**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Ghost in uncollected feels dirty

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
On top of lagging out whenever she uses a special or phases (gee character animations causing lag, didn’t see that coming. RIGHT DORMAMMU AND GHOST RIDER?)

The nodes are stacked on just a filthy way. Combine aggression buffs and the stupid node that stacks that each like another 150% total ON TOP of her 11k attack and of you miss a single beat you’re just dead unless your perfect block chance pays off.

It’s not an “unfair” fight as she’s not a dirty fighter but the nodes designed to make her have just stupid attack on top of the lag from her animations and over heating and it just… feels underhanded

If they added the Glancing node from the wasp challenge I would have loved this fight but we got the “give them steroids until they explode” route

Comments

• Options
    BLEEDlNG_DGEBLEEDlNG_DGE Posts: 324 ★★
    Fought and beat her perfectly with AA. Got in all my parries, heavies and special all the time, everytime... and I won with 40% health left because of all the ridiculous block damage I took. This is block damage from parry too, which reduces damage significantly, not normal block. I'd have certainly died if I took any 'normal' block damage.
  • Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Yondu, AA, Scarlet Witch, and Voodoo each mop the floor with her.
  • Options
    rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    Blade wrecks her. Most cosmics do. Quake sucks against her
  • Options
    Aside from BLEEDlNG_DGE no one understood what I’m saying

I’m criticizing the need for 1-shot block and you’re dead nodes. Block damage should be a thing but getting 100%-death combos from a 5hit Block shouldn’t be a thing

And I’m also pointing out that the lag of her animations coupled with overheating issue doesn’t help you keep the rhythm you need to avoid INSTANT NO SKILL DEATHS, that Kabam “claims” to want to avoid, by missing a single parry and landing a normal block cause you lagged right as it SHOULD have connected and instead of parry the game reads it as block
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    This has been by far the easiest UC yet. I didn’t KO once the entire 100% exploration. Stop with the complaining about unimportant non-authentic things.

There’s plenty of real topics that need attention that you are watering down with your nonsensical, unwarranted complaint
  • Options
    D_Ace_71D_Ace_71 Posts: 148
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    This has been by far the easiest UC yet. I didn’t KO once the entire 100% exploration. Stop with the complaining about unimportant non-authentic things.

There’s plenty of real topics that need attention that you are watering down with your nonsensical, unwarranted complaint

I'm relatively new to uncollected and just started today and have a question since I see you're pretty far advanced. How do you work through the rage node? With 85% health left the opponent is unblockable. Is there a way to work around this or do you just have to intercept all fight like a monster?

My two cents (jumping in here) for rage is to take longer fights with less damage dealing so it doesn’t trigger. Failing that, yes, fight like an intercepting demon. :) Good luck! Don’t give up!
  • Options
    @zeezee57 Rage is only a problem if you are hitting them for more than 2.5% of their health. Each hit that does 2.5% or more damage will give them a Fury charge. After 5, they go unblockable.

There are a few ways around that. The first is to use lower-ranked champs (my 5/50s worked great). This makes the fights longer, but more controllable. The second option is to use champs that stagger/nullify/or otherwise prevent/eliminate opponent buffs. Good options are Scarlet Witch, Hood, or Dr Voodoo. And a third option is to bring heavy DOT champs and just rampage through it (AA, Gwenpool, Hype, Black Panther, etc).

Once they go unblockable, it is a difficult fight but still manageable if you can intercept well.
  • Options
    To the OP, Kabam has been developing difficult content so that players should not block. This is either through really high attack ratings (nasty block damage), by using stun immune buffs, or using unblockable specials. In Kabam's eyes, blocking/parry is not necessarily "fighting with skill" at the highest levels (i.e. final boss of Uncollected EQ).
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    She was insanely easy with anyone... this post is a joke. Only real issues please. DEAD THREAD.
  • Options
    My point is Infinity THANOS dealt less block damage with far less lag (and he wasn’t immediately after an Aspect of Infinity War Ironman (thank GRANDMASTER that was only 1 path)
  • Options
    JunhanrocksJunhanrocks Posts: 18
    This uncollected quest is extremely easy. Uncollected was not meant to be easy , btw. Ghost does not even have crazy abilities like Domino , so they had to put high attack on her to make her balanced. Otherwise the quest would be just too easy. I think that they either make the character’s abilities unfair (like domino) , or since they did not for ghost , its fair to make her attack high. Just learn to intercept and stop complaining or you will never get through the higher level stuff. Things like LOL are meant to separate the good players and the extremely good players.
  • Options
    This uncollected quest is extremely easy. Uncollected was not meant to be easy , btw. Ghost does not even have crazy abilities like Domino , so they had to put high attack on her to make her balanced. Otherwise the quest would be just too easy. I think that they either make the character’s abilities unfair (like domino) , or since they did not for ghost , its fair to make her attack high. Just learn to intercept and stop complaining or you will never get through the higher level stuff. Things like LOL are meant to separate the good players and the extremely good players.

