**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is that really how that went down?

2»

Comments

• gahrlinggahrling Posts: 199
    Git gud
  • WelderofortuneWelderofortune Posts: 527 ★★
    In my alliances last war a 1900 something IW iron-man took out two players who both had lineups 1300 being the average, so six defenders kills for one champ, it turns out they had no experience fighting him and got taken out leaving him, at over 60% heath! weird things happen in AW weird things.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    @Anthinho 2/35 champs are 5% stronger than the same 4/40 champ with the same sig. 3/45 champs are 10% stronger than the same 5/50 champs.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    Anthinho wrote: »
    Rocap wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    First node Luke Cage busts Blade in the throat and basically one combo'd him. Next node Hyperion stands around refusing to be baited and busts through a parry and eats everyone else.

Is the expectation really to use revives on the first 2 nodes? If that's the case then why is it limited to 15 items? I'm not terrible lol. I wouldn't have made it anywhere if I was.

yg20dlkswhmr.jpeg

Which node is this? Middle left, 3rd node before section 2?

Yes, this.

od4mrfkxaue5.jpeg

U lied, u said it was an all or nothing node, since it's not you must be in a lower tier, I havent noticed aw being any different and I'm in tier 8

He didn't lie. He said "Hyperion stands around refusing to be baited" someone else said it was an all or nothing node. Then someone else also mentions that. Then someone figured out it's only all or nothing in high tiers.

Don't just go around calling someone a lier.

Tile 17 isn't all or nothing in any tier. It's the next node after 17. OP was just over matched or didn't have the skill. Duped Blade should have bled him out and he could have regened.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    First node Luke Cage busts Blade in the throat and basically one combo'd him. Next node Hyperion stands around refusing to be baited and busts through a parry and eats everyone else.

Is the expectation really to use revives on the first 2 nodes? If that's the case then why is it limited to 15 items? I'm not terrible lol. I wouldn't have made it anywhere if I was.

yg20dlkswhmr.jpeg

Yes, this.

od4mrfkxaue5.jpeg

Your picture in the OP shows Hyperion standing on node 22, not node 17. You can clearly see the portal just above Hyperion, and node 17 is directly below Hyperion right where the "1" indicator is.

This is what that path looks like on our current war map:

hp5sws1oqvxr.png
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★

yg20dlkswhmr.jpeg

Yes, this.

od4mrfkxaue5.jpeg

U lied, u said it was an all or nothing node, since it's not you must be in a lower tier, I havent noticed aw being any different and I'm in tier 8

He didn't lie. He said "Hyperion stands around refusing to be baited" someone else said it was an all or nothing node. Then someone else also mentions that. Then someone figured out it's only all or nothing in high tiers.

Tile 17 isn't all or nothing in any tier. It's the next node after 17. OP was just over matched or didn't have the skill. Duped Blade should have bled him out and he could have regened.

My point was the OP got called a liar even though he didn’t say anything untrue. A lot of others said a lot of things, but he didn’t say it was all or nothing.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,983 ★★★★★

yg20dlkswhmr.jpeg

Yes, this.

od4mrfkxaue5.jpeg

My point was the OP got called a liar even though he didn’t say anything untrue. A lot of others said a lot of things, but he didn’t say it was all or nothing.

I know. I agree with you. i was just correcting the statement of tile 17 its all or nothing in higher tiers when its not. OP is pointing out tile 17. DNA3000 has the right picture showing tile 22 is all or nothing. Really though, OP isn't giving all the info about the fights and he/she is clearly out matched.
  • Even though the node might be SP1/SP2 bias, it doesnt necessarily mean it will only trigger the "biased" special. I know alot of people put yondu on the SP2 bias mini boss but I have zero problem baiting the SP1.

For this node though I think what might be happening is you are pushing Hyperion too far for the bias to kick in. What I mean is you have to play slower so that his power meter doesn't go past SP1. Once he gets to 2 bars, the "bias" might prevent him from using the SP2 and before you know it, he is at 3 bars and you're screwed. I'm not sure if that is exactly how it works but unless you use Stark Spidey your best bet is to do less than 5 hit combos and bait as much as possible.
  • KidTristanKidTristan Posts: 66
    Node 17 is right before Node 22 on Path 4. Your pic shows the portal right after Hyperion, which means that's on Node 22.

Are the maps somehow different for Tier 9?

But your question has been answered. Hyp is on All or Nothing. You brought no champs to counter that.
  • abn86abn86 Posts: 107
    @Rocap as has been mentioned, you looked at the wrong node. Make sure that you check your node info beforehand so you can plan out your team.

And to answer your initial question, because you were trying to bait a champ that cannot be baited AND has power gain, that's why you lost to a r4 4* hype. I know you may feel like you are more skilled than that - and you may be - but you need to make sure that you check what's happening on each individual nodes. Even if you didn't do as others have suggested here (plan your champs based on your path) you could have still came up with an impromptu plan. For instance, GR has power lock on his l2 and duration increases as you stack judgments. He also has nullify on l1 to disable buffs (like power gain). You would still have ate an l3 more than likely, but you could also regen it all back.

