**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Limbo limbo limbo limbo limbo

KALIZOKALIZO Posts: 484 ★★
So I'm fighting magik, no biggie, I know she got that limbo so I'm playing fairly safe. Not trying to activate her limbo. But there's no way on beating her with skill along. I had to pause the game in order to take a screenshot. I'm 33 hits in and she is basically destroying me with limbo. Completely throws out the window the a players skill on this game. Now I know that there are a few champs that can counter her but I don't have any of them. I rely on my skills as a player. What can you guys suggest me to do or How to play around her? Am I doomed? Do I need to pull out my wallet? I know that's exactly what kabam wants. There has not been talks regarding her limbo. This is crazy, completely shuts down my love for this game...

Comments

• TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    edited July 2017
    Limbo is ok. But it should b like during limbo if magik health decrease by any way at the end of limbo not only the lost health she gain back but also same amount of health take away from opponent. And per sec limbo damage should b very low like 100 per tick.
    I like my magik. But still little........
  • KromestoneKromestone Posts: 81
    Watch this video and with you dd's perfect block chance, you can beat the **** outer her

https://youtu.be/-fAqpD6cxRk
  • AppieAppie Posts: 99
    Kromestone wrote: »
    Watch this video and with you dd's perfect block chance, you can beat the **** outer her

https://youtu.be/-fAqpD6cxRk

that's not alliance war think about mystic dispersion he's fighting thanos team aswel which has no masteries war is just a joke at this point as you cannot avoid it unless you have a vision.
  • TheSOURATheSOURA Posts: 674
    I do same thing for magik as in video. But magik boss well still u know.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    It's AW it's not about your individual roster and capabilites, it's about your BG's and alliance's.
  • Midknight007Midknight007 Posts: 764 ★★★
    rtnimuepuy6v.jpg
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    edited July 2017
    Don't push her to her l2 its got way more chance of triggering limbo, always bait l1
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    Yeah even if he wasn't doing the parry trick there she is simply beat in arena, but the scales of AW Tier 1 Limbo damage is huge, I mean it is quite stupid. I say this having a 4* and 5* version too.

Not calling for a nerf either, but no one can say it's fair damage, it's like Iceman... skill can beat anything, unfair damage etc is just a sucker pinch
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,240 ★★★★★
    edited July 2017
    CoquiFongo wrote: »
    Another Limbo post surprise surprise. Give it a rest spammers.

This forum is for people to discuss the game, and yes that includes complaints. And when these complaints are just ignored by kabam it makes people want to post them more because they're being ignored. You disagreeing with or being annoyed by the posts won't stop them, only kabam making a proper response to it will.

You think people complain now? Wait to see how many people complain if they nerf her Limbo. She's in most Wars. Not to mention the word nerf comes up everyday.

The last thing we need is more Champ changes. There are going to be some Champs that are harder than others. They take preparation and skill. Go in with what you need and work with your Ally for AQ and AW. Not everyone has to solo a Boss or Mini-Boss. That's why it's an "Alliance" Event. If we know she comes up, we can go in with the right Champs to deal with her, and be prepared to take Damage from time to time. Not every Fight will be over one try, no harm done. It's a game. If they removed every challenge, no one would want to play.
  • dkatryldkatryl Posts: 672 ★★★
    Her limbo should be broken into two components, Offensive and Defensive.

Defensive is when her power gains cross a threshold and any damage during that time will be healed at the end of the timer

Offensive is when she uses her specials, and in addition to the special specific stuff, it does the little passive damage ticks as a bonus.

The ticks by themselves aren't the problem, so much as how they trigger so that the ticks quite often end up being the vast majority, if not ALL of the damage done, which is why she is seen as such a skill-less defender.
  • TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Electra, Gwenpool, Vision (both of them), Dr Voodo, Psylocke, Karnak, BW, Magik

All of those champs are doing great against Magik. Limbo and Magik have a lot of counters.
  • 4_ME_U_D0N34_ME_U_D0N3 Posts: 141
    I have big trouble countering nc...i get excited in fights or something dont know what i always end up getting my ... kicked by him, ended up spending units and cores on opening unfazed and other abilities that helps counter or withstand his random and simultaneous evades...But u dont see me create posts for nerf a champ...Why? because people buy awakening gems with real $$$ to rank up a certain champ and use him to the max of their potential...Why then make the developers nerf a champ because i cant beat him...There are people out there beating nc with their eyes closed same with limbo i can take out magik without dying as aw boss or die just once...There are counters to almost everything there are ways to withstand her limbo or her triggering it...DD og is a bad choice of champ to go up against her u let her gain her l2 which has x% chances on triggering limbo...champs that bleed and power drain/lock/steal heal block will make ur life alot easier...some champs that dont trigger md and either heal block bleed and power drain...Yondu vision magik gwp hawkeye and there are alot more but u should do ur own research
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    She needs just one correction: Limbo should be a buff.
  • MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    edited July 2017
    If she's not immune, despair, petrify and pacify are needed and will help you out.

