**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

30 MIN TIMERs HAVE BEEN GREAT

Comments

• HollowbornHollowborn Posts: 345
    Shoot why don't they meet us in the middle and do 45 minute timers?
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited July 2018
    Anything would be better in my opinion. Map 3 with 30 minute timers takes about 6 hours (spread out however long you want to make it, up to 24 hours - yes it can be done faster if everyone hits all energy as soon as possible, but again we want a life too so that’s not a typical case). 6 hours a day (30 hours a week) seems like a good chunk of time checking in to me, plus AW, monthly events, arena, etc.

Higher maps, of course, take a little longer, but 24 hours to complete as you see fit with reasonable timers is good for us. We shouldn’t be tied to the game 24/7. It’s a personal choice, but they don’t leave much room to not be playing if you want to do everything.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_addiction
  • Neroa65Neroa65 Posts: 302 ★★
    Y'all lost it because of GW? Lmao. People look at the amount of posts beside his name. He literally spends more time here on the forum than in the game. There really is no point in arguing with him.

Now anyone saying that 30 mins timers aren't beneficial, should think back a bit and remember how good or great it was for them and their alliance when it was implemented then pray for sense. I am done.
  • AerialFollyAerialFolly Posts: 104
    I guess the forum mods have decided to support their spokesman and let this thread and topic die.

Thanks Kabam for your open communication and support of the community. NOT. #sarcasm
  • smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    I'll bump it.
    Not every alliance can play 24x7.
    We play for fun. Not really competitive in terms of top whatever.
    Just for fun.

I have never seen a "good" argument for not having 30 minute timers.
    Even an AQ energy item would work.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @Dropfaith and @GroundedWisdom speak for the community. Whatever they say goes... at least they think so. Just ignore them. They’re only here to get your goat.

Everyone else on this thread has common sense and well intentions for the general community. Those 2 just want to argue for arguments sake.

Unfortunately, Kabam has little sense these days and seemingly not interested with what would make the community happy... good game mechanics, stability, communication, better offers with realistic prices, shorter timers (which they know most people want or they wouldnt offer as compensation), etc.

Flag away you two, I’m not long for this game at this rate anyway.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,244 ★★★★★
    @Dropfaith and @GroundedWisdom speak for the community. Whatever they say goes... at least they think so. Just ignore them. They’re only here to get your goat.

Everyone else on this thread has common sense and well intentions for the general community. Those 2 just want to argue for arguments sake.

Unfortunately, Kabam has little sense these days and seemingly not interested with what would make the community happy... good game mechanics, stability, communication, better offers with realistic prices, shorter timers (which they know most people want or they wouldnt offer as compensation), etc.

Flag away you two, I’m not long for this game at this rate anyway.

Have a look at my Profile. Does it look like I have much interest in spamming Flags? Not so much. Can't be bothered. It's not what they're for.
    I speak for myself, and Drop speaks for themselves. Just because we don't agree with the majority doesn't mean we're trying to get someone's goat.
    It's been discussed countless times over the course of a few years. Their reasons are their own for keeping 1-Hour Timers. I jut happen to agree with the need because I have guys that are affected by the shorter ones. Believe it or not, people can actually disagree without being chastised.
  • EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Missing 30 minute timer already. Noted that AQ is totally screwed right now so maybe we get them again this week 😏
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 737 ★★★★
    Wish they'd meet us in the middle and make it 45min.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    smdam38 wrote: »
    I'll bump it.
    Not every alliance can play 24x7.
    We play for fun. Not really competitive in terms of top whatever.
    Just for fun.

I have never seen a "good" argument for not having 30 minute timers.
    Even an AQ energy item would work.

I've never seen a good arguement for 30 minute timers. You dont have time to do it with an hr well that's on you.
    You allow a game to stress you out? Yup on you.

The fact that the overwhelming majority of the player base finds 30 minute timers make AQ more enjoyable is a good argument.
This discussion has been closed.