**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

30 MIN TIMERs HAVE BEEN GREAT

Comments

• DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    If 30 minute timers are not good for the players, why are they issued as compensation for catastrophic Kabam failures?

They know the score.

They also know that 1 hour timers keep people chained to the game all day, which is beneficial for Kabam, and why the shorter timer will never be implemented permanently.
  • ChickenChicken Posts: 160
    Chicken wrote: »
    @GroundedWisdom if they changed the timers to 30 minutes that doesn’t mean your guys have to log in more often. The map would still be the same length so they could still log in at there normal times and complete the map without having to log in any more times than they do now. Others could log in more if they wanted to. I seem to remember in a post a while back you said that you don’t have to do everything in the game and it’s your choice and that you should just do what you can. You could still complete the map as you normally do but if other alliances chose to log in more often then they could complete the map faster and that would be there choice. 30 min timers wouldn’t change a thing for those who want to take it slow. They wouldn’t need to feel pressured to log in anymore than they do now. We just want that choice.

The point I made is I have guys in opposite Time Zones that don't get to participate because when the Timers are shorter, the Maps are done by the time they log on. I'm not the only one, as Drop has stated his case. The Map stays open for 24 hours either way. I get that people like finishing faster, but it's not best for everyone and it's not a Democracy where you can sacrifice the issues of some to a majority government based on the fact that they want it. The system is designed that way for a reason. It's to accommodate everyone. This has literally been brought up everytime the Timers are reduced and the response is always the same, they have no plans of making them permanent. It is NOT beneficial for everyone. People might not believe that because it suits their cause to support what they want, but that's the fact. People should be able to play and participate. Not just log on for the Rewards and not get to Fight. That's a problem. A pretty significant one, and not one that can be solved with scheduling. Unless you can pencil in flipping the globe, or forcing people to play at all hours and forego work. The system works fine as it is now. I could care less if people want to keep asking ad infinitum, but there is a purpose to having it this way and it won't go away because of want.

So basically what I got from this is that the guys in your alliance don’t log in very maybe like once a day or that you guys are finishing so fast that some of the guys don’t get a chance to participate which I doubt it’s the second one. And that’s there choice if they don’t want to log in very often. How about this solution then. What if the timers were shorter for those in expert bracket. But stayed 1 hour for those lower than that. That way the people who have worked hard to get into expert get rewarded for it.
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Or they could just allow you to choose your own timer, thereby appeasing both alliances that prefer the longer one.
  • peasantpeasant Posts: 240
    @GroundedWisdom wrote: The point I made is I have guys in opposite Time Zones that don't get to participate because when the Timers are shorter, the Maps are done by the time they log on.
    ————-
    This is still not a point.

No one is making the other members of your bg clear 💯 before the other time zone guys can log on. They are blatantly choosing to complete before the other people can log in.

That is a personal choice and a d-bag move on the entire BGs part if they don’t care enough to leave a node or two for those people so that everyone can participate and earn rewards.

30m timers doesn’t prevent players from playing. Inconsiderate bg participants are. 30m timers is just showing your bgs true colors and lack of consideration for other team members. This is so easily avoidable, it’s side splitting.

exactly. Alliance members can tell who the inconsiderate members are in the 30 min timers. Do these inconsiderate bg participants care? Nope. Be careful who you team up with
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Inconsiderate? Having lives and living in different areas makes people inconsiderate? Right.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    Inconsiderate? Having lives and living in different areas makes people inconsiderate? Right.
    Yes finishing the map before other people joined just cause you have 30 min timers is inconsiderate. If you had hour long timers then wouldn’t be able to finish the map according to you before that member joined. So that is considered inconsiderate
    I actually have to give you credit you are extremely good at taking one small part of someone’s comment and twisting it all around
    DL864 wrote: »
    Yes finishing the map before other people joined just cause you have 30 min timers is inconsiderate. If you had hour long timers then wouldn’t be able to finish the map according to you before that member joined. So that is considered inconsiderate

What's inconsiderate is being so focused on getting what one wants that anyone else who is affected by it doesn't matter, should adjust, doesn't count, or doesn't exist.
    I could care less if people are asking for it or not. I'm making the point that it's not best for everyone, and people are adamant that those problems don't exist. It's not up to me to decide whether they're made permanent or not. My issue is with the flat-out refusal to acknowledge that it's a problem for some.
    I could care less if people are asking for it or not. I'm making the point that it's not best for everyone, and people are adamant that those problems don't exist. It's not up to me to decide whether they're made permanent or not. My issue is with the flat-out refusal to acknowledge that it's a problem for some.

Yeah ok we believe you. That’s way you are flooding this tread with comments.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    We could use them again now considering our iPhone players can't safely play.
  • FlappppFlapppp Posts: 5
    I don’t understand.. making me wait an extra 30 minutes to win the same fight I could have just won 30 minuets ago doesn’t sound like dificulty it sounds like a waste of time..? 30 minute times should always have been implemented since the very beginning. Maybe some people actually need a faster pace in order to start and finish as people like myself with 10-13 hour shifts only get so many breaks then take 5-6 hours to sleep and what have I got?.. 1,000,000 messages and tags on line saying that they have been waiting 30 minutes too long even though we’re all in phase 3 with time to spare. So my answer is YES! PEOPLE HAVE LIVES!
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Dropfaith wrote: »
    We could use them again now considering our iPhone players can't safely play.

Every half hr they would still need to play actually more often in most cases ..

An hr gives them time to let.phone cool off

The point is our Android players are compensating by having to handle more of the map without our IOS players.
  • Oroku_SakiOroku_Saki Posts: 167
    I can usually only afford 10 minute timers. Y'all rich.
  • SBundyBearSBundyBear Posts: 8
    I challenge anyone to provide 1 tangible practical example of a Person or Alliance who would be disadvantaged by 30 minute timers.

In 9 pages I have yet to see an example of anyone who would be worse off because of 30 min timers.
    SBundyBear wrote: »
    I challenge anyone to provide 1 tangible practical example of a Person or Alliance who would be disadvantaged by 30 minute timers.

In 9 pages I have yet to see an example of anyone who would be worse off because of 30 min timers.

We literally did that. In 9 pages, people keep ignoring the issues because they don't want to accept them.
    TL:DR - "We don't accept your examples, so you contributed nothing."
    As I said, always a one-sided debate.
  • BadroseBadrose Posts: 779 ★★★

We literally did that. In 9 pages, people keep ignoring the issues because they don't want to accept them.

You literally did nothing. Explain in details how that single guy can't even enter AQ before it ends, tell us his paths, the nodes he usually removes and the time he usually connects to the game. AQ timer is not an issue for this guy, he is an issue for your ally. And again, joining an ally from a different time zone is a choice and you have to accept coscequences.
    Badrose wrote: »

You literally did nothing. Explain in details how that single guy can't even enter AQ before it ends, tell us his paths, the nodes he usually removes and the time he usually connects to the game. AQ timer is not an issue for this guy, he is an issue for your ally. And again, joining an ally from a different time zone is a choice and you have to accept coscequences.

Except the game is global, and you can't force people to join Allies in their own Time Zones just to accommodate faster Maps 5 and 6.
  • iamthegodofwariamthegodofwar Posts: 74
    There’s no need for 30min timer. AQ can be completed in the usual 1 hour timer. We do map5 and global alliance.
This discussion has been closed.