If she's on any type of immune node and you have the resources to change masteries, drop all utility masteries, excpet 1 limber and 1 despair, and stack health and attack.

Of course, the power steal/drain champ work around helps, but is not a total fix.

One thing to keep in mind is that filling 1 bar of power has lower chance to proc limbo, so try to keep her spamming l1

There is skill involved in dropping magik, or at least taking big chunks of her out before collapsing to limbo, but seeing as the battle groups consist of 10 players, it's usually group effort to her out if she's a boss. All other nodes are skill driven.

Also...there having hundreds of posts regarding limbo. 1 was enough, the rest are spam
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

This forum is for people to discuss the game, and yes that includes complaints. And when these complaints are just ignored by kabam it makes people want to post them more because they're being ignored. You disagreeing with or being annoyed by the posts won't stop them, only kabam making a proper response to it will.

You think people complain now? Wait to see how many people complain if they nerf her Limbo. She's in most Wars. Not to mention the word nerf comes up everyday.

The last thing we need is more Champ changes. There are going to be some Champs that are harder than others. They take preparation and skill. Go in with what you need and work with your Ally for AQ and AW. Not everyone has to solo a Boss or Mini-Boss. That's why it's an "Alliance" Event. If we know she comes up, we can go in with the right Champs to deal with her, and be prepared to take Damage from time to time. Not every Fight will be over one try, no harm done. It's a game. If they removed every challenge, no one would want to play.

I'm not saying she should have a huge nerf, it should be more of a balancing in regards to how fair her abilities are to our wallets. There is no skill to taking huge chunks of damage. Her abilities shouldn't need to be changed back into what she was before her limbo buff, it just needs to be changed so it's a good defensive ability, but it is avoidable with skill. The top defenders can all be beaten by skill, Hyperion and mordo you need to bait, NC you need to switch him, Spidey needs patience. But magik with rank five MD doesn't involve skill, it involves hitting her until limbo overcomes you.

I'm not advocating removing every challenge and you saying I am is twisting my words (does that make me a victim?), any so called challenge that doesn't require skill to beat and only requires opening your wallet is not a good challenge. Yes there are a few champs that can beat magik easy but by kabams own words, that's separating the haves and the have nots. Which was their reasoning behind the nerfs of witch strange etc.

I'm wondering what tier of AW you are in? Because I mean, if you were in tier 20 fighting 2* magiks then your opinion doesn't hold as much power as some others. Personally I've been in tier 1/2 back and forth for about 4 months, in the last month I stepped back a bit for personal reasons, and over the next month i won't be playing due to travel. But after that I'm back in tier 1 and 2 fighting rank 4 5* magiks. So I know how irritating it is. Do you?
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    I want to add another counter to Magik: Wolverine. I know it's surprising, but apparently, it's possible

6dk7dmtuh7y6.jpg

f3i5lijyfc76.png

ldwf1gohq745.jpg
  • Crazybaca2323Crazybaca2323 Posts: 288 ★★
    AA destroys her!
    edited July 2017

I'm not saying she should have a huge nerf, it should be more of a balancing in regards to how fair her abilities are to our wallets. There is no skill to taking huge chunks of damage. Her abilities shouldn't need to be changed back into what she was before her limbo buff, it just needs to be changed so it's a good defensive ability, but it is avoidable with skill. The top defenders can all be beaten by skill, Hyperion and mordo you need to bait, NC you need to switch him, Spidey needs patience. But magik with rank five MD doesn't involve skill, it involves hitting her until limbo overcomes you.

I'm not advocating removing every challenge and you saying I am is twisting my words (does that make me a victim?), any so called challenge that doesn't require skill to beat and only requires opening your wallet is not a good challenge. Yes there are a few champs that can beat magik easy but by kabams own words, that's separating the haves and the have nots. Which was their reasoning behind the nerfs of witch strange etc.

I'm wondering what tier of AW you are in? Because I mean, if you were in tier 20 fighting 2* magiks then your opinion doesn't hold as much power as some others. Personally I've been in tier 1/2 back and forth for about 4 months, in the last month I stepped back a bit for personal reasons, and over the next month i won't be playing due to travel. But after that I'm back in tier 1 and 2 fighting rank 4 5* magiks. So I know how irritating it is. Do you?

