**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

New 19.0 update phone problems [Merged Threads]

Comments

• GrimmGrimm Posts: 119
    iPhone 7 Plus and IPad Pro
    Both with latest IOS and latest MCOC
    WiFi and ATT LTE depending where I am at

Both are heating up and cause random shutdowns.

If Kabam doesn’t answer soon, I’ll report to Apple as a potential cause of hardware damage.
  • Kroden0517Kroden0517 Posts: 10
    Kabam response to this has been completely and utterly unacceptable. First rule of customer service is empathy. At least do something to let your customers know you care at least a little. My phone is definitely getting warm and battery life is terrible.
    iPhone 8+
    Wifi&At&t
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    Mine is still overheating causing forced restarts of my phone. Not on iOS 11.4...

iPhone 6s
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    Come on! It’s been almost a week! How are we supposed to finish EQ and do arena for pym to do that special quest? Fix this! Also, start testing these updates so your player base isn’t screwed!
  • NabiletyNabilety Posts: 54
    edited July 2018
    Rockon wrote: »
    if the case of batteries are swellling from the game itself, are we getting device replacements if it happens?

Nope, all we'll get is some generic reply "we understand your frustration... bla bla bla".
    You're on your own buddy!
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    Just had to go to my provider and make an Apple warranty claim on my phone due to everything wrong with it since the update.
  • SonnenTigerSonnenTiger Posts: 34
    crea7or wrote: »
    To all ios users please uninstall the mcoc app from your devices if y'all don't want to damage your devices.

Android is also affected ... my S7 is crashed, too :|0byvfdnbmxe5.jpeg
  • DeanooDeanoo Posts: 1
    When I’m in a quest and war my game keeps freezing and logging me out I go back to my champs and half there life has gone please kabam sort this out been playing for a few years now I don’t want to not play any more!!!!
  • Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    I wonder if Apple does find out it’s the game damaging devices and they have to keep warrantying them out if they are going to pull the game from the App Store. Could be the new marketing idea. Play Mcoc android and google store exclusive game.
  • CharlesatpCharlesatp Posts: 6
    Yeah its been almost a week now and still no response from kabam. Its really unfair. Remember when they found out about a bug on revives being farmed on some story quest? They managed to rectify it in less than 24 hrs! But this one? Whats taking you guys so long kabam? With all due respect, this one should be on top of your priority list guys and shouldn’t let this past more than 2 days! They should have a technical team dedicated in solving this issue! They are making big money onthis game! And if they have, What are the supervisors doing? I mean if their technical team cant do anything within 24-48hrs wouldnt be this consider a major major issue? Look at the comments, if you really care about ur customers, you gotta give an update here..
  • tonyj007tonyj007 Posts: 276
    If a device shuts down its a warning that something is wrong. It might not boot up, You just don't know. How many times must a device shut down before it fails to restart. Overheating on any electronics devices cannot be good

Not sure what how much stress damage due to overheating , then a sudden drop in temperature with shut down, then overheating when you restart game to play

Each Device has a different tolerance level for each member/player

i tried to play for 15 minutes, then slow shutdown (looks like phone is dying), hope it comes back to life,
    it does thank goodness

I don't want to shorten the life of my phone, only 3 fights per visit, then off.

All Game Mode are affected by this problem

Not safe. Play at your own risk, your device is in jeopardy.
  • KyrazmomKyrazmom Posts: 159
    The war season should be postponed if this isn’t fixed ASAP!
  • KuBcOoLKuBcOoL Posts: 45
    How are you going to address your customer's devices being negatively impacted?
  • igotgame1075igotgame1075 Posts: 48
    Has anyone reached out to their corporate offices or written the CEO/CIO yet? I would assume that would be the next logical step and linking them to this thread.
    Apple is well aware of the issue going off what I was told when I spoke with them and they have an open investigation going on.
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    edited July 2018
    Hey All,

I have a minor update for you all. Unfortunately, it is not "the cure". It looks like the worst offenders in this thread are all iOS Devices on iOS 11.4. iOS 11.4 has a known issue with Battery Drain, and there might be something in game that is exacerbating this. We believe we may have found some of the causes of this problem, and are currently pursuing fixes for them. We're still not 100% sure at this time, but believe that we are getting closer.

I know this isn't much information, but it's all we have right now. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information.

That’s interesting because I had issues with 11.3 build and then updated to 11.4 thinking it was because my phone wasn’t updated...

• SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    Charlesatp wrote: »
    Yeah its been almost a week now and still no response from kabam. Its really unfair. Remember when they found out about a bug on revives being farmed on some story quest? They managed to rectify it in less than 24 hrs! But this one? Whats taking you guys so long kabam? With all due respect, this one should be on top of your priority list guys and shouldn’t let this past more than 2 days! They should have a technical team dedicated in solving this issue! They are making big money onthis game! And if they have, What are the supervisors doing? I mean if their technical team cant do anything within 24-48hrs wouldnt be this consider a major major issue? Look at the comments, if you really care about ur customers, you gotta give an update here..

Come on mate they have no clue what’s going on hence they can’t say anything, problem started since few updates before looks like an unknown deep routed issue , to be honest kabam has never taken this long to identify an issue this has been the worst of its kind , could only happen with some fundamental software design problems and not thinking of adverse affects, specially if you see over the past few months since Jan 18 I guess too much of game content, too many champs and game dynamics, it had to collapse one day.
  • StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    edited July 2018
    I gave it a week, total, to test and analyze my phone for the sake of certainty. Before the update, occasional lag (during extremely long periods of play, or in War) and stiff loading times. I'm used to it, nothing too terrible since I play on Android. But after the lag, things have changed. Temperature skyrocketed, battery drain multiplied to absurd levels, and many onboard apps and features of my phone have stopped working since. I couldn't connect all those together, so I took the time to test and convince myself.