Dude I’ve been doing the uncollected since the one after Killmonger Gulk (I took a break for 2 months) and it just kinda feels like they found a backroute to avoid a rehash of nameless guillotine (who was actually fun due to not being lagged with animation and OVERHEATING)

Yeah… part of my issue is the LAG! I’ve gone 600 health against a master level boss on the MODOK labs easy… I’m through 5.4… this event WOULD be a literal CAKE WALK if the lag wasn’t an issue and I could land perfect parries and intercepts without lag taking my commands at the wrong time due to something not related to anything I can control
  • Options
    Bear3Bear3 Posts: 996 ★★★
    This boss was insanely easy... I took her down with 3 or 4 different people. I actually was displeased she was so easy to be honest. Uncollected is for elite players and ghost was kind of a nothing boss... no more difficult than iron fist or something. Uncollected should nt only be hard, but harder than this month. If you’re complaining about ghost difficulty you’re not an uncollected caliber player. Stick with master.
  • Options
    Animejay70Animejay70 Posts: 400 ★★★
    Ghost was simple. Beat with Blade, AA, Medusa, GR, Cap IW.

Basically anyone. Performance issues could be to blame.
  • Options
    Animejay70 wrote: »
    Ghost was simple. Beat with Blade, AA, Medusa, GR, Cap IW.

Basically anyone. Performance issues could be to blame.

Yanno @Animejay70 I cite the nodes as aggressively “much” but also say it would be doable without issues if the overheating and animation lag weren’t tag teaming my timing on parry and intercepting
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    I rinse her every time with Blade
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Dude i know the block damage is ridiculous, but if you have t5r3, then he can be dealt with pretty much any champions
    But the laggggggg! Lag is the only problem with ghost right now!!!!!
  • Options
    KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    Im sorry was ghost ‘she’?
  • Options
    It’s the LAAAAAAAG that makes the block damage unbearable

It’s a combination of something simple and bugged that suck together
  • Options
    DJSergyDJSergy Posts: 170 ★★
    Lag is terrible with ghost. The phasing animation just lags like crazy. Can’t fight like that
  • Options
    shortpkershortpker Posts: 72
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Sighsohard wrote: »

I'm relatively new to uncollected and just started today and have a question since I see you're pretty far advanced. How do you work through the rage node? With 85% health left the opponent is unblockable. Is there a way to work around this or do you just have to intercept all fight like a monster?

Use nullify champs such as scarlet witch or voodoo
  • Options
    The only lag I've seen lately in the game has been when I have a stack of champs queued up for helps from arena.

Ghost's animations aren't smooth, but I wouldn't call them laggy. It has the same hiccup every time she fires a special which leads me to believe it's a product of poor animation design and not lag.
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    Okay you know what
    How about this solution

Don’t fight her until the lag is fixed

And then eeeeverything is solved
  • Options
    ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    edited July 2018
    Like you said yourself, it isn’t an unfair fight it’s just combining with the lag

And you are choosing to play while the lag is active, so you’re honestly kind of bringing this upon yourself and you basically admitted to it, so just wait and save the resources
  • Options
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    Like you said yourself, it isn’t an unfair fight it’s just combining with the lag

And you are choosing to play while the lag is active, so you’re honestly kind of bringing this upon yourself and you basically admitted to it, so just wait and save the resources

Dude I was 300 Units to get past that IWIM (I’m almost to where it’s natural to evade his repulsers that early to punish him) and then for the last of the enemies cause I burned all my champs between DPS and Utility for what I thought was gonna be a simple fight (yanno basic Voodoo, and iceman to test her out in a mode I don’t just autokill her in cause it’s too easy) and by that time I was nearing 400 after my dwindled stash after a 4th Collector run from free refills and downtime between Alliance stuff.

I figured another 200 Units to kill Ghost or I could waste 400 Units total and have to do that IMIW fight again which was looking to be an easy 100s of Units on JUST potions even if I solo’d him