'm in a Gold 2 alliance. I also don't buy any GMC so how have I over progressed?

The rank up/Gold problem I personal feel hits the middle class players like my self. Top tier players don't have this problem neither to players with a hand full of 5* champs.

Rest of the post I stopped reading after you suggested stopping uncollected crystals, which most people worked very hard to actually unlock.