HTC One M9
    Hardware Version - 0003
    Android Version 7.0, patched February 1st 2017

The battery drain is the main issue. And it has actually destroyed the battery in my phone - it was new prior to the 19.0 update, bought one week beforehand. Now it can't hold a charge, can't display its power levels correctly, and can't open any apps or menus aside from the Contest without boot-looping, even when plugged in and at 100% power.

To be clear, nothing else about the phone has changed in recent memory. As above, no new updates to the Android version have been installed in over a year - if it ain't broke, I wasn't gonna fix it. No alerts for a new update, anyway. All functions worked fine. Browser, calls, texts, music, you name it. I replaced the battery due to some mild charging issues, accrued over time, and this brand new one is suddenly dead in the water.

I swapped out with the older one, and this is the last test: does its condition worsen after being subjected to the Contest in its current form? If this battery, over a year old and still serviceable prior to exposure, goes the way of the brand new one I had installed and subsequently ruined, I'm taking that as proof that somewhere in this update, there's harmful code. I didn't think it likely, or even possible until recently, for a mobile game to do this much damage. But here we are.

How does everyone feel about the idea of a lawsuit? I'm not happy I paid to maintain a device for my personal life that this game seems to have utterly destroyed. Surely this goes beyond vapid claims of "they cost me imaginary in game resources, I want compensation." No, they cost me $110 in parts and labor (no externally "removable" battery, needed professional work done).

Of course, that's if anyone ever does their job with regards to monitoring and replying on this thread. Glass is half-empty (edit: unlike the battery, which 8 minutes into the transfer is at 9% from a nice robust 81% when I turned it on).
  • Campo4 wrote: »
    Hey All,

I have a minor update for you all. Unfortunately, it is not "the cure". It looks like the worst offenders in this thread are all iOS Devices on iOS 11.4. iOS 11.4 has a known issue with Battery Drain, and there might be something in game that is exacerbating this. We believe we may have found some of the causes of this problem, and are currently pursuing fixes for them. We're still not 100% sure at this time, but believe that we are getting closer.

I know this isn't much information, but it's all we have right now. We'll let you know as soon as we have more information.

That’s interesting because I had issues with 11.3 build and then updated to 11.4 thinking it was because my phone wasn’t updated...

And i upgraded to beta 12 which made it even worse so went back to 11.4
  • WooshBang05WooshBang05 Posts: 5
    It has to be the pause menu causing all the problems. It’s constantly refreshing the game and CPU for all buffs and debuffs to display in that screen. Remove the pause menu and I bet it will fix the game.
  • SRArch_SAI21SRArch_SAI21 Posts: 89
    We need to do this and for this we need to launch petitions , looks like coding done quite loosely and carelessly, wonder how come apple released the update without test results , they are equally to be blamed
  • Trapow22Trapow22 Posts: 2
    Yeah this is just crazy go this long without even hearing a word from Kabam I have a galaxy tab s2 and I'm not having any overheating problems but it just randomly shuts the game down cant be reliable in aq or aw because when it shuts down I lose half my health its ridiculous !
  • NabiletyNabilety Posts: 54
    So this is what I noticed, when others started to post about swollen batteries - the sides of my screen are slightly sticking out. Thanks Kabam!

xvrnn6rqbupi.jpg
  • kyle2503kyle2503 Posts: 1
    Device: iPhone 7S
    Version: iOS 11.4

My iPhone 7 has overheated to the point it has meltdown internally - I can't even reboot the phone or put the phone into safe mode for factory reset. Spent 2 hours with Apple Customer Service and Apple doesn't provide me any warranty on the phone any longer. Repair cost is forked out from my own.

I have to resort to my backup iPhone 6 Plus just to do heroic Event Quest playing 3 fights at a time and off the phone to cool down. The lengthy wait on the loading screen is the main cause of the overheating. In-fight lags are another cause of the overheating.

Seriously - @Kabam Miike when can an update patch be released to fix this overheating issue?
  • KurtW1989KurtW1989 Posts: 2
    I bet if somebody used a curse word they’d be all over the response but concern by their fan base they don’t care
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    What a $+-& show we have going on. Can't believe there's been no update. I don't know what the hell is going on at Kabam but they better get it together and start communicating.
  • edited July 2018
    This Problem is DEFINITELY NOT DEVICE-RELATED!!!

On my iPhone 7 (128GB, iOS 12.2. beta 2) the game is playable for about 20-30 minutes, but I now always kill the app after 15 minutes of gameplay to minimize potential damage to my phone.

On my Android tablet (SONY xPeria Z4, Qualcomm Octacore processor, 3GB RAM, Android 7.1.1) the game will run (kind of) smoothly for about 10-15 minutes - than I notice some significant heat emanating from the center of the tablet's back side. Right around this time the game starts to act in a very "fun and interactive" way:

- my champ stops reacting to my inputs mid-combo
    - my champ does moves for which i never actually gave a corresponding input
    - which of my inputs are beeing processed correctly has now become an RNG fiesta - YEAH!
    - framerate becomes very choppy

--> ALL OF THIS MAKES UNCOLLECTED EQ, AQ AND AW BASICALLY UNPLAYABLE!!!!
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    Eliminate the feature where the characters animate in between quest fights on the map. Nobody reads the dialogue anyway. I’m sure that takes a ton of memory. I’m a comic book reader, I’ve never really bought into battlerealm being its own universe, I just like beating up awesome characters with other awesome characters
  • VoodoomooVoodoomoo Posts: 17
    iOS 11.2.5
    iPhone se

Overheats then crashes the game. Apart from mcoc, no heating issues
This discussion has been closed.