The first paragraph was to you. The following one was a general statement. I'm quite aware of how frustrating Magik's unavoidable Damage is. That doesn't mean I'm advocating changing it. Champs like Magik, Iceman, NC, Yondu, Nebula, Quake....they present a challenge. That gives us something to grow from. As I said, no one would want to play the game for long if there was nothing that presented some sort of challenge. It would be boring. For that matter, the only reason the Limbo is scaled that high is because it's higher Tier. It's supposed to be a challenge at that level. We can't expect to have Top Rewards without some form of difficulty, and we can't expect to win every Fight without the possibility of taking Damage or being KO'd now and then.

The first paragraph was to you. The following one was a general statement. I'm quite aware of how frustrating Magik's unavoidable Damage is. That doesn't mean I'm advocating changing it. Champs like Magik, Iceman, NC, Yondu, Nebula, Quake....they present a challenge. That gives us something to grow from. As I said, no one would want to play the game for long if there was nothing that presented some sort of challenge. It would be boring. For that matter, the only reason the Limbo is scaled that high is because it's higher Tier. It's supposed to be a challenge at that level. We can't expect to have Top Rewards without some form of difficulty, and we can't expect to win every Fight without the possibility of taking Damage or being KO'd now and then.

But what Aw tier are you in? Because that will give me and others a good idea of how much experience you have with difficult magiks. And then it will help our conversation further. Magik and iceman don't present challenges. They present damage that is unavoidable. There's a difference between a challenge that is Nightcrawler who is bloody difficult to fight but can be beaten and iceman and magik who just damage you by doing nothing. Why does it matter what you directed at me and what you said as general talk? I was responding to both anyway.
    edited July 2017

But what Aw tier are you in? Because that will give me and others a good idea of how much experience you have with difficult magiks. And then it will help our conversation further. Magik and iceman don't present challenges. They present damage that is unavoidable. There's a difference between a challenge that is Nightcrawler who is bloody difficult to fight but can be beaten and iceman and magik who just damage you by doing nothing. Why does it matter what you directed at me and what you said as general talk? I was responding to both anyway.

What Tier I'm in has nothing to do with the conversation. All you're doing is trying to discredit what I'm saying based on ego. Not all Damage is avoidable. The higher up you go, the more Damage you can take. That's just how it is.

What Tier I'm in has nothing to do with the conversation. All you're doing is trying to discredit what I'm saying based on ego.

Not trying to discredit what you're saying as such. It's just that do you think that someone in tier 20 who has only 2* champions and fought a 2* magik one time would have an expert opinion on magiks limbo? I mean for all I know you could be a new player who started a few weeks ago but you just like talking in the forum. What tier you're in has everything to do with the conversation. It shows us whether you actually know what you're talking about

What Tier I'm in has nothing to do with the conversation. All you're doing is trying to discredit what I'm saying based on ego.

Not trying to discredit what you're saying as such. It's just that do you think that someone in tier 20 who has only 2* champions and fought a 2* magik one time would have an expert opinion on magiks limbo? I mean for all I know you could be a new player who started a few weeks ago but you just like talking in the forum. What tier you're in has everything to do with the conversation. It shows us whether you actually know what you're talking about

No. You're resorting to pulling Rank because you don't like what I'm saying. I think we can end it here. They don't need to change her because she does Damage. That's why she's in AQ and AW. That's my opinion.
  • KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    edited July 2017

What Tier I'm in has nothing to do with the conversation. All you're doing is trying to discredit what I'm saying based on ego. Not all Damage is avoidable. The higher up you go, the more Damage you can take. That's just how it is.

Yes it does. The guy isn't trying to discredit you at all. It's you that is being defensive.

I've never been in Tier 1, so I can't say how hard Magik is there because I have never fought her in Tier 1. So my opinion is less valid compared to someone from Tier 1. It has nothing to do with ego.

Also we have already discussed about valid and invalid opinions. Everyone can have an opinion, but not everyone's valid. Please let's not go there again.

No. You're resorting to pulling Rank because you don't like what I'm saying. I think we can end it here. They don't need to change her because she does Damage. That's why she's in AQ and AW. That's my opinion.

So you think that someone starting the game yesterday's knows as much about the game as one of the developers at kabam?
    If people can't have a discussion on a topic without turning it into a peeing contest about where they're at in the game, that says something.