**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

No more identity in MCOC.

Comments

• gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    I dont get some people in this thread, why wouldn't they want a loophole plugged that eventually will trickle down and affect them?
    people are so short sighted they should know by now that whatever is happening at the top eventually makes its way down through the tiers

why would you want to change your IGN?
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    gohard123 wrote: »
    I dont get some people in this thread, why wouldn't they want a loophole plugged that eventually will trickle down and affect them?
    people are so short sighted they should know by now that whatever is happening at the top eventually makes its way down through the tiers

why would you want to change your IGN?

It makes it harder for those fighting against you in AW. If the opponent hasn't changed their names too the team that did will have an advantage.

In order to even the playing field everyone who plays the game will have to change their name to some version of llllllllllllllllll

This advantage could also be given to all players by making the defenders name not appear in AW until you fight them. Then players can have any name they like and have the same advantage.
    Only a few days left till season starts :worried:
  • SmashSmash Posts: 808 ★★★
    Can anyone elaborate on why this is an issue? I am not able to understand

In higher tier Alliance Wars, alliances will note down every champion and playername they face throughout the war. For example, they'll note that player Hulksmasshh has a 4/55 Medusa, 4/55 IMIW, etc up to 5 defenders. This essentially creates a database of players and defenders for each alliance they face. If that alliance is faced again, they'll know that when they see Hulksmasshh, one of his cosmic champions placed is very likely Medusa. The meta for Alliance War defenders has been evolving more and more towards hard counters with the release of IMIW, Domino, probably Ghost/Wasp and more. That means the most important thing is that you bring in the right counter for a defender, because bringing in Blade vs IMIW can be a disaster. Knowing the defender placements or having a strong guess of where the toughest defenders are placed is very crucial to winning an Alliance War. Alliances can counter this by having members switch up their defense every now and then, but there's only so much variety that can be done with limited 4/55, 5/65 champions. Alliances have been able to predict entire battlegroup defenses doing this.

Kabam has coined this "spreadsheet wars" and it was one of the reasons Kabam listed for removing defender diversity. So Kabam must not want "spreadsheet wars" to be the direction AW turns into as it is happening now. What the OP is referring to as lost identity in MCOC, is that players in many alliances are all changing their names to barcode names IIIIIIllll with a mixture of capital i's and lowercase l's. This makes playernames almost indistinguishable in MCOC's in-game font. This essentially elimnates "spreadsheet wars" because opposing alliances aren't able to tell which name belongs to which profile. Sure they can click on the defender's profile when they reach the node, but by the time they reach that node it's too late to plan your team. The problem here is that it brings a huge competitive advantage to those willing to go through with the name change. And we can all agree it is pretty lame to see that. In my opinion, a cosmetic feature like a playername should never give a competitive advantage in the most lucrative gamemode of Alliance War. Even further, the once rarely accepted name change request should never be granted solely for the purpose of providing a competitive advantage.

Like your name lol
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    regards those players named llllllllll... the trick is those name are a different combination of "uppercase i" and "lowercase L". example "LiLLLii", "iLLLiii" etc. same as states the description of ally is "the home of trolls". Think that is a pretty intelligent & "not against ToS" way of trolling 😁

-2* wars not against TOS
    -matching a shell not against TOS

Hide all names and be done with it. They can all be barcode and enjoy it.

It’s a significant advantage as the season goes on.

Agreeing with riegel and grounded wisdom in one thread is killing me :)
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 508 ★★★
    It’s not ok to go barcode. How then could people share your defense with other alliances? Not fair!!!
    <sarcasm>
    We are running out of time @Kabam Vydious you are our only hope.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 ★★★★★
    I have no idea how and why it got deleted because it wasn't 'spam' and it wasn't flagged and right as people were explaining to me that this was a tactic for aw it got deleted out of no where I think that this isn't right it was on point with game conversation of aw, and if this is the future tactic for aw I fear for this part of the game in later seasons.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    I have no idea how and why it got deleted because it wasn't 'spam' and it wasn't flagged and right as people were explaining to me that this was a tactic for aw it got deleted out of no where I think that this isn't right it was on point with game conversation of aw, and if this is the future tactic for aw I fear for this part of the game in later seasons.

It's probably the same reason why your post in this thread will get deleted too. You are calling out another alliance which breaks the forum rules.
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Or.... Just show 1 champ, your top in your profile instead of the current 4 champs.
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Or.... Just show 1 champ, your top in your profile instead of the current 4 champs.

