New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GeisønGeisøn Member Posts: 39
    God
  • BuffalaxBuffalax Member Posts: 123
    Can only play for 15-20 minutes at a time before my phone starts to overheat. It makes putting time into arena and the monthly event really difficult when you can only play 15 minutes on 30 minutes off to cool instead of risking damage to the device.

iPhone 7 (less than a year old)
    iOS 11.4 (no issues before the 19.0 update)
    Verizon but gaming mostly on WiFi
  • Duncan_Idaho69Duncan_Idaho69 Member Posts: 10
    IOS 11.4
    iPad Pro
    Cellular & WiFi

Initially the iPad would freeze after V19.
    Now it shuts the iPad down completely.

Sending a video of the crashing to Apple.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Member Posts: 246
    AQ & War should be suspended until a fix is out. I’m just very surprised there hasn’t been a statement about staying out of the game from one of the mods. This isn’t a gameplay bug it’s overheating phones, causing crashes and could cause some damage to our phones. Shouldn’t have to go thru all these hoops just to play a mobile game.
  • bongstabongsta Member Posts: 11
    this newly game update is horrible!! it creates battery over heating!! no good words to say! unacceptable!! adult
    vibrators works better than this!!
  • lordprofessorlordprofessor Member Posts: 11
    iPad Pro & iPhone 6 Plus
    iOS 11.4
    WiFi and att cellular

Happens MULTIPLE times a day, in the middle of fights, chatting whatever. Only app that it happens in, everything become unresponsive and/or iOS just resets to lock screen.
  • BensonBenson Member Posts: 5
    I have an iPhone X iOS 11.4 and I’m having all kinds of issues on it but when I borrowed one of my family’s IPhone 7 Plus IOS 11.3 the game works perfectly on it.
  • WiMakWiMak Member Posts: 359 ★★
    Benson wrote: »
    I have an iPhone X iOS 11.4 and I’m having all kinds of issues on it but when I borrowed one of my family’s IPhone 7 Plus IOS 11.3 the game works perfectly on it.

Did they already have the app or did you have to download it new? I’m wondering if perhaps it has something to do with “leftover code” from previous iterations possibly creating conflict…?
  • crisarthascrisarthas Member Posts: 3
    upgrade to ios 12 beta 3 and fix the problem, now the game works perfectly. iphone 7
    6czjdhhfq6xd.png
  • NickBates10NickBates10 Member Posts: 59
    Sony Xperia Z5 compact on Android and always had overheating issues when playing this game
  • WiMakWiMak Member Posts: 359 ★★
    That is great news for you. Sincerely. Unfortunately that’s not a fix because there are just as many people using the beta who either still have the exact problem or it only slightly mitigates it
  • LaLLaL Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018
    iPhone X
    iOS: 11.4
    Using WiFi

Phone gets hotter after playing 7-10 mins of game, battery draining fastly as well kindly fix this issue.

WiMak wrote: »

Did they already have the app or did you have to download it new? I’m wondering if perhaps it has something to do with “leftover code” from previous iterations possibly creating conflict…?

It was never updated it’s one of my nephews IPhones that got passed along to him but it never gets updated running on original iOS 11.3

• Camarofanatic90Camarofanatic90 Member Posts: 38
    WiMak wrote: »

This is very possible as the company I work for replaced my old iPhone 5s that broke with an iPhone 8 and I downloaded the app fresh on and no issues on iOS 11.4 but on my personal iPhone 7+ I get the heating, lag and crashing issues as everyone else is getting.
  • Kaizen_KingKaizen_King Member Posts: 306 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike I upgraded my ipad pro to 12.0 beta 2 and no more soft reboots, heat, or battery drain issues after playing for about 3 hours. I think we're on to something...
    I didn’t read into it correctly but yes they had the app downloaded on the device already as well and updated the game when it was available but his iPhone don’t have issues when playing it like mine does and the difference is I’m running 11.4 and he is running 11.3 that’s all I would be able to say.
    I didn’t read into it correctly but yes they had the app downloaded on the device already as well and updated the game when it was available but his iPhone don’t have issues when playing it like mine does and the difference is I’m running 11.4 and he is running 11.3 that’s all I would be able to say.
    I asked him if by any chance did he re download the game and he said yes he had deleted it to make room for his phone and around the time this new update came he got the app again