In the future, look at each node on your path. As you get to higher tiers, different nodes pop up entirely, or nodes get additions to make it a little more challenging. Also, if you get stuck to the same path, it becomes pretty easy to figure out who is where. If you knew it was an all or nothing, and all you saw was cosmic, there's only so many guesses as to who it would be. Node 17 that this group skipped is an l1 unblockable. There's usually science champs there ( at least in lower tiers), and usually either one of two choices. And if you can guess who you will (more than likely) face, you're that much better prepared for the fight.
    I probably would have replaced Angela with Iceman in the attack team also. Iceman would have just pushed right through that Hyperion and brushed off the L3 like it was nothing. In my opinion, if you aren't scouting and highly optimizing your AW attack team, then you should be bringing in Iceman. He's one of the best champions for dealing with random champions and nodes.
  • shashankchromeshashankchrome Posts: 84
    R2 5* is actually equivalent to a r3 4*

No. A 5* @Rank 2 is a tiny bit stronger than a 4* @Rank 4.

c253bojouqmz.png
    h9s1rh6iydvq.png
  • abn86 wrote: »
    @Rocap as has been mentioned, you looked at the wrong node. Make sure that you check your node info beforehand so you can plan out your team.

And to answer your initial question, because you were trying to bait a champ that cannot be baited AND has power gain, that's why you lost to a r4 4* hype. I know you may feel like you are more skilled than that - and you may be - but you need to make sure that you check what's happening on each individual nodes. Even if you didn't do as others have suggested here (plan your champs based on your path) you could have still came up with an impromptu plan. For instance, GR has power lock on his l2 and duration increases as you stack judgments. He also has nullify on l1 to disable buffs (like power gain). You would still have ate an l3 more than likely, but you could also regen it all back.

In the future, look at each node on your path. As you get to higher tiers, different nodes pop up entirely, or nodes get additions to make it a little more challenging. Also, if you get stuck to the same path, it becomes pretty easy to figure out who is where. If you knew it was an all or nothing, and all you saw was cosmic, there's only so many guesses as to who it would be. Node 17 that this group skipped is an l1 unblockable. There's usually science champs there ( at least in lower tiers), and usually either one of two choices. And if you can guess who you will (more than likely) face, you're that much better prepared for the fight.

GR has power drain on his L2 and power lock on his L3.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,053 ★★★★★
    edited July 2018
    maybe watch some videos about baiting sps?
    also your screen looks like Hype had about 90% hp, and even with rank difference GR should've take at least 50%, if he dies after one sp3 (wich might not be true). losing to LC is another reason to believe you have things to learn
    Aleor wrote: »
    also your screen looks like Hype had about 90% hp, and even with rank difference GR should've take at least 50%, if he dies after one sp3 (wich might not be true). losing to LC is another reason to believe you have things to learn

Hyperion's SP3, like Mordo's SP3 and as far as I can think of the SP3 of any champion with power gain, doesn't hit hard. Sometimes people are so afraid of eating the SP3 they keep trying to bait specials right up to the point where Hyperion reaches SP3, and then they do that again and again eating multiple SP3s while not doing any significant damage in return. When I see a Hyp with all his health remaining, that's what I assume happened. You need to know when baiting just isn't working and switch to a more aggressive attack against him.
  • IcsGrecIcsGrec Posts: 919 ★★★
    7jxhqum8a7vv.jpeg

My best are on defense. I'm not going to sit here and lie about what tier I'm in, so don't be rude. The defense is using an unduped R4 4* Hyperion. It's tier 9, we're g3, they're g2.

HOW are your champs ratings so low?
    I have a 4star rank 5 duped Hyperion and he's 6002 rating, with sig level 27.
    Are your masteries set right? They do make a huge difference, especially in terms of damage output
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    KidTristan wrote: »
    Node 17 is right before Node 22 on Path 4. Your pic shows the portal right after Hyperion, which means that's on Node 22.

Are the maps somehow different for Tier 9?

But your question has been answered. Hyp is on All or Nothing. You brought no champs to counter that.

There is absolutely no all or nothing node in all of tier 9. It was either sp1 or heavy handed. Either way it's NOT all or nothing.
  • RocapRocap Posts: 222
    IcsGrec wrote: »
    7jxhqum8a7vv.jpeg

My best are on defense. I'm not going to sit here and lie about what tier I'm in, so don't be rude. The defense is using an unduped R4 4* Hyperion. It's tier 9, we're g3, they're g2.

Are your masteries set right? They do make a huge difference, especially in terms of damage output

I don't have the units for the greater crits, and I'm still working on finishing the act 4 maps for those mastery points. The energy consumption is yuck. I've researched and compared everything else in the mastery trees and they're set as best as I can.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    IcsGrec wrote: »
    7jxhqum8a7vv.jpeg

I don't have the units for the greater crits, and I'm still working on finishing the act 4 maps for those mastery points. The energy consumption is yuck. I've researched and compared everything else in the mastery trees and they're set as best as I can.

Can we see them? I'm curious.
  • AnthinhoAnthinho Posts: 256
    DNA3000 wrote: »

Hyperion's SP3, like Mordo's SP3 and as far as I can think of the SP3 of any champion with power gain, doesn't hit hard. Sometimes people are so afraid of eating the SP3 they keep trying to bait specials right up to the point where Hyperion reaches SP3, and then they do that again and again eating multiple SP3s while not doing any significant damage in return. When I see a Hyp with all his health remaining, that's what I assume happened. You need to know when baiting just isn't working and switch to a more aggressive attack against him.

Get hit by hyperion's sp3 see how little damage it does lol ur an idiot

Overconfidence in ignorance is no way to live.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★

Overconfidence in ignorance is no way to live.

Wow he sure likes to call folks names doesn't he.

DNA is correct. Hypes L3 with no fury buffs or cosmic charges doesn't do very much damage.

• JustapilgrimJustapilgrim Posts: 239 ★★
    I think it is more likely your skill (or lack there of) than it is the game. Many in my alliance can finish entire lanes without spending items on Tier 4 wars. You are likely not baiting Hyperion's special properly by not getting close enough.
  • AnthinhoAnthinho Posts: 256
    My r5 4* hype's hits at about 5.5k per sp3, that's alot of damage off of a 4* or a low ranked 5*