**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance Wars Season 3 Discussion Thread

Comments

• The new mini boss nodes are absolutely rediculous and unnecessary. It’s VERY clear that that warring, moreso than ever, is aimed at item use!! PAY......TO......WIN

Node 27 is almost offensive considering the auto evade bug still exists. Dismay node is BS because everyone will put Domino there because she still has a block break issue....

I have NEVER seen a company try and suck every ounce of fun out of their game ever in my life. There are SOOOO many ways to make war fun and to put everyone on a “level” enough playing field. But greed is blinding and you’re losing players in droves....great job development team!!
  • Vincew80Vincew80 Posts: 196 ★★
    @Kabam Miike I seriously hope you guys are bringing these concerns to the devolopers. If it’s going to become the wallet war it sounds like then aw is going to become one more thing kabam ruined... there’s enough of that going on as it is. I’ve already cut my spending way back due to not agreeing with their business strategy & will 100% stop if spending wins wars. The greed has to stop somewhere & most your player base wants at least one mode where skill is all that’s needed.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    I wish I knew how to fix this, because if I'm right, someone's mind needs to change and it has remained fixated on this one idea for a very long time and through a lot of AW changes that caused a lot of player uproar. They are clearly willing to push through any push back.

Stubborn. That is the word. And I don't understand it as a strategic business decision.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Node 30 is awful
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 fantastic post.
  • 1TapTakeANap1TapTakeANap Posts: 60
    edited July 2018
    How have people not realised this is still a silent nerf to AW Rewards.........

Last 2 seasons it was 8 weeks on, 2 weeks off and repeat , that's 10 weeks for a new season to start. NOW ? It will take 12 weeks to get to the same exact point.

4 seasons of AW in the "shorter" seasons will essentially net you a loss of a full seasons rewards...

May not seem like much but over the long run there wil be significant losses.

Was this intended?

@Kabam Miike
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    How have people not realised this is still a silent nerf to AW Rewards.........

Others have mentioned it, but in my opinion it is not a nerf to rewards. You're getting the same rewards for the same effort. If you count this as a nerf to rewards, then when people were asking for a longer break between seasons that would also be a nerf to rewards. I'm pretty sure none of the people asking for a longer break were asking for a nerf to rewards.
    Slig wrote: »
    Not the same effort anymore with the addition of the new minibosses/nodes

Technically true for some alliances, but that statement was made in the context of the war season schedule, not the map difficulty.
  • 1TapTakeANap1TapTakeANap Posts: 60

Technically true for some alliances, but that statement was made in the context of the war season schedule, not the map difficulty.

But the reply was made in context of map difficulty. Which he had a valid point aswell.

ALSO Not everyone was asking for longer breaks . Majority of people are not in the top 50 alliances for AW and we dont really care if those players get burnt out and want longer breaks.
    We want rewards to get better over time or atleast stay the same as a bare minimum.

Kabam cares about their bank account though so they listen to them.

But the reply was made in context of map difficulty. Which he had a valid point aswell.

ALSO Not everyone was asking for longer breaks . Majority of people are not in the top 50 alliances for AW and we dont really care if those players get burnt out and want longer breaks.
    We want rewards to get better over time or atleast stay the same as a bare minimum.

Kabam cares about their bank account though so they listen to them.

I would bet real money most players are perfectly fine with the new schedule itself. I don't know how many of you are included in "we" but I'm pretty sure it is not the majority of players.
  • IanMooneIanMoone Posts: 640 ★★
    Can we get a list of updated rewards for S3 or do we gotta wait till wednesday?
  • Pablito_009Pablito_009 Posts: 14
    @Kabam Miike qué pasó con las compensaciones de los mantenimientos constantes?? O la perdida de conexión aún jugando con wifi? O de la caída de servidores?
  • DiegoVDiegoV Posts: 39
    Aw is broken

Remove this changes and create another modification

Is totally pay to win on the top tiers
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    My ally is done spending in AW, no point anymore. Increase in difficulty just made this not fun at all.
  • KarakanliKarakanli Posts: 82
    My Alliance also decided to stop spending - anything. No units, in potions, no boosts.

We‘ll see where we end up this time. Gold 1 in season 1 and 2. but it just isn‘t worth the invest and effort - specially with all the other „Features“ Kabam promotes to us for free... 🤮
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,870 ★★★★★
    It’s a real shame that the mod comments drop off, however I do feel like thenrewards per war 100% need to be scaled up to match the difficulty.

I also feel the war victor crystal needs adjusting too; I’m not sure anyone likes using some epic boosts and potions to win and then receive a 3* arena boost from the crystal! Like seriously?

Just add 5* / 6* shards and then decent level 3/4 revived and potions in.
  • Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,503 ★★★★★
    It’s a real shame that the mod comments drop off, however I do feel like thenrewards per war 100% need to be scaled up to match the difficulty.

I also feel the war victor crystal needs adjusting too; I’m not sure anyone likes using some epic boosts and potions to win and then receive a 3* arena boost from the crystal! Like seriously?

Just add 5* / 6* shards and then decent level 3/4 revived and potions in.

It looks like this thread got down voted so no ones even reading it anymore.
  • CinnCinn Posts: 81
    Honestly these changes pretty much killed my interest in AW
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    @1TapTakeANap There was a 4 week break between the first two war seasons. 8 weeks on, 4 off, 8 on. Given that we're now looking at a 2-week delay before a 4-week season, it seems that Kabam has identified the 2:1 ratio as their target amount for on-season and off-season.

I think as Kabam alienates the playerbase with their lack of communication and ill-conceived changes to major game modes, there will be a power vacuum. Alliances are thinning or scaling back. Alliance war rewards are based on raw rankings. If only 1500 alliances compete, everyone makes Gold 1 or higher. By the same token, if many alliances opt for less aggressive spending strategies, they'll essentially voluntarily slide down to make room for others.

At the very top? Sure, that's a cutthroat, pay-to-win situation regardless. You'll always have that on the extremes.
  • Bryan_85Bryan_85 Posts: 43
    New nodes are completely and utterly pathetic. You can’t tell me that all masters and P1 alliances won’t 100% maps in spirits of competition. This is a contest, and you thinking that alliances won’t 100% maps is rediculous! Nothing more than lining your pockets. Reduce these nodes for the balance of the game. And fix other issues pressing please.
  • HosemaniaHosemania Posts: 18
    Alliance war is such a money grab now. Every season kabam has increased the difficulty of alliance war since seasons started. It’s amazing how this company functions with all the bugs and changes it makes to screw its customers. They change aq and add sentinels which only affected everyone that didn’t play map 6. Now they changed aw so only the Whales are able to complete since they will pay to finish. AW will be the death of this game. So many players have left or been kicked that it’s just not worth the time and effort.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    Basically - Kabam is banking on sufficient revenues from the top 20-30 alliances (who will spend their way through regardless). Other alliances will just not feed money into a broken system where the ultimate goal is failure. Failing is fun!
  • KarakanliKarakanli Posts: 82
    Anyone noticed that new semi bosses are gone in AW. We play in Tier 5 and today those overdone buffs are no more... 🧐