This wouldn't help. The names on the defenders needs removed.
    season llllllllllll starts tomorrow!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to drop by and let you know that we've been seeing many comments on this, and our teams are going to meet to discuss the concerns being shared. I don't have an exact update on that right this instance but wanted to make sure you were all aware that we're looking into it.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious Have the conversations on this topic already happened?
    @Kabam Vydious I wanted to wait till after all the over heating issues to bring this back up, because I know you all are very busy. However the new AQ update hit, and I'm not so sure when the AW season will start. (forgive me if that information is already available)

I was hoping we are getting close to an answer on this topic. Have there been any internal discussions on this topic at Kabam yet? Also, will we be able to have something on this before the start of season?

Thanks!
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Riegel wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious I wanted to wait till after all the over heating issues to bring this back up, because I know you all are very busy. However the new AQ update hit, and I'm not so sure when the AW season will start. (forgive me if that information is already available)

I was hoping we are getting close to an answer on this topic. Have there been any internal discussions on this topic at Kabam yet? Also, will we be able to have something on this before the start of season?

Thanks!

I'm gonna step in here really quickly (Sorry Vydious!). To answer your question, conversations have begun on the topic, and we're working towards a resolution. I know it's taking longer than you guys would have hoped for us to have something to really update you guys with, but like you said, we have a lot of stuff going on right now and our hands are pretty full.

What I can tell you is that your voices have been loud and clear, and the team agrees with you. We're also not very happy with the direction that some Summoners have taken with these names. We're not quite sure exactly what we can do just yet, but as I said, we're still working on it! I can't give any timeline right now, but as soon we have information for you guys, we'll let you know!

That's awesome! Thanks for the update on this topic.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Riegel wrote: »

Thanks!

I'm gonna step in here really quickly (Sorry Vydious!). To answer your question, conversations have begun on the topic, and we're working towards a resolution. I know it's taking longer than you guys would have hoped for us to have something to really update you guys with, but like you said, we have a lot of stuff going on right now and our hands are pretty full.

What I can tell you is that your voices have been loud and clear, and the team agrees with you. We're also not very happy with the direction that some Summoners have taken with these names. We're not quite sure exactly what we can do just yet, but as I said, we're still working on it! I can't give any timeline right now, but as soon we have information for you guys, we'll let you know!

Thanks.
  • AdzomaticAdzomatic Posts: 66
    edited July 2018

This is Kabams issues not the players. And to be honest it’s disgraceful that Kabam is even trying to point fingers at the player base, Kabam endorsed this situation by allowing players to change their names in this way and by removing forum post after forum post during season 2 when this was all highlighted. What did they think was going to happen after endorsing this naming standard that helped equip a certain alliance to win that season. Of course other alliances are going to do the same thing, as confirmed by this email from Kabam there is no violation of TOS
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
    Cool let's find a good solution and move forward :+1:
  • VizardVizard Posts: 71
    Are Arabic names supported by the game?
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Here are my thoughts:

Being a gamer for a long, long time, this isn't anything new when to comes to competition. Players will find and use any competitive advantage to win within the confines of the rules of the game.

The only way to get rid of this is if Kabam makes it against the rules.

An example:

In MK spamming is seen as cheap and noobish, but it does present a tactical advantage in certain fights and is a legitimate tactic. X-ray moves are seen in the same vein as they are easy to do and can do a lot of damage.

Netherrealm realized this and actually disabled them for competitive play. However, they never punished spamming, so it can be done in competitive play.

It's up to Kabam. These alliances aren't doing anything objectively wrong. They are simply finding a tactical advantage over the competition.

If Kabam doesn't like it, they need to make it against the rules.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Why everyones name is now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Adzomatic wrote: »

This is Kabams issues not the players. And to be honest it’s disgraceful that Kabam is even trying to point fingers at the player base, Kabam endorsed this situation by allowing players to change their names in this way and by removing forum post after forum post during season 2 when this was all highlighted. What did they think was going to happen after endorsing this naming standard that helped equip a certain alliance to win that season. Of course other alliances are going to do the same thing, as confirmed by this email from Kabam there is no violation of TOS

If Miike says they're discussing it, they're discussing it. For the record, they never "endorsed" anything.
    Post edited by Kabam Lyra on
    I'm sure you are all still busy, but it seems like things are moving forward, so I do feel the need to gather this information now.

@Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike the last comment was that the Kabam team agrees with us that the barcode names are not the direction they wanted this to go.

I'm hoping to have some more info before Aug 1st as you can imagine.

Cheers and thanks for all the communication on this topic.
  • WerewrymWerewrym Posts: 2,830 ★★★★★
    Why is this Bar Code Strategy even a strategy? How is it useful?

It makes it difficult to look at a players top champs because you can't tell what letters are lower case "L's" and which are upper case "I's". The whole purpose is to make sure that opponents can't predict which champs are on what nodes.