• tonyj007tonyj007 Member Posts: 276
    It's been awhile since the last update from kabam , I think they are making tweeks on the Live Servers, There are few new members reporting now reporting on there devices overheating for the first time and a few android users . Trying tweek, check after each tweek, on forum to see how many new members are are reporting overheating problems, hoping 0 response . Most members that have overheating problems from early this week are not playing game, a few have reported hardware failure

There has been no Update, besides try use IOS 12. And ofcourse we need help from a Tech Savvy player. (Read from page 31) . As I have Said before , Getting a anwer from Kabam , Is like a dentist sitting on your chest pulling teeth out with a pair of pliers

comments please
  • BenLucasBenLucas Member Posts: 69
    Iphone SE - heating up when using MCOC app
    Ipad model A1822 - game crashing randomly
  • TheremonTheremon Member Posts: 62
    iPhone 8 with 11.2.6
    iPad mini 4 with 10.3.2

No issues with overheating, but have had a lot of trouble with intercepting, blocking, and evading this week, especially in Master and AW. Like something changed with timing or speed of AI attackers or not registering my controls fast enough. I'm a 3.5 year player, I didn't forget how to fight overnight.
  • GiddzGiddz Member Posts: 5
    Lag so bad tonight could barely finish a fight in aq had to stop after 10 mins after phone over heated and shut down bad times
  • TreoTreo Member Posts: 389 ★★
    hjpcloxhg1yp.jpeg
    Mcoc Players around the World on iPhone at this moment trying to be able to play since aw and war is starting
  • KahrahtayKahrahtay Member Posts: 146
    DJSergy wrote: »
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.

The issue happened to me before upgrading to 11.4. I upgraded to 11.4 in hope it would fix it but nope
    DJSergy wrote: »
    ctp1223 wrote: »
    Alright Summoners!

We're in need of your help! We're looking for a fairly Tech Savvy player that is seeing this occur often/can reproduce this easily, that planned on updating to the iOS 12 Beta, or is willing to update to the Beta to help us test some things out. We'll need to make sure that you are able to back up your device as is, and are able to revert if the Beta causes unintended interactions with the game or other parts of your phone.

If you're interested and willing to help, please let me know what Device you are currently using. I'll be corresponding with the team to help you through the process.

Just to help make sure that we're choosing the correct Summoner, you'll first need to know how to join the Beta program, and update to it.

if things go south, what is the plan? I'm sure nothing will because of a backup.

Also, I am not trying to micro-analyze this, but I'm afraid it happened anyway- does this mean that a fix is coming to iOS 12 only?

Oh that's not what it means! We're looking to find out if this is an interaction with iOS 11.4, especially for those that have been experiencing it a lot. We're looking into how our 19.0 build is functioning with 11.4, and what could be exacerbating these issues.

From what we can see, players across many different iOS and Android are having some issues, but none more than 11.4. We want to know if updating to 12 helps at all.

Also, to answer your first question, the only plan I have is to revert back to your backup. Not as an official endorsement or anything, but I have not been having any problems with iOS 12. In fact, I've been enjoying it more than 11.

The issue happened to me before upgrading to 11.4. I upgraded to 11.4 in hope it would fix it but nope

So.. you guys make millions, but need is to test and help tou fix it
  • Szubair007Szubair007 Member Posts: 6
    Do we have a answer for this by @Kabam Miike or someone.
  • BeerDragoonBeerDragoon Member Posts: 54
    iPhone 6S - was on 11.3 and now upgraded to 11.4. Same issues on both iOS versions.

My phone will go from 100% battery to 20% in about 10 minutes of running the game. That is a very concerning amount of battery power to go through so quickly. You guys could be doing legitimate damage to our phones with this -- seriously you could cook an egg on the back of my phone after those 10 minutes.

If you can't fix it you need to pull the iOS version of the game. This is a lawsuit waiting to happen and, based on the number of messages here, you can't claim you didn't know about the issue.
  • DJSergyDJSergy Member Posts: 170 ★★
    This is serious. The community needs daily updates on the progress of this, with specifics on the status, not just blanket responses. AW and AQ should be suspended, compensantion given for lost events and Arenas schedules need to be reworked.

This is the worst update by far. I do get that you guys are working as hard and fast as you can to resolve this, but with all honesty its not fast enough and it is just unacceptable.

@Kabam Miike
  • Gracie78Gracie78 Member Posts: 2
    iPhone 7
    Office 11.4
    Sprint
    WiFi-full bars
    While playing game my phone completely freezes lags and crashes. I can't open apps nor can I take phone calls. I have to completely shut off the phone for it to normalize.
This discussion has been closed.